Dec 09, 2019 07:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 49 (20.3%)
9 - 41 (17%)
8 - 64 (26.6%)
7 - 36 (14.9%)
6 - 18 (7.5%)
5 - 11 (4.6%)
4 - 8 (3.3%)
3 - 4 (1.7%)
2 - 2 (0.8%)
1 - 8 (3.3%)
Total Voters: 241

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [105] The Spirit of Competition  (Read 78203 times)
Earth Angel
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #250 on: May 03, 2012 05:47 pm »

This is probably the first time we get to see Mako express his feelings for Korra Cheesy!

MAKORRA FEELSZ!

But, Bolin! His comments were so sweet, and just, aww!

BORRA FEELSZ!

iKeep: Makorra | the Makorra hug & kiss in 112 | Makorra's final scene
crazyanimefan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Love is hard when you're young. It gets better.

« Reply #251 on: May 03, 2012 05:47 pm »

"She's great!" Mako says about Korra, in the girlfriend sort of way.

As much as my Makorra heart burst, WHAT. WAIT. NO. LOVE SQUARE. DO NOT WANT.

SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #252 on: May 03, 2012 05:48 pm »

Though now I really have a feeling Mako's going to be giving Korra mixed signals.

If Mako is officially dating Asami, he shouldn't be even considering whether Korra is girlfriend material or not. You can't have your cake and eat it too, Mako. One girl, not both.

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
Earth Angel
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #253 on: May 03, 2012 05:49 pm »

Maybe something in the episode makes Mako realize she's girlfriend material... and this convo obviously happens before the probending clip... hmmm.. *strokes nonexistent beard*

Amina
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #254 on: May 03, 2012 05:50 pm »

This is probably the first time we get to see Mako express his feelings for Korra Cheesy!

Yeah, this is probably the first time I'd say we have some sign of Mako->Korra. However, I don't like how it seems as if he's cockblocking his brother with the advice.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012 05:52 pm by Amina » Logged
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Monk's Gone Wild (IZ TEH BIGGEST ZUTARIAN ON ASN)

« Reply #255 on: May 03, 2012 05:51 pm »

I only saw the clip with Korra talking to Ikki and Jinora. Is there one that's not there? Link lol?

Keeper of Aang discovering he had hair, Zuko&Katara first mission together

I thanked everyone who made me icon/sig on DA. General/Commander AA22 of the Zutarmy. Master of the weapon Zutaratana!
Earth Angel
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #256 on: May 03, 2012 05:53 pm »

^ You can't ask for links on the boards, but just do a google/tumblr search and it should pop up.

purpleeternaldoom
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #257 on: May 03, 2012 05:53 pm »

Aaaaand now I've changed my mind. Best. Clip. EVER. Though Mako's kind of iffy. Mako, we know you're hot, but that doesn't mean all the girls automatically fall for you. Even though they totally do. Nice to see some Mako->Korra feels though.

"I'M GORGEOUS!" Bolin, just let me love you.

What am I doing here? Monitoring everything. And I probably forgot to smile. Wait, scratch that, I definitely forgot to smile.
Earth Angel
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #258 on: May 03, 2012 05:55 pm »

Mako's look when Bolin was listing off Korra was priceless. He's probably realizing that she's more than a 'pal', but I wonder what triggered it! Or unless he always saw her in that light but this is the first time we hear about it...

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #259 on: May 03, 2012 05:58 pm »

I think Mako thinks of her as something more Grin but he's hiding in, it seems like he doesn't want Bolin to know he's into Korra so he's just saying she's a pal so Bolin won't go for her. My logic. Grin

I thanked everyone who made me icon/sig on DA. General/Commander AA22 of the Zutarmy. Master of the weapon Zutaratana!
Eudaemon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Why must all of my favorite characters die?!

« Reply #260 on: May 03, 2012 06:02 pm »

Yes Bolin, you are gorgeous. Cheesy

Why is Mako even "reconsidering" Asami...okay, that makes me not like him because:
1. That's really kind of unfaithful and not fair to Asami.
2. He led the poor girl on and if he simply breaks up with Asami to be with Korra, then that's just a douchebag move.

(I might be blowing it out of proportion, but there's just some elements going on that remind me of a horrible and slightly traumatic relationship I had, just put me in Asami's place and yeah..........)

The only thing Mako has going for him right now is that he can cook.

RIP Noatak. You were hot, but you were a psychopath.
I keep Bolin's green sash. Cheesy
Amina
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #261 on: May 03, 2012 06:02 pm »

Someone on tumblr just suggested this may be after the kiss. That would explain why Mako seems to be discouraging Bolin all of a sudden...Nah..it's still Mako->Korra hinting.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2012 07:51 pm by Amina » Logged
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #262 on: May 03, 2012 06:16 pm »

Someone on tumblr just suggested this may be after the kiss. That would explain why Mako seems to be discouraging Bolin all of a sudden...Nah..it's still Mako->Kora hinting.
I don't think so. There wouldn't be enough time it seems in this episode for them to build up the moments and craziness and epicosity for a Makorra kiss to happen. I know it would definitely be in future episodes. But not this one.

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #263 on: May 03, 2012 06:23 pm »

oh gosh the feels, how do I handle all of this borra and makorra fighting to be canon?? The unwanted makorralin triangle is coming alive Sad At least we know the brothers choose bros before h*** in the end as they rightfully should.

Mainly a lurker, but I come out of my shell once in a while...
Click on my Korra Nation page! http://sot.ag/Mzk1MDA4
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #264 on: May 03, 2012 06:26 pm »

Why is Mako even "reconsidering" Asami...okay, that makes me not like him because:
2. He led the poor girl on and if he simply breaks up with Asami to be with Korra, then that's just a douchebag move.

I'm with you there in getting annoyed at Mako if he's leading both girls on. If he's dating Asami, he shouldn't be considering Korra as girlfriend material for himself. If he's considering Korra as girlfriend material for himself, he should stop dating Asami. He shouldn't drag them both along without making up his mind.

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« Reply #265 on: May 03, 2012 06:28 pm »

Referring Asami as a poor girl, I am sorry she is anything but a poor girl. Seriously and sort of where I am getting at, let me add to Mako's descressions. Don't forget it also makes it looks like he just used her for her money.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012 06:36 pm by fireywaters » Logged

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
Amina
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #266 on: May 03, 2012 06:30 pm »

I don't think so. There wouldn't be enough time it seems in this episode for them to build up the moments and craziness and epicosity for a Makorra kiss to happen. I know it would definitely be in future episodes. But not this one.

See I'm one of those people that's not entirely convinced that Makorra is endgame. As such, I don't think the kiss will necessarily involve epic build-up. It also won't help if it turns out that Mako really is dallying between Asami and Korra as love interests.
Eudaemon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Why must all of my favorite characters die?!

« Reply #267 on: May 03, 2012 06:34 pm »

Referring Asami as a poor girl, I am sorry she is anything but a poor girl. Seriously and sort of where I am getting at, let me to Mako's descressions. Don't forget it also makes it looks like he just used her for her money.

Poor as in "deserving pity". Not monetary poorness. LOL, that was a really bad word choice.
And yes, it does make Mako look like he used her for money. Which is, once again, a way to be a huge douchebag. I have a feeling this will happen, then Asami will be upset and her father will be angry, therefore Hiroshi will side with Amon since Mako used his daughter for money.

RIP Noatak. You were hot, but you were a psychopath.
I keep Bolin's green sash. Cheesy
fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #268 on: May 03, 2012 06:39 pm »

Referring Asami as a poor girl, I am sorry she is anything but a poor girl. Seriously and sort of where I am getting at, let me to Mako's descressions. Don't forget it also makes it looks like he just used her for her money.

Poor as in "deserving pity". Not monetary poorness. LOL, that was a really bad word choice.
And yes, it does make Mako look like he used her for money. Which is, once again, a way to be a huge douchebag. I have a feeling this will happen, then Asami will be upset and her father will be angry, therefore Hiroshi will side with Amon since Mako used his daughter for money.

I know just a joke. As for your last statement, that is really far off. Mako being bender as nothing to do with him acting like a duchbag. Anyone can be duchbag reguardless of nationality or bending ability. Hiroshi seems like a reasonable person I doubt he thinks like that. But Tarlok is not helping in the benders are not all duchbags cause.

Sure it is okay for benders to oppress and bully non benders, but the final straw is Mako being a duchbag?

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #269 on: May 03, 2012 06:41 pm »

Hmm, all of your guys' debates on Mako's character is making me like him even less right now... I hope he's just starting to have mixed feelings now and hadn't been leading both girls on the whole time. At the same time, you can't really help how you feel...

edit: and yeah, mako cockblocking Bolin is NOT cool. At all.  Angry
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012 06:48 pm by avatarded_creb » Logged

Mainly a lurker, but I come out of my shell once in a while...
Click on my Korra Nation page! http://sot.ag/Mzk1MDA4
gonewiththewind17
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Asami, the nonbending swagbender

« Reply #270 on: May 03, 2012 06:45 pm »

I am displeased with Mako right now. It's obvious that he likes Korra and wants her free if he and Asami have problems.

Bolin is totes adorbs though! I wonder if this happens before or after the bar scene. It's definitely before Korra saves the day.

“Until the day when God will deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is contained in these two words,—'Wait and hope.'”
 -Alexander Dumas, The Counte of Monte Cristo

Icon by Plushu Smiley
neverXbroken
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #271 on: May 03, 2012 06:55 pm »

dangit, Mako, you annoy me now with your "she's great." "you shouldn't date her." Geeze, just pick a girl and go with it.

---

"I'M GORGEOUS!" This will my icon when this is released.

fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #272 on: May 03, 2012 06:59 pm »

Asami looks like Lust, but Mako is acting gluttness, he wants all the girls for himself, while poor Bolin gets nothing. Mako's juggling these two women, he is going to mess up eventully. And something tells me and I hope  this happens, Bolin is going to either slap him or hit him, give him some brohterly love.

I think that because of that, Korra and Asami will become friends. They both seem like inteligent women, and intelligent not to blame the other for Mako juggling between the two of them. They may see each other as rivals but in the end Mako is the one who is at fault.

We might see after Mako is busted, the three of them are mad at Mako, and the three of them walk out with Bolin having Korra in one arm, Asami in the other arm and they all exit the room together.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012 07:00 pm by fireywaters » Logged

codenameavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #273 on: May 03, 2012 07:02 pm »

OH, COME ON!

Are we doing this Mako? Really? Nonsense, the lot of it! So you want Asami (or do you, you fool?!) and Korra too?! After accepting sponsorship from Asami's father? What a direction to take his character. Like a wishy-washy Charlie Brown. 

Save some for the rest of us, indeed!

Bolin is gorgeous either way. Now I'm really more confident he gets more development in this episode (and more screentime). I would be most pleased to see a fangirl slobbering over him now, most pleased indeed.

Edit: Also, Pabu is absolutely positively adorable. I love the noise he makes getting into the basin.
Edit edit: I'd been concerned about how Korra was going to handle Mako and Asami, but looks like Mako is just as, if not even more, of an issue. I'm feeling hard for Asami, can't wait to see what becomes of her in this episode. I hope she makes it out okay, whatever happens.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012 07:22 pm by codenameavatar » Logged

Just your average Aang-at-heart. Smiley
Solariz
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #274 on: May 03, 2012 07:05 pm »

omg that clip!!!

Did anyone see Mako's face after he said "I know, that's what I thought you meant" ..he made a :/ face.  like "oh snap...my brother likes her...for himself...not for me :/ "

So this confirms that Mako does crush on Korra and is conflicted. Wonder why he feels it makes more sense to be with Asami.Maybe we'll see why at their lunch date thing.

*sigh* Mako...you can't have two girls. One for the now, and  other for the later. Yes, you're hot, but you can't bubblewrap one girl if another relationship doesn't work out *facepalm*

I predict that By the time he starts actually trying to woo Korra, (after the kiss and he rejects her, think) she's going to turn him down for a long time.

Aw...I love Bolin: "She's beautiful. I'M GORGEOUS!!!" My baby...I hope you don't end up friendzoned Sad
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: