Apr 19, 2019 04:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 49 (20.3%)
9 - 41 (17%)
8 - 64 (26.6%)
7 - 36 (14.9%)
6 - 18 (7.5%)
5 - 11 (4.6%)
4 - 8 (3.3%)
3 - 4 (1.7%)
2 - 2 (0.8%)
1 - 8 (3.3%)
Total Voters: 241

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [105] The Spirit of Competition  (Read 69760 times)
Fire Rose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2012 05:54 pm »

Now I'm curious to find out why the boys were fighting earlier. Did Bolin finally make a move on Korra and Mako was upset because deep down he likes Korra even though he's with Asami?
duckie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Kyoshi fan strikes again with the sig and avi :)

« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2012 05:56 pm »

Now I'm curious to find out why the boys were fighting earlier. Did Bolin finally make a move on Korra and Mako was upset because deep down he likes Korra even though he's with Asami?

I am just wondering why they were so ready to give up the match. There was no fire in either of them.

Proud Zutarian till the end. Going down with the ship Cheesy

IROSAMI for life!
Avapony
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

You're gonna need some upgrades

« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2012 05:59 pm »

^ Maybe they were cheating...? Either that or fighting too much that they just felt bad.

Fleur du Feu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avi by EndlessFlame55 resized by puddlesandmistake

« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2012 06:00 pm »

It seems to be implied that they had some sort of big argument right before the match, they were probably out of sorts because of that.

Keeps "Ikkirupter",  Mako's moxie, Jinora and Ikki's on-board shipping & Korra's doorbusting definition of 'cautious'. Proud Maiko, Kataang, and Sukka shiper. Sig is by PonDeReplay
duckie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Kyoshi fan strikes again with the sig and avi :)

« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2012 06:01 pm »

^ Maybe they were cheating...? Either that or fighting too much that they just felt bad.

^You mean the other team was cheating? Hmmm... I would imagine that would make them more enraged and determined to beat them. I guess without the full context of the clip, we won't really know.

Proud Zutarian till the end. Going down with the ship Cheesy

IROSAMI for life!
Avapony
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

You're gonna need some upgrades

« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2012 06:02 pm »

No, I meant the fire ferrets were cheating in order to win. But I doubt that really happened.

gonewiththewind17
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Asami, the nonbending swagbender

« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2012 06:11 pm »

Saw the clip..aww Brolin angst!

“Until the day when God will deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is contained in these two words,—'Wait and hope.'”
 -Alexander Dumas, The Counte of Monte Cristo

Icon by Plushu Smiley
PokemonLotty
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Swag.

« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2012 06:16 pm »

When'd it say they were fighting earlier?

Follow me on tumblr! Smiley
http://sub-maureen.tumblr.com/
Earth Angel
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2012 06:17 pm »

It doesn't, but you can infer with the convo they had

iKeep: Makorra | the Makorra hug & kiss in 112 | Makorra's final scene
PokemonLotty
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Swag.

« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2012 06:18 pm »

Oh, I thought they were just mad about losing. Tongue

EDIT: Just re-watched it. Well, now I feel stupid. I see now, they were definitely fighting earlier...that's why they're mojo was all off. Tongue
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012 06:21 pm by PokemonLotty » Logged

Follow me on tumblr! Smiley
http://sub-maureen.tumblr.com/
Eudaemon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Why must all of my favorite characters die?!

« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2012 06:26 pm »

You know what I thought was the most interesting part of the clip?

No, it wasn't the pro-bending awesomeness.

It wasn't the "...Girls..." remark and shipping undertones, either.

It was the fact Mako was knocked into a huge pool of water yet his hair still looked perfect.

And Bolin's was visibly messed up.

If Mako had shorter hair, I'd say he has that type of hair that dries quickly and poofs back up, but hm....I'm going with waterproof hairgel.

RIP Noatak. You were hot, but you were a psychopath.
I keep Bolin's green sash. Cheesy
TheTuninator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2012 06:28 pm »

I like the theory that this is the episode where Korra throws herself at Mako and maybe gets rejected, which leads Bolin to be angry at Mako. Seems really plausible as there's no way Masami will be over this quickly and Mako has no reason to be jealous of Bolin going after Korra.
Amina
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2012 06:32 pm »

I'm leaning more towards that theory myself. Honestly, I would not be able to buy Mako having hidden feelings for Korra at this point. But who knows.
TheTuninator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2012 06:33 pm »

Mako has reflected on the idea of Bolin "paying a house call" with zero jealousy whatsoever, so I would agree that I could not buy Mako secretly having feelings for Korra right now at all either.
Fleur du Feu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2012 06:35 pm »

TheTuninator's theory seems very plausible, Though I wonder how come Korra doesn't know she's caused a fight? or maybe she's just really good at ignoring stuff like that for the sake of the tournament.

Keeps "Ikkirupter",  Mako's moxie, Jinora and Ikki's on-board shipping & Korra's doorbusting definition of 'cautious'. Proud Maiko, Kataang, and Sukka shiper. Sig is by PonDeReplay
Solariz
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2012 06:38 pm »

But if the kiss is in this episode, that would seem so uncomfortably fast. Like...I don't buy it happening with-out there being some kind of build up. Mako and Korra are not even really friends at this point, imo. Then a kiss?? I'd be severely ticked off to see it play out of no where.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2012 06:40 pm »

^ agreed. That kiss BETTER not happen within the next 2 episodes. I hope Korra just happens to be wearing her parka more than once...

Mainly a lurker, but I come out of my shell once in a while...
Click on my Korra Nation page! http://sot.ag/Mzk1MDA4
Fleur du Feu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2012 06:40 pm »

I third this opinion.

gonewiththewind17
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Asami, the nonbending swagbender

« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2012 06:42 pm »

TheTuninator's theory seems very plausible, Though I wonder how come Korra doesn't know she's caused a fight? or maybe she's just really good at ignoring stuff like that for the sake of the tournament.

Good point. She's acting normally and Korra seems the type to be upset about rejection, so....I hopehopehope that it's not because of Korra kissing Mako. Maybe Bolin and Mako fight over Asami?

Also, the announcer says 'the Avatar has been out of the news for a while', so several weeks could've passed in T:LOK world.

“Until the day when God will deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is contained in these two words,—'Wait and hope.'”
 -Alexander Dumas, The Counte of Monte Cristo

Icon by Plushu Smiley
Solariz
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2012 06:42 pm »

Yeah, she wears the same outfit all the time...if it's cold she's going to wear the same darn parka in multiple episodes lol

KorraxParka?
zaphyrai
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

According to him, I'm beautiful, incredible!

« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2012 06:59 pm »

I have so much rage. I have yet to see this clip and it's driving me absolutely insane.

With that said, I honestly would not be surprised if Korra sprang the kiss on Mako. The girl challenged AMON to a one on one duel, you really think she would hesitate to kiss a guy she liked? But he has to give her a good reason. He has to say something or do something that sends the wrong message and makes her act, or come to the wrong conclusion. But she would NOT hesitate once she got that hint to approach him. I'm almost sure of it.

Whether it happens next epp...idk.

iKeep: Katara's laughter and Aang's air marbles ^_^
iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2012 07:06 pm »

Good point. She's acting normally and Korra seems the type to be upset about rejection, so....I hopehopehope that it's not because of Korra kissing Mako. Maybe Bolin and Mako fight over Asami?

If it is, I hope its not because Bolin likes her. Why would he be crushing on his brother's girlfriend all of a sudden?

Sigs are for the weak
Fleur du Feu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2012 07:08 pm »

That would be weird, especially since he was crushing on Korra in hte previous episodes.

Eudaemon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Why must all of my favorite characters die?!

« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2012 07:10 pm »

^ agreed. That kiss BETTER not happen within the next 2 episodes. I hope Korra just happens to be wearing her parka more than once...

I agree.

It could be that it is the equivalent of late October/November and it's gotten cold in Republic City, so Korra is wearing her parka from now on?

RIP Noatak. You were hot, but you were a psychopath.
I keep Bolin's green sash. Cheesy
Amina
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2012 07:14 pm »

We've seen most of the scenes from the trailers which is why I think the kiss is going to happen within the next 2 episodes. It'd just seem odd to randomly throw something in there from late in the season. Then again, they did remove that scene later...
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: