Mar 24, 2017 03:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 49 (20.3%)
9 - 41 (17%)
8 - 64 (26.6%)
7 - 36 (14.9%)
6 - 18 (7.5%)
5 - 11 (4.6%)
4 - 8 (3.3%)
3 - 4 (1.7%)
2 - 2 (0.8%)
1 - 8 (3.3%)
Total Voters: 241

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [105] The Spirit of Competition  (Read 51939 times)
Wordbender33
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2012 04:53 pm »

So do we move back to the regular threads?

Keeper of Zuko's "So when life gets hard, take a bite out of the silver sandwich!" speech and Mako's "The scarf stays" declaration. Lover of poetry and all things nerdy and worth obsessing over.
crazyanimefan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Love is hard when you're young. It gets better.

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2012 04:53 pm »

Here's my slightly more thought out post (well, better than fan spazzing).

First of all, BROLIN. We get to see the brothers interact, with their supposed rift and their dealing with girls (which I did not expect at all, actually), and we see that even despite their troubles they stick together. They can make it through because they care about one another and they're willing to work things out TOGETHER. UM, EXCUSE ME AS I DIE FROM THESE FEELINGS. Also, did you hear Mako shouting Bolin's name when he got hit? fjakld;fsaljkfsdfl.

Second of all, Korra's bending is amazing! She's improved so much, and I am so proud! Look at her flip and spin and dodge like a seasoned pro bender! And then that final shot- AMAZING! What a knockout! She shows her prowess in the ring, and now I can finally start believing that the brothers have a chance at winning this thing without having to rely on pushing the plot forward.

Avapony
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

You're gonna need some upgrades

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2012 04:55 pm »

It's not even on nick.com for me...I should probably wait another few minutes.

Wordbender33
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2012 04:56 pm »

^^ I know! And it looks like it was Mako's momentary distraction to make sure Bolin was alright that got him knocked off the platform...I love these boys.

It was also awesome to see how Korra's improving and can pull a hat-trick of her own.

Keeper of Zuko's "So when life gets hard, take a bite out of the silver sandwich!" speech and Mako's "The scarf stays" declaration. Lover of poetry and all things nerdy and worth obsessing over.
KrimzonStriker
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2012 05:01 pm »

Going by the order of this sequence, I figure Tahno's match must be right after this scene in order to determine if his team meets the Fire Ferrets in the Finals.
duckie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Kyoshi fan strikes again with the sig and avi :)

« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2012 05:02 pm »

Why is it that everytime I come back from work, there is one new clip or the other that everyone seems to be talking about and I don't have the slightest clue as to what's going on? Sad

So is it a spoiler or a legit clip since it's going to be on nick.com now?

Proud Zutarian till the end. Going down with the ship Cheesy

IROSAMI for life!
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2012 05:03 pm »

It's already on nick.com, so it must not be a leak.

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
Amina
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2012 05:04 pm »

The video isn't listed in the videos section despite the fact that it's clearly on Nick's site. Meaning people are accessing it before it's meant to be viewed just like with ep. 4 that's why we can't discuss it on the regular board.

Anyway, this video reassures me that any romance drama between the brothers will be handled with the grace it deserves. That was always my main concern about the Mako/Korra/Bolin triangle.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012 05:06 pm by Amina » Logged
neverXbroken
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2012 05:06 pm »

I kinda think it is a spoiler because no one can find it on Nick.com. Even though there is a direct link to it from Nick.com, the video does not work. And the only people who have seen it people from tumblr.

aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2012 05:06 pm »

It has an actual link though: http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/legend-of-korra-105-pro-bending-excellence-clip.html

People found the 4th episode by digging into the files.

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
something_or_other
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2012 05:08 pm »

Yeah, I just found it by Googling "spirit of competition clip korra" and I got that direct nick.com link. I don't think it counts as a spoiler.
AirbenderNK
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2012 05:13 pm »

Wow... just saw the clip and it looks awesome. It seems Korra has really gotten the hang of things. Also, there had to have been something big happen before this because it seems the brothers were fighting, most likely about Korra/Asami. If we thought shippers went crazy over episode 4.... episode 5 is going to be total chaos.
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2012 05:13 pm »

Well, since the clip is on Nick.com now, I guess it doesn't count as a spoiler anymore. Even though it's not yet listed on the website, and has to be accessed by direct link...

We can keep this thread opened in case the whole episode leaks later in the week. I hope it doesn't, but given the track record so far, you never know.

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
duckie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2012 05:20 pm »

It has an actual link though: http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/legend-of-korra-105-pro-bending-excellence-clip.html

People found the 4th episode by digging into the files.

This link is not working.

IROSAMI for life!
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2012 05:22 pm »

That's weird it's working for me...

purpleeternaldoom
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2012 05:23 pm »

And it just started working for me five minutes ago...

What am I doing here? Monitoring everything. And I probably forgot to smile. Wait, scratch that, I definitely forgot to smile.
duckie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2012 05:25 pm »

What?! Aaargh! It's still not working for me! Sad

Oh well... from the discussions so far, it seems like Korra is becoming quite a proficient pro bender. So maybe they have a fighting chance of winning the championship now.

IROSAMI for life!
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2012 05:26 pm »

^Yeah from the looks of it they may, though I think Amon will interrupt it.

neverXbroken
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2012 05:26 pm »

It's still not working for me. Tongue

Either way, I saw it and I didn't catch the "augh, girls" part. I wonder what they were talking about.

LeafInTheWind
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

My polarbeardog's smarter than your honour student

« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2012 05:44 pm »

You know what I thought was the most interesting part of the clip?

No, it wasn't the pro-bending awesomeness.

It wasn't the "...Girls..." remark and shipping undertones, either.

It was the fact Mako was knocked into a huge pool of water yet his hair still looked perfect.
Avapony
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

You're gonna need some upgrades

« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2012 05:45 pm »

Not working for me either...rrrgh!

KrimzonStriker
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2012 05:49 pm »

^^That be some strong gel there.... did they even have gel in the 1920's?  Undecided

Edit: Oh wait, forgot we saw them use it in episode 4 to being with  Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012 05:51 pm by KrimzonStriker » Logged
Fleur du Feu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avi by EndlessFlame55 resized by puddlesandmistake

« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2012 05:49 pm »

It doesn't work for me either!

Keeps "Ikkirupter",  Mako's moxie, Jinora and Ikki's on-board shipping & Korra's doorbusting definition of 'cautious'. Proud Maiko, Kataang, and Sukka shiper. Sig is by PonDeReplay
luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2012 05:52 pm »

There is a spoiler pic going around showing Mako getting electrocuted in the water at the bottom of the ring, don't know if they're real or not but damn. He looks to be in alot of pain (given that he's in water being electrocuted).
purpleeternaldoom
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2012 05:53 pm »

^I'm pretty sure that was from a trailer.

What am I doing here? Monitoring everything. And I probably forgot to smile. Wait, scratch that, I definitely forgot to smile.
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: