Oct 18, 2017 08:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Man Behind The Mask  (Read 17091 times)
Raika
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Luke, I am your contrived, overused plot device.

« Reply #25 on: Apr 25, 2012 06:05 pm »

It looks like a legit screencap to me, but methinks it's from some sort of dream sequence. It doesn't make any sense otherwise.

~Refuse to break, refuse to bend.~
~I'll be the one left standing at the end.~
My Korra Nation; wanna help me out?: http://sot.ag/NDI5MzIw/
Smellerbee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Freedom Fighter

« Reply #26 on: Apr 25, 2012 06:08 pm »

If this anonymous person doesn't have a source, then I refuse to believe it's real. Plus, several people have broken the picture down and it looks like they took it from a screenshot of Tenzin, a shot of Amon's mask and the Republic City skyline where the probending arena is. I think it's just someone with master Photoshop skills.

Triplets with RomoineRawr and Dorky
lycheejuice
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #27 on: Apr 25, 2012 06:13 pm »

I say real but a dream sequence. It's too good to be fake, but there's no way Aang is alive.  Or as I believe some other people started to come up with on tumblr: Aang had a mask like that while he was alive but wasn't using it for anti-bender revolutions. So maybe it's a flashback. Maybe.
tlmonster
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #28 on: Apr 25, 2012 06:45 pm »

If it's real, it's probably a flashback to Aang giving Amon that mask. Who knows though.
Lavanya Six
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #29 on: Apr 25, 2012 08:01 pm »

I say real but a dream sequence. It's too good to be fake, but there's no way Aang is alive.  Or as I believe some other people started to come up with on tumblr: Aang had a mask like that while he was alive but wasn't using it for anti-bender revolutions. So maybe it's a flashback. Maybe.

Rational theory: It's a faaaaaaake. "I'm your father" -- seriously? Even Mike and Bryan at their worst aren't that on the nose with their references.

Baseless theory: It's an elderly Aang in the last stages of rapidly declining healthy, taking with Amon, one of the non-bender Air Acolytes studying on Air Temple Island. Aang was like a father to Amon, but then, after his death, the prodigal son Tenzin comes home to run the temple, pushing Amon aside.
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #30 on: Apr 25, 2012 08:08 pm »

Baseless theory: It's an elderly Aang in the last stages of rapidly declining healthy, taking with Amon, one of the non-bender Air Acolytes studying on Air Temple Island. Aang was like a father to Amon, but then, after his death, the prodigal son Tenzin comes home to run the temple, pushing Amon aside.
I actually like this theory the best out of every other wild thing out there.

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
Lavanya Six
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #31 on: Apr 25, 2012 08:36 pm »

I found a pretty thorough debunking of this so-called leak. Can I post a link to it? It's got images.
Ms.WW
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #32 on: Apr 25, 2012 09:26 pm »

Idk about the link, but maybe you could tell us the name of the tumblr account? (I assume it's tumblr.)

My keeps: Korra & Tenzin's relationship, Tenzin's air wheel, Tenzin's locket of Guru Laghima, Tenzin's lecture on Monk Tang Xu's historic fast
Ravenous215
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #33 on: Apr 25, 2012 09:34 pm »

Man this pic is way to good to be fake. We got a second leaker out there.
nukilik
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I tried!

« Reply #34 on: Apr 25, 2012 09:42 pm »

About the man being Aang. Doesn't that guy look a little too old to be 66? I mean if it's a flashback he should probably look younger...no? HE didn't evel live to be that old.

Plus, age aside... it doesn't look like Aang to me.
Lavanya Six
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #35 on: Apr 25, 2012 10:13 pm »

Idk about the link, but maybe you could tell us the name of the tumblr account? (I assume it's tumblr.)

The account is "likeablenonsense."
iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #36 on: Apr 25, 2012 10:16 pm »

Its not that hard to photoshop a new face on an existing one. It just takes some good photoshopping skills. (I just saw a pretty good YJ fake picture...)

I think its eother fake, or a dream sequence.

Sigs are for the weak
NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #37 on: Apr 25, 2012 10:40 pm »

The account is "likeablenonsense."

That's not a very trust-inspiring name.

Ms.WW
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #38 on: Apr 25, 2012 10:48 pm »

Oh, wow! Yeah, that totally looks photoshopped now. The images line up too perfectly.

Also, look at the mask in the "leaked" image. The shading is all wrong. The grayish-green is too dark and the lines on the mask are suppose to be red, not black.
« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2012 10:52 pm by Ms.WW » Logged

My keeps: Korra & Tenzin's relationship, Tenzin's air wheel, Tenzin's locket of Guru Laghima, Tenzin's lecture on Monk Tang Xu's historic fast
luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #39 on: Apr 26, 2012 12:43 am »

I don't know if it's photoshopped, but if that is supposed to be Aang, he aged terribly. I guess they weren't kidding about his death being brought on by burning up all of his energy by being in the iceburg for so long.
SS7
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #40 on: Apr 26, 2012 12:55 am »

A well orchestrated fan troll.
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2012 02:17 am by SS7 » Logged

So good to be back. Word of advice to people who don't want to get unfairly banned. Never jokingly post a FAKE website when referring to watching Avatar episodes.
Never realized www.Watchillegalavatarepisodes.net was such a threat to Viacom.
Earth Angel
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #41 on: Apr 26, 2012 12:56 am »

I can't believe people thought it was real. C'mon guys. I just glanced at it and busted out laughing. It looks SO fake Tongue

iKeep: Makorra | the Makorra hug & kiss in 112 | Makorra's final scene
autuymnrain
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #42 on: Apr 26, 2012 02:30 am »

If those spoilers hold true, I think another speculation can be that it's a set-up of sorts by Amon? Possibly leading Korra and the special task force to believe they've taken down Amon only for it to later be revealed that that's just all part of his plan to mess with her mind?
iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #43 on: Apr 26, 2012 02:47 am »

Pretty positive its fake.

Sigs are for the weak
Smellerbee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Freedom Fighter

« Reply #44 on: Apr 26, 2012 07:58 am »

It's fake. If it does turn out to be a dream sequence or a flashback, I'll eat my foot.

Mowie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

^ I can relate.

« Reply #45 on: Apr 26, 2012 09:04 am »

I don't know if it's photoshopped, but if that is supposed to be Aang, he aged terribly. I guess they weren't kidding about his death being brought on by burning up all of his energy by being in the iceburg for so long.

Those were my thoughts exactly. I will be VERY disappoint if Aang looks anything like that. Yikes. There goes my vote for spirit!Aang Wink

I keep: Tenzin's dramatic cape movements, Pema's motherly love, and Piandao's love of the arts.
daventry
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #46 on: Apr 26, 2012 09:30 am »

I found the Picture, could it be Bumi
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2012 09:37 am by daventry » Logged
Luna
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ah, the sound of dying.

« Reply #47 on: Apr 26, 2012 07:29 pm »

Bumi as in Aang's son or Bumi the crazy King?

I say no on both, honestly.
King Bumi would be long gone by this point.
And Kataang Bumi has no reason to hate benders that much.  He has Uncle Sokka and Aunt Suki.
Even Zuko could teach him a few things about swords, and there's always Mai with her knives.

When I saw the picture, I laughed so hard before my class. It was hilarious.

It's a classic sig that I can never let go of|I still keep my keeps :]|♥♥♥ Kuzai ♥ Urzai ♥♥♥|President of the Azulon Fan Club|
NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #48 on: Apr 26, 2012 07:31 pm »

^ I wish Aang and Katara had been a little more original with the names. It's annoying to always have to talk about Bumi I and Bumi II. -_-

Smellerbee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Freedom Fighter

« Reply #49 on: Apr 26, 2012 07:31 pm »

BOTH Bumis look nothing like that...

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: