Mar 24, 2017 05:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Man Behind The Mask  (Read 16320 times)
Eudaemon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Why must all of my favorite characters die?!

« on: Apr 25, 2012 12:05 pm »

I have no idea how someone got ahold of it, but there is a picture floating around tumblr that appears to be a picture of a man holding Amon's mask as if he is removing it. There is Arabic subtitles, but I have no idea what they say.

He is an airbender with the arrow tattoos, probably around 60-70 years old. He looks kind of homely, with a tooth missing and disheveled white hair.

This would explain Amon's quick movements and agility....but Aang was the last airbender? Also, it's not Bumi and it's definitely not Tenzin. Also, his expression is more shock and awe and less like he was forced to remove his mask. He looks way too nice to be a bad guy. I would say it's some other guy holding the mask, but he is wearing Amon's clothes.

So, what if spiritbending is a subskill of airbending, since they are the most spiritual?

RIP Noatak. You were hot, but you were a psychopath.
I keep Bolin's green sash. Cheesy
Zuko-Fan-Girl
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

bi-demi-sexual demigirl

« Reply #1 on: Apr 25, 2012 12:07 pm »

/co/ found this to be fake, I believe.

[hissing]
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #2 on: Apr 25, 2012 12:11 pm »

I can't seem to find it, but I'm sure it's fake. It wouldn't make any sense for him to be an Airbender.

Spirit/Energybending is not a sub skill of Airbending.

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
Noirsam
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #3 on: Apr 25, 2012 12:27 pm »

Given that the picture (That I have seen). came out on the web by an anonymous troll that is posting it in others avatars fans ask me anything. (That's how I got it)

I'm pretty sure that it is a fake picture.

Sig made by Dorky.
neverXbroken
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #4 on: Apr 25, 2012 12:43 pm »

Spiritbending is not a sub skill of air bending.

And considering what you just said, "Arabic subtitles", it sounds incredibly fake.
---
Saw the picture and it is fake. His eyes do not match what we've seen, the drawing of the character is not right either. It just reeks of photoshop.
« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2012 12:53 pm by neverXbroken » Logged

Eudaemon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5 on: Apr 25, 2012 01:12 pm »

It's a fake?

Never mind then. Did not know. But hey, the art is pretty good.

OrangeBlitz
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

What's for dinner tonight, Puff Mama? CHILI?!

« Reply #6 on: Apr 25, 2012 01:15 pm »

Supposedly the subtitles say, "I am your father."

Who knows? Maybe it's Aang. Tongue
Runamuck
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: Apr 25, 2012 01:28 pm »

I have seen the picture, and if that is the real face of Amon I will have a hard time taking him serious.
A fire bender took my face….
Adam Savage: “Am I missing an eyebrow?”
Eudaemon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8 on: Apr 25, 2012 01:33 pm »

Supposedly the subtitles say, "I am your father."

Who knows? Maybe it's Aang. Tongue

LOL Amon is Aang.
He didn't really die, he just somehow gave up his Avatar powers and Korra got them.

I am--of course--joking.

LadyKim
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Hold up, wait a minute, put a little love in it~

« Reply #9 on: Apr 25, 2012 02:38 pm »

Aang found his way out of the Spirit World. That guy on the picture is actualy spirit aang. lol.

Cause I can look into the future.

Spartak
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

« Reply #10 on: Apr 25, 2012 02:48 pm »

Looking at the pic right now; it's a little hard to tell, but he looks like he may have a burn scar on the left side of his face (or it might just be shading). It does look reasonably-good, but  it could just be a well-done composite.

He does have really big ears, though.

Argh.

Until further evidence is forthcoming, Imma say "Fake".

Keeper of Azula's Lightning Hands.

Super Sidera Votum

"BATHE IN THEIR BLOOD, KORRA."

~Assyrian tablet, c.2800 BC
Ms.WW
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #11 on: Apr 25, 2012 03:02 pm »

Someone on tumblr pointed out the subtitle and a theory to go with it. It seems like something M&B would do...

"Okay, so allegedly our ‘man-behind-the-mask-spoiler-picture’ is a leak from an upcoming episode called ‘skeletons in the closet’. Apparently our Korra-friends will each have a nightmare with this being in Tenzin’s one.
Hence the “I am your father” subtitle in Arabic (I asked a friend of mine to translate it). If this is true, it’d be very interesting to know as to why there is an Arabic subtitle…
However, I still ask you to take this with a grain of salt since it has not been confirmed yet."

I like this theory, mostly because we would get to see Tenzin's subconscious. I'm all about Tenzin!

My keeps: Korra & Tenzin's relationship, Tenzin's air wheel, Tenzin's locket of Guru Laghima, Tenzin's lecture on Monk Tang Xu's historic fast
Jeanette
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Facepalm!

« Reply #12 on: Apr 25, 2012 03:22 pm »

I think it could be just Tenzin dreaming all of this. It can't be that its Aang. He's supposed to be die so Korra can be the next avatar and also why would he want to take bending in the first place?

NicoSchmiko
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #13 on: Apr 25, 2012 03:25 pm »

^I like the theory too, and it makes the most sense if this picture ends up to be real. It also might reveal something about the past that Tenzin is hiding.

Or the picture is fake.

gonewiththewind17
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Asami, the nonbending swagbender

« Reply #14 on: Apr 25, 2012 03:31 pm »

It could be a dream sequence? Tenzin could be freaking out about everything and think that it's his dad, because he thinks only the Avatar can energybend? I dunno though, the caption, "I am your father" makes it seem very troll-y.

“Until the day when God will deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is contained in these two words,—'Wait and hope.'”
 -Alexander Dumas, The Counte of Monte Cristo

Icon by Plushu Smiley
Noirsam
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #15 on: Apr 25, 2012 03:44 pm »

I dunno though, the caption, "I am your father" makes it seem very troll-y.

Actually it is "Your father I am".

It is a misspelling.

Sig made by Dorky.
Venom Wolf
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #16 on: Apr 25, 2012 04:29 pm »

Someone on tumblr pointed out the subtitle and a theory to go with it. It seems like something M&B would do...

"Okay, so allegedly our ‘man-behind-the-mask-spoiler-picture’ is a leak from an upcoming episode called ‘skeletons in the closet’. Apparently our Korra-friends will each have a nightmare with this being in Tenzin’s one.
Hence the “I am your father” subtitle in Arabic (I asked a friend of mine to translate it). If this is true, it’d be very interesting to know as to why there is an Arabic subtitle…
However, I still ask you to take this with a grain of salt since it has not been confirmed yet."

I like this theory, mostly because we would get to see Tenzin's subconscious. I'm all about Tenzin!

I came across that image by accident on Tumblr. It wasn't tagged as spoilers or placed under a cut. I assumed it was Amon in Korra's nightmare and was surprised people really thought Amon could be Aang. That's impossible.  I like the Tenizin theory though!
« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2012 05:34 pm by Venom Wolf » Logged

somethingmysterious
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Christmas present from tokotothe end. Thanks ;)

« Reply #17 on: Apr 25, 2012 05:28 pm »

Can I post the pic here? Seems appropriate.

Keepin: EIP Iroh's "Prince Zuko, you must try this cake", Aang's death in 220, Azula's widow's peak and Zuko's widow's peak

To do: Change avvi and sig...
PokemonLotty
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Swag.

« Reply #18 on: Apr 25, 2012 05:32 pm »

I saw the pic. It looks pretty legit if you ask me, not saying it is, but I'll give whoever made it props if it is fake. I bet it's the winx forums again, purposely releasing a pic to cause a viral uproar among the fandom. I support the "dream" theory, actually. It's either a dream or fake. Either or.

Follow me on tumblr! Smiley
http://sub-maureen.tumblr.com/
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #19 on: Apr 25, 2012 05:35 pm »

Can I post the pic here? Seems appropriate.

No. If it's real then that means it's a leak, and if it's a leak then no pictures of it are allowed here.

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
NicoSchmiko
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #20 on: Apr 25, 2012 05:40 pm »

Here's: ~snip~  I don't doubt that this is a good link, but I *just* said to not post pictures of the alleged leak here. That link includes pictures, therefore it's not allowed. ~SMBH

a good link explaining why the picture may be fake. Caution: contains the 'spoiler' proceed with caution.
« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2012 05:48 pm by SMBH » Logged

Smellerbee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Freedom Fighter

« Reply #21 on: Apr 25, 2012 05:50 pm »

It's a fake. A pretty good one though.

Triplets with RomoineRawr and Dorky
PrincessBlazefire
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Genji got NO chill

« Reply #22 on: Apr 25, 2012 05:52 pm »

Saw the pic. I don't think it's fake. It looks too much like the actual animation of the show to be fake. However, I DON'T think that it's actually Amon. I'm gonna go with the whole dream thing. Especially if the words underneath actually do say "I am your father". I just..... I REFUSE to believe that's actually Amon. It can't be. And if it is, I will be very disappointed >.<

nahgem
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #23 on: Apr 25, 2012 06:01 pm »

If the pic is real and that is Old Man!Aang, I'm going to assume it's a Nightmares and Daydreams-type scenario. It's the only thing that makes sense. Plus, that's the sort of scenario where they could get away with the "I am your father" reference.
PokemonLotty
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Swag.

« Reply #24 on: Apr 25, 2012 06:03 pm »

I don't think it's Amon either, but it looked too legit to be a photoshopped or some fixed up fanart. It matches the show's animation too well. No one's that good, and if they are, they don't waste their time on pranks like this, they're too busy with their computer graphics job. Tongue

Follow me on tumblr! Smiley
http://sub-maureen.tumblr.com/
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: