Aug 18, 2017 06:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: San Diego Comic Con 2012  (Read 89909 times)
Boilinfangirl
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1600 on: Jul 17, 2012 02:16 pm »

I know but that kinda means we won't see zuko or anything to do with ATLA

Could get a flashback of him at least, nothing too big. I mean season 1 we got plenty of those.

Banner made by guitarfreak, thank you your the best!
Big Bolin fan already yesXD
Will ship him wit
luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1601 on: Jul 17, 2012 02:16 pm »

There will be 40 new episodes, he'll most likely show up sooner or later. If the website about him being an ambassador travelling the world is correct, he can meet up with them anywhere.
duckie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Kyoshi fan strikes again with the sig and avi :)

« Reply #1602 on: Jul 17, 2012 04:10 pm »

Ya, I definitely expect him to show up sooner or later.

Proud Zutarian till the end. Going down with the ship Cheesy

IROSAMI for life!
Old School
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1603 on: Jul 17, 2012 06:34 pm »

How do you figure?
PokemonLotty
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Swag.

« Reply #1604 on: Jul 17, 2012 06:38 pm »

We got an entire flashback story of the gaang, saw statues, Katara is alive and we've seen her twice, Aang showed up, we saw a lot of their kids and grandkids, and Zuko has been confirmed alive and is an ambassador to peace who travels around. He's going to show up at some point otherwise he'd be dead. Plus, it must be at some point because I really don't think Bryke let Nick.com in on all these secrets about what Zuko's up to, they got it from the show most likely.

Follow me on tumblr! Smiley
http://sub-maureen.tumblr.com/
Exiled Prince
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Save me, Studio Mir...

« Reply #1605 on: Jul 17, 2012 07:28 pm »

^Bryke loves trolling us about Zuko. Luckily we got to find out how he was as an adult.
OMG, imagine if Zuko were to die in the middle of the series? Cry

iKeep Sokka\'s quote:\"This is the kind of wacky time wasting nonsense I\'ve been missing!\"
Sig Wanted
Fullmetal
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1606 on: Jul 17, 2012 07:59 pm »

qoute http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/07/16/the-legend-of-korra-cast-creators-interview-sdcc-2012

CA: When you moved from doing The Last Airbender to Legend of Korra, did you feel like there was any pressure from fans, or even from yourselves, to tie them in more? You've got Toph's daughter and Aang's kids, but did you ever want to go any closer to that first series?

MD: Not really. Actually, that's why we came back to do this. Nickelodeon was like "Hey, do you want to make something new in the Avatar world? As long as there's bending and it's Avatar, that's cool." So we didn't have to retread the characters or anything. Any pressure was just on ourselves to make a really cool show, and make sure it was better than the old series, that the art was better and the stories were better. But we were never like "Everything's got to tie in together!" We wanted to draw from the old series and definitely make it feel familiar and everything.

this deeply troubles me

Could get a flashback of him at least, nothing too big. I mean season 1 we got plenty of those.

yeah but since they did this interview after season one i think this goes into effect now

How do you figure?

because they don't want anything to do with the old series so they aren't gonna do any flashbacks unless thier needed for the plot

so were not gonna get a long flashback like Roku got
Apex
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ASN's Hiei

« Reply #1607 on: Jul 17, 2012 08:07 pm »

this deeply troubles me

Why? They said so many times that they weren't interested in a Book 4 of ATLA. This is just repeating that TLOK is its own story.
Honestly, I would have much preferred a Book 4 in ATLA than moving on to LOK. I love LOK, but it hardly compares to ATLA. They could have done a Book 4 Spirits for ATLA. I felt like there was still a lot of story left to tell and many loose ends in ATLA instead of completely moving on to another Avatar. If I were Bryke, I would have milked the original characters as much as possible.

Old School
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1608 on: Jul 17, 2012 08:17 pm »

yeah but since they did this interview after season one i think this goes into effect now

No I'm pretty sure they were referring to LoK as a whole.

this deeply troubles me

Why? They said so many times that they weren't interested in a Book 4 of ATLA. This is just repeating that TLOK is its own story.
Honestly, I would have much preferred a Book 4 in ATLA than moving on to LOK. I love LOK, but it hardly compares to ATLA. They could have done a Book 4 Spirits for ATLA. I felt like there was still a lot of story left to tell and many loose ends in ATLA instead of completely moving on to another Avatar. If I were Bryke, I would have milked the original characters as much as possible.

You know what else would've hardly compared to ATLA?

A book 4 of ATLA.

Without the same writing staff and inspiration that drove ATLA, any new series involving the old characters would've felt unnecessarily tacked on.
Water Chief
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Chief of the water tribe

« Reply #1609 on: Jul 17, 2012 08:32 pm »

this deeply troubles me

In a way I thought like that too. I mean they are willing to make up different arcs for LOK and pretty much milk it with 4 different storylines, with characters that are still really new to us. What would be THAT extremely bad about having something like book 4 spirits in Atla? I mean sure Atla's story was over. But continuing it on wouldn't of necessarily destroyed it if it was done it a right way. I mean hypothetically if the same staff from Book 2: Earth was there to handle it directly afterwards book 3 it could of turned out well. But yeah...it would take away from the "series" finale, making it of course not a series finale. Unless they could consider it a different series with an entirely different arc...

I guess the only reason that I'm feeling like this is that I would of thought it would be really cool to see Aang fight spirits like Korra gets to. I mean even with Hai bai, Aang didn't really fight him. But yes before I get attacked I know things have moved on. Still though the mention of a book 4 spirits for Atla just sounds interesting to me, especially with the characters we're already pretty much attached to.

Selofain
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I am a worm on a cloud.

« Reply #1610 on: Jul 17, 2012 09:59 pm »

So now that SDCC is over and con goers are back home, has a hi-res scan of the friends posters popped up anywhere yet?

Keeper of Old Ba Sing Se and Piandao's sword mastery
blorgy555
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1611 on: Jul 17, 2012 10:02 pm »

I don't think that Book 4 would have been a good idea, simply because that story was finished. Over. It did what it had to do (and so much more). I never hear and Harold Bloom or any other Bardolaters saying that they wish there was a "Hamlet 2: Revenge of the Fallen".
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #1612 on: Jul 17, 2012 10:24 pm »

this deeply troubles me

I'm troubled that they thought they were making the story better. I prefer character-driven stories, but it seems that the Mike and the Bryan hold plot-driven stories in higher regard.

nukilik
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I tried!

« Reply #1613 on: Jul 17, 2012 10:39 pm »

In a way I thought like that too. I mean they are willing to make up different arcs for LOK and pretty much milk it with 4 different storylines, with characters that are still really new to us. What would be THAT extremely bad about having something like book 4 spirits in Atla? I mean sure Atla's story was over. But continuing it on wouldn't of necessarily destroyed it if it was done it a right way. I mean hypothetically if the same staff from Book 2: Earth was there to handle it directly afterwards book 3 it could of turned out well. But yeah...it would take away from the "series" finale, making it of course not a series finale. Unless they could consider it a different series with an entirely different arc...

I guess the only reason that I'm feeling like this is that I would of thought it would be really cool to see Aang fight spirits like Korra gets to. I mean even with Hai bai, Aang didn't really fight him. But yes before I get attacked I know things have moved on. Still though the mention of a book 4 spirits for Atla just sounds interesting to me, especially with the characters we're already pretty much attached to.

Ya know? This crossed my mind too. As anti-sequel as I am, I totally understand what you're saying.
ViridianIV
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1614 on: Jul 19, 2012 12:03 am »

this deeply troubles me

Is that what we really want to see though?  The Original characters milked to the point they no longer resembled the characters we loved but were instead hollowed out caricatures who ran out of stories to be told about... but kept on trucking anyway just so the makers could make a quick extra buck?  Endings paint a good portion of the populace's minds on an experience.  If Avatar hadn't ended with strong character representations, the only thing we would remember now would be the over devolved, crap cash cow incarnation that the series petered out with.
« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2012 10:16 pm by ViridianIV » Logged

\"That woman is my hero.\"
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #1615 on: Jul 19, 2012 06:23 pm »

Aye, if it's a choice between having the LoK storytelling standards applied to the gAang, or getting lame stuff like Korra, I'll take Korra any day of the week.

Of course, we can actually get the worst of both worlds, because the comics are ruining the gAang without even giving us nice action scenes and a moving plot. Tongue

nukilik
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I tried!

« Reply #1616 on: Jul 19, 2012 06:27 pm »

Is that what we really want to see though?  The Original characters milked to the point they no longer resembled the characters we loved but were instead hollowed out characterizes who ran out of stories to be told about... but kept on trucking anyway just so the makers could make a quick extra buck?  Endings paint a good portion of the populace's minds on an experience.  If Avatar hadn't ended with strong character representations, the only thing we would remember now would be the devolved, crap cash cow incarnation that the series petered out with.

#Why I never wanted a book 4

Of course, we can actually get the worst of both worlds, because the comics are ruining the gAang without even giving us nice action scenes and a moving plot. Tongue

Thank goodness they aren't canon in my heart Smiley
Boilinfangirl
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1617 on: Jul 19, 2012 06:36 pm »

There will be 40 new episodes, he'll most likely show up sooner or later. If the website about him being an ambassador travelling the world is correct, he can meet up with them anywhere.

*Sigh* If only Sokka was a live, why of all characters did they have to kill him? *Cries* He could appear as an old funny man. Did he even have kids?

I wish I could peak into the writers minds and see what they have planned in the future for the series.

Banner made by guitarfreak, thank you your the best!
Big Bolin fan already yesXD
Will ship him wit
Selofain
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I am a worm on a cloud.

« Reply #1618 on: Jul 19, 2012 06:45 pm »

So now that SDCC is over and con goers are back home, has a hi-res scan of the friends posters popped up anywhere yet?

So I went and found them myself.

Old Friends, no logo
New Friends, no logo
Old Friends, hi-res
New Friends, hi-res

Credit goes to some lovely people on reddit.

Keeper of Old Ba Sing Se and Piandao's sword mastery
Avapony
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

You're gonna need some upgrades

« Reply #1619 on: Jul 19, 2012 06:52 pm »

Eeeek! Thank you so much!! Cheesy

The no logo posters are now my iPad backgrounds!

NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #1620 on: Jul 19, 2012 08:36 pm »

Old Friends, no logo
New Friends, no logo
Old Friends, hi-res
New Friends, hi-res

*saves pics and sends PM to herself to keep the links at hand*

I only just noticed the background is different. So that's where RC is?

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1621 on: Jul 19, 2012 09:03 pm »

Old Friends, no logo
New Friends, no logo
Old Friends, hi-res
New Friends, hi-res

Thank you very much!

I'm using one as my wallpaper already, thanks again.

Fullmetal
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1622 on: Jul 19, 2012 09:23 pm »

Old Friends, no logo
New Friends, no logo
Old Friends, hi-res
New Friends, hi-res

thats was my expression when I saw this post
Exiled Prince
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Save me, Studio Mir...

« Reply #1623 on: Jul 19, 2012 11:06 pm »

Old Friends, no logo
New Friends, no logo
Old Friends, hi-res
New Friends, hi-res

Wooo! Thank you!

iKeep Sokka\'s quote:\"This is the kind of wacky time wasting nonsense I\'ve been missing!\"
Sig Wanted
nahgem
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1624 on: Jul 20, 2012 11:26 am »

Glorious! I know what my new laptop backgrounds are. Thanks!
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: