Aug 23, 2017 09:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 93 (42.7%)
9 - 63 (28.9%)
8 - 44 (20.2%)
7 - 12 (5.5%)
6 - 2 (0.9%)
5 - 1 (0.5%)
4 - 1 (0.5%)
3 - 0 (0%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 2 (0.9%)
Total Voters: 218

Pages: « previous page   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [104] The Voice in the Night  (Read 61378 times)
BlackPanther1012
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #975 on: May 29, 2012 08:41 pm »

Christian families do the same thing.

So do some Buddhists. Which, you know, the Air Nomads are based on.

I know. I'm just saying.

^ Do you think Bryke want to be taken off air?

Why would they be taken off air?

What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.
--Philipians 4:9
Boilingwatergirl
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The raging Bloodbender.

« Reply #976 on: May 31, 2012 03:23 pm »

^ Sorry, that was exaggerating a little, just that I've seen some... extreme reactions to certain shows by some christians. I'm sure other religions may have these reactions, I just seem to be around christians more often. Korra would be safe with it's crazymultimillionviewings, even from the most extreme hater. Not implying that all christians would be like that, not trying to spark a war!

THANK YOU guitarfreak for the amazing sig.
Keeper of Noatok defending Tarrlok and Tarrloks' "Put an end to this sad story"
TheFirstAvatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

FRIENDLY MUSHROOM

« Reply #977 on: May 31, 2012 03:40 pm »

Yeah. Some people can be oversensitive. :/

He's watching you...

I keep the hidden records of all Avatar names and tribes and Korra's buttcape. :3
TheLastAvatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #978 on: Jun 17, 2012 12:09 am »

So...  TheFirstAvatar...  At last we meet.  Wink

BlackPanther1012
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #979 on: Jun 17, 2012 12:23 am »

So...  TheFirstAvatar...  At last we meet.  Wink

Shocked

Wow...

I can't believe I have the oppurtunity to witness such a meeting...

What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.
--Philipians 4:9
proudinfidel
On Probation
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee Cleavage Rules!!

« Reply #980 on: Jun 17, 2012 12:45 am »

Seems to me that Bryke pulls from a lot of different religions and kind of smooshes them all together.  I'm glad they included the prayer scene, no matter what tradition its pulled from.   Grin

The only reason I can see for it being taken off the air is due to some extreme reaction by the ACLU...but most Americans don't give a Bison's Bunghole what they think anyway... Wink
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #981 on: Jun 17, 2012 12:47 am »

The only reason I can see for it being taken off the air is due to some extreme reaction by the ACLU...but most Americans don't give a Bison's Bunghole what they think anyway... Wink

Why would the ACLU have an extreme reaction? On the contrary, extreme right-wing conservatives are the ones who tend to freak out over things like Avatar. I kinda remember how a few years ago there was an article posted in some website about how people shouldn't let their children watch ATLA because it was the work of the devil or something. (Heh, yup, found it, apparently a website that was run by Focus on the Family.)

But meh, this is all irrelevant to the episode.
« Last Edit: Jun 17, 2012 01:02 am by SMBH » Logged

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
proudinfidel
On Probation
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee Cleavage Rules!!

« Reply #982 on: Jun 17, 2012 06:29 am »

I know which Christians you're talking about and believe me they don't represent the Christian population or the right wing. They have the "mama-says" syndrome(from The Waterboy), in which they think EVERYTHING is the devil. I'm Christian and I think these people are nuts.    Tongue

The only reason I pointed out the ACLU is because they like to get on the "no prayer" bandwagon a lot.

And YES, tis irrelevant, so lets move on... Grin
« Last Edit: Jun 17, 2012 09:54 am by proudinfidel » Logged
Water Chief
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Chief of the water tribe

« Reply #983 on: Jun 27, 2012 04:08 pm »

I still don't get what was Amon's plan for Korra in which they would get a duel. It never happened.
drhorrible61
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I am the first Jinora fan.

« Reply #984 on: Jun 29, 2012 09:34 am »

He didn't really need to have one with her.  He needed to take her bending, but had to do it when his plan was pretty much done.  True he'd be best off doing it in public to truly establish his power for the masses.

momo_toph26
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Meelo and his potato head

« Reply #985 on: Jun 29, 2012 10:21 pm »

It wouldn't have mattered anyway. Korra would have gone into the Avatar State with or without bending.

Sig by arasam22
Lightningbend
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #986 on: Jun 30, 2012 10:06 am »

OH GOD! FOR THE FIRST TIME IN TWO MONTHS I HAVE NOTHING TO WATCH IN THE MORNING AT 10AM WHEN I WAKE UP!!!!! Cry

my life is incomplete. it...i...have no more meaning in it anymore. Sad *SIGH*

Legend of Korra, Nickelodeon's redheaded step-child.
munchydino12
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Dreams of Earth and Fire

« Reply #987 on: Jun 30, 2012 08:35 pm »

OH GOD! FOR THE FIRST TIME IN TWO MONTHS I HAVE NOTHING TO WATCH IN THE MORNING AT 10AM WHEN I WAKE UP!!!!! Cry

my life is incomplete. it...i...have no more meaning in it anymore. Sad *SIGH*

try watching Motorcity, Tron Uprising, etc. They're pretty good.

ALTA_FAN
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yes, I am an Avatar Last the Airbender fan.

« Reply #988 on: Jan 01, 2013 11:02 pm »

Re-watching series. Noticed this;

At the gala for Avatar Korra, Tarrlok takes korra to meet prominent people. The first is Hiroshi Sato, who tells her he expects great things from her. Then, Lin is introduced, and she makes korra feel bad for "not deserving" the attention and praise that is being showered upon her.

Why does this matter?

because tarrlok knew they would say stuff like this, to make her feel guilty and agree to be on his task force

not that huge of a revelation... but further proof that tarrlok is a sneaky bastard lol

King Kazma
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

~~KSRF~~

« Reply #989 on: Jan 01, 2013 11:13 pm »

^ He also managed to get her in front of all these reporters:

Who basically tell her that she isn't doing her job and she is too focused on probending. She really didn't have much of a choice at this point, do nothing and hurt her image, or join Tarrlok.
Lightningbend
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #990 on: Jan 02, 2013 12:20 am »

^ He also managed to get her in front of all these reporters:

http://hdscreenshots.avatarspiritmedia.net/korra/104/1236.jpg

Who basically tell her that she isn't doing her job and she is too focused on probending. She really didn't have much of a choice at this point, do nothing and hurt her image, or join Tarrlok.

That was the whole point though eventually, to get her in front of a crowd of people and pressure/guilt her into admitting she's too focused on Probending and that she should join Tarrlok's stupid arse task force for an episode/a night and nearly have her bending taken away when she faced Amon for the second time.

Please remove the img tag when quoting images next time. ~Icy
« Last Edit: Sep 13, 2014 11:56 pm by Icy_Ashford » Logged

Legend of Korra, Nickelodeon's redheaded step-child.
King Kazma
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

~~KSRF~~

« Reply #991 on: Jan 02, 2013 12:29 am »

Oh, I know that, I was just adding to what ATLA_FAN said. I was basically saying Tarrlok wasn't just depending on Hiroshi or Lin to convince her to join his task force. He had a jerk-ish scheme to put her in front of those reporters the whole time.
Weege the Airbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Airbender for Life

« Reply #992 on: Sep 13, 2014 09:37 pm »

Rewatching this episode made me realize how none of the villains Korra has faced by the end of Book 3 seem to have impacted her as psychologically as Amon. Ironic, considering he is her weakest threat to date.

"I told you I would destroy you."
"With you out of the way, I will be the one true Avatar."
"Your name will echo throughout history: Korra, the last Avatar."
ThaiOzai
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #993 on: Sep 16, 2014 01:51 am »

Rewatching this episode made me realize how none of the villains Korra has faced by the end of Book 3 seem to have impacted her as psychologically as Amon. Ironic, considering he is her weakest threat to date.

I think he affected her so badly because up until that point, her entire identity was based on her being the Avatar...and he threatened to take that away from her.

While Unalaq eventually did the same thing (destroying Raava), the threat of that happening wasn't hanging over her head for weeks or months. Also, by that time she was capable of seeing herself as more than just the Avatar.
Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #994 on: Dec 30, 2014 07:37 pm »

Great episode. The first four episodes were a fantastic set up for the rst of the season that unfortunately, did not develope the themes contained therein as well as I would haved liked. Tarrlok was a pretty smug and smarmy antagonist, sort of like Zhao, which might explain why I liked him so much. Anyway, I also enjoyed seeing Korra show genuine fear in the face of Amon's power. The flashbacks were also fun to speculate on.
Pages: « previous page   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: