Mar 24, 2017 01:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 92 (42.4%)
9 - 63 (29%)
8 - 44 (20.3%)
7 - 12 (5.5%)
6 - 2 (0.9%)
5 - 1 (0.5%)
4 - 1 (0.5%)
3 - 0 (0%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 2 (0.9%)
Total Voters: 217

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [104] The Voice in the Night  (Read 57020 times)
High Elemental
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Searching for My True Steak

« Reply #25 on: Apr 26, 2012 07:07 am »

Seconding wanting more Bolin, Mako isn't nearly as entertaining and is only really good for "MY PARENTS ARE DEAD!" jokes. Asami just adds to the blandness, hopefully she improves or its all an act.

So I assume that one villain that fought Aang that Tarrlok mentioned must have some importance, what with the flashback to the older Gaang. Perhaps he ties into Amon and his followers?

Solariz
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #26 on: Apr 26, 2012 07:15 am »

^ THIS.

If anything, after seeing the whole episode, I was seriously more in love with Bolin then Mako. Bolin is just a good guy, and I'd love to see he and Korra, if not get together then, get into all sorts of shenanigans lol.

Tarlock's an ass, but he's smart. He knew just how to play Korra and that worries me for the future >_>
High Elemental
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Searching for My True Steak

« Reply #27 on: Apr 26, 2012 07:17 am »

Yeah, I got to give credit to Tarrlok, he's actually much more cunning and proactive than I thought.

Solariz
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #28 on: Apr 26, 2012 07:20 am »

He seems to have members of the council fooled too. They probably think Tenzin is a wet-blanket compared to Tarlock and his cleverness. No wonder Tenzin couldn't afford to leave Republic City to train Korra.
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #29 on: Apr 26, 2012 07:42 am »

Tarrlok is quite... dare I say it... Xanatosian. A slimier, sleazier version of him. Though with Xanatos there were only a couple of times when he did or said something that made me want to punch him, and with Tarrlok it was at every word and every action and every facial expression.
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2012 07:46 am by SMBH » Logged

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
Solariz
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #30 on: Apr 26, 2012 08:01 am »

uhhg yes, I wanted to drop kick Tarrlok during the interview scene, or any other time he spoke..unlike with xantatos where I actually didn't mind when he said something, despite him 'dabbling' in the sleeze. His voice was quite nice to listen to...maybe I'm being biased on that alone Grin Grin
TheTuninator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #31 on: Apr 26, 2012 08:01 am »

I cannot wait for these flashbacks.

Also, this hopefully means that we'll get flashbacks of Katara as well, which I'd love to see.
WisdomSeeker
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

KorraxNaga ♥

« Reply #32 on: Apr 26, 2012 08:10 am »

finally saw it.

too many feels right now.

all i can say for certainty is that Ikki and Bolin were ADORABLE in this episode <33

edit. also saw a theory that Sokka was the one that gave Hiroshi his first loan.....i like it Smiley

some other coherent thoughts....PAI SHO! TENZIN DRESSED ALL FLASH! AND MAKO! AND EVERY CHARACTER! MEELO PEEING ON THINGS and Asami is gorgeous and Lin appearance and i'll stop now. and Korra bb let me hug you Embarrassed

yeah i loved this episode <3
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2012 08:51 am by WisdomSeeker » Logged

icon: piconz@dreamwidth
Old School
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #33 on: Apr 26, 2012 09:04 am »

Did...did Amon just straight-up punch Korra in the face?

Of all the things I expected from this episode, that might've been the thing I least expected.
Solariz
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #34 on: Apr 26, 2012 09:48 am »

^ That was my first impression, but I think he Chi-blocked her neck or something to knock her out.

iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #35 on: Apr 26, 2012 09:53 am »

Still a lack of Bolin I hear... *sigh*

Sigs are for the weak
Earth Angel
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #36 on: Apr 26, 2012 10:00 am »

^ oh no there was a Borra moment where Bolin gave Korra a rose and a pastry Cheesy

iKeep: Makorra | the Makorra hug & kiss in 112 | Makorra's final scene
iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #37 on: Apr 26, 2012 10:02 am »

Why did I come to this thread?

*leaves*

(^And 'Awww' if thats true XDD)
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2012 10:06 am by iwashere » Logged

Sigs are for the weak
BlackRose108
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #38 on: Apr 26, 2012 10:11 am »

I don't know too much about this episode, since I only saw that seven minute ending clip, but I can say I'm excited to see Korra growing out of her immaturity in how to handle situations. And I'm glad to not be a single shipper in this regard as well--cause tumblr bothers me with that Makorra madness. I like Makorra, I like Borra, I like Masami. So I'm happy!

And I'm just gonna ask now and get it over with. I know there's no sharing of links on the forum, so ~snip~ nope, not allowed.
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2012 10:24 am by SMBH » Logged

Check out my Tumblr
And my Fanfiction
squ1shy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #39 on: Apr 26, 2012 10:13 am »

hi im new Smiley

so i noticed in the leak when Mako is talking to Hiroshi Sato, he goes on about being poor at Mako's age. and we know from the interactive game that he invested in the satomobile at 18, so is it safe to assume that Mako would be 18? just a thought
colle
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #40 on: Apr 26, 2012 10:23 am »

My heart broke when Korra was having the Gaang's flashbacks & when Tenzin runs towards her in present time Korra says "...Aang?"

;______; mah tearsz.

I think this might be the part I am looking forward to the most, Korra having flashbacks of Aang.
Mowie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

^ I can relate.

« Reply #41 on: Apr 26, 2012 10:23 am »

^ That was my first impression, but I think he Chi-blocked her neck or something to knock her out.

^That's what it looked like. A swift blow to the neck. It was still very disturbing for a kids show :/

Oh, and it's fair to say that I have a mad crush on flashback Aang and Sokka. Wow. Need moar backstory on what was going on there. Lastly, Tenzin ♥ He is so paternal and comforting.

I keep: Tenzin's dramatic cape movements, Pema's motherly love, and Piandao's love of the arts.
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #42 on: Apr 26, 2012 10:31 am »

Tarrlok is quite... dare I say it... Xanatosian. A slimier, sleazier version of him. Though with Xanatos there were only a couple of times when he did or said something that made me want to punch him, and with Tarrlok it was at every word and every action and every facial expression.
I agree.

I love Ikki and her opinions and exchanges with Tarrlok.

I love Korra's flash to Sokka, Toph, and Aang. I also like how she thought Tenzin was Aang. "Aang?" They're definitely setting up Korra meeting with Aang. I also like that Aang had to deal with something in Republic City 42 years ago. Yakone was it? I like that other things happened that we don't know about. Perhaps Aang will tell Korra of this. I think Amon has something to do with Yakone(sp?).

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #43 on: Apr 26, 2012 10:44 am »

so i noticed in the leak when Mako is talking to Hiroshi Sato, he goes on about being poor at Mako's age. and we know from the interactive game that he invested in the satomobile at 18, so is it safe to assume that Mako would be 18? just a thought

The way I interpreted that was more like a "When I was young like you" instead of "When I was your exact age". But, it's entirely possible that the line was written with that particular intention and that Mako is indeed 18.

Mowie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

^ I can relate.

« Reply #44 on: Apr 26, 2012 10:46 am »

Also forgot to mention how awesome Amon is at being a villain. He actually has foresight here. He is right on the money that if he destroyed the avatar without the majority of public support, she would be seen as a martyr. Especially because she is still a young(ish) girl. He just brought her there to intimidate her. And it so worked. Korra is gonna have to face those fears in a whole new way. Can't wait to see Tenzin helping her with that!

Speaking of Tenzin, he totally knows alot more that he is letting on with regards to Amon and his powers. He needs to give Korra all the information he has instead of hiding anything from her. I get the impression that Tenzin keeps things to himself and is sometimes too cautious. I also think he is upset with himself that he wasn't able to keep order as well as Aang did and is a little lost on what to do now. [Though honesly, a big part of me was really wishing Tenzin would have busted in when Amon had Korra hostage. I so wanted to see Tenzin open a can of whoopair on Amon and his grunts.]

I keep: Tenzin's dramatic cape movements, Pema's motherly love, and Piandao's love of the arts.
Lavanya Six
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #45 on: Apr 26, 2012 10:47 am »

Did anyone else get a kind of... well... sexual assault trauma vibe from Korra this episode, to put it delicately? She sleeps with her boots on, with her guard dog in the room, goes into a cold sweat when reminded about what Amon does to people, stridently rebuffs an 'admirer' who tries to court her, withdrawals from doing the things she loves, won't talk about what happened in the past, insults Amon's manhood in an attempt to provoke him, and gets strung up helplessly by a bunch of assailants while she's out walking in the dark. (EDIT: Oh, and there was that bit at the end where Tenzin is all hesitant about asking if Amon took Korra's... *dramatic pause*... bending.)

Also, the council really does seems to be all benders. Would it kill them to double the membership to ten and split each nation's seat between benders and non-benders?
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2012 10:51 am by Lavanya Six » Logged
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #46 on: Apr 26, 2012 10:53 am »

Yakone was it?

If that's what the name was, one of the posts in this page makes it sound interesting (if the page is correct, that is):

The language of origin is Ahtna Athabascan, which really isn't Eskimo (Inuit which is up on the north slope versus the Interior tribes of Ahtna). As a metaphor it can mean blood spray on the snow

Rogue bloodbender?

Blanka
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #47 on: Apr 26, 2012 10:53 am »

Still, it was a hell of a hard chi block. He punched her. Glad this series is able to show fist action and BTAS levels of violence.

hi im new Smiley

No, because I don't see any reason that he would know Mako's exact age.

Yakone was it?

If that's what the name was, one of the posts in this page makes it sound interesting (if the page is correct, that is):

The language of origin is Ahtna Athabascan, which really isn't Eskimo (Inuit which is up on the north slope versus the Interior tribes of Ahtna). As a metaphor it can mean blood spray on the snow

Rogue bloodbender?

That's what I'm thinking. Solely from the website, it seems bloodbending will have a more prominent role in this series. Could certainly see it used for extortion.
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2012 10:59 am by Blanka » Logged
Roa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I wish I had some noodles, too bad they bend...

« Reply #48 on: Apr 26, 2012 10:56 am »

^If he did, that would make him creepy. Cause that would mean that he had him...watched. For merely glancing at his daughter.
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2012 10:58 am by Roa » Logged

clockworkchaos
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #49 on: Apr 26, 2012 11:02 am »

hi im new Smiley

No, because I don't see any reason that he would know Mako's exact age.

It seems much more likely that he simply knows (guesses) that Mako is less than 18. Since he would have been dirt poor until age 18, he wouldn't have to know Mako's age, only that no matter what it is, he was poor then.

Did anyone else get a kind of... well... sexual assault trauma vibe from Korra this episode, to put it delicately? She sleeps with her boots on, with her guard dog in the room, goes into a cold sweat when reminded about what Amon does to people, stridently rebuffs an 'admirer' who tries to court her, withdrawals from doing the things she loves, won't talk about what happened in the past, insults Amon's manhood in an attempt to provoke him, and gets strung up helplessly by a bunch of assailants while she's out walking in the dark. (EDIT: Oh, and there was that bit at the end where Tenzin is all hesitant about asking if Amon took Korra's... *dramatic pause*... bending.)

Yeah, Amon's creepy. However, I'm not really sure about the sexual assault angle, at least as an intentional metaphor. What Amon's assault really is about it losing agency, losing power. Korra is no longer in control of herself, in control of who she is. he has power over her. Now all that does appear in sexual assault, as sexual assault are a form of power/control. But at the same time, I don't think it's specifically meant to be about sexual assault as it is the general feeling of having your control/world taken from you and any work that deals with those themes will have an undercurrent of sexual assault, because it also is related to those issues. If that makes any sense.

Interestingly, Amon knows that going after Korra would result in a cause celebre for the rest of the world. So he's actually wise to the possibility, which means he's not likely to go after the last few airbenders until he's good and ready.

Also, the council really does seems to be all benders. Would it kill them to double the membership to ten and split each nation's seat between benders and non-benders?
I'm really, really hoping that Korra's solution to Amon is figuring out she needs to get more thoughtful, and undercutting his revolution by proposing the reforms herself.
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2012 11:14 am by clockworkchaos » Logged
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: