Dec 12, 2019 11:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Promise, Part 3 -- Speculation and Spoilers  (Read 119462 times)
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #25 on: Apr 18, 2012 06:07 pm »

And I don't know why the hell Mike and Bryan didn't just write this themselves. They're obviously more than capable writers, and for God's sake, the comic trilogy added up is only 240 pages in all, that's really not long at all. They could've taken a few-month detour from Korra to write this, if it was even mandatory. Do we really need all this "let's kill Zuko and make Zuko bond with his homicidal daddy and plunge the world BACK into war" nonsense to understand in Korra that Zuko and Aang made Republic City? It's so unnecessary. At first I thought these comics were to tie up loose end from the original series, like Toph's parents and Ursa, not to add unessential melodrama.

It's not about what we need to understand. It's about what we can be tricked into spending money for. Wink

And now these comics are as meaningless to me as the Star Wars comic books.

You shut your foul mouth! The Star Wars comics are, on average, just as good as the six films! Tongue

PokemonLotty
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Swag.

« Reply #26 on: Apr 18, 2012 06:11 pm »

It's not about what we need to understand. It's about what we can be tricked into spending money for.

You can say that again. What else is anything for? Grin

Follow me on tumblr! Smiley
http://sub-maureen.tumblr.com/
High Elemental
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Searching for My True Steak

« Reply #27 on: Apr 18, 2012 06:14 pm »

What we need is a well-written Hellboy/Korra crossover. Then the Avatar comics will be worth it.

proudinfidel
On Probation
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee Cleavage Rules!!

« Reply #28 on: Apr 18, 2012 06:22 pm »

I hope the "war" does end up being an exaggeration and its just a few goups they're talking about.  Othewise, my favorite example for how I'm feeling is the Jesus facepalm picture mentioned above. Tongue
PokemonLotty
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Swag.

« Reply #29 on: Apr 18, 2012 06:27 pm »

I think in the next batch of Gene Yang comics Katara will have an affair with Zuko and write a letter to Zuko about their love child, then Mai and Zuko will be forced into an arranged marriage. Mai will intercept the letter about Katara and Zuko's lovechild and then she'll poison Katara so she'll have a miscarriage. Then Toph and Aang will fall madly in love, Azula will suffer amnesia and fall in love with Sokka with no mention of Suki. then Azula will get killed by Mai and Ursa will randomly show up and cry about it.
The End.
« Last Edit: Apr 18, 2012 06:29 pm by PokemonLotty » Logged

SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #30 on: Apr 18, 2012 06:42 pm »

Thread split from the Part 2 Speculation thread because honestly, that thread says clearly in the title that it's for PART TWO and everything here is about PART THREE. Why a new thread wasn't created for this in the first place is beyond me.

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
High Elemental
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #31 on: Apr 18, 2012 06:46 pm »

I think in the next batch of Gene Yang comics Katara will have an affair with Zuko and write a letter to Zuko about their love child, then Mai and Zuko will be forced into an arranged marriage. Mai will intercept the letter about Katara and Zuko's lovechild and then she'll poison Katara so she'll have a miscarriage. Then Toph and Aang will fall madly in love, Azula will suffer amnesia and fall in love with Sokka with no mention of Suki. then Azula will get killed by Mai and Ursa will randomly show up and cry about it.
The End.
They should just get Jackie Diaz on board to write on them now.

Breakfast at Tophs
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

love is watching someone die

« Reply #32 on: Apr 18, 2012 06:49 pm »

The End.
Or they could just dig up some of my old cardcaptor Sakura fanfiction and change the names.  It would make just as much sense.

Sig and Avie by the very lovely Georgie
Proud keeper of Narook\'s seaweed noodlery
plushu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

157% PIANDAOIST

« Reply #33 on: Apr 18, 2012 06:53 pm »

The End.
Or they could just dig up some of my old cardcaptor Sakura fanfiction and change the names.  It would make just as much sense.

I have an old Aqua Teen Hunger Force/X Files crossover I can donate to the cause.

High Elemental
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #34 on: Apr 18, 2012 06:55 pm »

Do Mulder and Scully take the Plutonians and Mooninites into custody? That idea alone deserves its own comic.

PokemonLotty
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Swag.

« Reply #35 on: Apr 18, 2012 07:02 pm »

Oh wait, so....Jackie Diaz and Shaymalan didn't co-write it?

High Elemental
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #36 on: Apr 18, 2012 07:06 pm »

Please, if they did it would actually be entertaining in its suck.

PokemonLotty
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Swag.

« Reply #37 on: Apr 18, 2012 07:07 pm »

Please, if they did it would actually be entertaining in its suck.

Ah, yes, I had forgotten that vital detail. We also wouldn't have to go through the pain of knowing Mike and Bryan co-wrote/approved it.

AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #38 on: Apr 19, 2012 05:30 am »

Soooo... If they really restart the war... Wouldn't the EK start from a game-winning advantage? I mean, they have the ninja girls all over the Royal Palace  Roll Eyes!

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
ElMariachi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #39 on: Apr 19, 2012 07:25 am »

^ They could, if the leader of said ninja girls wasn't pinning for the enemy's Lord!  Grin

English isn't my native language, so excuse me for my misspells.
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #40 on: Apr 19, 2012 07:32 am »

^ They could, if the leader of said ninja girls wasn't pinning for the enemy's Lord!  Grin

Good point  Cheesy. And on a second thought, the Kyosh Warrior's loyality belongs to Azula, so no autowin-for-the-EK with them.

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Lavanya Six
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #41 on: Apr 19, 2012 08:12 am »

Good point  Cheesy. And on a second thought, the Kyosh Warrior's loyality belongs to Azula, so no autowin-for-the-EK with them.

Great, now I'm seeing the Kyoshi Warriors as some sort of memetic cult, and anyone who beats them becomes them. That's why Ty Lee gave up her individuality to join them, and why Azula really went crazy in the end -- she was trying (and failing) to fight off the mental infection that precedes conversion.
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #42 on: Apr 19, 2012 08:29 am »

Great, now I'm seeing the Kyoshi Warriors as some sort of memetic cult, and anyone who beats them becomes them. That's why Ty Lee gave up her individuality to join them, and why Azula really went crazy in the end -- she was trying (and failing) to fight off the mental infection that precedes conversion.

No need for conversion, the Kyoshi Warriors are always with the winning side. Even when they are losing. Anyone who dismisses the possiblity of Suki dropping signal flares into the water from the airship after TBR (with the intention to leave points of navigation for Azula) is a blind person  Cheesy!

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
ElMariachi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #43 on: Apr 19, 2012 09:32 am »

You know, the more I learn about The Promise part 2&3, the more I hope Azula won't make any appearance in these, because seeing how much everyone in the cast seems to have lost his mind, I can't even begin to imagine what Gene had planned to make her look crazier than them... he's gonna make her the Only Sane Woman? That would still don't make any sense, but at least it would be funny!
« Last Edit: Apr 19, 2012 12:36 pm by ElMariachi » Logged

English isn't my native language, so excuse me for my misspells.
KrimzonStriker
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #44 on: Apr 19, 2012 10:23 am »

I'm fairly certain its not going to be as bad as people are imagining, talks probably just breakdown by the end of part 2 and they end up at a stand-off with maybe a little skirmishing, but I hardly think it'll be all out war given the conclusion we all know happens. We'll see for ourselves when it comes out is all I have to say, no need to rush to judgement on a bit of hyperbole from a simple summary when we don't know the details yet.
guyw1tn0nam3
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Why are you so salty?

« Reply #45 on: Apr 19, 2012 10:52 am »

*sigh*

Why is this so bad? >.>

I'm sorry. I can't hear you over the sound of salt spilling all over the kitchen table.
Breakfast at Tophs
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #46 on: Apr 19, 2012 10:54 am »

What will happen to the Kyoshi warriors if there's a war, they originally had allegiance to the earth kingdom, but Suki seems to really like serving Zuko.  Maybe Ty Lee discovered some mind control chi blocking.

AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #47 on: Apr 19, 2012 11:01 am »

What will happen to the Kyoshi warriors if there's a war, they originally had allegiance to the earth kingdom, but Suki seems to really like serving Zuko.  Maybe Ty Lee discovered some mind control chi blocking.

Nah, Suki is in-character in these comics. She liked to be concerned about her friends in the show too. Even her urge to try to make physical contact with other people is an old thing.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Breakfast at Tophs
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #48 on: Apr 19, 2012 11:20 am »

I agree her serving the fire lord in the first comic is in character, I'm just curious what they'll do with her in the third comic, when the country she belongs to and the fire lord she's currently serving is at war.

AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #49 on: Apr 19, 2012 11:26 am »

I agree her serving the fire lord in the first comic is in character, I'm just curious what they'll do with her in the third comic, when the country she belongs to and the fire lord she's currently serving is at war.

Well, technically, Kyoshi Island is somewhat independent from the EK. I mean they could remain neutral during the big war. Not to mention that we don't know anything about Suki's background. She could have Fire Nation origins  Wink.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: