Nov 18, 2019 11:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Korra's portrayal -- negative reactions?  (Read 193219 times)
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #25 on: Apr 14, 2012 04:27 pm »

Especially her meeting with Chief Bei Fong, that was a very immature and teenage thing to do.

And hilarious when it ended! Cheesy

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
nukilik
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I tried!

« Reply #26 on: Apr 14, 2012 04:30 pm »

^ Hilarious is indeed the word for that face XD

^^^ I meant pacifist more in a cultural sense. Batman or Superman at least really don't fit in what I meant.

I've seen both of these and many other superhero series but I'd say Aang was approached in a unique and interesting way that did set him apart and made him feel fresh to me.

Actually by "it was nice to see a hero that comes from a non-violent, open-minded, sees the best in everyone, values-life-itself above anything culture being faced with a situation and moral dilemmas like the ones Aang had in hands" I actually was comparing to exactly these kind of superheros, as well as other from Ben10-style action series-markeded-towards-boys.
« Last Edit: Apr 14, 2012 04:37 pm by nukilik » Logged
kiimiq
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #27 on: Apr 14, 2012 04:32 pm »

Really, what it comes down to is that no character can please everyone. Two of the examples you mentioned that you thought Korra should be more like - Katara and Toph - I absolutely hated when they were introduced. In fact, while Toph quickly became one of my favorite characters, I still can't stand Katara and think she was one of the worst points of TLA. And I know pretty much everyone would disagree with me on that, but the point is that there's always someone who just for whatever reason doesn't like a given character. If Korra is given good development, I'm sure she'll be fine.
Fate
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avvy made by caves.

« Reply #28 on: Apr 14, 2012 04:33 pm »

I'm going to take a plunge into dangerous waters and theorize that if Korra's personality had been stuck onto a male lead, it would not have flown.  He wouldn't admirable, and we'd be eager to see him kicked flat on his cocky ass and taught a lesson in humility so we could finally start to care about him.  The problem I've noticed is that these same character traits become "cool" when slapped onto a female.

He was called Zuko I believe. I could name a dozen male characters who have had this problem. And who says Korra's not in for a lesson in humility? Have you seen some of the trailers for the episodes coming up?

I get the sense that you're not reading my posts.  In my initial one I stated that yes, I expect Amon to kick her down a notch.  Cookiethief (who I quoted in my next post) explained quite nicely what the issue is.

Getting back to Zuko... he does not apply here.  First of all, he's not the hero that we're all supposed to be gunning for, and for most of the series he's portrayed as either an antagonst, semi-antagonist, or anti-hero.  Second of all, he's not portrayed as a "cool rebel" -- he's struggling with scars both physical and mental, and his is a story of redemption.  His arrogance comes from his insecurity, and it's not there to make him strong and cool.  His character is really quite different from Korra's.
« Last Edit: Apr 14, 2012 04:37 pm by Fate » Logged
The_Elite711
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

You're a squid you're a kid you're a squid...

« Reply #29 on: Apr 14, 2012 04:44 pm »

I read most of this thread, and my opinion is I think no matter what Korra would have been personality-wise, some people would STILL be dissatisfied (no pleasing everybody basically). If Korra was a Katara copy, some people would still like it while others would hate it. If Korra was shy and timid to begin with, some people would be understanding of it just because being cautious never hurt; while others would think she needs to stop being so shy and learn that she is the Avatar and can't afford to be that way. Those are just very crude examples, but I hope the point comes across. Just to add as well, Toph was quite more rebellious from my observations anyways.

Korra is my favorite character so far BECAUSE of her personality, I personally love characters like her that can stand their ground and not be needy all the time. Also, from how she was raised and not having much experience interacting with other people, of course she will think she is the most powerful person in the world and unstoppable being the Avatar. Aang traveled to different parts of the world and had friends in the different nations; he was aware of potentially powerful people, knowing whether he was the Avatar or not. Remember most of all that this is only the beginning of the series, there will be room for development on Korra. She will be less arrogant later on, and more understanding of what her limits are and her spiritual side. From the 2 episodes they showed already she can be understanding of authority and the concerns of others (i.e, Tenzin). For now though she is just acting like any typical 17 year old, head strong thinking they can handle themselves without any help.

Keeps: Roku bending the elements at the same time, Water Tribe subs in DoBS, Korra's hat, the Probending arena!
KrimzonStriker
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #30 on: Apr 14, 2012 05:12 pm »

I get the sense that you're not reading my posts.  In my initial one I stated that yes, I expect Amon to kick her down a notch.  Cookiethief (who I quoted in my next post) explained quite nicely what the issue is.

Getting back to Zuko... he does not apply here.  First of all, he's not the hero that we're all supposed to be gunning for, and for most of the series he's portrayed as either an antagonst, semi-antagonist, or anti-hero.  Second of all, he's not portrayed as a "cool rebel" -- he's struggling with scars both physical and mental, and his is a story of redemption.  His arrogance comes from his insecurity, and it's not there to make him strong and cool.  His character is really quite different from Korra's.

Your assessment is that because Korra's girl we're giving her a pass on characters we would not find redeeming on a male character. Then I'll tell straight out, female or male I wouldn't find these character traits very redeeming on anyone, but I've seen these aspects before and I know that's very much the point of putting them in the character in the first place. Flaws make a character as much as their good points. So that means I judge them straight away for it and take the time to get to know them, its a learning process we have to explore, and develop. Understanding the characters of the series your watching is part of deriving enjoyment from it and them, whether it be their good qualities or bad, its what makes them more human.  

Did we KNOW all that in the beginning when we first met him? No, we had to take the time to figure all this out and explore his character more. And Zuko was also arrogant because he was self-entitled in his position as crown prince, and whether he was right or wrong, as Iroh pointed out about his outburst, his brashness ended up costing him everything, despite the ultimate good it served in the end. I could make that very same argument on Korra, she just hasn't gone through her Agni Kai moment yet. And if you want me to bring out male characters who undoubtedly share these qualities.... I would just like my point to be acknowledged that there are PLENTY of male characters/leads who have exhibited the features of which Korra is being accused of and were still accepted for it. So I don't get why you think she's getting any special treatment because of her gender. Her being a girl really has nothing to do with it in my opinion and I don't suspect she'll be spared the same trials and growth these types of characters went through either, simple as that.  

EDIT: Just so everyone can get an example of what I'm talking about, I took the time to understand Azula and Ozai for pete's sake, and now I'm trying to do the same with Amon.
« Last Edit: Apr 14, 2012 05:21 pm by KrimzonStriker » Logged
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The Dragon of the East

« Reply #31 on: Apr 14, 2012 06:23 pm »

I think she is all those things but at the same time I see where Mike and Bryan are going with this.  She has to evolve and think we're going to see that in a big way over the next few weeks.

Narook's Seaweed Noodlery.  Authentic Southern Water Tribe cuisine.  The best seaweed noodles in Republic City.  It's not just whale blubber, folks!
Fire Rose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #32 on: Apr 14, 2012 06:37 pm »

All true.

I don't hate Korra. As many people pointed out, she has a reason to be the way she is. It's because:

1. Growing up sheltered. It's understandable that she should stay put at the age of 5, but they could have let her travel with bodyguards when she reached her early teen years. We are not sure if she had other people in her life besides Katara and Naga, but it sounds like she didn't have friends. It makes me wonder why Katara did not step in and talk to OWL about Korra's 'prison life'. I know she was married to Aang, but I think she knew Aang wouldn't wanted it that way.

2. Heard stories about Aang. Honestly, if I grew listening to stories about how my previous life saved the world I would be a little arrogant and expect people to give me special treatment.

3. Her age. Aang was 12. He was child. Children his age avoided responsibities and goofed off. Korra is 17. Kids her age tend to be argumentive towards parent figures like Tenzin and get frustrated with themselves. I'm pretty sure we were all like that when we her age.

Korra is going to learn a lot of things. One of them being is that she's going to learn to be Korra rather than Avatar Korra because that's all she has ever learned. Amon is going to break her that and will be her turning point. Heck, I'm sure Mako and Bolin will help influence her in some way just as she will influence them.
pheobe
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Heart.Mind.Body.Soul

« Reply #33 on: Apr 14, 2012 07:17 pm »

I'm going to take a plunge into dangerous waters and theorize that if Korra's personality had been stuck onto a male lead, it would not have flown.  He wouldn't admirable, and we'd be eager to see him kicked flat on his cocky ass and taught a lesson in humility so we could finally start to care about him.  The problem I've noticed is that these same character traits become "cool" when slapped onto a female.

Whereas you and your parents certainly have a point (a plot point!), I disagree 100% with this paragraph. Male characters get away with tons more stuff than females! Take any wang character. Girls swoon over Damon in The Vampire Diaries, completely forfeit all rational thought about Edward Cullen's emotional abuse of Bella in Twilight, etc...  There's been a whole array of otherwise evil, murdering men who have gotten girls' knickers in a twist and they're all basically the same thing.

I don't think we should hold this show to the low standard set by mainstream television, but let's be real: if a male is overbearing, society deems him 'boss' (no negative connotation), a woman who takes charge is a 'bitch' (loads of negativity there).

Personally, I loved Korra's character right off the bat. I think she has the perfect personality for the new world she is in. And by 'perfect' I mean that it is the worst possible match. Cheesy

Korra is a lot like Aang when it comes to their naive world views and being overly sheltered, only the world Aang entered was rather sraightforward and people were very much looking forward to his arrival. Plus, he was benevolent and mellow, who could hate him?

Korra is a lot less suited for the dangerous pollitical turf she's entered and will need to do some quick growing up to survive the propaganda mind games. And her temper and lack of empathy will put her at odds with many people she meets.

Basically, Aang had spirituality and tact and seemed almost inhuman in his perpetual benevolence, whereas Korra's actions will help her opponents' cause of proving that the Avatar and bending are not necessarily good things and that both concepts may not have a place in the new world.

She still has a lot of heart and good intentions, but she's the kind of person who invites trouble and conflict. She's the person who takes a little getting to know to fully appreciate.

Actually, she is infinitely more fun for me to watch than Aang ever was b/c he came off like a gospel at times. Korra is simply wonderful with all her imperfections. I loved Katara and will continue to love her and the way she did things, but I don't have her empathy and motherly compassion and I don't want to  see another semi-passive woman. I find Korra's faith in herself inspiring. If you started thinking, you wouldn't find too many female characters who just want to get out there and do, most want to defend their "nests" and feel safe.
« Last Edit: Apr 14, 2012 07:23 pm by pheobe » Logged

Old School
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #34 on: Apr 14, 2012 07:36 pm »

Not everyone is going to like Korra as a character. There's no way around that. It's something I imagine a lot of fans from the old series are going to have to come to terms with.

For starters, there's the comparison between Korra and Aang. One thing I'm noticing is that those who were big fans of Aang aren't taking very well to Korra so far, and a lot of that is because Korra's intended to be Aang's "polar opposite". On the flip side, fans who weren't so high on Aang are crazy about Korra, and it's kinda the same thing. Me, I like them both, but mainly in areas where they are very similar. I don't know if this'll all become a trend, but it makes sense.
Stupendous
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

juice for grown-ups

« Reply #35 on: Apr 14, 2012 08:16 pm »

Personally, I think Korra is perfect. Er, well, her characterization makes sense to me, and I can't see her acting any other way. As it has been said before, she grew up in a culture of hunters/warriors (that, not unlike the Fire Nation, puts a lot of stock in pride). She's always excelled at bending. She's insulated from danger and the outside world, and has been placed in an environment where she was the best. She's known she was the Avatar since she was four/five years old, has been fed stories about the great Avatar Aang and her other predecessors, and has formed an identity based around that. And she was raised on fighting. I literally can't see her act any other way. When you mix all the above stuff, not even including her base personality to start with, you're going to get a rambunctious and arrogant person. There's practically no way around it.

And it's not like the writers can affect her upbringing much -- most of that stuff was a guarantee from the old series. When you've got a predecessor who was so badass he took away the Fire Lord's bending on the day he was at his most powerful, then you're going to get cocky. You're going to act like you own the world. So Korra doesn't bother me because that's exactly what I expected from her.

Worried that she won't grow out of her cockiness? Look at some of the sneak peeks -- she gets her tail beat so many times it isn't even funny. Outside of the first two episodes, I don't think I've even seen her dominate a fight (outside of probending, anyway) Don't worry about Amon taking her down a notch or two. He'll take her down a notch or two.

Hell, she's already been taken down several notches. After all, she got arrested for approaching problems fists first without thinking. She nearly cost the Fire Ferrets the match for not bothering to pay attention to what she was doing. She's learning and growing already, and these are just the introductory episodes.

And she's genuinely kind -- some of you only saw her being arrogant when she beat up those gangsters, but remember, she was protecting a helpless merchant. She may have destroyed a couple things along the way -- and definitely got reprimanded for it -- but you can tell her heart was in the right place. She stepped in, not knowing what those guys had up their sleeves, and fought them anyway.

I understand it's a cliche to have a tough rebellious woman, but this is specifically what her journey is all about. Aang's journey was learning to stand firm and protect the things he cherishes. Korra's journey (and the Equalists'. And the Chief's) will be to learn that there's always another path besides fighting. Korra's cockiness ties in with that.

For starters, there's the comparison between Korra and Aang. One thing I'm noticing is that those who were big fans of Aang aren't taking very well to Korra so far, and a lot of that is because Korra's intended to be Aang's "polar opposite".

You know what's weird? I'm a huge Aang fan (he's my favorite), and I love Korra. For different reasons, but yeah. ^^

Keeper of Korra's armband, Asami's impeccable style, and the Air Kids' sibling shenanigans
Fate
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avvy made by caves.

« Reply #36 on: Apr 14, 2012 10:38 pm »

Taking charge isn't the issue--It's the arrogant young rebel archetype that's the problem.  Mulan took charge and kicked ass, as did Hermione, Eowyn, Elizabeth Swann and Leia (Aha, yes, Leia was a rebel in the political sense of the term, but you know what I mean XD ).  They were all bold and broke rules when they had to, out of necessity... but the thing is that they're all admirable.  They lacked the arrogance of the "badass female heroine" archetypes, whose brashness, recklessness,  misbehavior and disrespect is glamorized as something cool and... "progressive."  These are typically extremes used by writers who want to avoid the other extreme of the weak, dependent damsel, but Mike and Brian are good writers, and they've already shown previously that you can avoid one and still avoid the other.  There's a lot of ground between those extremes, and I have faith that they can turn Korra around into someone tough and capable, yet respectable.

It's just that at this point, she's somewhat grating.  Aang was a more Asian hero, while Korra seems more Hollywood. 

But I really hope that the later episodes make me eat those words.
horizioncat120
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #37 on: Apr 14, 2012 10:45 pm »

I don't understand. I found Korra VERY Likeable. Maybe because she seems alittle too energetic in a way. You know I don't like comparing characters. Or characters from different series. But Korra reminds me of Naruto in a way.

Other people r like :   Huh .....WAT?

She reminds me of him because they're both high strong and have a fired up personality. Though I do think Korra is less loud and obnoxious than Naruto (Thank god). I think it's good that Korra isn't like the other girls in the original Avatar series. Yeah she might have similarities with them but nothing that's really identical. No one wants the same character.

And of course she's gonna grow throughout the series. You can't be a dumbneck for all your life.

I VOTE KORRA FOR PRESIDENT Smiley (I just always wanted to say that).
Anyone with me on this plan?

The Rebel and The Princess~ Hc120
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #38 on: Apr 14, 2012 10:53 pm »

But Aang and Korra are two different people. I don't see the problem you have with Korra's personality. I'm trying to see it from what you're saying, but I just can't see the problem nor do I think there is one.

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
WisdomSeeker
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

KorraxNaga ♥

« Reply #39 on: Apr 14, 2012 10:54 pm »

^
^
totally Cheesy

I love Korra. I would have really disliked her if she had started without any major flaws. The main reason i love tv so much, is because i get to journey with the characters, which would be pretty boring if everyone started out as polly perfects.

For me, her good points far outweigh her bad points, and i'm very much looking forward to who she will have grown into by the series finale.

icon: piconz@dreamwidth
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The Dragon of the East

« Reply #40 on: Apr 14, 2012 10:58 pm »

Taking charge isn't the issue--It's the arrogant young rebel archetype that's the problem.  Mulan took charge and kicked ass, as did Hermione, Eowyn, Elizabeth Swann and Leia (Aha, yes, Leia was a rebel in the political sense of the term, but you know what I mean XD ).  They were all bold and broke rules when they had to, out of necessity... but the thing is that they're all admirable.  They lacked the arrogance of the "badass female heroine" archetypes, whose brashness, recklessness,  misbehavior and disrespect is glamorized as something cool and... "progressive."  These are typically extremes used by writers who want to avoid the other extreme of the weak, dependent damsel, but Mike and Brian are good writers, and they've already shown previously that you can avoid one and still avoid the other.  There's a lot of ground between those extremes, and I have faith that they can turn Korra around into someone tough and capable, yet respectable.

It's just that at this point, she's somewhat grating.  Aang was a more Asian hero, while Korra seems more Hollywood.  

You see but that's why I like that Mike and Bryan did this with Korra.  Arrogance is one trait that the entertainment is afraid to put upon female leads for some reason when the truth is, teens no matter what gender can be arrogant little ****s when they see they excel at something.  Which is right there in Korra's case.  When you take away the fact that she's a girl, that's every young know-it-all punk that we've seen before.  But seeing as you can already see that there's a genuine innocence to Korra under all the bravado, the end goal is journey you take to accepting Korra as she finds the type of person she wants to be.  That's the draw here.

Narook's Seaweed Noodlery.  Authentic Southern Water Tribe cuisine.  The best seaweed noodles in Republic City.  It's not just whale blubber, folks!
Eudaemon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Why must all of my favorite characters die?!

« Reply #41 on: Apr 14, 2012 10:59 pm »

One comment I've been seeing a lot that they tried too hard to make Korra the anti-Aang, as in she has issues with airbending and does everything he wouldn't do.

At this point, Korra is a pretty good heroine.  I do like her more than Aang simply because I had trouble relating to Aang because I was 14 when the show came out and he was already kind of immature to me, while Korra is closer to my own personality and even being 20, I still act like someone her age. (still haven't grown out of the teenage years...college does that, I guess?) It's funny because the show seems to be repeating season one of Avatar. I kinda liked Aang, couldn't tolerate Katara (didn't like her until season two) and I was a huge fan of Sokka. Replace them respectively with Korra, Mako and Bolin and it's pretty much my same feelings. I need to see more mistakes from her and her severely getting punished for her flaws. I think the next episode with Bolin getting captured will be the result of her mistake and she'll learn from it.

I do love that she's so...fiery. She is better than pretty much every female protagonist I can think of at the moment. Definitely a lot, lot better than Katniss.

RIP Noatak. You were hot, but you were a psychopath.
I keep Bolin's green sash. Cheesy
PnkPath
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

An Original Avatard

« Reply #42 on: Apr 14, 2012 11:05 pm »

Okay, I'm not trying to be nasty or anything but I really like how Korra's body was drawn.  I'm so glad that Bryke really made a point to make her athletic and curvaceous.  Something that slightly annoyed me in ATLA was that most of the girls were either rail thin and flat or really disproportional.  So it's nice to see that Bryke acknowledged that flaw and improved on it. But, being a female myself, I'm really proud of how Korra's character came out  Smiley

Look at her! I mean...even I can't deny that she's got body  Grin get it gurrrl

" width="400" height="200" border="0
Keeper of Aunt Wu's bean-curd puffs & Master Yu's coupon

Shippinggg... Ursai & Howrra
Xagzan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #43 on: Apr 14, 2012 11:06 pm »

Taking charge isn't the issue--It's the arrogant young rebel archetype that's the problem.  Mulan took charge and kicked ass, as did Hermione, Eowyn, Elizabeth Swann and Leia (Aha, yes, Leia was a rebel in the political sense of the term, but you know what I mean XD ).  They were all bold and broke rules when they had to, out of necessity... but the thing is that they're all admirable.  They lacked the arrogance of the "badass female heroine" archetypes, whose brashness, recklessness,  misbehavior and disrespect is glamorized as something cool and... "progressive."  These are typically extremes used by writers who want to avoid the other extreme of the weak, dependent damsel, but Mike and Brian are good writers, and they've already shown previously that you can avoid one and still avoid the other.  There's a lot of ground between those extremes, and I have faith that they can turn Korra around into someone tough and capable, yet respectable.

It's just that at this point, she's somewhat grating.  Aang was a more Asian hero, while Korra seems more Hollywood.  

How is Korra's misbehavior and disrespect being glamorized? Pretty sure she's already been taken down a notch a couple of times because of those traits.

WisdomSeeker
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

KorraxNaga ♥

« Reply #44 on: Apr 14, 2012 11:08 pm »

Okay, I'm not trying to be nasty or anything but I really like how Korra's body was drawn.  I'm so glad that Bryke really made a point to make her athletic and curvaceous.  Something that slightly annoyed me in ATLA was that most of the girls were either rail thin and flat or really disproportional.  So it's nice to see that Bryke acknowledged that flaw and improved on it. But, being a female myself, I'm really proud of how Korra's character came out  Smiley

Look at her! I mean...even I can't deny that she's got body  Grin get it gurrrl

agree so much!! hot stuff <3
i love how comfy she is in her own skin.
'i'm sexy and i know it' Cheesy

« Last Edit: Apr 14, 2012 11:10 pm by WisdomSeeker » Logged

icon: piconz@dreamwidth
Old School
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #45 on: Apr 14, 2012 11:24 pm »

Taking charge isn't the issue--It's the arrogant young rebel archetype that's the problem.  Mulan took charge and kicked ass, as did Hermione, Eowyn, Elizabeth Swann and Leia (Aha, yes, Leia was a rebel in the political sense of the term, but you know what I mean XD ).  They were all bold and broke rules when they had to, out of necessity... but the thing is that they're all admirable.  They lacked the arrogance of the "badass female heroine" archetypes, whose brashness, recklessness,  misbehavior and disrespect is glamorized as something cool and... "progressive."  

But see, that's the thing. Those things aren't being glamorized in Korra. Those are character flaws that are treated as what they are - flaws. They're the reason Korra keeps screwing up and can't airbend at all. The whole point is for her to grow out of those things so that she can master airbending and fix Republic City.

I believe the underlying problem with Korra is this: Aang started the series off at a certain point of maturity, spiritual awareness, and an understanding of himself and those around him. Not to say he didn't have plenty of room to grow, but he still started off at a certain point.

Korra needs an entire 12 episode season just to reach that point. This is their way of completing the cycle, which makes perfect sense. The problem is that some people will look at this "journey back to square one" as a regression in a linear sense rather than a progression in a cyclical one.
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #46 on: Apr 14, 2012 11:34 pm »

I also think that people are just comparing Aang to Korra and that's where they're seeing "problems." They've had completely different upbringings.

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
mvlaxian42
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Wierd name, and proud of it!

mvlaxian42@hotmail.com
« Reply #47 on: Apr 14, 2012 11:35 pm »

Well from what I can judge about Korra is that this entire development that she will go through will help her understand the ideology of the Air Nomads, which is freedom, which by the looks of it, by the way that her life has been guided, she hasn't really had the chance to experience it. Once she has fully understood it, she will become balanced and at piece, and will then bring the worl back to it as well.
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #48 on: Apr 14, 2012 11:37 pm »

Airbending is also very spiritual, which Korra was established as having problems with.

UnownLegend
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Thank you Returnable Memory for the set!

« Reply #49 on: Apr 14, 2012 11:56 pm »

I find Korra to be the most realistic character that has been on the Avatar series ever. I mean, everybody is SO realistic and believeable and amazing, and Korra is the most human of all of them BECAUSE of all her flaws and shortcomings.

(of course Korra is only a touch more human than anybody else... and by a touch a mean a small small small small small touch, cause everybody is so awesome on this series!!!! (including atla and lok))

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: