Jul 22, 2014 10:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 129 (54.4%)
9 - 63 (26.6%)
8 - 29 (12.2%)
7 - 11 (4.6%)
6 - 2 (0.8%)
5 - 1 (0.4%)
4 - 1 (0.4%)
3 - 0 (0%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 1 (0.4%)
Total Voters: 237

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [103] The Revelation  (Read 18734 times)
kitsuneopal
Chief Crankypants

« Reply #175 on: Apr 21, 2012 12:03 pm »

Wait. Wait. Wait.

No one else picked up that Tenzin was lying about not knowing how in the world Amon ended up being able to energybend?

*feels special*

Meh I don't think he's lying about it.

Of course I reserve the right to amend this statement in the future if need be.
ladysekhmetka
Chief Crankypants

ladysekhmetka ladysekhmetka
« Reply #176 on: Apr 21, 2012 12:05 pm »

Wait. Wait. Wait.

No one else picked up that Tenzin was lying about not knowing how in the world Amon ended up being able to energybend?

*feels special*

Oh yeah, good point, totally forgot about that in my post.

Yeah, there's something possibly going on there
tophsmygirl
Chief Crankypants

Red scarf, purple knickers + fingerless gloves <3

« Reply #177 on: Apr 21, 2012 12:06 pm »

*searches for a way to point to the piece* AARGHHHH

Anyway. That piece where Korra mentions to him what was going on? He goes that he has no idea how anyone can have that ability. That it was limited to the Avatar only.

But problem is that he's as bad a liar as his father. The guy had so many tells it was funny.

<3 these two! List of artists coming soon. BTW, clicky for my dA account.
And then Bolin will say "Don't answer to Sassy Scarf, it's not manly!" - xrynne
tophness
Chief Crankypants

^ She's a cutie.

« Reply #178 on: Apr 21, 2012 12:08 pm »

Er...I'm not following. How is he suppose to know that no one has that ability besides the Avatar?

Keeps: Sokka's "Yes! Yes it can!"; Young!Mai's hair ribbons; Aang's big ears, the hidden Kataang kiss from 202
Korrasami bromance; Older!Aang's beard; Jinora's "Stay away from my dad's ex-girlfriend!"
Someone From The Dark
Chief Crankypants

I love Sui, and Fallan Denzell. Double Arts FTW!

« Reply #179 on: Apr 21, 2012 12:10 pm »

His dad (Aang) probably told him he did it.

For The Love, Pride, and Honor of Fire Lord Zuko
TheLionTurtle
Chief Crankypants

« Reply #180 on: Apr 21, 2012 12:11 pm »

Anyone else terrified by Amon?  What a crazy awesome villain--and I missed the little airbenders in this episode--those guys make me laugh so much  Grin  Aaah, can't wait for next Saturday!  And I totally didn't pick up the whole "Tenzin is lying" thing--I'm gonna have to go back and rewatch that bit.
Blanka
Banned Member
Chief Crankypants

« Reply #181 on: Apr 21, 2012 12:11 pm »

Well they used it as Mako's and Bolin's back-story....

This makes me wonder though, was it their intention to have these two suspiciously similar stories in the same episode? Is this foreshadowing or rushing the plot?

You really, really underestimate Mike and Bryan's ability as writers.
tophness
Chief Crankypants

^ She's a cutie.

« Reply #182 on: Apr 21, 2012 12:12 pm »

His dad (Aang) probably told him he did it.

Yeah, he probably did. So how is he lying when he all he knows is that only the Avatar can do it?

Keeps: Sokka's "Yes! Yes it can!"; Young!Mai's hair ribbons; Aang's big ears, the hidden Kataang kiss from 202
Korrasami bromance; Older!Aang's beard; Jinora's "Stay away from my dad's ex-girlfriend!"
Hotaru
Chief Crankypants

I will make no such promises.

« Reply #183 on: Apr 21, 2012 12:12 pm »

Mention of the Spirit World! Yeeeeeesssss!

Sweet Spirit World Action please.

I wonder if how much of what Amon is saying is the truth and how much is obscured. I don't expect the conclusion to be simple or straightforward.

Arg that was so good, but now it's the worst time of the week; the longest possible time before more Korra!

Sparkly Sparkly Bush Man!
tophsmygirl
Chief Crankypants

Red scarf, purple knickers + fingerless gloves <3

« Reply #184 on: Apr 21, 2012 12:12 pm »

That's what he claimed. But his eyes went off to the side when he was saying that he has no idea how Amon had that ability. And he was twitchy. Not just shocked that Amon had the ability, but twitchy. Like he was guilty about something. Both signs that he was lying.

:O

What if Tenzin is part of the reason Amon can energybend?

Mind. Blown.

<3 these two! List of artists coming soon. BTW, clicky for my dA account.
And then Bolin will say "Don't answer to Sassy Scarf, it's not manly!" - xrynne
tophness
Chief Crankypants

^ She's a cutie.

« Reply #185 on: Apr 21, 2012 12:13 pm »

Okay, I'm completely lost. I don't see how that's lying at all. What would he be lying about? He only knows that the Avatar can do it.

amyraine
Chief Crankypants

« Reply #186 on: Apr 21, 2012 12:14 pm »

Benders are human beings who can do extraordinary things. Sure, they can use their powers to destroy, but non-benders can use their ingenuity to do the same things. Guns? Bombs? The A-Bomb?

Besides, the usefulness of bending--as many of said--to build, to heal, to power electricity--outweighs the dangers in my eyes.

Although I believe that Amon is lying about his backstory (HEAVILY lying), I still think he genuinely believes his ideals.

It might take genuis level ingenuity to build a bomb or a gun, but once it's built and the instructions are available, anyone can repeat the process and use the weapons. Anyone. That's not true of bending. Bending is and always be limited to those with the talent, and the talent goes to the moral and the amoral alike.

The upsides of bending are amazing, but I don't agree that they outweigh the downsides. Not when the balance of power is so skewed in favor of benders.

If it takes something as powerful as a gun, a bomb or a seriously scary chi-blocking technique just to make yourself equal to a bender, then something is seriously wrong. Non-benders are not equal to benders and that is unfair.

(In before "life is unfair", yes, but that doesn't mean you stop trying to fix it. I agree with the ideals, and so far the Equalists have not murdered for their cause, so I can still support them.)

I noticed the part where Tenzin's eyes looked away briefly before he said, "that's impossible" but my guess is that he was thinking "that's impossible for a non bender, how did he do it?"
Roa
Chief Crankypants

I wish I had some noodles, too bad they bend...

« Reply #187 on: Apr 21, 2012 12:15 pm »

Skoochy mentioned the "Red Monsoon/s". Gang of bloodbenders, anyone?

That is what I thought. That it is a group of only waterbenders, maybe Hama taught someone else. That or someone else figured it out.
Still it is interesting to know that there are other gangs that are out there. It seemed odd that there was only the TTT.

Blanka
Banned Member
Chief Crankypants

« Reply #188 on: Apr 21, 2012 12:16 pm »

But I don't believe Amon's spirit story. Why would spirits want to destroy all bending? They never seemed to care either way. Plus, you know, "one day he woke up and a spirit gave him powers" seems like a really cheap way to create a villain. I believe M&B can do better than that.

I don't think that the Spirits in general side with Amon's view, but there are various spirits with various personalities. We already know about Koh as a dark spirit, so whose to say there's not another one. I don't believe Amon's background story, but I do believe him when he says that a spirit gave him this ability. Amon will be defeated at the end of the season, but it just opens up the man/spirit behind Amon's power. Plus it would make Korra gain spirituality as a character in having such an antagonist to fight against in the second season.
ladysekhmetka
Chief Crankypants

ladysekhmetka ladysekhmetka
« Reply #189 on: Apr 21, 2012 12:16 pm »

*searches for a way to point to the piece* AARGHHHH

Anyway. That piece where Korra mentions to him what was going on? He goes that he has no idea how anyone can have that ability. That it was limited to the Avatar only.

But problem is that he's as bad a liar as his father. The guy had so many tells it was funny.

Yeah, he sure did... He made that statement, they ANIMATED all those tells, makes me wonder...
Luna
Chief Crankypants

Ah, the sound of dying.

« Reply #190 on: Apr 21, 2012 12:17 pm »

May I drop this off? :3

Bolin: *selling stuff in front of Zuko's statue*
Zuko: Ok... I get that lot rent. *takes some money*
Bolin: ...
Zuko: That five yuan that you found off the statue for the fire ferret. *takes five yuan*
Zuko: And that personal grocery loan.  *takes the rest of the money and walks away*
Bolin: O_o
Bolin: What just happened?

Anyway. Carry on. :3

Anywho, Amon freaks me out far more than Ozai was ever able to.
I kind of want to see a fight between Ozai (with bending) and Amon, just to see how it'd turn out.

Also, MAKO CAN LIGHTNING BEND. A BUNCH OF PEOPLE CAN.
MY OVARIES EXPLODED.
I really hope Zuko is able to now honestly.  I'd be kind of disappointed, but I think it'd be cool to see Zuko handle that. Even if that'll never happen.
Lightning kinda lost it's elite status in a way to...

The gangs were awesome.
Triple Threat Triad - Probably the main gang with the most resources and variety.
Red Monsoons - Bloodbenders as stated?
Agni Kais - Firebenders.  Perhaps they're kinda like a Zuko worship cult. xD

It's a classic sig that I can never let go of|I still keep my keeps :]|♥♥♥ Kuzai ♥ Urzai ♥♥♥|President of the Azulon Fan Club|
neverXbroken
Chief Crankypants

« Reply #191 on: Apr 21, 2012 12:18 pm »

Okay, I'm completely lost. I don't see how that's lying at all. What would he be lying about? He only knows that the Avatar can do it.

I don't get it too.

Blanka
Banned Member
Chief Crankypants

« Reply #192 on: Apr 21, 2012 12:18 pm »

It seemed almost alittle too generic to me.... Amon's father may have been killed but i dont think he was burned.... He just used that as simple pathos to gain emotional sympathy from the crowd and for his cause!

Plus I think any bender would call Amon out on his lie with Zuko being a prime example of someone brutally scared who doesn't wear a mask.
Fleur du Feu
Chief Crankypants

Avi by EndlessFlame55 resized by puddlesandmistake

« Reply #193 on: Apr 21, 2012 12:19 pm »

It seemed almost alittle too generic to me.... Amon's father may have been killed but i dont think he was burned.... He just used that as simple pathos to gain emotional sympathy from the crowd and for his cause!

Plus I think any bender would call Amon out on his lie with Zuko being a prime example of someone brutally scared who doesn't wear a mask.

Exactly. It just makes Amon seem like a pansy to me for not showing his face. I mean Zuko shows his face.

Keeps "Ikkirupter",  Mako's moxie, Jinora and Ikki's on-board shipping & Korra's doorbusting definition of 'cautious'. Proud Maiko, Kataang, and Sukka shiper. Sig is by PonDeReplay
Luna
Chief Crankypants

Ah, the sound of dying.

« Reply #194 on: Apr 21, 2012 12:21 pm »

I thought that he used firebenders because it'd possibly strike a chord. Think about it.
The FN waged a big freaking war and they lost.
Perhaps a few renegade firebenders read their history and wanted to be superior or something.
So Amon could be picking at the poulation's slight biased towards firebenders?

Tongue
It made more sense in my head.

It's a classic sig that I can never let go of|I still keep my keeps :]|♥♥♥ Kuzai ♥ Urzai ♥♥♥|President of the Azulon Fan Club|
leech
Chief Crankypants

« Reply #195 on: Apr 21, 2012 12:21 pm »

So what if Amon is indeed Aang and Katara's son Bumi who is not actually a non-bender but who inherited Aang's ability to energybend?...

Keeper of:
Mai's "Just take the bear"
Iroh's "The secret ingredient is love"
Zuko's "I have changed"
Sokka's "Please accept this humble and tasty offering! Thank you"
tophness
Chief Crankypants

^ She's a cutie.

« Reply #196 on: Apr 21, 2012 12:22 pm »

You really can't inherit the ability to energybend, it's a skill. And not that "Amon is Bumi" theory again...Tongue

leech
Chief Crankypants

« Reply #197 on: Apr 21, 2012 12:23 pm »

Yeah, yeah, I know... I hate the theory, too, actually. Sorry.

Keeper of:
Mai's "Just take the bear"
Iroh's "The secret ingredient is love"
Zuko's "I have changed"
Sokka's "Please accept this humble and tasty offering! Thank you"
Fleur du Feu
Chief Crankypants

Avi by EndlessFlame55 resized by puddlesandmistake

« Reply #198 on: Apr 21, 2012 12:24 pm »

I thought that he used firebenders because it'd possibly strike a chord. Think about it.
The FN waged a big freaking war and they lost.
Perhaps a few renegade firebenders read their history and wanted to be superior or something.
So Amon could be picking at the poulation's slight biased towards firebenders?

Tongue
It made more sense in my head.

It makes sense outside of your head too.

And I agree with Tophness. Amon is not Bumi.

Keeps "Ikkirupter",  Mako's moxie, Jinora and Ikki's on-board shipping & Korra's doorbusting definition of 'cautious'. Proud Maiko, Kataang, and Sukka shiper. Sig is by PonDeReplay
aa623
Chief Crankypants

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #199 on: Apr 21, 2012 12:24 pm »

Aang and Katara could only have a Water, Air, or Nonbender. They happened to have one of each. Aang couldn't have an Energybender because that's an Avatar-only ability.

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: