May 24, 2017 06:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: pick. PIIIIIIICK (up to five)
Korra - 305 (27.7%)
Asami - 194 (17.6%)
Lin Bei Fong - 80 (7.3%)
Pema - 24 (2.2%)
Jinora - 52 (4.7%)
Ikki - 10 (0.9%)
Older!Katara - 7 (0.6%)
Senna - 31 (2.8%)
Kya - 32 (2.9%)
Zuko's bespectacled daughter, Firelord Izumi - 24 (2.2%)
Other - 2 (0.2%)
Older!Toph - 20 (1.8%)
Eska - 18 (1.6%)
Ming Hua - 9 (0.8%)
P'li - 34 (3.1%)
Opal - 94 (8.5%)
Suyin Beifong - 42 (3.8%)
Zhu Li - 42 (3.8%)
Ginger - 14 (1.3%)
Earth Queen - 2 (0.2%)
Kuvira - 66 (6%)
Total Voters: 492

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TLOK girl poll for the guyzz (and galzz) in ASN  (Read 108295 times)
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #875 on: Feb 25, 2015 08:27 pm »

If I refused to date girls who could wreck me on impulse, I'd die alone.

No further comment.

Spiritwhisperer
Forum Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #876 on: Feb 25, 2015 10:44 pm »

If I refused to date girls who could wreck me on impulse, I'd die alone.

No further comment.

Just keep your back to the wall and something in the vicinity to dive behind for cover at all times for the remainder of your life and you should have a safe datingexperience.

"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
shorewall
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yeah, baby!

« Reply #877 on: Feb 26, 2015 01:18 am »

That's so sexist! So any female bender is automatically unattractive? Tongue

Nonsense, not only did we ever imply that, but the existence of Korra and pretty much every other female bender disproves the statement resoundingly Cheesy

I just wouldn't be too quick to date an unpredictable female bender with the power to tear you to shreds at her very fingertips, regardless of her atractiveness. I wouldn't discount the possibility entirely either; I'd just be wary Smiley

That's part of the (unhealthy I'm sure Tongue) appeal.  It's an adrenaline rush!  Or as Nel from Bleach said, "It's no fun if I don't cry a little!"  Cheesy

What, don't look at me with pity!  Cheesy

"The true mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can tough the poison of hatred without being harmed. Since beginning-less time, darkness thrives in the void but always yields to purifying light."
Tamerlan Pahlavi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Selam, Sahib

« Reply #878 on: Feb 26, 2015 01:28 am »

Would you prefer disgust and derision? I can do that. Though, I know where you're coming from and how you likely feel I'm just not into it anymore.

All my written material is free of any and all copyright, it can be used freely for everyone's inspiration
shorewall
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yeah, baby!

« Reply #879 on: Feb 26, 2015 06:01 am »

Would you prefer disgust and derision? I can do that. Though, I know where you're coming from and how you likely feel I'm just not into it anymore.

I'm half joking.  Assertive girls like that do appeal to me, but I know where to draw the line in real life.  I'm not willing to put myself in a bad position.  (But maybe I could change them!  Cheesy  Only with the fictional girls.  Tongue)

"The true mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can tough the poison of hatred without being harmed. Since beginning-less time, darkness thrives in the void but always yields to purifying light."
vanderpn
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Korvira Trash

« Reply #880 on: Mar 25, 2015 08:48 pm »

Keeper of Zutaraang; Kuvira's eyebrows, Kuvira's gloves, the Colossus, and Korvira <3
shorewall
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yeah, baby!

« Reply #881 on: Mar 25, 2015 09:08 pm »

Cheesy  I also see a lot of these for Korra.  Just another thing they have in common.  Grin

Amon Guy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I am the Solution

« Reply #882 on: Mar 26, 2015 01:17 am »

One of us! One of us!

Welcome vanderpn!
mmoon24
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #883 on: Mar 26, 2015 09:31 pm »

I'd be very curious to know how Asami looks without makeup. Seems like even in the middle of the night, she's prepped for any occasion lol.
Flipdark95
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #884 on: Mar 26, 2015 09:52 pm »

^ There's a entire tumblr dedicated to it. http://asamiwithnomakeup.tumblr.com/

The thing is, it kind of works in some scenes and doesn't in others, but it's fairly decent overall.

« Last Edit: Mar 26, 2015 09:54 pm by Flipdark95 » Logged

Dare to be Badass.

Changing Elements
Rising Tide
Breaking Ice
Raging Flame[
mmoon24
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #885 on: Mar 26, 2015 10:19 pm »

I'm having a hard time getting used to this lol. Almost as if something seems off. Then again, I'm one for natural beauty so these sort of transformations throw me for quite a loop.

Also...that tumblr user creeps me out with some of her posts.
« Last Edit: Mar 26, 2015 10:21 pm by mmoon24 » Logged
Flipdark95
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #886 on: Mar 26, 2015 10:32 pm »

^ Yeah, it's kind of hit and miss. Although the image I posted is probably one of the best ones. The problem is that she's never seen without lipstick on in the show, so it's really jarring to see her drawn like everyone else.

Dare to be Badass.

Changing Elements
Rising Tide
Breaking Ice
Raging Flame[
Spiritwhisperer
Forum Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #887 on: Mar 27, 2015 02:27 pm »

What jars me is that people usually remove her lips entirely when removing the makeup. I saw one recently where she still had defined lips (just without lipstick) and it looked pretty decent.

Ah, here it is:

source
« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2015 02:30 pm by Spiritwhisperer » Logged

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
mmoon24
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #888 on: Mar 27, 2015 03:44 pm »

Now I want to see Korra with makeup lol.
shorewall
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yeah, baby!

« Reply #889 on: Mar 27, 2015 04:43 pm »

What jars me is that people usually remove her lips entirely when removing the makeup. I saw one recently where she still had defined lips (just without lipstick) and it looked pretty decent.

Ah, here it is:

http://41.media.tumblr.com/3d050e3a755724050200c22bb9963a68/tumblr_nhqu8wEYRP1sy2fyvo1_1280.png
source

Oh man, that picture is adorbs.  And the quote is just divine.  Cheesy 

I also loved Azula when she wasn't wearing her makeup.  Smiley

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I can't think of anything clever to say.

« Reply #890 on: Mar 27, 2015 05:02 pm »

I've said many times before how I dislike Asami's character design but her without make up is a big improvement imo.

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
Flipdark95
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #891 on: Mar 27, 2015 07:41 pm »

^ I really wished they had actually done it in the show a few times. Realistically she shouldn't have been wearing makeup when the Red Lotus kidnapped Korra, and probably shouldn't have been wearing it when they were hunting them down afterwards.

Heck, it would have been neat if she had stopped wearing make up when Korra was handicapped as a show of support for her.

Dare to be Badass.

Changing Elements
Rising Tide
Breaking Ice
Raging Flame[
vanderpn
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Korvira Trash

« Reply #892 on: Mar 27, 2015 09:12 pm »

I also loved Azula when she wasn't wearing her makeup.  Smiley

I know, right. I love her in that scene in The Awakening.

Man Asami, you know there's something wrong when you make Azula seem like the sane one for not wearing makeup to bed  Wink

Keeper of Zutaraang; Kuvira's eyebrows, Kuvira's gloves, the Colossus, and Korvira <3
shorewall
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yeah, baby!

« Reply #893 on: Mar 28, 2015 12:19 am »

^ I really wished they had actually done it in the show a few times. Realistically she shouldn't have been wearing makeup when the Red Lotus kidnapped Korra, and probably shouldn't have been wearing it when they were hunting them down afterwards.

Heck, it would have been neat if she had stopped wearing make up when Korra was handicapped as a show of support for her.

It seems shoddy.  You can't alter her character enough to have her without makeup for the few scenes where it makes sense?  Eh.

As Vanderpn said, even Azula knew when to go au naturale.

Flipdark95
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #894 on: Mar 28, 2015 12:21 am »

^ Eh, I'm sure they just didn't think to draw her without makeup. There's really only a few moments in the episodes where she realistically wouldn't have had time to put it on. Although I honestly think this is just nitpicking now.

Azula specifically has that scene at a time where she definitely wouldn't have any make up on, while there aren't any scenes in LOK that take place in the bedroom or when Asami wouldn't have time to put makeup on.

Again, this is all getting into nitpicking territory. Its really a very small issue to me. Not really important enough to be shoddy.

Dare to be Badass.

Changing Elements
Rising Tide
Breaking Ice
Raging Flame[
shorewall
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yeah, baby!

« Reply #895 on: Mar 28, 2015 11:14 am »

^ Eh, I'm sure they just didn't think to draw her without makeup. There's really only a few moments in the episodes where she realistically wouldn't have had time to put it on. Although I honestly think this is just nitpicking now.

Azula specifically has that scene at a time where she definitely wouldn't have any make up on, while there aren't any scenes in LOK that take place in the bedroom or when Asami wouldn't have time to put makeup on.

Again, this is all getting into nitpicking territory. Its really a very small issue to me. Not really important enough to be shoddy.

Asami had time to put on makeup when Korra was being kidnapped in the middle of the night?  (Or does she sleep in perfectly applied makeup?)  She wore makeup in the pool?  Yeah, I call that lack of care.

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #896 on: Mar 30, 2015 08:32 pm »

Well, it's not like they cared about any other aspect of Asami's character. Making an alternative character model for no makeup would have been more effort than she really merited.

shorewall
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yeah, baby!

« Reply #897 on: Mar 30, 2015 08:56 pm »

Well, it's not like they cared about any other aspect of Asami's character. Making an alternative character model for no makeup would have been more effort than she really merited.

Seriously.  Tongue

Wait, what?  ...apparently she was the canon love interest all along?  Oh...so maybe she did merit more care?  Oh well, too late now.  Cheesy

Spiritwhisperer
Forum Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #898 on: Apr 01, 2015 12:38 pm »

If I recall correctly Asami actually disappeared from that scene during some of the shots (and there's been times when her outfit changed from shot-to-shot). I don't think the animators cared that much either Cheesy

Flipdark95
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #899 on: Apr 01, 2015 09:50 pm »

^ Are you talking about the Red Lotus attack in Zaofu? She was there for the whole thing, but just couldn't do anything. She was in the background basically.

There have been a few times where her outfit changed from shot to shot, but the only really noticeable scene that comes to mind is Episode 8, shortly before they head out to stop the Equalists on their patrol. The animators made similar mistakes with Korra's outfit in Book 2 as well at the beginning.

Dare to be Badass.

Changing Elements
Rising Tide
Breaking Ice
Raging Flame[
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: