May 22, 2017 08:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grieves Does Avatar Art: 14/07 Older Katara  (Read 21690 times)
Atari
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #75 on: Jul 20, 2012 01:11 am »

You are crazy, Blu.

xD

Love the propaganda poster~
Mr Grieves
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #76 on: Sep 05, 2012 12:15 am »

A belated thank you to all of you for your comments. Especially johnmacklin26 who is no longer with us.

I drew something depicting Aang encountering a spirit in the Spirit World.

dA link: http://billytwo.deviantart.com/#/d5dqhov

Feels good to bump this thread again.
« Last Edit: Sep 05, 2012 01:11 am by Mr Grieves » Logged
djinn
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Fish genetics is a very small field

« Reply #77 on: Sep 05, 2012 01:57 am »

Spectacular! I love the detail, Mr. Grieves. This is amazing and my favourite part is the spirit's nose. So much detail...I need to examine this closer.

guitarfreak
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

bamfs~

« Reply #78 on: Sep 05, 2012 11:18 am »

why do i get the feeling you were high when drawing this? Tongue
it gives off this awesome, trippy, high-on-crack feeling, but at the same time, so intricate
the details are crazy, fantastic piece~

Tira
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Has a tendency to write wall-of-text posts ^^;

« Reply #79 on: Sep 05, 2012 04:04 pm »

Giant flying cheeseballs...!  This is just so freaking incredible.  I can't get over all the details and the absolutely wonderful style.  This must have taken you ages!

Seriously, I don't even know what to say...except maybe "wow!"  I literally just about gasped when I saw this.  It's gorgeous.

Cerulean
Global Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #80 on: Sep 05, 2012 09:22 pm »

Seriously. There are no words to describe how much I love this.
Avapony
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

You're gonna need some upgrades

« Reply #81 on: Sep 05, 2012 09:35 pm »

How do you...

How the heck do you DO this?! It's too amazing for words, I can't even...

Just...

Oh my god...

Wags
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #82 on: Dec 11, 2012 06:06 pm »

That spirit world picture blows my mind. I saved it to my computer.

Your style in general is bold and detailed, really digging it. The line work is phenomenal. You could be a tattoo artist. You demonstrate plentiful variety of shapes and textures with the lines, especially in that recent picture.

The only element I think you could work more on is human anatomy and proportion. You drew a picture of Mako in what looked like an action pose, but his body appeared rather short (he is tall and his limbs are long) and the hands and feet didn't quite look right. I think you may have posted it a while back, though. I just kind of briefly looked at the drawings and that's what I picked up.

Otherwise, this is all really amazing work. I love it.

And life, that sets all things in rhyme
May make you poet, too, in time
But there were days, O tender elf
When you were poetry itself!
-Christopher Morely
Tongone
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #83 on: Dec 12, 2012 05:39 pm »

GRIEVES.

STOP.

>:|

You are so talented, and I'm not just throwing that word out there. You just seem to have a natural gift for these types of designs. They would not look out of place in a museum whatsoever. You need to switch bodies with me so that I can possess these skills. In my body.
LittleBigPerson
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

One does not simply deny Sackboy's adorable smile

« Reply #84 on: Dec 13, 2012 08:55 pm »

Holy mother of god...

Now this is just incredible.  Just beautiful.  I'm seriously at a loss for words...

Keeper of Tenzin's glorious beard, Korra's "Woo Hoo!", and Aang's "Everything is Connected."  Toph13139 and I are twins, even our hugs are fueled by twin power. Grin
Dorky
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Just get down to biz my ninja!

« Reply #85 on: Dec 14, 2012 09:48 am »

I don't know what to say, so I'll let this gif illustrate my reaction:

-Triplets with Smellerbee & RomoineRawr-

icon credit
Toph13139
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Four for you, Glen Coco! You go, Glen Coco!

« Reply #86 on: Dec 23, 2012 09:08 pm »

*chokes on food*

*dies*

*of awesomeness*

Mr Grieves
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #87 on: Mar 16, 2013 06:56 am »

That spirit world picture blows my mind. I saved it to my computer.

Your style in general is bold and detailed, really digging it. The line work is phenomenal. You could be a tattoo artist. You demonstrate plentiful variety of shapes and textures with the lines, especially in that recent picture.

The only element I think you could work more on is human anatomy and proportion. You drew a picture of Mako in what looked like an action pose, but his body appeared rather short (he is tall and his limbs are long) and the hands and feet didn't quite look right. I think you may have posted it a while back, though. I just kind of briefly looked at the drawings and that's what I picked up.

Otherwise, this is all really amazing work. I love it.

Thanks for the in depth comment! Yes, human anatomy (and anatomy in general) is my biggest weakness still, although that Mako is quite old now. And I've even sketchier when it comes to anime style Cheesy

And thanks to everyone else! Its always kind of amusing when you get comments for something and then it gets bumped a month later and get a whole bunch more comments (its happened a couple of times with that drawing actually) Cheesy

Entry for a villain contest on another forum. Its Aang and Koh and I just cranked the contrast up to oblivion, yolo.

A couple of Angry Mako Animal Bookmarks™
« Last Edit: Mar 16, 2013 08:21 am by Mr Grieves » Logged
nukilik
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I tried!

« Reply #88 on: Mar 16, 2013 03:17 pm »

I LOVE THE KOH! The dimension, intimidating character placement and shading you've got there is great! And I think the high contrast really works. I didn't even know there was a constest until now. But I think I know who to vote for Shocked

Also, you know I deeply love the Mako bookmarks. The mix of adorablenes with Mako lines is great. And the eyebrows/scarf kill me XD
« Last Edit: Mar 16, 2013 03:23 pm by nukilik » Logged
King Kazma
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

~~KSRF~~

« Reply #89 on: Mar 16, 2013 04:28 pm »

This is really cool! I love the atmosphere it has, and all the little details. O:

The newer Koh one is great too. The way you recreated the scene in your own style while still leaving the "essence" of Aang and Koh is awesome. Like, they look completely different from the show but they're still instantly recognizable.

And the Animal Mako bookmarks. xD
Noirsam
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #90 on: Mar 16, 2013 05:44 pm »

I love how you made Koh (current) face look more like a leather piece he glue to his face.

Unlike the china mask look in ATLA.

Sig made by Dorky.
Tongone
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #91 on: Mar 16, 2013 10:18 pm »

Dude, you seriously need to go illustrate abridged versions of classic novels. You know, like the short adapted versions of Mark Twain novels that are 120 pages long with a 20 point font and targeted towards 6 year olds. Tongue That Koh drawing looks like something that I read out an adapted version of Huckleberry Finn back when I was 6. It's almost nostalgic to look at it.
guitarfreak
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

bamfs~

« Reply #92 on: Mar 28, 2013 10:53 am »

that koh piece...asdfghjkl
i love how you jacked up the contrast Cheesy i reckon it really made the whole thing come together
you're interpretation of koh is really cool, more realistic as well
and just a fantastic job on the shading and playing with the light and shadows!

those mako bookmarks are pretty cool too, but i'm afraid that koh piece just overshadows it~

djinn
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #93 on: Mar 29, 2013 01:10 am »

Koh and Aang is my favourite scene ever in Avatar. I love your take on it. And now Mako is an animal and I take him even less seriously. I didn't think that was possible but somehow you managed it, thank you Smiley

Mr Grieves
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #94 on: May 16, 2013 08:18 am »

Thanks everyone!!

Also, you know I deeply love the Mako bookmarks. The mix of adorablenes with Mako lines is great. And the eyebrows/scarf kill me XD

Your support means so much to me. I need to do another one of those sometime. I'm terrible at starting projects and not finishing them.

This is really cool! I love the atmosphere it has, and all the little details. O:

I need to do something like this again too Lips sealed Where did you gooo Kaz

Noirsam: Yeah man, leather from the hides of faceless cows. dark stuff

Tongone: Geez, I didn't realise Huck Finn was so frightening. And you pretty much described my dream job, I'd love to illustrate books for a living.

GF: Maybe I ought to jack up the contrast more often. Its a technique I like to call 'con-BLAST'

Djinn: Is that a good thing?? Cos it certainly doesn't sound like a hard thing to do Cheesy

I call this one 'Irresponsible Procrastination':

I've never seen it, but I love the art style of Tatami Galaxy so I tried to have a little of that here.

I hope Icy comes in and criticises my Chinese Cheesy
djinn
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #95 on: May 16, 2013 07:15 pm »

Aang is and shall always be my favourite. Lovely work! I can only read some of that Chinese; what does it say?

Tongone
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #96 on: May 17, 2013 02:13 am »

I always love your variation between thick and thin lines in a single piece. And wait, did you ink the test as well? o.o It looks so clean and precise! o.o
Inkwell
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #97 on: May 17, 2013 02:24 am »

Grieves, you've got a really beautiful art nouveau-like style which I love. Your inkwork is excellent and it's clear you master many styles of art.
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #98 on: May 17, 2013 07:49 am »

I hope Icy comes in and criticises my Chinese Cheesy
Someone called me? =P

It looks good, I like the calligraphy style. The second character is just very slightly off due to the bottom stroke joining the upper stroke but otherwise, everything else looks good and legible!

Aang is and shall always be my favourite. Lovely work! I can only read some of that Chinese; what does it say?
"Aang's story". It's shown in the title card of Aang's tale as seen in "Tales of Ba Sing Se".

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Mr Grieves
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #99 on: Jul 13, 2015 09:08 am »

Been playing around with styles and had a go at an older Katara portrait thing? Took major liberties but ah well

Tumblr link: http://telecrazer.tumblr.com/post/123979117944/had-a-crack-at-an-older-katara-from-avatar-the
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: