Apr 25, 2017 12:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grieves Does Avatar Art: 14/07 Older Katara  (Read 21533 times)
Squidgee Moot
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2012 08:08 pm »

This is a little (seriously, this and the Mako one are actually pretty small on paper!) pen doodle of the South Pole and the night sky above it. Criticism and comments would be appreciated~

Man.... that is great! Really get a sense of the glow of it.
djinn
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Fish genetics is a very small field

« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2012 03:48 am »

Jai Guru Deva Om,
Nothing's gonna change my world
Nothing's gonna change my world!

Stop this now, I mean it. It's making me like Makorra for actual shipping reasons and not simply for laughs. And we can't have that, really.

Alec
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2012 05:56 am »

This is a little (seriously, this and the Mako one are actually pretty small on paper!) pen doodle of the South Pole and the night sky above it. Criticism and comments would be appreciated~

Grieves I need you to come over to my house and draw on my walls please.

This drawing actually encapsulates the feeling of what its like to go out onto a grassland/plains area where there's no houses or lights and you can just look up at the sky and... absorb. Pick out pieces of the universe and try and formulate them into being a pattern, or some sort of logical structure that you can be comfortable with. This... I like it.

Also, I had no idea you were such a serious shipper.  Tongue
PrincessBlazefire
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Genji got NO chill

« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2012 01:25 pm »

OMG Grieves, I love that Makorra pic soooooo much, I can't even tell you Cheesy Just..... <3<3<3~ X3

Fleur du Feu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avi by EndlessFlame55 resized by puddlesandmistake

« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2012 08:18 pm »

I love the Makorra piece. The way you use black and white to create such a dynamic piece just boggles my mind. I love the facial expressions on Korra and Mako, and the background is also awesome.

Keeps "Ikkirupter",  Mako's moxie, Jinora and Ikki's on-board shipping & Korra's doorbusting definition of 'cautious'. Proud Maiko, Kataang, and Sukka shiper. Sig is by PonDeReplay
Mr Grieves
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2012 06:54 am »

Wow thanks for the comments everyone. I figured a shipping piece would interest you all Tongue

GF: Whoa I'm glad you think so highly of it. I was actually pretty pleased with it too, definitely among the best things I've done so far. You may definitely use it as a background, go ahead. And I'd never post my own art in the shipping thread but go ahead Cheesy And that Asami one was about half the length of my hand or something?

Dorky: Greatly do I approve of this comment. Greatly.

Ubernoob: So yeah, I actually took this on board with this latest update so I hope its what you kind of maybe had in mind? Cheesy

Cathy: Reality is way too hard to draw so f*ck it!

Toph13139: Once again...I hope this update does it for you Cheesy And thanks, your face-drawing technique is definitely coming in handy believe me.

Avapony: Thanks for checking in Grin A lot of calls for R-City posters it seems...

Kazma: Thanks for all the support man, it means a lot to me.

Squidgee: Glad you like that one! And the glow too, because I was a little unhappy at how I worked that one after scanning - but a few people seem to disagree with me so... Cheesy

Djinn: Just admit that you're a shipper geez. And I could have made this a song fan art to be honest - the only time I approve of music based fan works is when its music I like I suppose Tongue

Alec: I already responded to you via a deep, meaningful PM convo but thanks once again. Oh yes, I am a very very serious shipper. Let that be known.

PBF: Are you a Makorra shipper then? Regardless, glad you enjoyed it Cheesy

Fleur: Wow thank you! I think the varying use of line widths and the shapes and composition is what's important when you don't have colour. The comments on the facial expressions please me also because I've been really trying to improve how I handle those.

Ok so here's a poster for a Republic City leisure airship company or something. I'm not entirely sure what this style is called but I was looking to create something along the lines of a Chris Ware drawing, who often uses a very...flat perspective, but still creates a dynamic look through shading and whatnot. I tried to capture some of that. I hope I didn't screw up my Chinese lettering either Cheesy

dA link: http://billytwo.deviantart.com/#/d50b141
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012 10:04 pm by Mr Grieves » Logged
Ubern00b
On Probation
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Moar Avatar makes me happy in my smile parts!

« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2012 10:41 am »

Not enough yes in the whole damn world!  Sepia tone that and send it off to Bryke for mass production!

SeaFooAllyson
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Flameo Noodles - The noodley-est noodles in RC ;)

« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2012 11:47 am »

You have such a unique style! I wish I knew how you did most of these and your inspirations for the backgrounds. They're simply amazing <3 Love your art work Grin

I started the Awesomesauce saying around here! <3Mako/Korra/Bolin<3 Mako/Bolin's hair and eye's=SEXY!
Sig and Icon by Plushu!
djinn
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2012 08:19 pm »

Nice! Blimps, ships, satomobiles ahoy! And I agree with Ubern00b, I'd like to see this in sepia.

Mr Grieves
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2012 08:49 pm »

Well here's a sepia version.

Also, I'm really having problems with photobucket and deviantart changing the quality of my things and making them look worse. Does anyone have ANY tips? Even with this one, the lines of the smoke seem to marred by pixelly white bits :/
Avapony
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

You're gonna need some upgrades

« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2012 09:00 pm »

Hmm, the only thing I would ask is if you saved the image as JPEG instead of PNG. Because JEPG creates the pixely things. But other than that, I have no clue whatsoever.

Fleur du Feu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avi by EndlessFlame55 resized by puddlesandmistake

« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2012 10:00 pm »

I really like both the color and the sepia versions. As for the pixels, Avapony already said as much as I know.

Keeps "Ikkirupter",  Mako's moxie, Jinora and Ikki's on-board shipping & Korra's doorbusting definition of 'cautious'. Proud Maiko, Kataang, and Sukka shiper. Sig is by PonDeReplay
guitarfreak
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

bamfs~

« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2012 01:25 am »

yay! i't looks awesome on my desktop XD

i personally like the colored one better~ the color scheme in that is lovely!
the words mean 'air' right? Cheesy
....right?!

Mr Grieves
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2012 10:31 am »

Ubernoob: Thanks man, I'm glad you liked the result cos that was partly your doing Cheesy

SeaFoo: Thank you! As for inspiration and how I do them...I dunno. I just sit down and draw. I also definitely worry more about composition than conveying an actual scene in most cases which helps.

Djinn: That reminded me of Tintin for some reason...thanks for stopping by as usual!

Avapony: Ah thanks, that's actually really helpful. This latest one is a PNG and it looks better I think.

Fleur: Thanks, I was leaning towards the colour one myself. And its the one I posted on dA I guess Tongue

GF: Yeah they mean air...or at least they ought to :| Thanks as usual Smiley

Here I wanted to go for a striking tri-colour propaganda poster for Amon and the Equalists. I eventually settled on using two shades of red however. I'd love to get some feedback on this~

dA link: http://billytwo.deviantart.com/#/d50p5ru
SeaFooAllyson
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Flameo Noodles - The noodley-est noodles in RC ;)

« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2012 03:33 pm »

I LOVE It! Shocked The Red really makes it pop, and brings out the "evil" in Amon Cheesy
The only thing that bugs me that isn't even a big deal ( I just seem to always thinks its cool from the episodes) Is Amon's fancy little expressive mouth-hole. We must not's forget his mouth-hole Wink How else is he to hid his face and speak without sounding all muffled? Cheesy I'm just messing with you Tongue

I started the Awesomesauce saying around here! <3Mako/Korra/Bolin<3 Mako/Bolin's hair and eye's=SEXY!
Sig and Icon by Plushu!
PrincessBlazefire
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Genji got NO chill

« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2012 03:38 pm »

That ship is awesome. I really love the sepia tone one; it looks really cool Cheesy

The Amon pic though..... holy fudge. Can I get a print of that for my room? 8D

iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2012 05:59 pm »

The sepia ones really cool! That and the Amon one would be awesome posters in r/l.

Sigs are for the weak
djinn
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2012 01:52 am »

I think it's a great propoganda poster. It's striking and Amon looks like a visionary with his eyes on the future. Very inspiring Smiley

guitarfreak
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

bamfs~

« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2012 06:41 am »

asdfghjkl, propaganda poster...this reminds me of shepard fairey!!! love that guy's work~

i think it would be cooler if you went with a shade of yellow instead of white?
here's some of his work, and i think the combination of colors he use is really striking and just plain awesome Cheesy
just an idea Smiley

1  2 3

King Kazma
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

~~KSRF~~

« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2012 07:46 pm »

Loving the airship and the Amon poster, very cool.

I really like the way you used color in these, subtle, but effective.
Toph13139
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Four for you, Glen Coco! You go, Glen Coco!

« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2012 07:39 pm »

AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

I LOVE THESE POSTERS SO MUCH, I WANT TO PRINT THEM SO MUCH. AND I WILL. OH GOD. THIS IS GREAT.

Ubern00b
On Probation
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Moar Avatar makes me happy in my smile parts!

« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2012 12:41 am »

ConfusedShipper123
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2012 12:47 am »

I love your posters. This recent Amon poster is really striking as a piece of propaganda--it's very convincing. The shadows are perfect for the tone you convey and I think the two shades of red fit very well, even if originally not intended. Your sense of contrast always amazes me. Great job, Grieves. Smiley
Tongone
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #73 on: Jun 21, 2012 06:50 pm »

Grieves, since when did you possess such a talent?! D: You never once mentioned such a gift! I love your black-and white pieces the most-- the contrast of the ink against paper mixed in with your eye for detail left me awestruck! You are a great illustrator!
johnmacklin26
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #74 on: Jul 10, 2012 11:42 am »

Its his go is asking you a concern. I always battle with color, though I think this one could perhaps use some. While I'm informing her that, I should probably tell you that she likes your pro-bending design.

Tattoo Guns and other Tattoo Supplies from leading Xtreme Tattoo.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: