Aug 17, 2017 09:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grieves Does Avatar Art: 14/07 Older Katara  (Read 22159 times)
guitarfreak
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

bamfs~

« Reply #25 on: Apr 12, 2012 06:24 am »

at first i meant the one on our right, but now that you mention it....that could be fine, and then vice versa....
anything as long as both eyes are the same-ish XD

Mr Grieves
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #26 on: Apr 12, 2012 09:07 am »

Ah I see. Well thanks for the comment and critique~

Here's an experiment in ink featuring Naga and a pup.

« Last Edit: Apr 12, 2012 09:09 am by Mr Grieves » Logged
guitarfreak
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

bamfs~

« Reply #27 on: Apr 12, 2012 09:12 am »

that was a quick update Tongue
i really like the contrast the thick lines bring to the table, and the shading is awesome!
the little pup is also adorable~
the only thing i'd say is maybe some more shading on naga to show her fur?

PrincessBlazefire
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Genji got NO chill

« Reply #28 on: Apr 12, 2012 08:35 pm »

Korra looks pretty good Smiley Like gf said, the eyes look a little off, but that may just be the angle of her face Cheesy

The Naga pic however..... OMG. I am dying from the cute X3 If they ever show polar bear-dog puppies in the show, I think I may explode xP

iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #29 on: Apr 12, 2012 09:00 pm »

That's really cool! I like the thick lines. And I love the way you drew Naga.

Sigs are for the weak
Fleur du Feu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avi by EndlessFlame55 resized by puddlesandmistake

« Reply #30 on: Apr 13, 2012 12:26 pm »

I also like the thick lines. The varience in thickness really adds depth to what is a simple, but lovley drawing. I also like the fur effect you achieved on Naga's fur. It's hard to shade with ink, and you did well.

edit: You made me want Naga to have puppycubs  Cheesy

Keeps "Ikkirupter",  Mako's moxie, Jinora and Ikki's on-board shipping & Korra's doorbusting definition of 'cautious'. Proud Maiko, Kataang, and Sukka shiper. Sig is by PonDeReplay
King Kazma
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

~~KSRF~~

« Reply #31 on: Apr 13, 2012 01:30 pm »

Love your style, the thick lines look great when used like this Smiley The shading of the fur on Naga is a really neat effect too Shocked
djinn
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Fish genetics is a very small field

« Reply #32 on: Apr 17, 2012 05:28 am »

I love the style in this pic. Sorta reminds me of tribal art work. I like it alot Smiley

Ubern00b
On Probation
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Moar Avatar makes me happy in my smile parts!

« Reply #33 on: Apr 17, 2012 11:40 am »

I'm trying to wrap my head around that texture.  What is it, cause it works great for Naga.

Toph13139
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Four for you, Glen Coco! You go, Glen Coco!

« Reply #34 on: Apr 22, 2012 10:06 pm »

Grieves! Grieves, you're amazing! Grieves! We gotta team up, mate! We have to! Grieves! This is AMAZING!

Mr Grieves
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2012 07:14 am »

Thanks for the comments everyone!

GF: Yeah I wasn't sure whether I was in danger of overdoing the shading or not...its definitely more prominent on paper I'd say.

PBF: Damn the angle of her face :/ I thought you may enjoy Naga pups though Cheesy

Washer: Cool, thanks. My lines just keep getting thicker it seems.

Fleur: Ah glad you liked the shading. It was a bit of a fluke really but I was pretty pleased with how it turned out all things considered.

Kazma: Thanks man, again with the shading it was just something that sort of happened when my brush ran dry.

Djinn: Hmm interesting comparison. I definitely see it. I love it when you draw links like this that I may or may not have actually considered Cheesy

Ubernoob: Yeah its basically just a synthetic brush with ink that's run a bit dry. Then just...mush it round a bit. The texture of the paper probably helped here, I don't know if that would have looked as good on computer paper or something.

Toph: WE STILL HAVEN'T TEAMED UP YET! We'll have to one day though~

So since the deadline is past, here's my entry for the ASN banner contest, which I basically just drew and scanned and arranged really.

And, thanks to some help from Toph13139, I've been working on my heads and figures so here's a couple of Avatar-related ones: Asami and Mako.

Not a very exciting update I'm afraid but I promise I'll be back with something better at some point in the near future.
King Kazma
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

~~KSRF~~

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2012 10:21 pm »

Very unique banner design, I like it!

The Asami and Mako pieces are simple, but there is something really elegant about them. Smiley
Fleur du Feu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avi by EndlessFlame55 resized by puddlesandmistake

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2012 10:29 pm »

I really like your banner design! I love that you drew it rather than just using screenshots, as Kazma said, its a very unique design!

I like the Mako and Asami drawings as well, the varience in the line width adds so much intrest, I just love the way ou use ink.

Keeps "Ikkirupter",  Mako's moxie, Jinora and Ikki's on-board shipping & Korra's doorbusting definition of 'cautious'. Proud Maiko, Kataang, and Sukka shiper. Sig is by PonDeReplay
djinn
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Fish genetics is a very small field

« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2012 01:21 am »

Nice banner! I recognise the character for peace (ping) but not the other one... Asami looks like she's ready to play some basketball. And kill the competition in the process Cheesy I love it. Interesting style on Mako, I like his pose. What did Toph13139 help you with, exactly? I recognise some of her style here.

iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2012 01:25 am »

I really like the banner! Like everyone said, its unique, but I also like how its just black and white. (And blue, I guess. Tongue )

Sigs are for the weak
guitarfreak
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

bamfs~

« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2012 10:03 am »

love your banner!

hmmm for the drawings i like the mako one better because of the way you colored that piece
i dunno it seems more...elegant, like kaz said Cheesy
the asami one is good too, but i prefer the mako style a lot more~

Toph13139
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2012 10:50 am »

Yay! My advices are working! I really like the banner though. It's a shame you couldn't enter it on time (or you did?). Again, I really like your style. It's so unique and yours are the kind of drawings one sees and can say "oh, this is definitely Grieves'". I guess I mean that your style is very... You. Yeah. And no one's youer than you. XD And you still owe me a team-up!

Mr Grieves
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2012 05:45 am »

Kazma: Thank you, with the Mako one I was going for a smoother sort of thing. The look of that ended up being a little inspired by Tintin, particularly the spotlight image often associated with the animated series.

Fleur: Thanks, I really had to draw it because I am terrible at making graphics Cheesy

djinn: Together they mean equality (and I even asked Icy for confirmation :p). And Toph helped me mainly with the drawing of heads, giving me a good technique where the head is divided into two parts, an initial oval shape and then the lower part of the face however you want it. Thanks!

Washer: Thank you, I'm just hoping its blue enough for the mods Lips sealed

GF: Haha thanks for the help by the way when I was making it~ The Asami one, to be honest, was just a small little quick drawing at the bottom of a crowded piece of paper, but I happened to like it more than any of the other figures I drew that day.

Toph13139: Yeah thanks for the tips! Oh no, I entered on the second day or something. Its just that they suggested not posting them anywhere while the contest was going, lest it compromise our chances. And we definitely need to team up, I'll get on that.

Here is...Makorra in space:

dA link: http://billytwo.deviantart.com/#/d4zbleh
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012 10:06 pm by Mr Grieves » Logged
guitarfreak
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

bamfs~

« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2012 08:32 am »

asdfghjkl :O
that. is. epic.

of all your pieces, easily one of my favorites, if not my favorite~
i'm tempted, with your permission of course, to go set that as my computer background XD
go post it in the shipping thread!
gosh, i love the way you did the background by cutting it like that Cheesy
korra and mako's expressions are fantastic too!! it's just missing that damn shark and spaceman battle *waves fist*

welcome! btw, how small are we talking? i realized a week ago just how much a scanner actually blows up a page!

Dorky
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Just get down to biz my ninja!

« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2012 10:45 am »

I approve of this :|
Greatly, do I approve of this

-Triplets with Smellerbee & RomoineRawr-

icon credit
Ubern00b
On Probation
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Moar Avatar makes me happy in my smile parts!

« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2012 10:45 am »

You're style would fit perfectly with 'industrialized' Republic City posters.

Cathy E
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2012 01:08 pm »

Hoooly hell that's awesome. And I love your "Ah f**k reality, it looks better with stripey circles" take on space Cheesy
Toph13139
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2012 06:01 pm »

You're style would fit perfectly with 'industrialized' Republic City posters.

This.

You should make them, though! And again, the drawing is amazing. Lovin' them faces.

Avapony
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

You're gonna need some upgrades

« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2012 06:37 pm »

These are SO AWESOME! They're so unique and I totally agree, this style would totally fit with the RC posters Cheesy

King Kazma
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

~~KSRF~~

« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2012 06:49 pm »

Yup Grieves, you definitely have a distinctive style, I love it! Great work on the Makorra piece too. Grin
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: