Nov 13, 2019 11:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: - Mako Thread -  (Read 410666 times)
Rai Yu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Energy.

« Reply #25 on: Mar 26, 2012 05:05 pm »

In fact, my sis and I were comparing his character to Zuko's the other day. In the instance of when Korra joined the Fire Ferrets and was messing up, Mako just shook his head and moaned while Zuko probably would've gotten more angry at her. He's just an all-around more aloof guy, which I definitely prefer over angsty xP

As much as I love Zuko, I have to agree. Mako seems like he's much more restrained when it comes to his own thoughts and opinions, and he'll only call you out of he deems it necessary. Zuko pretty much exploded all over the place whenever he felt like it.

"My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations." - John Green

Keeper of Toph's laughter, Sokka's "I am a fan of secret rivers" and his relationship with Momo.
duckie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Kyoshi fan strikes again with the sig and avi :)

« Reply #26 on: Mar 26, 2012 05:07 pm »

How did Mako learn such awesome moves?

On the streets Cool

I like Mako so far. His jerkish nature took me a little by surprise in the same way that Korra's goofy nature caught a lot of people by surprise.

Everyone stop assuming things!

I agree. Lots of people are assuming he is a big jerk for the way he acted towards Korra. That was because he thought she was another pretty little fan girl who knows nothing about bending. He did warm up to her when he realized she is definitely hardcore bender (avatar duh) and what made him seem much more likable in my opinion was the fact that he apologized and complimented Korra in the end. If he was a real jerk, he would have never done that.

Proud Zutarian till the end. Going down with the ship Cheesy

IROSAMI for life!
Mr Grieves
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #27 on: Mar 26, 2012 05:09 pm »

I'd love it if the three could just have this totally cool dynamic and minimal drama and just concentrate on dealing with anti-benders and stuff.

I don't want Bolin to quit the team just before the championship.
DynoMyte
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #28 on: Mar 26, 2012 05:15 pm »

"Not bad," I love this line so much. I don't know why. Maybe it's because of the honesty or what. I just love when he said that.

David Faustino did perfectly.

HIPPO HAPPY TO BREED WITH BLIND BANDIT!

Ty Lee cleavage rules Cheesy
duckie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #29 on: Mar 26, 2012 05:35 pm »

"Not bad," I love this line so much. I don't know why. Maybe it's because of the honesty or what. I just love when he said that.

He genuinely seemed to be complimenting Korra there but she took it sarcastically. I wonder how his life on the streets were like for him to be so guarded with his emotions unlike Bolin who seems to be like an open book.

IROSAMI for life!
PnkPath
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

An Original Avatard

« Reply #30 on: Mar 26, 2012 05:41 pm »

I was wondering when someone was going to create this thread! Mako is all the reserved, beautiful, manlyness that I dreamed of...

" width="400" height="200" border="0
Keeper of Aunt Wu's bean-curd puffs & Master Yu's coupon

Shippinggg... Ursai & Howrra
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #31 on: Mar 26, 2012 06:22 pm »

So, my thoughts on Mako (you may respond accordingly):

If one of the brothers is going to die, I think Mako is more likely.

Because I'm a Matt Stover fan, I love characters who eschew formal fighting styles for "street pragmatism" in fights. I hoping/thinking that Mako is a horribly dirty fighter outside of the Probending Arena.

The scarf was a gift, possibly from his mother. (Because everyone in the Avatar world has parent-issues.)

Cat-Gator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

First Shipper of Aang's Beard

« Reply #32 on: Mar 26, 2012 06:28 pm »

I think the scarf being a gift would be awesome! Scarfy needs to be more important

Sokka and Aang brothers in-law
I Keep Cat-Gators, Ozai's,"They did not deserve to exist in this world in my world!" Equalist Propoganda and Yakone's ability to Bloodbend
duckie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #33 on: Mar 26, 2012 06:33 pm »

I think the scarf being a gift would be awesome! Scarfy needs to be more important

Oh but he is. He has a secret thing going on with Amon's mask; we call it Macarfy Wink

On a side note: I have a feeling Mako or even Bolin for that matter might not be as awesome as street fighters though. Anyone else thinks the same?

IROSAMI for life!
Fire Rose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #34 on: Mar 26, 2012 06:34 pm »

He genuinely seemed to be complimenting Korra there but she took it sarcastically. I wonder how his life on the streets were like for him to be so guarded with his emotions unlike Bolin who seems to be like an open book.

Hmmm. A lot of things could've happened. When you live on the streets you have one thing on your mind: Survival. He probably had to do some bad things (like stealing and fighting) in order to keep him and his brother safe (according to the new bio on that other nick site, he had to use firebending to protect himself and Bolin). He had to rely on himself in order to keep going.

I do see Mako as the kind of guy who not only keeps his problems and pain hidden from people, but also a man who lives in fear of a lot things. He's afraid of losing Bolin, he's afraid of going back to the streets, and maybe he's afraid of opening up and showing a soft side because he's been putting on the tough guy act for so long.

Which reminds me, when saw the season promo it makes makes wonder how Mako would act when Bolin gets kidnapped. For a calm guy who's always in control, THIS could be the tipping point where he would fight in blind rage and Korra would have to be the one to stop him (this is what I want to see because not only do I love role reversals, but it would be a great idea to show character development on Korra who is already reckless)

Also, when Korra tried to comfort him, would he accept it, or push it away?
gonewiththewind17
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Asami, the nonbending swagbender

« Reply #35 on: Mar 26, 2012 06:47 pm »

^ I think he'd be sort of against it at first and then reluctantly accept it. In that scene at least, he seemed angry and withdrawn, but Mako strikes me as ruthlessly pragmatic. Living on the streets tends to make people very goal oriented, as he is, and I think he'd realize that he 'needs' the comfort to move on.

Duckie brought up a point that I've been wondering about. Probending fighting is probably great in the arena, where everyone just wants to score points or knock someone into water, but the old forms of bending that Korra's been taught are probably far more helpful in actual fights.

However, Mako's fought on the street before, so he probably knows more fighting than just probending , but it might not be as 'refined' or tactically sound as Korra or any of the previous A:TLA characters.

Maybe the fandom was right when they thought Korra would drag Mako and Bolin along..

“Until the day when God will deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is contained in these two words,—'Wait and hope.'”
 -Alexander Dumas, The Counte of Monte Cristo

Icon by Plushu Smiley
Stupendous
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

juice for grown-ups

« Reply #36 on: Mar 26, 2012 06:51 pm »

On a side note: I have a feeling Mako or even Bolin for that matter might not be as awesome as street fighters though. Anyone else thinks the same?

Mako, maybe, but I have a feeling the two are so used to the sport of bending that they're not quite used to its essence.

Though, Mako at least would definitely be a streetfighter, and Bolin would likely have some skills.

Keeper of Korra's armband, Asami's impeccable style, and the Air Kids' sibling shenanigans
duckie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #37 on: Mar 26, 2012 06:57 pm »

Mako, maybe, but I have a feeling the two are so used to the sport of bending that they're not quite used to its essence.

Though, Mako at least would definitely be a streetfighter, and Bolin would likely have some skills.

Yes, considering they have been on the streets since their childhood, they might still have street fighting skills. It's just that pro-bending is bound by rules and regulations but a real fight out in the streets has absolutely no rules and no one is there to fine the other team or give penalties. It's a viscious dog eat dog fight and I have a very nagging doubt that maybe after playing in pro-bending matches for so long, their fighting style might not exactly be suited for the streets.

Duckie brought up a point that I've been wondering about. Probending fighting is probably great in the arena, where everyone just wants to score points or knock someone into water, but the old forms of bending that Korra's been taught are probably far more helpful in actual fights.

My thoughts exactly. In a one on one no holds barred match, Korra would be the one with a major advantage as opposed to Mako or Bolin who are so used to playing within the rules.
« Last Edit: Mar 26, 2012 07:02 pm by duckie » Logged

IROSAMI for life!
Fleur du Feu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avi by EndlessFlame55 resized by puddlesandmistake

« Reply #38 on: Mar 26, 2012 07:01 pm »

didn't they get "discovered" streetfighting?

Keeps "Ikkirupter",  Mako's moxie, Jinora and Ikki's on-board shipping & Korra's doorbusting definition of 'cautious'. Proud Maiko, Kataang, and Sukka shiper. Sig is by PonDeReplay
MurkyMuse
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #39 on: Mar 26, 2012 07:02 pm »

^Their bios say so.

Member of Mako's Manly Scarf of Masculine Manliness Fanclub
Fleur du Feu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avi by EndlessFlame55 resized by puddlesandmistake

« Reply #40 on: Mar 26, 2012 07:03 pm »

I knew I read that somewhere!

Keeps "Ikkirupter",  Mako's moxie, Jinora and Ikki's on-board shipping & Korra's doorbusting definition of 'cautious'. Proud Maiko, Kataang, and Sukka shiper. Sig is by PonDeReplay
duckie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #41 on: Mar 26, 2012 07:04 pm »

Yes, I read about that too. I am just saying.. being in a regulated fighting environment might have rusted up their street fighting a bit. Otherwise I don't see how a bunch of Equalist can take both of them down just like that.

IROSAMI for life!
MurkyMuse
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #42 on: Mar 26, 2012 07:11 pm »

Maybe. But the Equalists are also trained to take down benders specifically, which is why they'll be able to give even Korra a hard time.

Member of Mako's Manly Scarf of Masculine Manliness Fanclub
tophness
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

^ She's a cutie.

« Reply #43 on: Mar 26, 2012 07:20 pm »

Quite honestly, I like how Mako was cold towards Korra when he first met her. Obviously, he just thought she was another fangirl, and then he checked himself before he wrecked himself when he found out she was the Avatar, but even after that he's all, "No. I'd rather forfeit than look like a fool out there [with you]."

Just for some reason, I like how he was not all over Korra, as she would probably expect him to be when he found out she was the Avatar. It's sort of...I dunno...somewhat realistic. Shows he's down to earth.

Keeps: Sokka's "Yes! Yes it can!"; Young!Mai's hair ribbons; Aang's big ears, the hidden Kataang kiss from 202
Korrasami bromance; Older!Aang's beard; Jinora's "Stay away from my dad's ex-girlfriend!"
Keyblade Master Roxas
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Shake the Core.

« Reply #44 on: Mar 26, 2012 07:24 pm »

^I agree with that. I was mad how he was an a** towards Korra but eh he reminds me of Zuko at times when he talked.

duckie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #45 on: Mar 26, 2012 07:25 pm »

Quite honestly, I like how Mako was cold towards Korra when he first met her. Obviously, he just thought she was another fangirl, and then he checked himself before he wrecked himself when he found out she was the Avatar, but even after that he's all, "No. I'd rather forfeit than look like a fool out there [with you]."

Just for some reason, I like how he was not all over Korra, as she would probably expect him to be when he found out she was the Avatar. It's sort of...I dunno...somewhat realistic. Shows he's down to earth.

It just shows what I already ship as canon : Mako and Lin Bei-Fong would make quite a pair, don't you think? Cheesy

IROSAMI for life!
Keyblade Master Roxas
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Shake the Core.

« Reply #46 on: Mar 26, 2012 07:27 pm »

It just shows what I already ship as canon : Mako and Lin Bei-Fong would make quite a pair, don't you think? Cheesy

Agh no she's like what around her 30s 40 maybe 50s O.o

tophness
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

^ She's a cutie.

« Reply #47 on: Mar 26, 2012 07:28 pm »

I approve. Cheesy

Keeps: Sokka's "Yes! Yes it can!"; Young!Mai's hair ribbons; Aang's big ears, the hidden Kataang kiss from 202
Korrasami bromance; Older!Aang's beard; Jinora's "Stay away from my dad's ex-girlfriend!"
duckie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #48 on: Mar 26, 2012 07:35 pm »

Agh no she's like what around her 30s 40 maybe 50s O.o

I take it you don't crack ship Wink

I approve. Cheesy

All we need is some fan art Cheesy

IROSAMI for life!
Keyblade Master Roxas
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Shake the Core.

« Reply #49 on: Mar 26, 2012 08:18 pm »

Mako is Mai and Zuko's grandson and he doesn't no it. Mai + Zuko= Mako. See, even his name is a clue.

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: