Apr 21, 2019 02:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: - Mako Thread -  (Read 391419 times)
Mera
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« on: Mar 26, 2012 04:13 am »

I figured, why not? ^_^ I don't think he has one, so I'll slide this in before sleeping. He's made quite the impression to fangirls fans, and I think we can all talk about our new main resident firebender! For instance:

• His personality
  • His past
  • His interaction with possible other characters
  • His interaction with characters we have now
  • All the Aladdin, brooding Mako looking out window, etc., memes. (j/k)
  • His bending skills
  • Your first impressions
  • What they'll do with his character along the road

So what did you all think about him, guys? Everything you wanted, everything you not wanted, everything you wanted but better?~
« Last Edit: Apr 01, 2012 11:17 pm by Jimothy » Logged

Quenchy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1 on: Mar 26, 2012 04:47 am »

He's everything I want in a guy.

I'll even take his mastery in Jerkbending.

He's perfect! (At least for Korra, I think.)
WisdomSeeker
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

KorraxNaga ♥

« Reply #2 on: Mar 26, 2012 05:12 am »

Everything i wanted for his character. I'm glad there is some tension between him and Korra to begin with, wouldn't be as interesting if the group were all ~instant bffs~
sooo looking forward to Mako and Bolin's backstory....one of the main things i'm looking forward to actually.

icon: piconz@dreamwidth
Avapony
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

You're gonna need some upgrades

« Reply #3 on: Mar 26, 2012 06:07 am »

(We're not gonna make a thread for every single character are we?)

Anyway, Mako is just awesome! I know he's a jerk in the second episode, but I know he comes around! I can't wait to see more of his character!

duckie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Kyoshi fan strikes again with the sig and avi :)

« Reply #4 on: Mar 26, 2012 09:39 am »

He is my new favorite character after Tenzin. I was so impressed how he single handedly took down the platypus bears; I don't blame Korra for being starstruck Wink

Proud Zutarian till the end. Going down with the ship Cheesy

IROSAMI for life!
guitarfreak
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

bamfs~

« Reply #5 on: Mar 26, 2012 09:44 am »

im intrigued by his demeanor, feels angsty, i can't wait to learn about his story Cheesy

kitsuneopal
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6 on: Mar 26, 2012 09:51 am »

All the Aladdin, brooding Mako looking out window, etc., memes. (j/k)

I am counting down the days until some one makes a Mako MV using "One Jump Ahead".  Tongue 
duckie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: Mar 26, 2012 11:21 am »

im intrigued by his demeanor, feels angsty, i can't wait to learn about his story Cheesy

I don't think he is angsty at all.. just very serious and dedicated in what he does.

IROSAMI for life!
guitarfreak
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

bamfs~

« Reply #8 on: Mar 26, 2012 11:41 am »

hmm, i think the angsty-feel for me is how much his personality differs from bolin. bolin's so light-hearted and mako is yes, serious and dedicated that i think there's a back story about this, how he got to be a lot more mature than bolin
i just like angst tho Tongue

Wordbender33
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #9 on: Mar 26, 2012 11:46 am »

All the Aladdin, brooding Mako looking out window, etc., memes. (j/k)

I am counting down the days until some one makes a Mako MV using "One Jump Ahead".  Tongue  

Haha I'm actually waiting for that too- I guess we'll get one maybe after a few more episodes so we have more material to work with  Wink

I'm really excited for Mako and Bolin's livin-on-the-streets backstory to be fleshed out and how I think Mako will be such a foil to Korra's background and personality. My hope is that at first they will butt heads but that she will come to understand why he acts the way he does- because of all the responsibilities he bears and how his past hardships have shaped him. I'm looking forward to many angsty conversations in the future...

Keeper of Zuko's "So when life gets hard, take a bite out of the silver sandwich!" speech and Mako's "The scarf stays" declaration. Lover of poetry and all things nerdy and worth obsessing over.
duckie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #10 on: Mar 26, 2012 11:47 am »

Anyone else loved this reaction from Mako when Korra messes it up?

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

And I absolutely love Bolin's expression in the back Cheesy Cheesy
« Last Edit: Mar 26, 2012 11:49 am by duckie » Logged

IROSAMI for life!
guitarfreak
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

bamfs~

« Reply #11 on: Mar 26, 2012 11:55 am »

haha, poor brothers XD

found this awesome gif of mako's awesome dodging Cheesy

earth_lizard
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #12 on: Mar 26, 2012 11:58 am »

I don't think he is angsty at all.. just very serious and dedicated in what he does.

This. Now Zuko... Zuko was angsty. Mako's not. He's just a serious guy. He's not as light-hearted or fun/goofy like his brother is. I love Mako! Not as much as Bolin, but I still really like him. I also like the fact that he's so hot. Can't wait to see more of his character!

^^LOL, I love that facepalm. xD
« Last Edit: Mar 26, 2012 12:01 pm by earth_lizard » Logged

iKeep: Bolin's green eyes, the new winged lemur species
My Graphics
Wordbender33
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #13 on: Mar 26, 2012 12:24 pm »

^Methinks he's going to be doing a lot of that in this series.

I agree though-it's not that Mako's angsty and self-pitying like Zuko was- he's just had a reason to be more serious and concentrated on what he's doing. He thinks before he acts and is, in a lot of ways, the opposite of what many people expect a firebender to be like- aggressive and hot-headed. If anything, I find that kind of refreshing, especially since I feel like that makes him a relatable character. From the vibes I'm getting from him so far, it seems like he could be pretty hard on himself and determined to not make any mistakes and keep things planned and calculated-which is where the "chaotic" part with Korra comes in I guess...

This shot is so beautiful...HE is so beautiful  Grin

Keeper of Zuko's "So when life gets hard, take a bite out of the silver sandwich!" speech and Mako's "The scarf stays" declaration. Lover of poetry and all things nerdy and worth obsessing over.
guitarfreak
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

bamfs~

« Reply #14 on: Mar 26, 2012 12:35 pm »

hmmm, i can get where you are going at, i'll have to see more of mako in future episodes before i cement my stand Tongue

the first one is similar to the first post in this thread, but the second one isn't

PrincessBlazefire
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

You know what time it is~

« Reply #15 on: Mar 26, 2012 02:26 pm »

Words cannot fully describe how I feel about Mako. Seriously. I've had a crush on him since we first saw him all the way back at that SDCC panel, and those feelings only multiplied after seeing him in the show. He's everything I imagined him to be and more. He is perfect X3

I can't wait to see more of him and Bolin's interactions together. He seems like the type to be somewhat overtly overprotective of his younger brother, despite his overall aloofness Cheesy

Stupendous
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

juice for grown-ups

« Reply #16 on: Mar 26, 2012 03:15 pm »

I'm glad he's not angsty. I can do without another Zuko. Tongue

Keeper of Korra's armband, Asami's impeccable style, and the Air Kids' sibling shenanigans
duckie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #17 on: Mar 26, 2012 03:46 pm »

Agreed. It's about time we get a character who can be good looking and NOT full of angst. Wink

IROSAMI for life!
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #18 on: Mar 26, 2012 03:47 pm »

(We're not gonna make a thread for every single character are we?)

I certainly hope not. With Mako having his own thread now (for DISCUSSION people, not for fanclub-style squeeing), I think we're all set on major characters having their own threads.

If I see this thread and the Bolin thread becoming more of a squeefest than a discussion thread, then I'll be merging them into a single thread to talk about the brothers.

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
PrincessBlazefire
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

You know what time it is~

« Reply #19 on: Mar 26, 2012 03:52 pm »

Agreed. It's about time we get a character who can be good looking and NOT full of angst. Wink

Same here! I didn't mind Zuko's angsty-ness because it fit for his story and his character, but I definitely like the fact that Mako isn't angsty. A guy can be brooding and good-looking without being angsty, and Mako is proof of that Grin

In fact, my sis and I were comparing his character to Zuko's the other day. In the instance of when Korra joined the Fire Ferrets and was messing up, Mako just shook his head and moaned while Zuko probably would've gotten more angry at her. He's just an all-around more aloof guy, which I definitely prefer over angsty xP

Watertaco
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

One ring to rule them all.

« Reply #20 on: Mar 26, 2012 03:59 pm »

How did Mako learn such awesome moves?

Keeper of Hasook's Hair, Korra's boots, Azula's fingernails, and a Equalist gas mask!
somethingmysterious
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Christmas present from tokotothe end. Thanks ;)

« Reply #21 on: Mar 26, 2012 04:56 pm »

Mako was just... perfect. i love how he was a jerk to Korra but on the inside, he showed some feelings for her, especially with the attic/window scene

Keepin: EIP Iroh's "Prince Zuko, you must try this cake", Aang's death in 220, Azula's widow's peak and Zuko's widow's peak

To do: Change avvi and sig...
duckie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #22 on: Mar 26, 2012 05:00 pm »

Training and learning I would imagine. I have a feeling when they were kids, they got bullied around a lot from the other street kids and in order to protect himself and his brother, Mako started to practise his bending from a very young age. Toza being a waterbender, I doubt he taught him those moves.. maybe he learnt by watching other firebending pro benders in action?

IROSAMI for life!
gonewiththewind17
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Asami, the nonbending swagbender

« Reply #23 on: Mar 26, 2012 05:01 pm »

I love Mako. He has an interesting character and is on the whole, far more likeable than Zuko. Less whiney, less angsty and he admits his mistakes.

He is also wonderfully attractive, which also contributes to my admiration of him.

“Until the day when God will deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is contained in these two words,—'Wait and hope.'”
 -Alexander Dumas, The Counte of Monte Cristo

Icon by Plushu Smiley
Mr Grieves
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #24 on: Mar 26, 2012 05:03 pm »

On the streets Cool

I like Mako so far. His jerkish nature took me a little by surprise in the same way that Korra's goofy nature caught a lot of people by surprise.

Everyone stop assuming things!
Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: