Aug 28, 2014 04:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're looking for where the live-action movie thread went, read this announcement.

ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bolin Thread  (Read 117430 times)
EYEwitness
Untethered

I'm watching you... and no more bets.

« Reply #775 on: Jun 09, 2012 11:11 pm »

Next... season...

*twitch*

I can wait... I can wait... I can wait...

No more bets. EVER. Never ever ever never ever.
proudinfidel
Untethered

Ty Lee Cleavage Rules!!

« Reply #776 on: Jun 09, 2012 11:12 pm »

My favorite Bolin moment this week was when Lin Zipped up his fly.  Great!!
Boilinfangirl
Untethered

« Reply #777 on: Jun 09, 2012 11:13 pm »

Can we please omit Bolin from the cast now? He isn't very interesting to watch.

Hey'll get more screen time next season since Makorra should be endgame in book 1 from the sounds of it no matter how against it I am now. It sucks how much ltittle screen time he gets due to the love tirangle, seriously where is he in the finale promo? In one scene like Asami? Maybe they are teaming up and fighting other guys while Korra/Mako take down the big guy cuz of Love >>

They better make up for it next season. Things I want to happen

-Love intrest
-More growth
-Training with Lin

Voice actor of Bolin said he'd get a story arc next season right? Thats what we got from the interview of his. I'm also hopping for more epic moments, he had a few this season.

Oh, PJ did say next season, didn't he?
I thought that meant this season, so this entire time, I've been like, "Okay, expecting Bolin to do something at any moment...I know it's coming...there's going to be character development, I just know it............"

I wish it was this season, people will hopefully view Bolin in better light next season due to this. I'm hopping Bolin and Asami are teaming up in the finale and have some friendship moments, even if hes not in the fight with main villain at least he'd get this >>

EYEwitness I agree with you, am jumping up and down already for it. Bolin arc in next season, hopefully the main one since he got held back this season due to the romance >>

Banner made by guitarfreak, thank you your the best!
Big Bolin fan already yesXD
Will ship him wit
Katara16
Untethered

Want some?

« Reply #778 on: Jun 09, 2012 11:20 pm »

^I highly doubt it'll be the main one since Korra is still the main character.  What I do hope is that it's at least 3 episodes long and not rushed.

"No!  No!  I mean if it was a choice between kissing you and dying..."
"Ughhh!!"
"What?  I'm saying I would rather kiss you then die.  That a compliment!"
"Well, I'm not sure which I would rather do!" *stomps away*
"What is wrong with me?" *pouts*

LMBO
Boilinfangirl
Untethered

« Reply #779 on: Jun 09, 2012 11:26 pm »

^I highly doubt it'll be the main one since Korra is still the main character.  What I do hope is that it's at least 3 episodes long and not rushed.

I'd like it to be a spread out arc, give it more than just three episodes. Have a few of Lin training Bolin, more on Bolin's arc and maybe give a love intrest? Have Asami and Bolin friendship time.

Will ship him wit
rrm
Untethered

« Reply #780 on: Jun 10, 2012 01:53 am »

^ As much as I would love that, this is the "Legend of Korra" after all. With 26 episodes you don't have a lot of time for things like that. What we can expect is one episode of Lin training Bolin while Korra goes in one of her antics, or one episode with flashbacks of his and Mako's past, and that's still asking too much.
Boilinfangirl
Untethered

« Reply #781 on: Jun 10, 2012 02:11 am »

^ As much as I would love that, this is the "Legend of Korra" after all. With 26 episodes you don't have a lot of time for things like that. What we can expect is one episode of Lin training Bolin while Korra goes in one of her antics, or one episode with flashbacks of his and Mako's past, and that's still asking too much.

In the Original Avatar series, Sokka had Yue for an episode arc and that was spread out and he wasn't the avatar and was comical like Bolin here. Maybe his arc can be subplot more in a few episodes and than two or three episodes be the main plot?? I'd def like an episode of Lin training, actually two episodes of that and mentions of it and show him becoming a better earthbender as the season goes on.

Will ship him wit
littlelayla
Untethered

« Reply #782 on: Jun 10, 2012 10:25 am »

I love the childish aspect of Bolin, and I hope he doesn't lose that in his development, but I do think he needs to grow up a bit. Still love u though Bo <3
duckie
Untethered

Kyoshi fan strikes again with the sig and avi :)

« Reply #783 on: Jun 10, 2012 10:31 am »

I am highly disappointed with Bolin's character development. He does have his shining moments but they are so few and far between, it's hard to keep track of. He has so much potentiality but he is in the background almost 90% of the times. Season 1 is almost over... I don't know what to expect out of him anymore.

Proud Zutarian till the end. Going down with the ship Cheesy

IROSAMI for life!
Boilinfangirl
Untethered

« Reply #784 on: Jun 10, 2012 11:43 am »

I am highly disappointed with Bolin's character development. He does have his shining moments but they are so few and far between, it's hard to keep track of. He has so much potentiality but he is in the background almost 90% of the times. Season 1 is almost over... I don't know what to expect out of him anymore.

Yah, I agree it was disapointing. Writers shoving Bolin in the background for MakoxKorra romance >>
He had some shinning moments, hopefullly since like I said now that they'll be together in book 2 others will get a chance to shine more.
Bolin's voice actor said he'd be getting an arc next season where he grows up a bit more but I hope he still keeps his comical moments, I kind of want him to be like season 1 Sokka, he was my favorite the entire series but he was the most mature in that season and book 3 towards the end. Hopefully like I said, will have Lin train Bolin out of that arc since hes gonna try and mature a bit, you'd think he'd want to work a bit more on his earthbending to help out Team Avatar more. His earthbending moves have improved over the few episodes like some said but it'd be cool if he learned metalbending from Lin.

Will ship him wit
Eudaemon
Untethered

Why must all of my favorite characters die?!

« Reply #785 on: Jun 10, 2012 12:10 pm »

If it's any consolation, it does appear Bolin is fighting against a ton of Hiroshi's mechs singlehandedly in the preview for the finale.
It looks like it will be Mako Korra Equalist disguise time....and then Bolin fighting mechs.

I'm more excited for some epic Earthbending action because it appears that Bolin knows traditional forms (the stance he used in the last episode was Hung Gar.) At this point, any time where Mako and Korra are together, it's shipping. All shipping. It was never like that with Aang and Katara, even after DoBS kiss.

RIP Noatak. You were hot, but you were a psychopath.
I keep Bolin's green sash. Cheesy
Boilinfangirl
Untethered

« Reply #786 on: Jun 10, 2012 12:17 pm »

If it's any consolation, it does appear Bolin is fighting against a ton of Hiroshi's mechs singlehandedly in the preview for the finale.
It looks like it will be Mako Korra Equalist disguise time....and then Bolin fighting mechs.

I'm more excited for some epic Earthbending action because it appears that Bolin knows traditional forms (the stance he used in the last episode was Hung Gar.) At this point, any time where Mako and Korra are together, it's shipping. All shipping. It was never like that with Aang and Katara, even after DoBS kiss.

Where did you see this Bolin stuff in the preview? I blink for a second and I miss it shoot. Can you maybe post some screen caps for me? Please ^

What I'm hopping Bolin and the others come to the rescue, yah book 1 finale every one had a chance to shine.

-Zuko got to fight his father a bit.
-Sokka had to let go of Yue, little screen time for him.
-Without romance here Katara got to fight bits.
-Without romance Aang went into the Avatar state and saved the place.

Like I said, they didn't start to shove in romance for the Original series till book 2.

Will ship him wit
littlelayla
Untethered

« Reply #787 on: Jun 10, 2012 12:22 pm »

*sighs* poor backseat bolin
I ship Borra mainly because I think Korra brings out the best in Bolin (and vise versa) like in the scene where after their date Bolin held the whole team together in their probending match
Eudaemon
Untethered

« Reply #788 on: Jun 10, 2012 12:22 pm »

Where did you see this Bolin stuff in the preview? I blink for a second and I miss it shoot. Can you maybe post some screen caps for me? Please ^

What I'm hopping Bolin and the others come to the rescue, yah book 1 finale every one had a chance to shine.

-Zuko got to fight his father a bit.
-Sokka had to let go of Yue, little screen time for him.
-Without romance here Katara got to fight bits.
-Without romance Aang went into the Avatar state and saved the place.

Like I said, they didn't start to shove in romance for the Original series till book 2.

Here he is around some mountains with hooks coming at him:

It's about 30 seconds into the commercial

Boilinfangirl
Untethered

« Reply #789 on: Jun 10, 2012 12:32 pm »

*sighs* poor backseat bolin
I ship Borra mainly because I think Korra brings out the best in Bolin (and vise versa) like in the scene where after their date Bolin held the whole team together in their probending match

Well, Bolin's a nicer guy for her too instead shes stuck with Macko who will probaly cheat on her in the future like her did with Asami.
Thanks Eudaemon, awesome scene I look forward to see that. Hopefully he gets more fights in the finale, it'd be really cool if he worked with Asami and Lin in the fights at times.

Will ship him wit
Loopy
Untethered

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #790 on: Jun 10, 2012 02:19 pm »

The zipper joke actually made me laugh the most! I thought it was hilarious! xD

Lin: (even holding her fingers in the air as if she was really holding a zipper) "You're fly was down."
Bolin: "Thanks for noticing."

I really want Lin to teach Bolin more advance earthbending, and then metalbending. That would just be amazing.

You know, in retrospect, this was the kind of little character-interaction moments I'd been missing. Bolin and Lin had a casual, funny little moment there. Compare to Mako and Asami, who managed to go adventuring with Lin without ever actually exchanging dialogue with each other. But Lin embarrassed Bolin while thinking that she was looking out for him, and he played it cool because he's both a nice guy and crushingly humiliated. That's character, right there.

Anyways, I'm glad his humor is better than it was in earlier episodes. Earlier in the seasons it seemed more forced, the humor that is. Now he seems to have better timing-- especially with his "Chi block that!" comment.

Agreed.

"What can I say? Beneath my cocksure exterior I have terribly low self-esteem."

"Yes, but beneath that low self-esteem you really do think you're better than everyone else."

"Fair point."
TF:MTMTE Annual 2012, by James Roberts
littlelayla
Untethered

« Reply #791 on: Jun 10, 2012 07:08 pm »

loved the "Chi block that" line
munchydino12
Untethered

Dreams of Earth and Fire

« Reply #792 on: Jun 11, 2012 03:14 am »

You know what the really sad thing is? Book 1 is almost over and I don't really know Bolin. Half the time he's just... there.

MikeOscar
Untethered

« Reply #793 on: Jun 11, 2012 03:45 am »

You know what the really sad thing is? Book 1 is almost over and I don't really know Bolin. Half the time he's just... there.

Yea... I think it's simply because Bolin is just an average happy go lucky guy. Not that smart, tries to be funny and just living life as it comes. He also have a child like charm to him.

He is very much the odd one out in the group and the closest relationship in the group is with his brother. He was dumped by korra and is just asami's boyfriend's brother...

Yea he's pretty much expendable.... Jk Tongue

If I was mako's little bro, I'd stay very far away from Hurricane Makorrasami. But still close enough to make sure no one dies...

But what I really believe is that Bolin's shining moment will be with the airbender kids...

Cristina
Untethered

« Reply #794 on: Jun 11, 2012 04:00 am »

^ I would love to see something like that.

I don't believe that Bolin's not smart, sometimes he can think very quickly on his toes, like when he first met Korra, or when he gets Pabu to bite through the ropes, or when he motions to Mako to do the sneeze ruse in Hiroshi's workshed.

I know there's been a few times when his train of thought has been glaringly off the mark ("Does your father know about that tunnel?" automatically springs to mind) but I think that's because he's a bit of a cloudcukoolander, not stupid.

I've had a little too much wine and it's well after closing time.
MikeOscar
Untethered

« Reply #795 on: Jun 11, 2012 04:28 am »

I don't believe that Bolin's not smart, sometimes he can think very quickly on his toes, like when he first met Korra, or when he gets Pabu to bite through the ropes, or when he motions to Mako to do the sneeze ruse in Hiroshi's workshed.

I know there's been a few times when his train of thought has been glaringly off the mark ("Does your father know about that tunnel?" automatically springs to mind) but I think that's because he's a bit of a cloudcukoolander, not stupid.

I never said he was stupid... Just not smart... Most glaringly is when he got hooked lined and sinker for some shady business with a wad of yuans...

He'll just forever be Mako's little bro. There won't be anything between him and Asami coz that is a direct violation of the bro code and he won't get anywhere with korra coz he's been sucked into the black hole of relationships known as the friendzone.

So... We'll most likely get more character development with (1) His brother (2) Lin or (3) the airbender kids... I think (3) would be the most logical choice...

Avapony
Untethered

You remind me of a boy I once knew...

« Reply #796 on: Jun 11, 2012 10:19 am »

Bolin has so much potential to be something great. But most of the time, he's just comic relief. There are times where he shines, and those are some of the best moments of the series for me. Especially the moment in episode 5 where he whopped that guy in the tie breaker Probending match. Best Bolin moment ever.

The problem is, those moments are in little dashes. Hopefully the finale will change things because it seems Bolin is all by himself fighting those robots. I can't wait for that part! Cheesy

Eudaemon
Untethered

« Reply #797 on: Jun 11, 2012 02:22 pm »

From Bryan's tumblr (this is for the finale press art):

Bolin.
Is going to do something.
He looks kinda angry.

Holy crap, guys.

Katara16
Untethered

Want some?

« Reply #798 on: Jun 11, 2012 02:28 pm »

^That is by far one of the most awesome drawings of Bolin I've seen yet Cheesy

I'm actually not setting my expectations high for Bolin in the finale; I'm actually setting them rather low.  Don't get me wrong, I want him to do something incredibly awesome.  But at this point I've lost all hope of Bolin "breaking out" this season.

"No!  No!  I mean if it was a choice between kissing you and dying..."
"Ughhh!!"
"What?  I'm saying I would rather kiss you then die.  That a compliment!"
"Well, I'm not sure which I would rather do!" *stomps away*
"What is wrong with me?" *pouts*

LMBO
duckie
Untethered

Kyoshi fan strikes again with the sig and avi :)

« Reply #799 on: Jun 11, 2012 04:00 pm »

I'm actually not setting my expectations high for Bolin in the finale; I'm actually setting them rather low.  Don't get me wrong, I want him to do something incredibly awesome.  But at this point I've lost all hope of Bolin "breaking out" this season.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Proud Zutarian till the end. Going down with the ship Cheesy

IROSAMI for life!
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: