Nov 20, 2014 09:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Who do you think are Lin's/Suyin's fathers? (pick two)
Aang - 8 (3.3%)
Sokka - 28 (11.5%)
Zuko - 25 (10.2%)
The Duke - 18 (7.4%)
Haru - 8 (3.3%)
One of Toph's students - 8 (3.3%)
Unknown new character - 74 (30.3%)
The world will never know - 49 (20.1%)
Other - 15 (6.1%)
Teo - 11 (4.5%)
Total Voters: 199

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who are the Beifong sisters' fathers?  (Read 169837 times)
guyw1tn0nam3
Unphotogenic Avatar

I'm about to go full baka on ya'll

« Reply #600 on: May 13, 2012 01:45 pm »

Yakone.

"All I ever hear is baka shinji this and baka shinji that"
AtoMaki
Unphotogenic Avatar

ENTP

« Reply #601 on: May 13, 2012 01:53 pm »

And maybe Toph was yelling at Aang because she was mad that he attempted to/was thinking about killing her husband?

Yes, I think I kind of love that theory too. Grin

I think the whole story was something like this:

Yakone originalyl was a good guy (and the husband of Toph), but power corrupts, and he turned to the Dark Side. He forged a big plan to take over RC: he used Toph to turn the Gaang against each other (especially because Sokka sniffed out his real intentions) and when our heroes were busy to give death-glares to each other, Yakone tried to pull out a coup. He failed, but he used Lin as a hostage to buy another chance. This was the point when Aang said "Enough!" and crub stomped him with the Avatar State.

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.
Aurora
Unphotogenic Avatar

The truth? About what?

« Reply #602 on: May 13, 2012 01:56 pm »

Really? Another abusive father antagonist? I doubt it. First of all, it doesn't teach Korra anything. Plus it's too personal to Lin's story - she's an important minor character, but she's not going to be the key to the solution for defeating Amon.

Lin's father will probably never be named because it doesn't matter and it's a great way for the writers to annoy the crazed shippers on tumblr. Smiley

I keep Zuko's letter to Mai, the golden dragon egg, Mai's tea shop outfit, and Suki's ability to defy gravity.
Faye
Unphotogenic Avatar

" how about the King of the.. guys who don't win?"

« Reply #603 on: May 13, 2012 02:09 pm »

Maybe...I can't picture Yakone being Lin's dad unless it gives her a reason to be so b!tchy to everyone, in a cool way of course.

"Sweeeeet" -Toph Beifong
AtoMaki
Unphotogenic Avatar

ENTP

« Reply #604 on: May 13, 2012 02:30 pm »

First of all, it doesn't teach Korra anything.

The lesson of Yakone is simple: the bad guys should be destroyed as soon as it is possible, no matter who they are or what they want. Because if the Avatar is just fooling around, the baddies will endanger innocent lives (Lin).

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.
Loopy
Negative Spirit
Unphotogenic Avatar

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #605 on: May 13, 2012 02:50 pm »

I was at an anime convention this weekend, and at the Avatar panel, a Toph cosplayer had a really good theory: Toph impregnated a mountain, and then Lin sprung full form from the Earth.

by Maivry
Quote from: Ikkin
[Roku] tried to push the conflict [with Sozin] out of mind instead of confronting it before it spiraled out of control. (In a way, his style of being Avatar was a lot like Mako's style of handling romantic conflicts xD
Wan-Shi-Tong-Servant
Unphotogenic Avatar

« Reply #606 on: May 13, 2012 05:36 pm »

While we still don't know who he is, we can cross Sokka off the list!!! Tenlin is canon!

I know! Wohoo!

My Sukka is still alive!! Cheesy Cheesy

Not if Suki falls in love with Zuko and Ty Lee ends up with Sokka. XP

While we still don't know who he is, we can cross Sokka off the list!!! Tenlin is canon!

Hey now, marrying your first cousin is only illegal in 30 US states.

And half of the world Tongue

According to Wikipedia, it's less than half. (only for sure in America, China, and a few Middle Eastern countries.)

I have mixed feelings about the Linzin revelation . . . I didn't want her to be bitter over it . . . but it is pretty interesting . . .

An in-depth examination of ATLA. Ty Lee meets Azula's targets: complete strangers, yet their auras glow invitingly, their positive chi drawing her like a magnet. She finds many things in common with two of them. Kataang, TyLokka, sibling!Toko http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5732344/1/What_Meets_the_Eye
aa623
Unphotogenic Avatar

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #607 on: May 13, 2012 05:49 pm »

Sukka better be end game. I don't want Ty Lee to end up with Sokka b/c then it pretty much kills my hope of Pema being Ty Lee's daughter.
It would be interesting if Yakone was Lin's father. A great twist, but obviously had to have done something that wouldn't make Lin hate Aang.

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
Faye
Unphotogenic Avatar

« Reply #608 on: May 13, 2012 07:09 pm »

I'm really hoping Suki didn't fall for Zuko...just a misunderstanding.

If Bryke never reveals Lin's father fine, but if they plan to....out with it already!

"Sweeeeet" -Toph Beifong
drhorrible61
Unphotogenic Avatar

I am the first Jinora fan.

« Reply #609 on: May 13, 2012 07:59 pm »

Sukka better be end game. I don't want Ty Lee to end up with Sokka b/c then it pretty much kills my hope of Pema being Ty Lee's daughter.
Considering the fact  that Pema is 35 Ty Lee would have been 49 at the time, so your hope is rather dead already.

Keeper of Suki and Foamy\'s awkward foam filled first date, Sokka and Zuko\'s friendship, Ikki\'s ability to incessantly talk, Jinora\'s love of reading, the Te
aa623
Unphotogenic Avatar

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #610 on: May 13, 2012 08:28 pm »

No it's not. It's not impossible for someone that age to have a child. Just highly unlikely. This is a world where people live to 230 and know magic kung fu. I wouldn't care if someone middle age had a child.

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
gonewiththewind17
Unphotogenic Avatar

Asami, the nonbending swagbender

« Reply #611 on: May 13, 2012 09:22 pm »

I know! Wohoo!

My Sukka is still alive!! Cheesy Cheesy

Not if Suki falls in love with Zuko and Azula ends up with Sokka. XP

Fixed it for you Wink
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012 11:03 pm by gonewiththewind17 » Logged

“Until the day when God will deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is contained in these two words,—'Wait and hope.'”
 -Alexander Dumas, The Counte of Monte Cristo

Icon by Plushu Smiley
BlackPanther1012
Unphotogenic Avatar

« Reply #612 on: May 13, 2012 10:53 pm »

No it's not. It's not impossible for someone that age to have a child. Just highly unlikely. This is a world where people live to 230 and know magic kung fu. I wouldn't care if someone middle age had a child.

To be honest, I think Avatar Kyoshi (the only person we know to live 230 years) was the exception.

But my anguish increased; my heart grew hot within me. While I meditated, the fire burned; then I spoke with my tongue...
--Psalms 39:3
Wan-Shi-Tong-Servant
Unphotogenic Avatar

« Reply #613 on: May 14, 2012 12:17 am »

It would be interesting if Yakone was Lin's father. A great twist, but obviously had to have done something that wouldn't make Lin hate Aang.

aa623, at this point, I am quite torn whether I'd like it better if Pema was Ty Lee's grandaughter, or (because I'm assuming marrying your second cousin wouldn't be acceptable either?) if Ty Lee surprise!glomped available!Sokka in The Promise.

Either way, I'd like to see Ty Lee play a role in all this.

The latter would be the biggest troll ever, and watching the fandom's shocked reaction would be sooooo sweet. B)

But the former would mean that Ty Lee's legacy lives in airbending children, which is just sooooo perfect. >.<

If neither happens, I will need some therapy to get over it. /jk

Yakone being Lin's father? I . . . I think I just found a new crack theory love. I'll add it to Naga learning waterbending from Yue, and Tahno being from the Swamp Tribe . . .

Holy hell of drama, I just had a weird chill down my spine from the theory I thought of....

Zuko and Mai end up together, but break up when Mai is pregnant (and Zuko doesn't know).  Then Mai ends up hating Zuko (benders) and gives birth to Amon.

Zuko and Toph end up together and have Lin when Toph is 33.

Shocked Shocked Shocked

If only, if only. STOP TEASING ME. I can't take the tantalizing- ugh- just- ;_; T_T You know that's not going to happen.

An in-depth examination of ATLA. Ty Lee meets Azula's targets: complete strangers, yet their auras glow invitingly, their positive chi drawing her like a magnet. She finds many things in common with two of them. Kataang, TyLokka, sibling!Toko http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5732344/1/What_Meets_the_Eye
Faye
Unphotogenic Avatar

« Reply #614 on: May 14, 2012 02:32 am »

Zuko and Toph is just weird. I think Zuko and Suki is more likely though I hope not. Zuko and Mai still makes me shudder.

"Sweeeeet" -Toph Beifong
Wan-Shi-Tong-Servant
Unphotogenic Avatar

« Reply #615 on: May 14, 2012 03:10 am »

Zuko and Toph is just weird. I think Zuko and Suki is more likely though I hope not. Zuko and Mai still makes me shudder.

What, praytell, about a 33-year old noblewoman earthbender and a 37-year-old Fire Lord marrying, is weird? Or rather, weirder than said Fire Lord marrying a warrior from Kyoshi Island?

Unlikely, given the canon we have? Definitely. But weird? Why?

. . . and agreed, Zuko and Mai . . . blehhh '-.-

chicken_sokka
Unphotogenic Avatar

Fire. Wang Fire.

« Reply #616 on: May 14, 2012 03:16 am »

Lin's father is Chuck Norris. No other explination is possible.

Keeper of Sokka's Memorial Statue, Beard, and Gavel!
Wan-Shi-Tong-Servant
Unphotogenic Avatar

« Reply #617 on: May 14, 2012 03:33 am »

Lin's father is Chuck Norris. No other explination is possible.

You've been hitting the cactus juice and reading Toph Norris jokes, haven't you?

*Toph Bei Fong isn't blind, she is simply incapable of seeing anything less awesome than she is.

*Sozin's comet came to earth, but when it saw Toph Bei Fong waiting for it, it turned around and left. Every century, it stops by to check if she is still there. She is.

*Airbenders weren't wiped out because of the Fire Nation. They all died of despair because Toph Bei Fong said their element was stupid.

*Toph Bei Fong doesn't earthbend. The earth does what she wants because it knows better than to piss her off.

*The reason air bison fly is that they are trying to get away from Toph Bei Fong.

*General Iroh broke through the outer wall of Ba Sing Se, saw Toph Bei Fong waiting for him, and turned his army around to run for the Fire Nation. (I ACTUALLY KNOW A LEGITIMATE FANFICTION WHERE THIS HAPPENS!!!!!!!)

SMBH
ASN Management
Unphotogenic Avatar

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #618 on: May 14, 2012 03:54 pm »

Colin Heck, another person in the TLOK production who has a tumblr page, has "revealed" that Lin Beifong's father is....

http://cbheck.tumblr.com/post/23051299629/so-im-going-to-ask-this-who-is-lins-daddy

Anonymous asked: So, I'm going to ask this, who is Lin's daddy?

Maybe I’m just old. Maybe I’m out of touch now. I dunno. I just can’t figure out why anybody would want a question like this answered via some animator’s crappy tumblr rather than just waiting for it to be answered in the show that I like. I don’t think I’ve ever understood the spoiler-hunter’s mentality. Any piece of entertainment I love enough to have questions about, I love enough to wait for the creators to answer that question through the show I love, rather than just telling me in an interview or finding a leaked script page or something. Is it just that I’m the only one who likes surprises anymore?

Everybody that works on this (or any) show (or movie, or whatever) puts a ton of work into telling a story in a way that’s interesting to viewers. We slave over getting the expressions just right; over getting the timing of a joke just right; over making sure the lighting on the backgrounds shows the composition in a way that makes this bit of story the best we can make it, so that when it gets to you, it’s as close to awesome as possible. I have a real hard time believing that anybody would choose to have us forgo all that effort and instead just have Bryan say on his blog “Oh, Lin’s father is [insert name here]” or “Amon’s face looks like [x]” or whatever. Is that really what you want? Your questions answered in text, outside the show, instead of letting us (and by “us,” I mean mostly Mike and Bryan and the producers) reveal it through the same process that got you interested in the show in the first place?

I swear I’m not as angry as this sounds. I’m really more confused than anything. And old. Very old.

Also, Lin’s dad is Azula. It’s really complicated.

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
Noirsam
Unphotogenic Avatar

« Reply #619 on: May 14, 2012 04:28 pm »

That would be... awesome.

But I think he is just joking.  Tongue

Sig made by Dorky.
aa623
Unphotogenic Avatar

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #620 on: May 14, 2012 04:31 pm »

haha omg we're never gonna know who her father really is.

NeeNee
Global Moderator
Unphotogenic Avatar

Who, me?

« Reply #621 on: May 14, 2012 06:05 pm »

^ Nah, he implied pretty strongly that we'll get an answer in the show.

It'll probably be revealed along with the rest of the flashbacks or something.

Faye
Unphotogenic Avatar

« Reply #622 on: May 14, 2012 06:07 pm »

Maybe it's Amon and Lin doesn't know.. then we have some Star Wars business here. koooo~ koooo~

"Sweeeeet" -Toph Beifong
CoffeColoredSnapDragon
Unphotogenic Avatar

« Reply #623 on: May 14, 2012 06:15 pm »

Well, at least now we know it won't be some unanswered mystery like Ursa....
Loopy
Negative Spirit
Unphotogenic Avatar

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #624 on: May 14, 2012 06:21 pm »

Colin Heck, another person in the TLOK production who has a tumblr page, has "revealed" that Lin Beifong's father is....

http://cbheck.tumblr.com/post/23051299629/so-im-going-to-ask-this-who-is-lins-daddy

Anonymous asked: So, I'm going to ask this, who is Lin's daddy?

Maybe I’m just old. Maybe I’m out of touch now. I dunno. I just can’t figure out why anybody would want a question like this answered via some animator’s crappy tumblr rather than just waiting for it to be answered in the show that I like. I don’t think I’ve ever understood the spoiler-hunter’s mentality. Any piece of entertainment I love enough to have questions about, I love enough to wait for the creators to answer that question through the show I love, rather than just telling me in an interview or finding a leaked script page or something. Is it just that I’m the only one who likes surprises anymore?

Everybody that works on this (or any) show (or movie, or whatever) puts a ton of work into telling a story in a way that’s interesting to viewers. We slave over getting the expressions just right; over getting the timing of a joke just right; over making sure the lighting on the backgrounds shows the composition in a way that makes this bit of story the best we can make it, so that when it gets to you, it’s as close to awesome as possible. I have a real hard time believing that anybody would choose to have us forgo all that effort and instead just have Bryan say on his blog “Oh, Lin’s father is [insert name here]” or “Amon’s face looks like [x]” or whatever. Is that really what you want? Your questions answered in text, outside the show, instead of letting us (and by “us,” I mean mostly Mike and Bryan and the producers) reveal it through the same process that got you interested in the show in the first place?

I swear I’m not as angry as this sounds. I’m really more confused than anything. And old. Very old.

This man is my hero.

Also, what he said about Azula being the dad is funny.

by Maivry
Quote from: Ikkin
[Roku] tried to push the conflict [with Sozin] out of mind instead of confronting it before it spiraled out of control. (In a way, his style of being Avatar was a lot like Mako's style of handling romantic conflicts xD
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: