Oct 17, 2017 06:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Who do you think are Lin's/Suyin's fathers? (pick two)
Aang - 8 (2.9%)
Sokka - 32 (11.6%)
Zuko - 25 (9.1%)
The Duke - 20 (7.3%)
Haru - 7 (2.5%)
One of Toph's students - 9 (3.3%)
Unknown new character - 85 (30.9%)
The world will never know - 56 (20.4%)
Other - 21 (7.6%)
Teo - 12 (4.4%)
Total Voters: 219

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who are the Beifong sisters' fathers?  (Read 266058 times)
Malckeor
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #25 on: Mar 24, 2012 09:41 pm »

The Duke. During the commentary on the finale, when they hugged, Bryke was like "HEY GAIS HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT"

This.
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #26 on: Mar 24, 2012 09:56 pm »

I actually it might be The Duke. It just seems like something Mike and Bryan would do. Though I would prefer for it to be some guy we never met before.

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #27 on: Mar 24, 2012 10:29 pm »

^I kinda hope its not the Duke... At least not with the evidence we have. They hugged? Well, I hug a lot of people who aren't going to marry me.

I don't care too much. I just rather it be some new guy, or something.

Sigs are for the weak
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #28 on: Mar 24, 2012 10:31 pm »

While I would prefer a new guy, I doubt we'll ever even learn who he is.

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #29 on: Mar 24, 2012 10:33 pm »

^Even though I would prefer to know... I think I'd be ok with us never finding out.

Sigs are for the weak
duckie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Kyoshi fan strikes again with the sig and avi :)

« Reply #30 on: Mar 24, 2012 10:33 pm »

While I would prefer a new guy, I doubt we'll ever even learn who he is.

Yup. I think so too.

Proud Zutarian till the end. Going down with the ship Cheesy

IROSAMI for life!
Fleur du Feu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avi by EndlessFlame55 resized by puddlesandmistake

« Reply #31 on: Mar 24, 2012 10:35 pm »

^ *nods*

Keeps "Ikkirupter",  Mako's moxie, Jinora and Ikki's on-board shipping & Korra's doorbusting definition of 'cautious'. Proud Maiko, Kataang, and Sukka shiper. Sig is by PonDeReplay
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #32 on: Mar 24, 2012 10:37 pm »

^Even though I would prefer to know... I think I'd be ok with us never finding out.
Strangely enough I am too. Same goes for Ursa. Sure I was annoyed when they set it all up then didn't follow through, but I didn't really care to see her (and I was more upset Ty Lee wasn't at the tea shop at the end).

duckie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Kyoshi fan strikes again with the sig and avi :)

« Reply #33 on: Mar 24, 2012 10:38 pm »

The Duke. During the commentary on the finale, when they hugged, Bryke was like "HEY GAIS HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT"

This.

I thought they were just trolling us or even mocking us for taking every little interaction in a shipping way.

Proud Zutarian till the end. Going down with the ship Cheesy

IROSAMI for life!
Fleur du Feu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #34 on: Mar 24, 2012 10:39 pm »

Same goes for Ursa.
I still want to know about Ursa. Bryke's trolling had me sputtering with frustration.

Keeps "Ikkirupter",  Mako's moxie, Jinora and Ikki's on-board shipping & Korra's doorbusting definition of 'cautious'. Proud Maiko, Kataang, and Sukka shiper. Sig is by PonDeReplay
momo_toph26
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Meelo and his potato head

« Reply #35 on: Mar 24, 2012 10:41 pm »

I have a theory, which may or may not be possible.

Going back to Greek mythology Athena was born from Zeus' intellect. SO, maybe since Toph is so awesome, Lin was born from Toph's bending. One moment she wasn't there, then *poof* there she is.

Sig by arasam22
Fleur du Feu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #36 on: Mar 24, 2012 10:42 pm »

If anyone was ever badass enough to reproduce like Zeus it would have to be Toph.

aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #37 on: Mar 24, 2012 10:42 pm »

This.

I thought they were just trolling us or even mocking us for taking every little interaction in a shipping way.
^That is a very possible that's what they were doing. They love doing that.

Same goes for Ursa.
I still want to know about Ursa. Bryke's trolling had me sputtering with frustration.
That's partially why I love it. Because I'm getting a laugh that Mike and Bryan are getting.

iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #38 on: Mar 24, 2012 10:44 pm »

^Yeah, I never was that bent out of shape over Ursa. I wanna know, but I don't need to. And I think the trolling is funny. XD

Sigs are for the weak
TokoToTheEnd
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm a star

« Reply #39 on: Mar 24, 2012 11:08 pm »

Zuko.

That is all.

The rabid Toko shipper in me likes this idea.

But I also think it might be someone knew. Or the guy who I said was it from my bet. I am too lazy to remember his name.

Not all what I seem to be
Amagoi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #40 on: Mar 24, 2012 11:49 pm »

Going back to Greek mythology Athena was born from Zeus' intellect. SO, maybe since Toph is so awesome, Lin was born from Toph's bending. One moment she wasn't there, then *poof* there she is.

I bet it's more like Wonder Woman. Toph made a girl out of metal, and the Gods of Bending were all like "Wow, that's just too cool. Let's totally turn her into a human." And BAM, metal bending baby!
-Ursa-
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Change is in the nature of fire...

« Reply #41 on: Mar 24, 2012 11:57 pm »

Same goes for Ursa.
That's partially why I love it. Because I'm getting a laugh that Mike and Bryan are getting.
[/quote]
I don't think they'll tell us where Ursa is. I mean, I even doubt that they have decided what to do with that question. It's going to be left blank, but they will continue to tease us, unless they decide to make it important for Korra's plot.

Back to topic... For some reason the idea of thinking The Duke as Toph's husband disturbs me. I don't know, I cannot think of them together. For a while I was thinking that maybe Toph adopted Lin. I don't know how it works in the avatar world but Lin has Toph's surname, not that of the father's. But then, Toph is not the motherly type....

Listen to the fire. It sings many songs. Every night it tells us the secrets hiding in the shadows.
Keeper of; Ursa's secrets.
Amonymous
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The era of bending is over

« Reply #42 on: Mar 24, 2012 11:58 pm »

Lol, so Toph swallowed a guy? XD Zeus did swallow Metis, out came Athena.

Wink
NativeSpirit
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #43 on: Mar 24, 2012 11:58 pm »

I'm was kinda thinking it was "Firenation Freddie" myself.

The Great Spirit is in all things, he is in the air we breathe. The Great Spirit is our Father, but the Earth is our Mother. She nourishes us, that which we put into the ground she returns to us....
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #44 on: Mar 25, 2012 12:15 am »

The last we saw Toph she was 12. You don't know how she grew up. She could have been a very loving and kind mother.  Lin's father could be from a lower social class, so he adopted Toph's surname.

Earth Angel
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #45 on: Mar 25, 2012 12:20 am »

Ugh, please don't let it be The Duke. Just... please. That is all.

iKeep: Makorra | the Makorra hug & kiss in 112 | Makorra's final scene
DoTheDwah
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Get in... I got caaandyyy...

michael_manley_426
« Reply #46 on: Mar 25, 2012 12:39 am »

I too subscribe to the theory that Toph simply molded a bunch of metal and transformed it into a baby with the power of sheer awesome.

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The Dragon of the East

« Reply #47 on: Mar 25, 2012 12:53 am »

I have a feeling it was Sokka. Hear me out, here.  Now Suki, Ty Lee and the Kyoshi Warriors were tasking with keeping order in what eventually became Republic City, right?  Well, I'm thinking Suki died in some kind of incident that led to the creation of Amon and the Equalists.  In that sense, I'm thinking Sokka found comfort in Toph and remarried having a daughter, Lin, an Earthbender like her mother.  This could mean Amon is Suki/Sokka's son, who grew up motherless because Suki probably died at the hands of a rogue bender and resenting his father who, after losing his wife, turned to a bender for comfort.

Narook's Seaweed Noodlery.  Authentic Southern Water Tribe cuisine.  The best seaweed noodles in Republic City.  It's not just whale blubber, folks!
TokoToTheEnd
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm a star

« Reply #48 on: Mar 25, 2012 12:58 am »

It's a male!Toph from another world. He heard that Toph wanted a kid so he went over there because only Toph can mate with Toph. Selfcest though it may be.

Not all what I seem to be
Fleur du Feu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #49 on: Mar 25, 2012 01:15 am »

I bet it's more like Wonder Woman. Toph made a girl out of metal, and the Gods of Bending were all like "Wow, that's just too cool. Let's totally turn her into a human." And BAM, metal bending baby!

That reminds me of how the dwarves are made in The Silmarillion
(kind of)

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: