Aug 23, 2017 09:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 164 (57.7%)
9 - 65 (22.9%)
8 - 43 (15.1%)
7 - 8 (2.8%)
6 - 1 (0.4%)
5 - 1 (0.4%)
4 - 0 (0%)
3 - 0 (0%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 2 (0.7%)
Total Voters: 284

Pages: « previous page   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [102] A Leaf in the Wind  (Read 59015 times)
waterlilies8
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1000 on: Apr 21, 2012 04:02 am »

I hope that we will see Tenzin, Pema and kids wearing water tribe clothing since we see Korra in air bender clothes and I like how she has the sleeves rolled up in one scene.

Thanks to Tv Tropes, I believe that Toza was one of Sokka’s little warriors from the first episode of ATLA. 

Korra is using her adaptability to learn the bending version for probending. Korra needs to assert herself after all those years of being seemingly-coddled by the White Lotus.

I also don't think that the ending was rushed. the reason for my thinking is that she wasn't actually airbending, more like just doing the moves. she did tell Tenzin that everytime she tried to airbend nothing happened.

Tenzin is a hypocrite because he does actually like probending.

These episodes are so pretty. I also like the music; it’s like a mixture of Mulan and The Lion King, mixed with some anime and jazz into it. I also think the pacing could be better. Just like in ATLA, I like this series from episode 1, I just hope it stays good because I would hate to start liking a show and not want to finish it. Same rating as the first episode and same reason for not postiing sooner, except for te tv tropes thing. I am probably forgetting a lot that I wanted to say.

I don’t think that Makorra or Borra are going to happen. To me, it’s going to be someone else but it will get in the way of Probending.
ChibiChibiBear
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

You gotta deal with it.

« Reply #1001 on: Apr 21, 2012 09:56 am »

Tenzin is a hypocrite because he does actually like probending.

I don't think he's a hypocrite. Korra was succeeding at a skill he had been trying to teach her. Of course he got excited. He loves Korra, he'd be happy to see her succeed, and even if he hates the sport he'd want her to win.

I think he still doesn't like the sport because it goes against what he feels the purpose/spirit of bending is. He doesn't like the violence, is how I interpreted it, and considering Korra doesn't get the spiritual side, he probably thinks getting into such an aggressive, physical sport is counter-productive to what she needs.

Keeper of: Zuko's hatred of peasant life, Jet and Zuko's teamwork, Jet's obsession with Zuko, and the ship of Jetko!
Master of: Broadswords, hookswords, and
JuDee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

^Credit to INTJf

« Reply #1002 on: May 01, 2012 02:06 am »

Oh man, it's been so long. Yeah I'm kinda late.
I love these two episodes. The colors, the bending, the music... They're all coming back to me. So nostalgic.

Tenzin's kids... I kind of looking at the three parts of Aang, and very little Katara. Fun, lol.

Keeps : Female Air Nomad's robe, Aang's Fire Nation school outfit, Joo Dee's official tour guide robe and The Day of Black Sun.
Ceibita
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

=(^.^)=

« Reply #1003 on: May 01, 2012 05:08 am »

I can agree with Tenzin's point of view on Probending. I can't stand Olympic/Sport style Taekwondo. It teaches you how to score points on each other, not how to stand up for yourself in a *real* fight. I don't think that's what martial arts should be about.

アバターが好きだよ!
BlackPanther1012
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1004 on: May 19, 2012 04:22 pm »

I can agree with Tenzin's point of view on Probending. I can't stand Olympic/Sport style Taekwondo. It teaches you how to score points on each other, not how to stand up for yourself in a *real* fight. I don't think that's what martial arts should be about.

+1

What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.
--Philipians 4:9
DoTheDwah
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Get in... I got caaandyyy...

michael_manley_426
« Reply #1005 on: Jul 09, 2012 10:21 pm »

Just rewatched the episode in-between the "Korra: Making of a Legend" snippets. I didn't notice this one expression until this viewing:

It's these little, specific expressions that you may not even catch the first time that puts this and the previous series at least a whole notch above any other stiff, model sheet-shackled show out there. You can tell exactly what she's feeling here, but you can't immediately describe it in simple adjectives. Any other action-based animation would've just used one of the five or seven expressions they already have in stock.

And I have to note the asymmetry in the drawing here; no part of her is perfectly parallel to the other side of her body. That stands in stark contrast to other action show character models that, in their ironic goal of being more realistic, wind up less realistic simply because there is nothing natural about perfect symmetry in biological beings.

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #1006 on: Jul 09, 2012 10:27 pm »

The animation of those first two episodes was really fantastic.

mindbender1
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Oh yeah baby...I rock! sig=guitarfreak magic!

« Reply #1007 on: Jul 11, 2012 08:58 am »

Just rewatched the episode in-between the "Korra: Making of a Legend" snippets. I didn't notice this one expression until this viewing:
http://hdscreenshots.avatarspiritmedia.net/korra/102/0212.jpg

It's these little, specific expressions that you may not even catch the first time that puts this and the previous series at least a whole notch above any other stiff, model sheet-shackled show out there. You can tell exactly what she's feeling here, but you can't immediately describe it in simple adjectives. Any other action-based animation would've just used one of the five or seven expressions they already have in stock.

And I have to note the asymmetry in the drawing here; no part of her is perfectly parallel to the other side of her body. That stands in stark contrast to other action show character models that, in their ironic goal of being more realistic, wind up less realistic simply because there is nothing natural about perfect symmetry in biological beings.

I love the fact that there is a picture of Lin on the side of the paper she is trying to airbend against.  Angst anyone?

Please remove the img tag when quoting images next time. ~ Icy
« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2012 05:58 pm by Icy_Ashford » Logged

Keeps: Aang's Kanelephant Strut, training blindfolded, & all of his cool disappearances
Lin's zipping Bolin's fly, Meelo's fartbending ability, Aang's tenderness to Korra
Ikkin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1008 on: Jul 11, 2012 07:15 pm »

I love the fact that there is a picture of Lin on the side of the paper she is trying to airbend against.  Angst anyone?

Angst?  Nah, that's just Korra being vindictive.  xD

Korra Ramblings on Tumblr

Child of the Elements - A look at Korra's childhood with the Order of the White Lotus. (Complete)
DoTheDwah
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Get in... I got caaandyyy...

michael_manley_426
« Reply #1009 on: Jul 12, 2012 11:15 am »

It's hard to tell, but I think that might be Tarrlok on the opposite side of the paper.

NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #1010 on: Jul 12, 2012 12:11 pm »

^ Pretty sure it is.

iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #1011 on: Jul 12, 2012 03:06 pm »

Its definitely him.

Sigs are for the weak
Weege the Airbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Airbender for Life

« Reply #1012 on: Sep 02, 2014 09:23 am »

I really love the dynamic between Korra and Tenzin in this episode. Tenzin is the strict teacher/father coping with the rebellious teenage student/daughter. I love their relationship!

"I told you I would destroy you."
"With you out of the way, I will be the one true Avatar."
"Your name will echo throughout history: Korra, the last Avatar."
Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1013 on: Dec 30, 2014 07:26 pm »

I agree with that. Tenzin and Korra continue to interact well. The humor this episode was pretty spot on. Jinora was hilarious as was Korra and the other air kids. I also loved the part where Ikki and Jinora hug their dad after Korra and Meelo storm off. Anyway, Bolin and Mako had fantastic introductions. People  claim that Mako was the stereotypical stoic jerk-face found in a variety of anime, but I think that was just his design. The poor kid can't help how he looks or sounds, in fact he even said that he was being sincere when he complimented Korra. Bolin was also a delight to watch. I liked him best in the final season, but he was pretty good in this episode as well.

I did not, however, like pro-bending; it made for a rather boring plotline. I was under the impression that it would be more fast paced. In my opinion, the first half of season one should have focused on the bending triads, that would have served as a better bridge to the Equalist sub-plot.
Pages: « previous page   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: