Aug 17, 2017 11:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Social media of ATLA & TLOK staff (Bryan, Mike, voice actors, etc...)  (Read 631205 times)
ByStorm
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Look with favor upon a bold beginning.

« Reply #8000 on: Oct 05, 2016 01:43 am »

Quote from: The Mike
Thanks! I'm definitely focused on publishing right now. Honestly, I don't have a huge urge to get back into TV, but I could change my mind at some point in the future.

Well, pack it in, people. The franchise is over.

Maybe Nick will be nice and revive it with new showrunners.

Yes. In the new Ben 10 art style as a comedy.
I believe Moe has something to say about that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER7bIGwJeho

Just commenting how the reboots, at least from Cartoon Network, all have lazy art design to them. I know Nick won't fall down that hole, though the question remains.

Would it get cancelled before it actually found an audience, or canned because it's not Spongebob? They need to phase out Spongebob to only a half hour and bring back their Mid 00's shows in continuations, unless the reboot  is like in Studio Mir animation style, because El Tigre, Danny Phantom or My Life As A Teenage Robot in that or any detailed anime style would just be killer like that. I prefer the original styles, but I keep envisioning one of those like that and I just want them to take my money. At least if it's like a one-off.

But for Avatar? I sort of want a few movies like how Dragon Ball has. Non-canonical movies set in the universe with movie-exclusive enemies, if not adapting the comics in the loosest manner possible.

"For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted God, adorned themselves, being in subjection to their owl husbands." - The Owl Bible , 1 Strigidae Bubo 3:5. Taken from a typo in 1 Peter 3:5.
Raimundo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8001 on: Oct 06, 2016 09:41 pm »

But for Avatar? I sort of want a few movies like how Dragon Ball has. Non-canonical movies set in the universe with movie-exclusive enemies, if not adapting the comics in the loosest manner possible.

This. There are so many characters that deserve to have their own spinoff movie.

Oddly enough, I don't blame Mike for wanting to take a break from television for a while. Heck, I'm just glad he's sticking with the franchise considering it seemed like Bryan jumped the Avatar ship as soon as LOK was over (though I'm interested in his future work as well).
ByStorm
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Look with favor upon a bold beginning.

« Reply #8002 on: Oct 07, 2016 12:03 am »

This. There are so many characters that deserve to have their own spinoff movie.

Oddly enough, I don't blame Mike for wanting to take a break from television for a while. Heck, I'm just glad he's sticking with the franchise considering it seemed like Bryan jumped the Avatar ship as soon as LOK was over (though I'm interested in his future work as well).
I sort of want those movies to be theatrical so as to revive 2D animation as a viable art form since it's been mostly lost in the United States. Is it wrong of me to want a "Path to Power" esque reboot where they condense Book 1 into a different story that doesn't attempt to retell Book 1 in a whole , but does its own interpretation of it? Then again, I also really want a live action reboot , so whatever is done better.

I can understand the burn out. It's been 10 years that they worked in the same universe and want to do other things. Once Voltron's done, I would like it if that crew did a another Avatar series, or a reboot set in the same universe, but it could go deeper than the original show.

"For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted God, adorned themselves, being in subjection to their owl husbands." - The Owl Bible , 1 Strigidae Bubo 3:5. Taken from a typo in 1 Peter 3:5.
Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8003 on: Dec 27, 2016 04:04 am »

Kihyun Ryu posted an animatic from Book 1, episode 5 of LOK. Interestingly, it includes some dialogue not in the finished show (skip to 0:46).

Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #8004 on: Dec 27, 2016 07:29 am »

Care package with skincare products eh?

I wish that they kept the bespectacled girl next to Tahno instead of having generic beautiful women hanging off his arm.

Heh, so Mako blushed a bit in the storyboards when he said he thought Korra was amazing huh?

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
ahintoflime
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8005 on: Dec 27, 2016 08:04 pm »

(skip to 0:46).

I guess another moment between Korra and Asami without Mako being the center of their lives was too much.
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #8006 on: Dec 29, 2016 06:18 am »

Ryu posted an animatic from eps 312 & 313. They're a beautiful sight to behold.

It's still uncomfortable to see Korra in immense pain from the poison though.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Runamuck
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8007 on: Jan 29, 2017 03:24 am »

Admittedly I have never been all that taken by that soundtrack of the Avatar series, but I know that a lot of the people on this board are, so this might be of interest to some:
http://bryankonietzko.tumblr.com/post/156450652552/i-joined-jeremy-zuckerman-for-an-in-depth

Freedom153
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

That Could Have Been Executed Better

« Reply #8008 on: Jan 29, 2017 03:47 pm »

I just wish they'd release the soundtracks! Why don't they just do it?

Additional datapoints acquired. Additional animated stories viewed. Directive: adjust opinion... adjusting...
First eyes, a treasure. New eyes, end with a pretentious blink, own vision eclipses.
Book 5:Humanity, aka: Freedom's First Writ
Red Hawk
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8009 on: Jan 29, 2017 06:02 pm »

Admittedly I have never been all that taken by that soundtrack of the Avatar series, but I know that a lot of the people on this board are, so this might be of interest to some:
http://bryankonietzko.tumblr.com/post/156450652552/i-joined-jeremy-zuckerman-for-an-in-depth

Well I have been taken by ATLA/LOK's music since the beginning, so I'm definitely interested.  Thanks for posting it!

I just wish they'd release the soundtracks! Why don't they just do it?

Not the co-creators' or composer's call to make.  They managed to get a LoK Book 1 soundtrack out, but executives were somehow unimpressed with sales (even though it topped Amazon's soundtrack chart IIRC...) and never greenlit further soundtrack releases.  Keep in mind that Nickelodeon music is probably a whole separate department from animation.  Jeremy posts a track to his Soundcloud account every now and then (just a month or so ago he posted Book 4 finale music including Korra's fight with Kuvira and Mako destroying the Colossus), but I figure he can only post so much so often or he could get in trouble with Nick.
« Last Edit: Jan 29, 2017 06:03 pm by Red Hawk » Logged
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #8010 on: Jan 30, 2017 06:40 pm »

You know for years the score to Transformer: The Movie was lost. The soundtrack had been released with the licensed songs and a few samples of Vince DiCola's score, but the full score was never released.

Until, that is, the Botcon fan convention actually put out several editions of the reconstructed score with DiCola's help. After all, it was all synthesizer.

Of course, Avatar doesn't have any fan conventions. So we'll never get an AtLA soundtrack or the rest of the LoK soundtracks.

I just thought that was an interesting story.

Uzuko
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8011 on: Jan 30, 2017 08:15 pm »

Avatar has no fan conventions? Gargoyles had a yearly fan convention pre the new millennium that lasted more than a decade!
Runamuck
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8012 on: Mar 20, 2017 02:06 pm »

Looks like Bryan had been drawing a little for charity:
http://bryankonietzko.tumblr.com/post/158476526527/im-donating-this-drawing-to-the-anime-boston

Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8013 on: Mar 25, 2017 11:37 am »

That's so cute!

Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8014 on: May 23, 2017 06:15 pm »

Bryan made this picture of Aang today:

And now for something light and fluffy… I drew this today as a warm-up for no particular reason, during the course of which I discovered I get nauseated from staring at color halftones up close. So………… here ya go!

Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #8015 on: Jun 16, 2017 08:16 pm »

The Track Team just posted this on their Facebook page. Both members have gone their separate ways.

In 2015, after more than a decade of collaboration, we decided to forge our independent paths and dissolve The Track Team.

Endless thanks to those who’ve encouraged and inspired us along the way - fans of our work and the shows we’ve had the honor to be a part of, those we’ve worked with professionally as The Track Team, and most importantly Bryan Konietzko and Michael DiMartino who gave us our start.

It’s been an incredibly productive and eventful ride so far. We look forward to what awaits us as we take this next step in our careers. We’re not going away! Please continue to keep tabs on us via our individual websites and social media accounts.

Much love,
Jeremy Zuckerman and Benjamin Wynn, June 2017
http://www.thetrackteam.com

BlueberrySpiceHead
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8016 on: Jun 20, 2017 08:13 pm »

Well that's sad Sad
Red Hawk
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8017 on: Jul 17, 2017 12:51 am »

Just how involved was Ben Wynn in the production of LoK, though? Jeremy was credited with all the music and LoK had a separate foley artist, as I recall.
Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8018 on: Jul 17, 2017 08:16 pm »

I posted about this on the merch board, but I should probably put the full post here too. Mike commented on it too.

Bryan redesigned the Korrasami statue Mondo announced a while back. Turns out the Korra and Asami drawing he posted a while back was actually part of the design.

Quote from: Bryan Konietzko
Remember way back at the end of 2015 when I said I drew a thing for a thing? Well, that thing is finally *almost* done. The fine folks at Mondo approached us back then about doing a Korrasami statue, and sent over a 2D concept by Eric Siebenaler. I did my revision pass, going for more of a tender moment, resulting in the black & white sketch above, which was used by sculptor Joe Jung. The photo at the top is the first pass on the paint, so there may be some tweaks before this is released. I’m pretty sure it will be on display at Mondo’s booth at San Diego Comic Con this week, and pre-orders will start soon. Thanks to Mondo for the cool project and to Nerdist for the SDCC preview!
http://nerdist.com/mondo-brings-batman-korra-the-rocketeer-and-more-to-sdcc-exclusive/

Quote from:  Michael Dante DiMartino

This is a nice companion piece while you’re reading Turf Wars! Beautiful moment!

Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8019 on: Jul 19, 2017 01:53 pm »

Mike posted this on tumblr:

Quote from:  Mike
Scriptnotes, Ep 296: Television with Damon Lindelof — Transcript

This is a conversation between John August and Damon Lindelof (co-creator of Lost/The Leftovers) from the Scriptnotes podcast. I found this exchange to be particularly relevant to the creation of TV/comics/books as it relates to fandom. You can hear the whole interview at the link below. It has a lot of great insights into the reality of writing and making television.

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT:

John: That’s great. So, a thing we were talking about before we started recording is that while you were doing Lost you kept getting hit with two questions. And I want to sort of address those two questions that everyone always asked you about the show and what effect they could have. So what are the two questions?

Damon: …The first question is were you making it up as you went along. And certainly as we were writing the show that was in the present tense, are you making it up as you go along? So that’s question number one. And when someone asks you a question like that, they’re not curious. There’s an answer that they want. Because who in the history of the world has been asked that question and you want the answer to be, “Uh, yeah, I’m just making it up as I go along, man. I’m just winging it. I’m President Trump. I’m just like tweeting and figuring things out as I go. This is a tough job.”

You want people to have a plan for sure. So that’s the correct answer is we are absolutely not making it up as we go along. There is a roadmap. There is a bible. All of these things exist. That’s the appropriate answer.

Question number two. How much influence does the audience/fandom have on the outcome of the show? We’re really engaged. We have theories. We go to fan events. We’re on Reddit and Twitter talking about and theorizing about the show. Do you read that stuff and does it influence you? And the answer to that question, the desired answer is, yes, you as an audience have a tremendous influence on the show and the outcome of the show. We’re listening to the things that you don’t like and we’re course-correcting and we’re listening to the things that you like and we’re doing more of that.

And yet there doesn’t seem to be an awareness that these two ideas are paradoxical.

John: Absolutely. They’re completely antithetical. Like something can’t be predetermined and be, you know, have free will based on what the audience wants.

https://johnaugust.com/2017/scriptnotes-ep-296-television-with-damon-lindelof-transcript

Hmmmm.

Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #8020 on: Jul 20, 2017 05:50 am »

Hmm indeed. Those two points have been discussed before years ago and it feels like we're flogging a dead horse if we bring them up again.

Yougo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Respect the Screaming bird!

« Reply #8021 on: Jul 20, 2017 12:09 pm »

Someone should do it. take AtlA, write a computer program that gathers plot input from all over the internet, rolls a big dice and spits out episodes based on that. just for scientific curiosity (and watching tumblr catch actual physical fire).

sig by me.
keeper of: the Screaming bird's horrible shreak; The Bendig Mark.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #8022 on: Jul 20, 2017 07:23 pm »

I feel like there's a lesson in here about extremes and balance, but that kind of wisdom if hardly appropriate to the themes of Legend of Korra.

Yougo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Respect the Screaming bird!

« Reply #8023 on: Jul 21, 2017 01:34 am »

...yeah that ship has long sailed :-) I guess Eska could catch up to it if you piss her off enough?

/edit
really though. someone writes a book. he gets it printed. you buy it, read it, and if you didn't like it, tough.
A writer has a story to tell. it's his/their story, and if they want to tell it their way, let them. i find the notion that the audience should have a controlling vote by default ridiculous. until the creator of the content specifically ask for input or decides to gather "inspiration" from his/her audiences's feedback, it's the creator's choice. if not, tough. don't like it? go read/watch/play/listen/eat something else, or make your own.
« Last Edit: Jul 21, 2017 01:58 am by Yougo » Logged

sig by me.
keeper of: the Screaming bird's horrible shreak; The Bendig Mark.
ahintoflime
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8024 on: Jul 21, 2017 11:06 am »

Wait, I'm confused. So what is the story they WANTED to tell originally before they listened to the audience?

I don't recall commissioning this. When did I contribute to the bible?
« Last Edit: Jul 21, 2017 11:09 am by ahintoflime » Logged
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: