Nov 22, 2019 01:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Social media of ATLA & TLOK staff (Bryan, Mike, voice actors, etc...)  (Read 834900 times)
Freedom153
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

That Could Have Been Executed Better

« Reply #7900 on: Nov 02, 2015 04:15 pm »

3 day delayed reaction:

When I saw it somewhere else three days ago, I thought that Korrasami piece was fanart, not Bryan's last Inktober piece. I definitely like the Zuko one better. Maybe it's just that Korra's hair isn't any lighter than Asami's.

Additional datapoints acquired. Additional animated stories viewed. Directive: adjust opinion... adjusting...
First eyes, a treasure. New eyes, end with a pretentious blink, own vision eclipses.
Book 5:Humanity, aka: Freedom's First Writ
Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7901 on: Nov 02, 2015 05:35 pm »

I think it's an ok picture. Kind of oddly framed/posed I guess.

Ikkin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7902 on: Nov 02, 2015 07:53 pm »

I think it's an ok picture. Kind of oddly framed/posed I guess.

As usual, Korra doesn't seem interested in cooperating with attempts to make her seem interested in Asami.  She looks like she's enthralled by something over Asami's shoulder.  XD;

Korra Ramblings on Tumblr

Child of the Elements - A look at Korra's childhood with the Order of the White Lotus. (Complete)
Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7903 on: Nov 02, 2015 08:07 pm »

Well, according to the caption:

I had to stitch these two together digitally since I kept messing up one or the other.

Clowngoon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7904 on: Nov 02, 2015 08:18 pm »

Still waiting on those Fire Nation designs....

"Some friendships can transcend through lifetimes."

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character."
mmoon24
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7905 on: Nov 03, 2015 10:42 am »

Asami's face looks a bit weird. I know it's the angle, but it almost seems her face was smushed.
Uzuko
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7906 on: Nov 03, 2015 12:07 pm »

Asami's face looks a bit weird. I know it's the angle, but it almost seems her face was smushed.

She looks like she should be starring at a desert or lunch hungrily instead of her supposed love interest, well lovingly.
Freedom153
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7907 on: Nov 03, 2015 01:24 pm »

She looks like she should be starring at a desert or lunch hungrily instead of her supposed love interest, well lovingly.
"OHHHH DELICIOUS IM GONNA STUFF YOU IN MY MOUTH"

Cheesy

Enough of that. It's just a quick sketch, even if Asami's hair should be much darker.

Here's some backdrops I saw that I liked:

(This one I like a lot - Zaheer's prison cell)

("Creepy" vibe for The Spirit Wilds)
Both from someone who worked on TLOK, re...tumblered by Bryan, if that's the right word.

Additional datapoints acquired. Additional animated stories viewed. Directive: adjust opinion... adjusting...
First eyes, a treasure. New eyes, end with a pretentious blink, own vision eclipses.
ahintoflime
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7908 on: Nov 03, 2015 03:24 pm »

I wonder how this stops him from airbending and meditating into the spirit world where he can continue his quest for "true freedom?" I can see it with the other Red Lotus, but I'm not feeling it here.
luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7909 on: Nov 03, 2015 03:31 pm »

He was chained on the metal platform in the middle of the room, still not sure why they felt the need to give him a large space to begin with. Also since he can meditate to go into the spirit world, he's not really imprisoned and what would stop him from making plans? Though I'm guessing since he didn't know that much about Kuvira, perhaps other members in the Red Lotus abandoned him, just like Unalaq did all those years ago.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #7910 on: Nov 03, 2015 07:18 pm »

He was chained on the metal platform in the middle of the room, still not sure why they felt the need to give him a large space to begin with.

To keep him from exploiting a small space to generate enough air pressure to crack the walls outward?

But when I wrote about it, it required Avatar State levels of power.

Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7911 on: Nov 13, 2015 06:28 pm »

Quote from: Mike
I’ll be appearing at Bookcon in Chicago in May, speaking about my middle-grade fantasy novel, now titled “Rebel Genius.” Details here:

Link

Mike posted this to his tumblr. Bryan also reblogged it with this:

Quote from: Bryan
Mike’s first novel is A W E S O M E ! ! !

Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7912 on: Dec 19, 2015 07:58 pm »

Edit: Ack, sorry, didn't realise I double posted.

Bryan posted a new picture for the finale anniversary.

Quote from:  Bryan Konietzko
Wikipedia tells me the finale was a year ago today. I hope it was a good year for everyone! It was a weird one for me—but ultimately a good one, I think—full of new challenges and adjustments, and plenty of decompressing from the five intense years of making Korra. Thanks to everyone for the continued support of our/my work, old and new. Here is a sneak peek of a thing I drew for a thing. I hope you all have a safe and happy end of the year!

Love, Bryan

I wonder what the "thing" is? Also, I noticed the style looks a little different in this picture. The eyes look rounder. I wonder if that's because he's been working on his comic?

Clowngoon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7913 on: Dec 19, 2015 10:36 pm »

I wonder if they did something like this a year after ATLA ended...

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character."
Ikkin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7914 on: Dec 19, 2015 11:00 pm »

I wonder what the "thing" is? Also, I noticed the style looks a little different in this picture. The eyes look rounder. I wonder if that's because he's been working on his comic?

All I know is, it better not be for that Naga comic.  Please, Bryke, at lease let me have that.  =(

That aside, I'm guessing it's a print of some kind, possibly done for charity.  That seems to be most of what he uses this kind of stuff for, anyway.

Child of the Elements - A look at Korra's childhood with the Order of the White Lotus. (Complete)
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #7915 on: Dec 19, 2015 11:06 pm »

Mako and Bolin don't seem to exist in Korra any more. I like these two girls as characters but the boys have been through so much too. I reblogged a Team Krew image in honour of the finale anniversary.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7916 on: Dec 20, 2015 12:17 am »

All I know is, it better not be for that Naga comic.  Please, Bryke, at lease let me have that.  =(

That aside, I'm guessing it's a print of some kind, possibly done for charity.  That seems to be most of what he uses this kind of stuff for, anyway.

Yeah, I'm guessing that it's not for the FCBD comic because he'd probably be able to mention that at this point. I agree that it's probably going to be for charity or even just a general print, maybe being sold at some kind of upcoming event he'll be attending.

Mako and Bolin don't seem to exist in Korra any more. I like these two girls as characters but the boys have been through so much too. I reblogged a Team Krew image in honour of the finale anniversary.

Yeah, I do feel kind of bad that some of the other main characters are kind of being neglected. Korra appearing a lot I can understand- she's the protagonist after all- but it's weird how Asami went from being a pretty secondary character on the show to being one of the only characters who gets drawn anymore.

If you take out the illustrations Bryan's produced for work purposes (eg DVD covers, con prints) then you're basically just left with a couple of Korrasami sketches and a picture of Wan and Vaatu. If you include the work ones, then you get a few pictures of Korra on her own, two of her with Aang, and the date night print. He also drew several ATLA pictures, both for work and for fun.

To be fair, I'd imagine drawing the same characters for several years straight might get a bit repetitive, so I can see why he wouldn't be posting fresh LOK drawings all that often. But it's still a little weird to see previously major characters completely unacknowledged. 

Clowngoon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7917 on: Dec 20, 2015 11:00 am »

Looks like my prediction regarding Korra came nine years earlier than expected.

Runamuck
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7918 on: Dec 20, 2015 11:35 am »

Is it just because I’ve got Leisure Suit Larry on my mind, or could that picture make for an amusing capture contest?
Ikkin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7919 on: Dec 20, 2015 12:13 pm »

Which prediction?

mmoon24
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7920 on: Dec 20, 2015 12:48 pm »

This picture has been bothering me for the simple reason that the adjusted artstyle...I feel like I've seen it somewhere else in an anime, manga, or something of that nature.

But yeah, I agree with some of you guys. I'd love to see some Tenzin, Mako, Bolin, etc artwork =(.
Clowngoon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7921 on: Dec 20, 2015 03:27 pm »

Which prediction?
That TLOK would become "The Legend of Korrasami" with any other character or element from the show pretty much being shoved aside by the creators except Korra and Asami.

Freedom153
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7922 on: Dec 20, 2015 03:39 pm »

Yeah, I do feel kind of bad that some of the other main characters are kind of being neglected. Korra appearing a lot I can understand- she's the protagonist after all- but it's weird how Asami went from being a pretty secondary character on the show to being one of the only characters who gets drawn anymore.

If you take out the illustrations Bryan's produced for work purposes (eg DVD covers, con prints) then you're basically just left with a couple of Korrasami sketches and a picture of Wan and Vaatu. If you include the work ones, then you get a few pictures of Korra on her own, two of her with Aang, and the date night print. He also drew several ATLA pictures, both for work and for fun.

To be fair, I'd imagine drawing the same characters for several years straight might get a bit repetitive, so I can see why he wouldn't be posting fresh LOK drawings all that often. But it's still a little weird to see previously major characters completely unacknowledged. 
This picture has been bothering me for the simple reason that the adjusted artstyle...I feel like I've seen it somewhere else in an anime, manga, or something of that nature.

But yeah, I agree with some of you guys. I'd love to see some Tenzin, Mako, Bolin, etc artwork =(.
Input acknowledged. Processing variables "Bolin", "Mako", and "Tenzin"...

Processing complete. Deemed not relevant to master RPRSNT directive. Hype machine not activated for one year mark of recurrence of termination of show protocols beyond END-SCHIP boards and assosciated readouts. Characters deemed irrelevant by LEG-ASCII protocol not depicted in visual output.

Which prediction?
That TLOK would become "The Legend of Korrasami" with any other character or element from the show pretty much being shoved aside by the creators except Korra and Asami.
Affirmative to "Clowngoon" assessment of output. RPRSNT directive attained attention beyond observer base of show output. LEG-ASCII protocol must be followed. Please see upcoming Dark Horse comics for first major output. This system hopes you are pleased with the results of this operating platform.

In all seriousness, mainly due to how it was executed and how much attention it got elsewhere, I have to admit, the first word I associate with The Legend of Korra is "Korrasami".

And again, in all seriousness, I like that latest Korrasami picture better than the one he did for Inktober. The style might be off compared to the show, but at least they look like they're interacting rather than being part of a composition, and Asami's hair is appropriately darker than Korra's.

That being said, the little heart at the bottom left with
"KO
NIETZ
KO"
in it is a bit much, especially considering that no other characters from the series were depicted in this thing ostensibly released to celebrate the series itself's one-year anniversary of ending. TLOK's more than just two characters, even if it's not that way to the media and how people who didn't watch it most likely know the show. Like Breaking Bad was more than blue meth crystals, but chances are that's what someone will mention first if they've never watched the show, instead of "I am the one who knocks."

Another thing I found a little odd that hasn't been pointed out already was:

Wikipedia tells me the finale was a year ago today.

Huh? Wikipedia tells you that, rather than memory? Why this wording - the cynical part of me is entertaining the possibility that Bryan had to check Wikipedia to know the date, simply because of how he worded this, as absurd as that possibility may be.

Editing in a comment: If they're concerned with representation, and people getting a message of acceptance from TLOK, then if I were Bryan, I would have had Korra and Asami obviously embracing one another looking at the viewer, much like they were in this image - flanked by Mako and Bolin on one side, and Tenzin on the other, all smiling, visually implying all three know of their "unusual" relationship, and are more than fine with it.

I normally don't try and think this way, about representation, etc, being more libertarian leaning, but as far as I understand, the important part to many LGBT rights campaigners is being accepted by others for who you are, even if it's different, and being able to openly display those differences without judgment being heaped on you. What is shown has no opportunity for that in universe, while what I described does have that element to it.

By not showing anyone else near Korra and Asami, Bryan inadvertently missed a golden opportunity to further his goal (if "RPRSNT" is his goal), at the same time showing other important characters, and that they've moved on since the finale. It could even serve as a teaser for the comics...
« Last Edit: Dec 20, 2015 04:18 pm by Freedom153 » Logged

Clowngoon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7923 on: Dec 20, 2015 04:29 pm »

All the more evidence to prove Bryke's claim that Korrasami wasn't fanservice is a blatant lie.

Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7924 on: Dec 20, 2015 10:41 pm »

I wondered if it was the result of Bryan mostly working on his new comics these days. His new characters have quite round eyes:

But yeah, the art style does seem reminiscent of something else... I just can't put my finger on what though  Cheesy

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: