Dec 09, 2019 12:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Social media of ATLA & TLOK staff (Bryan, Mike, voice actors, etc...)  (Read 837035 times)
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #6250 on: May 15, 2014 09:27 pm »

Sifu Kisu has been working on his own series related to martial arts, actually. There's motion capture involved. So this might not be related to TLoK...

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
BlueberrySpiceHead
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6251 on: May 15, 2014 09:29 pm »

^Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know that! That's exciting for him.
Fire Rose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6252 on: May 15, 2014 09:32 pm »

I really doubt they would kill Asami off. I think they should write her out of the main plot and make her a minor character (which she kind of is at this point) if they can't find her something to do, but not kill her off. Even I think that's mean.

I like Ikkin's idea on maybe having a new character to fill that role. Like Yue, he/she could become friends with Korra only to have him/her sacrifice themselves by the end the of season. I know this may sound cruel but I would like to see how Korra handles grief on a person rather than her sense of self-worth. When Aang lost Appa he was angry but then tried not grieve only to make it worse himself. When Sokka lost Yue he became a little overprotective of Suki. When Katara lost her mom she became self-righteous for better or for worse. So what would Korra be like?

Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

King of Heroes, Gilgamesh

« Reply #6253 on: May 16, 2014 03:34 am »

Tenzin has had Dead Mentor Figure written on his bald head since Day One.

Loopy! How many times do I have to tell you that you need to be careful on what you say. You brought the love triangle in Book 2!!!  Cheesy

It seems unlikely that they could kill a member of the Krew, Tenzin is safe due to the lack of fully-trained inheritors of airbending

Jinora has more training than Aang did, and it's not like Korra cares about her Airbending technique anyway.

I think she's at the point where she's sick of it. She was interested but once actually getting the thing right, all the additional training seem boring to her. I can totally understand that feeling Cheesy

And it's not like her airbending skills stink either, she's awesome.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014 03:37 am by Furudo Erika » Logged
Ikkin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6254 on: May 16, 2014 09:25 am »

I like Ikkin's idea on maybe having a new character to fill that role. Like Yue, he/she could become friends with Korra only to have him/her sacrifice themselves by the end the of season. I know this may sound cruel but I would like to see how Korra handles grief on a person rather than her sense of self-worth. When Aang lost Appa he was angry but then tried not grieve only to make it worse himself. When Sokka lost Yue he became a little overprotective of Suki. When Katara lost her mom she became self-righteous for better or for worse. So what would Korra be like?

I think Korra's reaction to seeing someone killed would be more interesting than seeing someone willingly sacrifice themselves the way Yue did, honestly.  Unless they sacrificed themselves for her and she didn't think it was necessary...  It seems like there'd be more to do if the other person died in a way that would make Korra furious than in a way where she could understand the necessity.

Korra Ramblings on Tumblr

Child of the Elements - A look at Korra's childhood with the Order of the White Lotus. (Complete)
Rava
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Korrami ♪ TyZula ♬ Kataang ♫ Maiko ♫ Bopal ♪ Sukka

« Reply #6255 on: May 16, 2014 11:08 am »

A major character death?

Can it be Mako?

*is shot*
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014 11:11 am by Rava » Logged

yours Rava

Keeper of Aang's Vision of Toph - Iroh's Spirit World sight - Toph's badgermole kiss - Lion turtle's chanting ---  Smiley
Quote from: Fishfood1
you're the king of yuri on ASN
Zyrax
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The Thirst is real

« Reply #6256 on: May 16, 2014 11:16 am »

A major character death?

Can it be Mako?

*is shot*
Mako is too powerful, his Gary Stuness will destroy the brians of his enemies before they could strike.
Mako turns  cultures againts culture, leader againts the people, boys againts their Gameboy.
His Bland Charisma destroys societies and begins plagues
Mako, the true devil of LOK
Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #6257 on: May 16, 2014 11:17 am »

Depending on the mood they want to install, Bolin may be the one to die. Avatarverse's Walter White is too cool to die and Asami must have a purpose.
Or they kill Bolin, Asami and Airbending Walter White.

Featuring : Polaris, Zyrax HikaruIzumi, Blue Warpath, Prophet of Doom, Weegee the Airbender, TyLuko4Ever, Johan, Riptide, SunxFire and AtoMaki : D
Rava
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6258 on: May 16, 2014 11:41 am »

Depending on the mood they want to install, Bolin may be the one to die. Avatarverse's Walter White is too cool to die and Asami must have a purpose.
Or they kill Bolin, Asami and Airbending Walter White.

Whom do you refer to here?

Walter White (American football), former tight end for the Kansas City Chiefs (1975-79)
Walter White (Breaking Bad), a fictional character in the American television drama series Breaking Bad
Walter White (footballer) (born 1864), English footballer (Wolverhampton Wanderers FC)
Walter White (politician), former member of the Ohio Senate
Walter Francis White, leader of the NAACP for nearly 25 years, civil rights activist and writer

yours Rava

Keeper of Aang's Vision of Toph - Iroh's Spirit World sight - Toph's badgermole kiss - Lion turtle's chanting ---  Smiley
Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6259 on: May 16, 2014 11:44 am »

Guys, come on. There isn't even a slightest chance for Asami, Bo or Mako to die Cheesy
PrincessBlazefire
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

You know what time it is~

« Reply #6260 on: May 16, 2014 12:43 pm »

If anyone was gonna die, it would be Katara. Fandom has been speculating that since day one, and since that website seems to only be stating fan theories, that's exactly what it's referring to. Because let's face it, the only "beloved" characters in TLoK are the Gaang and their offspring Roll Eyes

Rava
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6261 on: May 16, 2014 12:52 pm »

^
But I loved Book 1 Lin...

Book 2 butchered her, more or less...

And I likes Asami, until the 3some weirdness, that is...

yours Rava

ByStorm
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Look with favor upon a bold beginning.

« Reply #6262 on: May 16, 2014 03:44 pm »

^^Not really. Tenzin is an unlikable OWL sympathizer that supported their control over the Avatar, and his siblings are pricks more or less. Katara has pretty much become a useless old woman that did nothing in the plot.

"For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted God, adorned themselves, being in subjection to their owl husbands." - The Owl Bible , 1 Strigidae Bubo 3:5. Taken from a typo in 1 Peter 3:5.
Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6263 on: May 16, 2014 03:53 pm »

If anyone was gonna die, it would be Katara. Fandom has been speculating that since day one, and since that website seems to only be stating fan theories, that's exactly what it's referring to. Because let's face it, the only "beloved" characters in TLoK are the Gaang and their offspring Roll Eyes

*cough* Korra too. For me at least Cheesy

Zyrax
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The Thirst is real

« Reply #6264 on: May 16, 2014 04:06 pm »

*cough* Korra too. For me at least Cheesy

>Looks at your avatar
She is not bad......not bad at all
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #6265 on: May 16, 2014 06:35 pm »

Tenzin has had Dead Mentor Figure written on his bald head since Day One.

Loopy! How many times do I have to tell you that you need to be careful on what you say. You brought the love triangle in Book 2!!!  Cheesy

I'm doing it on purpose, now. No one ask for theories about Ikki... Wink

PrincessBlazefire
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

You know what time it is~

« Reply #6266 on: May 16, 2014 07:21 pm »

LOL guys, I was referring to the fact that the fandom likes to complain about every character that isn't related to the Gaang. The general concencous is that New Team Avatar sucks, so yeah Tongue Lin and Tenzin + his family are the only ones who get a pass because they're Gaang spawn Roll Eyes

I personally love New Team Avatar, but the majority of the fandom doesn't. Hence my comment Tongue

Fire Rose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6267 on: May 16, 2014 10:34 pm »

LOL guys, I was referring to the fact that the fandom likes to complain about every character that isn't related to the Gaang. The general concencous is that New Team Avatar sucks, so yeah Tongue Lin and Tenzin + his family are the only ones who get a pass because they're Gaang spawn Roll Eyes

I personally love New Team Avatar, but the majority of the fandom doesn't. Hence my comment Tongue

I like the New Team Avatar just as much as the old one. Heck, I think most of the characters have gotten free passes for whatever reason. To name a few:

-Katara has gotten free passes for her self-centred attitude. Have you ever noticed the problems she tends to cause always work themselves out in order for her to get what she wants?

-Toph gets a free pass for her bratty attitude. I understand that she is adored because she's an example of how not letting your 'weakness' hinder you, but that doesn't excuse her need to be childish because she doesn't like rules.

-Azula gets a free pass on her behaviour because of her mommy issues (I admit I'm half and half on this.)

-Lin gets a free pass on her catty behaviour on Tenzin and Korra all because of her love life. When Korra trashes a desk it screams "Horrible cow!" But when Lin trashes an island (I'm assuming she was an adult at the time of the break-up) it screams "Badass!" I don't know about you guys but I think trashing an island is way worse than trashing a desk.

-Asami gets a free pass on nearly everything because "Poor Asami. Everyone's mean to her.". No. Just no. She shot herself in the foot with her love life and company in Book 2 and now she has to buck up and fix it instead of crying back to the next single guy because "Poor Asami."

-Mako gets a free pass on lot of things that I won't say because even after 2 years you can't have a civil conversation about this character. and quite frankly I don't care anymore.

Feel free to add more because those are just my opinions.
Clowngoon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6268 on: May 17, 2014 12:50 am »

^What you said about Toph and Katara is why I don't like their characters as much as the others. Toph's attitude only exists because she was born lucky. When I say born lucky, I mean the fact that she's born a blind Earthbender. What would happen if she was a blind firebender, waterbender, or non-bender? She probably wouldn't have the attitude she has now.

And Katara? I too have noticed how she pretty much gets away with things. Even more than any other Gaang character. The one that ticked me off the most was the Painted Lady village. It was probably one of the worst methods of blowing the Gaang's cover. I wished Combustion Man showed up to giver her some comeuppance. When Aang did it? He payed the price. When Toph did it? Combustion Man was there to come up with another plan.

Aang, Sokka, and Zuko all had their moments too. But unlike Toph and Katara they paid the price just about every time, and they had to (partially) change who they were as well as going through some hardships that followed them. When Aang gets selfish, the universe reminds him who's boss. When Sokka gets too sarcastic and snarky, you bet the Universe will put him in his place. Don't get me started on Zuko.

"Some friendships can transcend through lifetimes."

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character."
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #6269 on: May 17, 2014 05:51 am »

-Lin gets a free pass on her catty behaviour on Tenzin and Korra all because of her love life.

I'm pretty sure that Lin gets a free pass because of her life in general, just like Asami. The woman is like a symbol of incompetence outside of the action scenes Tongue

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Zyrax
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The Thirst is real

« Reply #6270 on: May 17, 2014 06:42 am »

Lin gets a free pass because of her mother
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #6271 on: May 17, 2014 08:11 pm »

Reminder that fan sites are not part of the "social media of the Korra crew". Leaks and spoilers can only be discussed in the Spoilers board and not anywhere else in the forum.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6272 on: May 17, 2014 08:36 pm »

-Lin gets a free pass on her catty behaviour on Tenzin and Korra all because of her love life.

I'm pretty sure that Lin gets a free pass because of her life in general, just like Asami. The woman is like a symbol of incompetence outside of the action scenes Tongue
She's incompetent during some action scenes as well, such as using her METAL cables on the guy who uses electro-shock sticks. It's as if she forgets that she can bend earth as well.
ByStorm
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Look with favor upon a bold beginning.

« Reply #6273 on: May 17, 2014 09:51 pm »

Bryan: "Harmonic convergence was a major event where this crazy spirit energy; we saw it wash over the entire globe and pass through everything and every person, so, it remains to be seen what effects that had on people and the world."

[Source]

What if the "crazy spirit energy" affected the children of the Air Acolytes, awakening the potential to airbend within them?

Good theory indeed.... hopefully we will see Book 3 soon....

At least they should give us some more stuff, like screenshots, or new commercials or such... O___o

I wouldn't mind if there were other air benders anyways [aside of any possible surviving ones] that divided the cult that worships a liar that suppressed the Avatar to ones that see it as full of crap. Any way to get rid of Tenzin's hold of the Air Nation, the better.

Honestly, I found the idea that every Airbender was murdered to be downright stupid to begin with just on the front of logistics. Even if the majority are at the Temples, it would still be statistically impossible to suppress airbending and runaway air benders. I can see Airbenders entering Ba Sing Se, Kyoshi Island, and the Si Wong Desert to avoid the reach of the Fire Nation if not other remote areas. The only thing that would have to be hidden are the tattoos, which could be on places that are more concealed and less obvious than the arrow that states 'I'm an airbender , so shoot me already. I'm a target,derp."  

Even if Aang did re-establish the Air Nation,  if there are populations that are hidden from view, they most likely don't know of the War ending in the similar fashion as the Japanese soldiers who laid low as late as the 1970's for World War II in the jungles. Other than that, they also likely know that Aang pretty much abandoned them to be exterminated, so why should they seek fellowship with a coward that let his people die? I mean, if these communities are as close knit and small as they are in the show, it would be statistically unlikely for air benders not to come from the Southern temple and lay the entire blame on the Avatar with a grudge that could last to the current day.

Perhaps that huge hurricane is from these air benders, which see the current Avatar as a complete knuckle dragger and want to reclaim the Air Nomads from Tenzin? At this point, I wouldn't mind if he were taken down some more pegs and lost his God Complex of having to save them.  If there were more survivors it would basically rid of the issue of having to explore harems ,incest, and Pon Farr like festivals to maintain and perpetuate a new Airbending population.

Definitely not Saturday Morning cartoon material.

"For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted God, adorned themselves, being in subjection to their owl husbands." - The Owl Bible , 1 Strigidae Bubo 3:5. Taken from a typo in 1 Peter 3:5.
Flipdark95
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6274 on: May 18, 2014 04:56 am »

I really doubt they would kill Asami off. I think they should write her out of the main plot and make her a minor character (which she kind of is at this point) if they can't find her something to do, but not kill her off. Even I think that's mean.

I highly doubt that they don't have something big planned for Asami this season. The only real reason that she wasn't more involved in Book 2 beyond the sideplot in Republic City was because Book 2's focus was on the Water Tribe and the Spirits. They've already released two pictures of her from Book 3, so it is highly unlikely that they don't know what to do with Asami.

Yeah, but remember that Appa was established from the beginning of the series to be Aang's longtime companion. I'm all for a new character being introduced as part of the Krew - as halfway through ATLA's run Toph had joined the team - but it would be pretty hard to feel something for them being killed off at the end just to put Korra through some grief.

If you ask me she's already experienced a lot of grief. Not the grief of seeing someone die, but the grief of losing her very identity, or the grief of fearing for her family's lives in a terrible conflict.

Honestly, I found the idea that every Airbender was murdered to be downright stupid to begin with just on the front of logistics. Even if the majority are at the Temples, it would still be statistically impossible to suppress airbending and runaway air benders. I can see Airbenders entering Ba Sing Se, Kyoshi Island, and the Si Wong Desert to avoid the reach of the Fire Nation if not other remote areas. The only thing that would have to be hidden are the tattoos, which could be on places that are more concealed and less obvious than the arrow that states 'I'm an airbender , so shoot me already. I'm a target,derp." 

The Si Wong Desert is the most likely hiding place for them. The Sandbenders living there completely cover themselves with only their eyes visible. And I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that a handful of airbender tribes survived the genocides by going to ground there. And they might be ideologically opposed to the temple airbenders because they see them as dogmatic monks.

Even if Aang did re-establish the Air Nation,  if there are populations that are hidden from view, they most likely don't know of the War ending in the similar fashion as the Japanese soldiers who laid low as late as the 1970's for World War II in the jungles. Other than that, they also likely know that Aang pretty much abandoned them to be exterminated, so why should they seek fellowship with a coward that let his people die? I mean, if these communities are as close knit and small as they are in the show, it would be statistically unlikely for air benders not to come from the Southern temple and lay the entire blame on the Avatar with a grudge that could last to the current day.

It would be statistically unlikely for them to come from the Southern Air Temple because the Air Disciples living would not shut up about it.

Perhaps that huge hurricane is from these air benders, which see the current Avatar as a complete knuckle dragger and want to reclaim the Air Nomads from Tenzin? At this point, I wouldn't mind if he were taken down some more pegs and lost his God Complex of having to save them.

Tenzin has a god complex? Are you certain? Tenzin? A god complex is a very different thing altogether from what he has. He was raised as the only airbending child of the Last Airbender and took his father's legacy very seriously, seeing as for a longtime after Aang died he would have been the only airbender around until Jinora was born. That's called a sense of duty that overshadowed his life for as long as he can remember.

Dare to be Badass.

Changing Elements
Rising Tide
Breaking Ice
Raging Flame[
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: