Dec 05, 2019 12:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Social media of ATLA & TLOK staff (Bryan, Mike, voice actors, etc...)  (Read 836652 times)
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #2775 on: Nov 30, 2012 11:30 pm »

I'm an awesome fan, and that's why they fear me.

HEY MODS THAT WAS A JOKE.

Mr Grieves
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2776 on: Nov 30, 2012 11:30 pm »

HEY MODS THAT WAS A JOKE.

Duly noted.
munchydino12
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Dreams of Earth and Fire

« Reply #2777 on: Dec 01, 2012 03:31 am »

I LOVE Gravity Falls. Dipper is so cute :3

Eman5805
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A Soulful Brother

« Reply #2778 on: Dec 01, 2012 09:53 am »

Well, the series isn't done yet, was my point. Whether or not they should have been developed by now, they still have time to. A character can never be too developed, after all.

Or can they? That's a real question.

Yes they can be too developed in a way. Particularly if done badly or done to a character who was considered a blank slate before. Like Vader's past and who he was before he was Vader. Really cast him in a worse light. Clone Wars helped some, but they aren't official, super electromagnetic shrapnel canon. Or did you like Samus more once she started talking in Other M? Or did it urinate all over her and turn her into a needy blob of estrogen and daddy issues? I'll leave that one up to you. But the answer's "Yes."

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #2779 on: Dec 02, 2012 03:40 pm »

I disagree. I don't think any of those examples was about overdeveloping a character, it was about poorly developing a character. If JRR Tolkien had written Anakin Skywalker's whole life as an epic poem, Silmarillion style, it would have been a grand tragedy that everyone would have loved. It's just that George Lucas came up with the full story after he got creatively lazy and began letting his kids give him story ideas. And as for Samus, was the Other M story written by the "genius" behind the Dead or Alive games? I don't think I've ever seen a fighting game with a good story.

High Elemental
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Searching for My True Steak

« Reply #2780 on: Dec 02, 2012 03:44 pm »

I disagree. I don't think any of those examples was about overdeveloping a character, it was about poorly developing a character. If JRR Tolkien had written Anakin Skywalker's whole life as an epic poem, Silmarillion style, it would have been a grand tragedy that everyone would have loved. It's just that George Lucas came up with the full story after he got creatively lazy and began letting his kids give him story ideas. And as for Samus, was the Other M story written by the "genius" behind the Dead or Alive games? I don't think I've ever seen a fighting game with a good story.
No Other M was written by one of the guys that worked on the series since the beginning, he just snapped and became the video game equivalent of George Lucas except he treats the main character as his waifu and clearly has issues with women. What you're thinking of is Team Ninja/Tecmo who helped make the game, but only on the gameplay. Plus the creepy dude behind DOA got kicked out of the company some years ago, DOA is still creepy without him though.

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #2781 on: Dec 02, 2012 03:51 pm »

Ah, got it. Still, my point is made. Bad storytellers will always screw things up, no matter how much or how little development is given to a character.

High Elemental
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Searching for My True Steak

« Reply #2782 on: Dec 02, 2012 03:58 pm »

Ah, got it. Still, my point is made. Bad storytellers will always screw things up, no matter how much or how little development is given to a character.
Yeah I completely agree. The problem wasn't that they gave Vader a backstory, the problem was that it was poorly written. Fleshing out characters is never a bad thing unless its done poorly and that tends to happen when the characters themselves aren't very well written in the first place. Korra's problem is that I barely care about most of the main cast because they're really shallow and underdeveloped and any interesting characters are devoured by the all encompassing void of Makorra, which makes Bella/Edward seem like a passionate relationship that has great chemistry in comparison.
« Last Edit: Dec 02, 2012 04:04 pm by High Elemental » Logged

ByStorm
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Look with favor upon a bold beginning.

« Reply #2783 on: Dec 02, 2012 11:22 pm »

Yeah I completely agree. The problem wasn't that they gave Vader a backstory, the problem was that it was poorly written. Fleshing out characters is never a bad thing unless its done poorly and that tends to happen when the characters themselves aren't very well written in the first place. Korra's problem is that I barely care about most of the main cast because they're really shallow and underdeveloped and any interesting characters are devoured by the all encompassing void of Makorra, which makes Bella/Edward seem like a passionate relationship that has great chemistry in comparison.

I could barely care of them either, but I got to agree with the Anakin story being horribly written. It's like they wanted to retcon the original trilogy and do their own path, but then, since the ending was already predictable and there was little effort to throw twists into it or show more in depth into his character....not to mention the film should have ended before Episode IV and not end at his transformation, to show his descent even more so.

"For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted God, adorned themselves, being in subjection to their owl husbands." - The Owl Bible , 1 Strigidae Bubo 3:5. Taken from a typo in 1 Peter 3:5.
Singe
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2784 on: Dec 03, 2012 01:09 am »

When Anakin was laying there ranting after getting burned by Obi-wan, my brother and I laughed.

LOK just doesn't have the aspect of the journey that TLA rode off on, character development with exploration. When I look at the poster of Korra overlooking Republic City. It was saying, we will follow the journey of Korra as she explores this city. We know just a little what this city has.

Korra could have been better. She should have ridden the celebrity aspect as part of her development. Avatar and Pro-bending are big things. Guys want to be with her. Girls emulate her fashion. It all gets into her head. She's neglecting her Air Bending training. Acts badly towards Mako and Bolin by being the star player. Try not to get in her way. 
« Last Edit: Dec 03, 2012 01:52 am by Singe » Logged
ByStorm
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2785 on: Dec 03, 2012 04:14 am »

When Anakin was laying there ranting after getting burned by Obi-wan, my brother and I laughed.

LOK just doesn't have the aspect of the journey that TLA rode off on, character development with exploration. When I look at the poster of Korra overlooking Republic City. It was saying, we will follow the journey of Korra as she explores this city. We know just a little what this city has.

Korra could have been better. She should have ridden the celebrity aspect as part of her development. Avatar and Pro-bending are big things. Guys want to be with her. Girls emulate her fashion. It all gets into her head. She's neglecting her Air Bending training. Acts badly towards Mako and Bolin by being the star player. Try not to get in her way. 

That's the Korra I saw at first. It would have given them more dynamics at least.

"For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted God, adorned themselves, being in subjection to their owl husbands." - The Owl Bible , 1 Strigidae Bubo 3:5. Taken from a typo in 1 Peter 3:5.
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #2786 on: Dec 03, 2012 08:57 am »

Okaaaay. How about we all get back on topic. Star Wars can go into the appropriate thread, all the character development talk can go into the respective character threads.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Singe
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2787 on: Dec 04, 2012 05:38 pm »

Even though Azula's voice actor is coming back, this won't mean that it's certain the Azula voice is back. We could hear her Daphne Blake, Vickie, Sam Manson, Mandy, Jeanne, and etc.

Her Jeanne from Bayonetta would be good in LOK. Maybe she could be asked what voices of hers could be in this Season or if she has something new.
Eman5805
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A Soulful Brother

« Reply #2788 on: Dec 04, 2012 06:16 pm »

If she's voicing a spirit, I think she'd probably either go for emotionless, breathless monotone or some kind of hissy, snake voice. Obviously with some kind of vocal reverb effect sprucing it up. Both will probably do that.

...or maybe it could do both together. No rule saying a spirit can't speak with multiple voices simultaneously, voice of Legion deal.

Avapony
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

You're gonna need some upgrades

« Reply #2789 on: Dec 04, 2012 06:21 pm »

I think she said it was a challenge trying to voice this spirit. So maybe it's something she's never done before.

Singe
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2790 on: Dec 04, 2012 07:11 pm »

Of course, she has the knack of adding flair to her character voices.
earth_lizard
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2791 on: Dec 05, 2012 03:20 pm »

From Bryan's tumblr: http://bryankonietzko.tumblr.com/post/37275762130/just-had-a-fun-dvd-commentary-session-for-book-1

Just had a fun DVD commentary session for Book 1 with Janet Varney (Korra), David Faustino (Mako), and Mike (Mike).

Yay DVD commentary! Grin

iKeep: Bolin's green eyes, the new winged lemur species
My Graphics
Avapony
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

You're gonna need some upgrades

« Reply #2792 on: Dec 05, 2012 04:04 pm »

Haha. Good to know that Mike is Mike xD

nukilik
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I tried!

« Reply #2793 on: Dec 05, 2012 04:05 pm »

^ I'd have trouble figuring out. So glad Bryan cleared this up for us Smiley
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #2794 on: Dec 05, 2012 04:10 pm »

Yes, yes, yes! A commentary! Cheesy And an even greater mystery then Zuko's Mom was just solved: Who knew Mike was actually Mike? Cheesy

Sig by Guitarfreak.
ByStorm
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2795 on: Dec 05, 2012 04:19 pm »

^ I'd have trouble figuring out. So glad Bryan cleared this up for us Smiley

I know. I would have been lost because obviously, Mike appeared in the series as himself?

Maivry
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2796 on: Dec 06, 2012 02:48 am »

Wait, wait. I thought his name was Michael! I am so hopelessly lost now.

ArtFicsGraphics
Loops MK
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2797 on: Dec 06, 2012 03:15 am »

Oh so were going to get commentary for the DVD's have to look out for those

This city....
Singe
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2798 on: Dec 06, 2012 06:17 pm »

Commentary about Episode 5 is the only one I'm interested. When it gets to that kissing scene Janet goes on about poor Bolin. Then David says forget about Bolin he'll live. Mako is now a player.
tophness
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

^ She's a cutie.

« Reply #2799 on: Dec 06, 2012 07:26 pm »

DVD commentaries are my favorite thing and I'm so glad they're continuing the tradition for Korra.

Keeps: Sokka's "Yes! Yes it can!"; Young!Mai's hair ribbons; Aang's big ears, the hidden Kataang kiss from 202
Korrasami bromance; Older!Aang's beard; Jinora's "Stay away from my dad's ex-girlfriend!"
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: