Aug 16, 2017 02:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Social media of ATLA & TLOK staff (Bryan, Mike, voice actors, etc...)  (Read 630929 times)
Uzuko
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7975 on: Aug 19, 2016 11:31 am »

I really hope that picture on the page is a mistake or this rumor is a like. I doubt that Avatar: The Last Airbender is going to get a TV movie. There has been a lack of Avatar mentioned in the advertisements for the 25th anniversry even though that show won Nickelodeon a peabody award.
Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7976 on: Aug 19, 2016 12:35 pm »

I get the vibe that that isn't actually Danny Antonucci. He's made three posts, claiming that he's working

- as a storyboard artist on a two-part ATLA movie, for November 2017

- as a storyboard artist on a Rocko's Modern Life TV movie, for November 2017

- on a CGI Dexter's Lab movie for January 2017

- on a Fanboy and Chum Chum movie for 2019

...which seems unlikely, because he's apparently working on four projects simultaneously, all of them on properties he's never been involved with before, and for two different networks. Not to mention, the concept art for ATLA and Dexter looks like fanart.

Freedom153
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

That Could Have Been Executed Better

« Reply #7977 on: Aug 19, 2016 04:46 pm »

No way that's legit, I've painted/drawn things that look more true to the original than that "concept image".

Back to lurking until they announce something about the Korra comics, for curiosity's sake.
« Last Edit: Aug 19, 2016 04:48 pm by Freedom153 » Logged

Additional datapoints acquired. Additional animated stories viewed. Directive: adjust opinion... adjusting...
First eyes, a treasure. New eyes, end with a pretentious blink, own vision eclipses.
Book 5:Humanity, aka: Freedom's First Writ
Red Hawk
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7978 on: Aug 19, 2016 10:28 pm »

That "concept art" is laughable.  No way that's legit.
Yougo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Respect the Screaming bird!

« Reply #7979 on: Aug 20, 2016 12:58 am »

It's legit. Due to budget restrictions the entire project will be rendered in MS Paint.

sig by me.
keeper of: the Screaming bird's horrible shreak; The Bendig Mark.
Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7980 on: Aug 20, 2016 01:12 am »

This is it, my big break. I should show them my MS Paint pictures, hopefully they'll offer me a job as an animator.
ByStorm
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Look with favor upon a bold beginning.

« Reply #7981 on: Aug 20, 2016 06:29 am »

This is it, my big break. I should show them my MS Paint pictures, hopefully they'll offer me a job as an animator.

My fanart looks more legit than that. Unless they're prepared to alienate the entire fan-base with a Scooby Doo-esque reboot animation that looks like garbage. Neither Sokka or Katara wear that anymore in said comics.

"For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted God, adorned themselves, being in subjection to their owl husbands." - The Owl Bible , 1 Strigidae Bubo 3:5. Taken from a typo in 1 Peter 3:5.
Runamuck
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7982 on: Aug 20, 2016 07:32 am »

Well, I guess I might have jumped the gun a bit on a probably fake piece of news, but with all the weird things that Nickelodeon has been announcing lately it’s almost hard to tell what’s real and what isn’t.
But let’s for fun take a little look at some pros and cons here.
Pros, this might be real:
Nickelodeon has been announcing a lot of reviewed movie projects, and the Rocko’s modern life project does have some more meat to it. http://comicbook.com/2016/08/11/rockos-modern-life-returning-to-nickelodeon-in-one-hour-special/1
TV-movies based on the comics does not sound like a farfetched idea. DC comic has been doing a similar concept with direct to DVD for a while now.
Danny Antonucci is actually a real person who works in the animation industry. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Antonucci

Cons, this might be fake:
There are no other sources who have mentioned these TV-movie yet, or any of the other projects mentioned by the account.
The preview picture looks really, really crude, and features the characters in their book 1 outfits, not their comic outfits.
The account may be fake as the person is working on a ludicrous amount of projects at once.
I sure as hell hope that there isn’t going to be a Fanboy and Chum Chum movie, that series sucked, a lot.

Well, is a little hard not being curious with these kinds of “news”, especially when we usually have all of Jack of new to talk about. Well, at least we had something to talk about for a while.
Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7983 on: Aug 22, 2016 04:17 am »

Yeah, I don't think the idea of an ATLA TV movie is that outlandish. Nick have been directing a lot of attention towards nostalgia, and I'm pretty sure Byrke have said that they pitched an ATLA TV movie in the past.

ByStorm
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7984 on: Aug 23, 2016 12:13 am »

Yeah, I don't think the idea of an ATLA TV movie is that outlandish. Nick have been directing a lot of attention towards nostalgia, and I'm pretty sure Byrke have said that they pitched an ATLA TV movie in the past.

At least not in the MS Paint style. That would be suicide for the network if they went that route. All I know is they should loosely base it off the general events of the comics and retcon everything else because it really feels like bad fanfiction when Aang is nearly going to murder his friend and mentor, but won't kill Azula, someone that has no qualms in murdering him and his friends and innocents. Then add it to that Roku tells Aang to kill his very own great grandson, and it gets extremely messed up from there. Does he know that Ursa is his granddaughter? Does he know that she had two children, and one of them isn't a total mess up?

Seriously? If individual Avatars can go on their own as indicated in the animated shorts on Nick.com where he meets the different past Avatars, then how do other spirits have a grasp of the world, but not the specific incarnations if they are indeed spirits and souls? If reincarnation boots them off the planet save in different spots, that doesn't explain how they can interact or overtake Aang at points in the original series. It also means that the whole light spirit crap in Korra is basically an unreliable narrator and that every every incarnation is not the same soul, but different ones that have bonded to the power and chosen at random. They are about as much of reincarnations as a frog is the reincarnation of a duck.

Wan actually died that day. He never reincarnated as that was a lie from Raava. Then over the years, people created the myths and now even the Avatar believes it. But I digress. The Legend of Korra and the comics are incoherent garbage when it comes to actually telling a coherency within its own universe.

"For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted God, adorned themselves, being in subjection to their owl husbands." - The Owl Bible , 1 Strigidae Bubo 3:5. Taken from a typo in 1 Peter 3:5.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #7985 on: Aug 23, 2016 05:51 pm »

[Kup]This reminds me of the time we got that scanned "press sheet" that promised three made-for-TV ATLA movies, one of which was going to be a story about Iroh's past. It also said the cartoon's finale would be airing in April. I think it was April. Could have been March. Maybe.[/Kup]

Yougo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Respect the Screaming bird!

« Reply #7986 on: Aug 24, 2016 01:37 am »

Me Yougo loves stories about The Great Hiatus. Tell Yougo about airing schedules again.

Me Yougo just wants a special about The Boulder.

sig by me.
keeper of: the Screaming bird's horrible shreak; The Bendig Mark.
Runamuck
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7987 on: Oct 01, 2016 01:27 am »

Hmm… I wonder if there will be any interesting questions during the AMA Mike will be doing soon:
http://michaeldantedimartino.tumblr.com/post/151162528020/thats-right-ill-be-doing-my-very-first-ask-me

Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7988 on: Oct 01, 2016 03:55 am »

Yeah, I hope there'll be some interesting/ new questions for Mike. Anybody here going to ask anything?

Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #7989 on: Oct 01, 2016 04:29 am »

I won't be surprised if shipping questions are asked but I rather something else is asked instead. Like, does he draw? I always see Bryan posting art but I've never seen Mike posting any sketches or drawings before. I mean, both he and Bryan went to the same school together so I assume Mike would know how to draw...?

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Runamuck
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7990 on: Oct 03, 2016 02:26 pm »

And the AMA is active now:
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/55p5g1/i_am_michael_dante_dimartino_authorillustrator_of/

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #7991 on: Oct 03, 2016 05:32 pm »

Quote from: The Mike
Thanks! I'm definitely focused on publishing right now. Honestly, I don't have a huge urge to get back into TV, but I could change my mind at some point in the future.

Well, pack it in, people. The franchise is over.

Maybe Nick will be nice and revive it with new showrunners.

shorewall
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yeah, baby!

« Reply #7992 on: Oct 03, 2016 06:02 pm »

Franchise, we hardly knew ye.  Cheesy

"The true mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can tough the poison of hatred without being harmed. Since beginning-less time, darkness thrives in the void but always yields to purifying light."
Uzuko
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7993 on: Oct 03, 2016 10:41 pm »

This is the first time I've looked at an AMA. Is is this common to answer so few questions?
ByStorm
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7994 on: Oct 03, 2016 10:41 pm »

Thanks! I'm definitely focused on publishing right now. Honestly, I don't have a huge urge to get back into TV, but I could change my mind at some point in the future.

Yes. In the new Ben 10 art style as a comedy.

luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7995 on: Oct 03, 2016 10:50 pm »

Yes. In the new Ben 10 art style as a comedy.
I believe Moe has something to say about that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER7bIGwJeho
Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7996 on: Oct 04, 2016 03:02 am »

This is the first time I've looked at an AMA. Is is this common to answer so few questions?

I think it varies? Some people answer tons of questions, other people answer a handful. They can be a pretty mixed bag.

Freedom153
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

That Could Have Been Executed Better

« Reply #7997 on: Oct 04, 2016 11:58 am »

Interesting question... To be honest, I don't read fan stories. And I only see the fan art that pops up on Tumblr once in a while, so you won't offend me, since I'm not going to be reading it (no offense.)

If writing fan fiction is something you enjoy doing, then by all means explore your creativity that way.
"The Thing" I found most interesting... now I am just more curious to see what they do to try and get their sputtering end ship sea (or at least lake or pond) worthy.

PS WoW:Legion says hi, and I never thought I would say this, but... going back to the Korra writing has actually crossed my mind a few times. And not been immediately dismissed. More grind than a grist mill.
« Last Edit: Oct 04, 2016 12:09 pm by Freedom153 » Logged

Additional datapoints acquired. Additional animated stories viewed. Directive: adjust opinion... adjusting...
First eyes, a treasure. New eyes, end with a pretentious blink, own vision eclipses.
Book 5:Humanity, aka: Freedom's First Writ
Ravenous215
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7998 on: Oct 04, 2016 06:25 pm »

About time

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/10/04/legend-korra-turf-wars-graphic-novel
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #7999 on: Oct 05, 2016 12:18 am »

^ We are already discussing that in the TLOK comics thread.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: