Jul 21, 2017 10:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Korra's firebending teacher (potential SPOILERS)  (Read 9538 times)
FairladyZ2005
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« on: Feb 14, 2012 01:42 am »

Was his name revealed in any of the leaks?  I would love for him to have some connection to Zuko's teaching line so that Korra knows the "true essance of firebending" as taught by the dragons and how to redirect lightning.  My current theory/hope/guess from the clip that leaked is that Korra's teacher is Tom-Tom, Mai's younger brother. He looks about the right age - gray hair but not as old as Katara, less wrinkles, maybe a decade younger.  

Thoughts?

Helping to bring balance to the fandom, one post at a time!
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2012 02:06 am »

Nothing has been leaked about Korra's firebending teacher. The leaks showed her firebending and with some people watching, one of them in FN clothes, but it's unclear if her teacher was there at all. At least that's what it looked like to me.

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
Landshark
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2012 03:13 am »

I highly doubt Korra's firebending teacher is of the royal line. I could see the firebending master at the time who teaches the Royal Family firebending being Korra's teacher, but that's it.

And there's no indication that anyone in Tom-Tom's family is a bender, so I don't see any reason to assume he is, or why we even need that connection.
azekeprofit
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A picture is worth a thousand words

« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2012 03:19 am »

Maybe it's Tom-Tom?

How Avatar is titled throughout the world:

PM if you see a mistake
Landshark
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #4 on: Feb 14, 2012 03:35 am »

Maybe it is, but thats just a connection for the sake of a connection. Its not like we really knew anything about him. For all we know, Bumi killed him when he had Ozai's statue crash on the Governor's Mansion.
FairladyZ2005
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5 on: Feb 14, 2012 03:31 pm »

Tom-Tom, nooooooooo! ;-)

A genetic/family connection isn't important. But it is very important that as the new Avatar that Korra understands the "true essence of fire."  How much of that has been restored in the past 70 years? Hopefully enough that average firebender does know that their element isn't just anger and destuction.  Still, I would love there to be connection with Zuko's royal line, I'd love for there to be yet another bond between Avatar and Firelord for the third generation in a row.  It was just test footage, but Korra was performing not just any firebending move in it but Zuko's signature breakdancing fire move.  I just wonder if any of that will carry over to the actual show.

Helping to bring balance to the fandom, one post at a time!
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #6 on: Feb 14, 2012 09:56 pm »

Jeong-Jeong's nephew, who's also Piandao's illegitimate son, joined Zuko's palace staff as a guard, where he met and fell in love with Zuko's second daughter. Their son, who was trained by Tom-Tom, is Korra's Firebending teacher.

He was also Korra's first kiss. That's why her parents fired him. (Not literally. They're not Firebenders.)

djinn
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Fish genetics is a very small field

« Reply #7 on: Feb 15, 2012 04:50 am »

Jeong-Jeong's nephew, who's also Piandao's illegitimate son, joined Zuko's palace staff as a guard, where he met and fell in love with Zuko's second daughter. Their son, who was trained by Tom-Tom, is Korra's Firebending teacher.

He was also Korra's first kiss. That's why her parents fired him. (Not literally. They're not Firebenders.)

This is now canon. Take notes Mike and Bryan.

duckie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Kyoshi fan strikes again with the sig and avi :)

« Reply #8 on: Feb 15, 2012 09:43 pm »

This is now canon. Take notes Mike and Bryan.

seconded Cheesy Cheesy

Proud Zutarian till the end. Going down with the ship Cheesy

IROSAMI for life!
Stufflikehearts
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Death is not kind.

« Reply #9 on: Feb 28, 2012 04:42 am »

I thought there was a rumor that she taught herself? She obviously needed someone to help her perfect, but I thought because of the few leaks, it was shown she was able to do it without a teacher at first?

http://sot.ag/MzkzMjAw/ Clicky please? Would like to stay on Leaderboard.
Avapony
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

You're gonna need some upgrades

« Reply #10 on: Feb 28, 2012 07:12 am »

^Yeah, she could earth bend and fire bend at the age of 6 I believe, but only a teeny tiny bit. She still needed masters to help her perfect it.

RomioneRawr
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Smellerbee's twin and first ever Borra shipper~

« Reply #11 on: Feb 28, 2012 12:21 pm »

What if it's Hiroshi Sato? It's theorized theyre FN, right?

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."
ME GUSTA KORRA NATION: http://sot.ag/MzkzMjE1/
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #12 on: Feb 28, 2012 01:12 pm »

No, Hiroshi is someone she meets in Republic City. He's related to Asami. We saw in the leaks that the Order of the White Lotus trained her.

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #13 on: Mar 07, 2012 11:41 pm »

Hiroshi Sato strikes me as Fire/Water, but I doubt he had anything to do with Korra's training. 

Sig by Guitarfreak.
munchydino12
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Dreams of Earth and Fire

« Reply #14 on: Mar 18, 2012 06:57 am »

I think Hiroshi Sato is a nonbender. And so is Asami. Just a hunch Cheesy

Sianna
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #15 on: Mar 18, 2012 12:43 pm »

^This is confirmed: http://www.nickpress-thelegendofkorra.com/characterdescriptions.html

Jimothy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #16 on: Mar 18, 2012 12:52 pm »

The firebending master doesn't appear to be in the credits, despite having a speaking part. Disappointing.

sot.ag/MzkzODAw Click this so I can meet Mike and Bryan!
Sianna
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #17 on: Mar 18, 2012 01:08 pm »

Sigh. We need names. We didn't find out Korra's parents' names either. I don't think Korra's mom was in the credits.

SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #18 on: Mar 24, 2012 02:46 am »

As there are no more spoilers right now, please continue this discussion in this thread in the main Korra board:

http://forums.avatarspirit.net/index.php?topic=19040.0 (Korra's other teachers)

This thread can be reopened in the future if necessary (like if there are more leaks).

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: