Jul 26, 2014 10:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [ASN Interview #1] Gene Luen Yang goes penguin-sledding with ASN  (Read 7628 times)
PokemonLotty
Chief Crankypants

Swag.

« Reply #100 on: Feb 08, 2012 03:19 pm »

Except it contradicted the Mike and the Bryan's creator commentary on the DVDs. Smart money says not to trust any info we can't verify elsewhere.

What did it contradict? Just curious.

Follow me on tumblr! Smiley
http://sub-maureen.tumblr.com/
iwashere
Chief Crankypants

._.

« Reply #101 on: Feb 08, 2012 03:27 pm »

Except it contradicted the Mike and the Bryan's creator commentary on the DVDs. Smart money says not to trust any info we can't verify elsewhere.

I don't know if this is what he's talking about but... The AE said that it was originally intended for Zuko and Katara to end up together, but Mike and Bryan said it was always supposed to be Aang and Katara.

Where is nick getting this info from? I would think they would have to go through the creators first. So, yeah, nothing those things say are truely canon.

Sigs are for the weak
PokemonLotty
Chief Crankypants

Swag.

« Reply #102 on: Feb 08, 2012 03:39 pm »

^Oh, ahahaha, I actually had heard of that. I bet it was deliberate trolling to the Zutarians, feeding them a "what could've been". Hey, if I were them, that would piss me off too. XP Personally, I like kataang and zutara, they both have interesting appeals, but of course people take everything too far when it comes to shipping.... Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Feb 08, 2012 04:43 pm by PokemonLotty » Logged

iwashere
Chief Crankypants

._.

« Reply #103 on: Feb 08, 2012 04:14 pm »

^Oh, ahahaha, I actually had heard of that. I bet it was deliberate trolling to the Zutarians, feeding them a "what could've been". Hey, if I were them, that would piss me off too. XP Personally, I like kataang and zutara, they both have interesting appeals, but of course people take everything to far when it comes to shipping.... Roll Eyes

Yeah, hard core shippers kinda need to take a chill pill sometimes... XD

I think they mentioned Zutara in a couple of AE's.

Sigs are for the weak
PokemonLotty
Chief Crankypants

Swag.

« Reply #104 on: Feb 08, 2012 04:43 pm »

^They were probably trolling them all. Tongue

ElMariachi
Chief Crankypants

« Reply #105 on: Feb 08, 2012 05:09 pm »

About that last name thing, back in ancient times, in Europe at least, common folks didn't had last name : in Italy the town from where they where and their parents served as last name : for example you could have John of Saint Louis, son of Bob of Los Angeles and Julia of New-York, John was the name, and the rest the last name. In France it was the name of the father and the mother fused together, then only the father's name...
Actual last names which stayed the same each generation where used by nobility, even the royalty didn't had last names, their country was their last name : for example, Louis XIV, king of France, true name was Louis-Dieudonné de France.

It was after the revolution leading to the fall of the ancient regime of monarchies to be replaced by the democracies, that precises population census began, and from there permanent last names where required.

All of this to say that if technologically the avatar world seems to be pre-industrial, politically it still monarchic and aristocratic, so it wouldn't surprise me that Morishita is the last name of the mayor, it sound japanese, which is an inspiration for the FN culture, EK culture and names are more based on China.

English isn't my native language, so excuse me for my misspells.
Loopy
Chief Crankypants

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #106 on: Feb 08, 2012 07:08 pm »

I don't know if this is what he's talking about but... The AE said that it was originally intended for Zuko and Katara to end up together, but Mike and Bryan said it was always supposed to be Aang and Katara.

Where is nick getting this info from? I would think they would have to go through the creators first. So, yeah, nothing those things say are truely canon.

That's the one I was referring to, yes. I recall other small contradictions to the Mike and the Bryan's word, and a few that contradicted the website lore (which I believe was at least written with their approval), so I generally consider it junk info.

They were even written by a former staff writer from the show. I forget which one, though.

Sig by Danger
plushu
Chief Crankypants

157% PIANDAOIST

« Reply #107 on: Feb 08, 2012 07:12 pm »

That's the one I was referring to, yes. I recall other small contradictions to the Mike and the Bryan's word, and a few that contradicted the website lore (which I believe was at least written with their approval), so I generally consider it junk info.

They were even written by a former staff writer from the show. I forget which one, though.

I kinda wanna say Tim Hedrick wrote them.
Loopy
Chief Crankypants

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #108 on: Feb 08, 2012 07:15 pm »

Yeah, sounds familiar. He was the one who inspired Pu-on Tim's name... if the Extras are to be believed. Cheesy

Sig by Danger
plushu
Chief Crankypants

157% PIANDAOIST

« Reply #109 on: Feb 08, 2012 07:22 pm »

Yeah, sounds familiar. He was the one who inspired Pu-on Tim's name... if the Extras are to be believed. Cheesy

He also co-wrote EIP so, probably yeah...
PokemonLotty
Chief Crankypants

Swag.

« Reply #110 on: Feb 08, 2012 08:34 pm »

Maybe Shaymalan wrote them?
No, jk, jk Tongue

Jimothy
Chief Crankypants

« Reply #111 on: Feb 10, 2012 09:26 pm »

I thought John O'Bryan wrote them? Might be misremembering, it's been years.

sot.ag/MzkzODAw Click this so I can meet Mike and Bryan!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: