Dec 07, 2019 05:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [ASN Interview #1] Gene Luen Yang goes penguin-sledding with ASN  (Read 23495 times)
LadyKim
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Hold up, wait a minute, put a little love in it~

« Reply #75 on: Feb 06, 2012 04:49 pm »

I always thought he'd be the type to vehemently deny that he'd ever turn into his father under any circumstances and punch anyone in the face who dare suggest a thing.

He actually did that in the comic  Tongue when meeting up with the kind Mayor of Yu Dao. Just not 'in the face' but close to it Smiley and screaming IM NOT MY FATHER or something along those lines.
« Last Edit: Feb 06, 2012 04:52 pm by LadyKim » Logged

PokemonLotty
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Swag.

« Reply #76 on: Feb 06, 2012 06:41 pm »

^-facepalm-
He did, that's right.
XD
I take that part back then. Tongue

Follow me on tumblr! Smiley
http://sub-maureen.tumblr.com/
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #77 on: Feb 06, 2012 07:10 pm »

He should have said something like, "If I was my father, Mayor, I would make you kill your own daughter to prove your loyalty and redeem yourself. Be glad I'm my own man."

Rava
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Korrami ♪ TyZula ♬ Kataang ♫ Maiko ♫ Bopal ♪ Sukka

« Reply #78 on: Feb 06, 2012 07:31 pm »

Sadly, the comics are not available across the bad big ocean, so... I cannot really discuss with you folks...

Tongue

But still, I will lurk in here. xD

yours Rava

Keeper of Aang's Vision of Toph - Iroh's Spirit World sight - Toph's badgermole kiss - Lion turtle's chanting ---  Smiley
Quote from: Fishfood1
you're the king of yuri on ASN
iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #79 on: Feb 06, 2012 07:36 pm »

I always thought he'd be the type to vehemently deny that he'd ever turn into his father under any circumstances and punch anyone in the face who dare suggest a thing.

He actually did that in the comic  Tongue when meeting up with the kind Mayor of Yu Dao. Just not 'in the face' but close to it Smiley and screaming IM NOT MY FATHER or something along those lines.

I'm not my father! Yet I'll go and get advice from him!!

Sigs are for the weak
nahgem
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #80 on: Feb 06, 2012 08:34 pm »

Sadly, the comics are not available across the bad big ocean, so... I cannot really discuss with you folks...
I'm not sure where you are, but The Book Depository has it in stock, and they do free shipping to a lot of countries.

ETA: I'm glad we know the name of the doom-obsessed kid. Now I just want to know the names of the other two. And why on earth Toph agreed to take any of them on. None of them seem like they really want to be metalbenders.
« Last Edit: Feb 06, 2012 08:37 pm by nahgem » Logged
NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #81 on: Feb 06, 2012 09:03 pm »

^ Isn't Rava German?

Bookdepository, Amazon.de, Archonia... plenty of shops that sell there.

PokemonLotty
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Swag.

« Reply #82 on: Feb 06, 2012 10:28 pm »

He should have said something like, "If I was my father, Mayor, I would make you kill your own daughter to prove your loyalty and redeem yourself. Be glad I'm my own man."
That's what I would say.
"If I were my father, I'd light all of your children's faces on fire."

iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #83 on: Feb 06, 2012 11:07 pm »

I'm not sure where you are, but The Book Depository has it in stock, and they do free shipping to a lot of countries.

ETA: I'm glad we know the name of the doom-obsessed kid. Now I just want to know the names of the other two. And why on earth Toph agreed to take any of them on. None of them seem like they really want to be metalbenders.

Whats his name?

Sigs are for the weak
ElMariachi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #84 on: Feb 07, 2012 10:06 am »

^ Ho-Tun.

English isn't my native language, so excuse me for my misspells.
drhorrible61
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I am the first Jinora fan.

« Reply #85 on: Feb 07, 2012 12:25 pm »

ETA: I'm glad we know the name of the doom-obsessed kid. Now I just want to know the names of the other two.

Apparently they are named Penga and the Dark One.

http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:The_Bos/Gene_Yang_fills_in_details#axzz1leoJ7oEa

iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #86 on: Feb 07, 2012 01:14 pm »

Hehe, the dark one...

It's weird Kori has a last name, you don't see that to often...

Sigs are for the weak
PokemonLotty
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Swag.

« Reply #87 on: Feb 07, 2012 03:10 pm »

^Maybe it's an Earth Kingdom thing? Toph's daughter kept Toph's last name, so...Kori's mother may've had the last name and since the father didn't have one, he took his wife's. Just a guess, beats me though ahaha. Tongue

drhorrible61
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #88 on: Feb 07, 2012 03:33 pm »

It's most likely a sign of status.  Her family is one of high status.

iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #89 on: Feb 07, 2012 03:53 pm »

^Yeah, I guess...

But in ATLA, even people with a high status didn't have a last name... Or they didn't say it at least.

Sigs are for the weak
drhorrible61
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #90 on: Feb 07, 2012 03:59 pm »

^Other than royalty can you think of anyone of high status?  In real life royals rarely have last names, and of they do they aren't used.

PokemonLotty
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Swag.

« Reply #91 on: Feb 07, 2012 04:16 pm »

Mai's father was the governor and they never had a surname.

tophness
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

^ She's a cutie.

« Reply #92 on: Feb 07, 2012 06:03 pm »

Wait, what's Kori's last name? I read the Promise last night, and I seem to be missing all of this. Cheesy

Keeps: Sokka's "Yes! Yes it can!"; Young!Mai's hair ribbons; Aang's big ears, the hidden Kataang kiss from 202
Korrasami bromance; Older!Aang's beard; Jinora's "Stay away from my dad's ex-girlfriend!"
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #93 on: Feb 07, 2012 07:32 pm »

Mai's father was the governor and they never had a surname.

Last names are an Earth Kingdom thing. Those "Dirts" are so lacking in culture and identity that they have to invent additional names for themselves. Look at "new money" like Toph's family. I bet they bought the Bei Fong name.

Mai's family are pureblood Fire Nation nobles. They don't need a last name.

And those mannerless colonials are practically Earth Kingdom, themselves. They're Dirts all trussed up in red clothing.

aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #94 on: Feb 07, 2012 07:35 pm »

^Wow.

Wait, what's Kori's last name? I read the Promise last night, and I seem to be missing all of this. Cheesy
Her name is Kori Morishita.  It was in an interview with Gene that was posted like 7 posts ago.  

Just because surnames weren't mentioned outside of the Earth Kingdom doesn't mean that places and people in the Fire Nation don't have have them. Maybe Mai and Ty Lee did have them and they just weren't mentioned.  I remember Avatar Extras mentioning a Po Zel dynasty or something, so maybe they do have them.

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #95 on: Feb 07, 2012 07:39 pm »

I remember Avatar Extras mentioning a Po Zel dynasty or something, so maybe they do have them.

Yeah, don't listen to those...

Sigs are for the weak
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #96 on: Feb 07, 2012 08:18 pm »

^Why? It was an official source that aired on tv.

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #97 on: Feb 07, 2012 09:48 pm »

Except it contradicted the Mike and the Bryan's creator commentary on the DVDs. Smart money says not to trust any info we can't verify elsewhere.

aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #98 on: Feb 07, 2012 10:22 pm »

That's true. I only really listened to some of the info and didn't even see all of them

nahgem
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #99 on: Feb 08, 2012 01:14 am »

ETA: I'm glad we know the name of the doom-obsessed kid. Now I just want to know the names of the other two.

Apparently they are named Penga and the Dark One.

http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:The_Bos/Gene_Yang_fills_in_details#axzz1leoJ7oEa
Awesome, thanks!

The Dark One...I can just imagine Toph's reaction when he introduced himself. I bet he's the reason she doesn't use their names. XD
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: