Nov 17, 2019 06:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [ASN Interview #1] Gene Luen Yang goes penguin-sledding with ASN  (Read 23290 times)
iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #25 on: Jan 25, 2012 08:25 pm »

^Yeah, I noticed that... But there was a lot in one question, he probably didn't know what to answer... And he also was just dodging the questions. XD

Sigs are for the weak
Smellerbee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Freedom Fighter

« Reply #26 on: Jan 25, 2012 08:28 pm »

But as for the Smellershot one and Toph's lover...he completely blew over the questions.
Not even a "yes", "no", "maybe", or even "lobster".

Triplets with RomoineRawr and Dorky
iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #27 on: Jan 25, 2012 08:30 pm »

^He really blew those off... And the thing is, we might not even get answers in the comics about them so... i wish he would of at least said if they'll address anything in the comics or not...

But again, there was a lot in that one question.

Sigs are for the weak
Noirsam
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #28 on: Jan 25, 2012 08:34 pm »

^He really blew those off... And the thing is, we might not even get answers in the comics about them so... i wish he would of at least said if they'll address anything in the comics or not...

Well before the comic so thought most of us that Smellerbee and Longshot were dead.

So we can now still think about their time together since season 2 and The promise.

Sig made by Dorky.
Smellerbee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Freedom Fighter

« Reply #29 on: Jan 25, 2012 08:39 pm »

He could have just said "no".  Roll Eyes

or yes.... Tongue

Espescially for the Toph's husband one.

Triplets with RomoineRawr and Dorky
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #30 on: Jan 25, 2012 08:43 pm »

I totally called Suki saving the day at the end while everyone else dithers.

ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #31 on: Jan 25, 2012 08:55 pm »

well, remember, theres a lot more to a story than just romance (aka shipping). we know toph will one day have a daughter, so he really didnt need to go into exact details... even if thats what the fandom begs for Tongue

and he probably couldn't if he wanted... if you read his other interviews about the promise, he carefully evades spoilery questions.

personally, i really enjoyed the answers he gave. I also appreciated that he did not simply state, "i plead the fifth". he at least told us that information would be addressed later. which can be the same as saying, "i plead the fifth", but... when you just refuse to answer, that leaves us wondering... he told us that the information was coming. he also told us when he didn't know...

i like how he explained how long it takes to create a graphic novel. also, in recent interviews, he said he had been doing research on the boxer rebellion for a project he's working on. he also said that particular research came in handy when writing for ATLA. even if he didnt come right out and tell us what we wanted to hear, i am enjoying putting together all the information he did give by doing my own research now Smiley

Gene: I haven’t heard any news about more comics after The Promise.  The time span that The Promise covers is so short – just a fraction of the seventy years between the two series – that there’s plenty of room from more great stories.

ok, there needs to be MORE stories. i know people must be getting sick of hearing me say this, but this universe is HUGE. it could be as successful as the star wars expanded universe... or better Tongue

azure_flame
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #32 on: Jan 25, 2012 08:57 pm »

Somebody should point out that there will be spoilers in this tread

please support The Search - An Avatar: The Last Airbender Film http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-search-an-avatar-the-last-airbender-film
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #33 on: Jan 25, 2012 09:02 pm »

Gene: I haven’t heard any news about more comics after The Promise.  The time span that The Promise covers is so short – just a fraction of the seventy years between the two series – that there’s plenty of room from more great stories.

ok, there needs to be MORE stories. i know people must be getting sick of hearing me say this, but this universe is HUGE. it could be as successful as the star wars expanded universe... or better Tongue

Financially successful? No chance. Creatively successful? Very unlikely. Quality successful? Not out of the realm of possibility, all we have to do is convince Matthew Woodring Stover to write Avatar novels, and we're in the clear.

(No, seriously, everyone should spam whoever they have to in order to get Stover on Avatar. A martial artist writer who specializes in action and philosophy, with a dramatic narration style and a history of working for whatever licensed property will give him money?)

aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #34 on: Jan 25, 2012 09:08 pm »

I totally agree Avatar_Mom. The Avatarverse is huge! We only know 6 Avatars. They could do so much and keep it going and most importantly keep it fresh and new for years to come.

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
drhorrible61
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I am the first Jinora fan.

« Reply #35 on: Jan 25, 2012 09:23 pm »

Yes!  We could see the beginning of the world, an evil Avatar, an Avatar with a twin, Iroh's backstory, a Band of Brothers style story set during the War.  And those are just the things that come to my mind, just imagine what an actual writer could think of.

azure_flame
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #36 on: Jan 25, 2012 09:35 pm »

Yes!  We could see the beginning of the world, an evil Avatar, an Avatar with a twin, Iroh's backstory, a Band of Brothers style story set during the War.  And those are just the things that come to my mind, just imagine what an actual writer could think of.

I completely agree on this, there was so much they could do a about what happened during the wer and before!
am I the only one a little disappointed that the next animation wasn't going to be "avatar legend of kyoshi"?

please support The Search - An Avatar: The Last Airbender Film http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-search-an-avatar-the-last-airbender-film
iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #37 on: Jan 25, 2012 09:40 pm »

Mike and Bryan said there is a lot more to the avatarverse, so I really hope they expand on it in the future. Smiley

Sigs are for the weak
azure_flame
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #38 on: Jan 25, 2012 09:50 pm »

Yes!!!! Azula's BACK!!!! Cheesy

unfortunately, he says she still locked up  Cry

iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #39 on: Jan 25, 2012 09:50 pm »

^maybe she'll have a heart to heart with... Someone...

Sigs are for the weak
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #40 on: Jan 25, 2012 09:59 pm »

oh the possibilities with that crazy azula!  she's a worthy nemesis... i could just imagine an amazing escape because of a certain weakness in a character. i wonder how gene would have approached writing for her... i mean, he couldnt say "death" in the promise... how do you let a characters "evil" show and still not give kids nightmares Tongue

hehehe, "I will DOOM you for all eternity" ... yeah, it just isnt the same Tongue

somethingmysterious
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Christmas present from tokotothe end. Thanks ;)

« Reply #41 on: Jan 25, 2012 10:15 pm »

But I really wanna see what Azula has to offer in these comics... I guess she might be depressed by the betrayals and the fact that she lost. She must really think she's a failure

Keepin: EIP Iroh's "Prince Zuko, you must try this cake", Aang's death in 220, Azula's widow's peak and Zuko's widow's peak

To do: Change avvi and sig...
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #42 on: Jan 25, 2012 10:16 pm »

Or she's reading up on the latest treaties and listing loopholes. Homework takes time.

drhorrible61
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #43 on: Jan 25, 2012 10:17 pm »

hehehe, "I will DOOM you for all eternity" ... yeah, it just isnt the same Tongue

Because "I will DEATH you for all eternity!" makes perfect sense.

Azula's fate will certainly be interesting.  I found her breakdown to be incredibly compelling.

iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #44 on: Jan 25, 2012 11:41 pm »

Well, maybe something like.. "I will beat you to DOOM!"

Sigs are for the weak
Firenation2
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #45 on: Jan 25, 2012 11:43 pm »

Azula is Zuko's secret SECRET advisor.

She's controlling all of the Fire Nation at the moment from inside an asylum.

Do the thing.
azure_flame
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #46 on: Jan 26, 2012 12:02 am »

YES!
I'd buy that!

ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #47 on: Jan 26, 2012 02:19 am »

Or she's reading up on the latest treaties and listing loopholes. Homework takes time.

...thats what i would do Smiley

drhorrible61
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #48 on: Jan 26, 2012 07:23 am »

But she's sending her letter under a different name and Zuko doesn't know it's her.  He's starting to fall for his mysterious adviser...

tophness
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

^ She's a cutie.

« Reply #49 on: Jan 26, 2012 04:41 pm »

Azula's fate will certainly be interesting.  I found her breakdown to be incredibly compelling.

I completely agree. I think her breakdown was one of the, of not THE, best moments of the finale.

But she's sending her letter under a different name and Zuko doesn't know it's her.  He's starting to fall for his mysterious adviser...

I'd buy that.

Also, I read the interview. And even though he (understandably) bypassed many questions, I must say I completely love this man and everything he is doing for and with the comics. And I haven't even read it yet.
« Last Edit: Jan 26, 2012 04:43 pm by tophness » Logged

Keeps: Sokka's "Yes! Yes it can!"; Young!Mai's hair ribbons; Aang's big ears, the hidden Kataang kiss from 202
Korrasami bromance; Older!Aang's beard; Jinora's "Stay away from my dad's ex-girlfriend!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: