Dec 15, 2019 11:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Submit questions for Gene Yang (possible spoiler warning)  (Read 22201 times)
Ms.WW
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #75 on: Jan 19, 2012 12:19 am »

No, the mods draw questions from this thread. It could be any of them and not just the ones that a few people agree to.

My keeps: Korra & Tenzin's relationship, Tenzin's air wheel, Tenzin's locket of Guru Laghima, Tenzin's lecture on Monk Tang Xu's historic fast
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #76 on: Jan 19, 2012 12:22 am »

Well, clearly you have a say -- you're posting questions here. That's the whole point of having this thread instead of just the mods and admins coming up with questions on our own Smiley

I haven't been keeping up much with the thread, but if some questions are repeated frequently with just slightly different wording, it may be possible to give them more weight since it would be something many people want to know. Or maybe we'll pick the questions at random, I don't know. We haven't decided yet how we're going to pick the questions.

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #77 on: Jan 19, 2012 12:27 am »

I'm sorry, but picking it at random doesn't seem like a very good idea.

Sigs are for the weak
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #78 on: Jan 19, 2012 12:31 am »

^ Like I said, we haven't decided yet how we'll be picking the questions. "At random" is just a possibility among many others, it doesn't necessarily mean that that's how we'll pick them.

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #79 on: Jan 19, 2012 12:35 am »

Ok. I just don't want any slots to be wasted is all. Tongue

Sigs are for the weak
RomioneRawr
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Smellerbee's twin and first ever Borra shipper~

« Reply #80 on: Jan 19, 2012 12:36 am »

Okay. Well, my list in addition to the Yu Dao or Zuko question is what I thought would be the best to ask from what we had, but not a lot of people have been posting here, so it's not really equally represented. As long as the important questions get taken into consideration, I trust the mods.

I'm excited for this interview. :3

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."
ME GUSTA KORRA NATION: http://sot.ag/MzkzMjE1/
Fugitiva
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #81 on: Jan 19, 2012 12:37 am »

Why waste a question on smellershot since:
- It is one of the things that will be known when the next comics are realeased, we just have to wait...
- Bryke and Gene probably didn't even think that much on the smellerbee/longhot matter... They were most likely just intended to be freedom fighters who are there to protest. And what importance does the knowledge of "how they escaped lake laogai" have to the comics plot?
iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #82 on: Jan 19, 2012 12:39 am »

^How will we know about it in the next comics?

Sigs are for the weak
Fugitiva
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #83 on: Jan 19, 2012 12:45 am »

^ I see people are curious to see if tere will be romance between the two, and what role the freedom fighters are going to play. Well, that will be seen in the next comics. They might just keep as mere protestants or play a bigger role... We'll see. There might be romance between them or they will just keep the way they are now: companions/friends. We'll see. Everything that could have been asked and answered about the F.F. is on that blog of gene's. That's my opinion.
« Last Edit: Jan 19, 2012 12:48 am by Fugitiva » Logged
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #84 on: Jan 19, 2012 01:45 am »

Of course we're not picking at random, I was being funny when I posted it. We might choose a few from RR's list and some from others.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Mr Grieves
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #85 on: Jan 19, 2012 02:26 am »

I haven't read the comic but I'm always interested to know about writers' creative processes and artistic insecurities/discarded ideas, what they're unhappy/happy with. But I can't think of a way to word this in one question so oh well. I guess I'm more into that than finding out little story-related facts.
fire nation spirit
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #86 on: Jan 19, 2012 07:19 am »

Whoo-hoo, yay!

- The last page showed Zuko slipping back after so much character development, that angered a lot of fans. Any reason for that?

- Where's Iroh in the comic? A lot of the fans are worried he's dead.

- Zuko has been Fire Lord for a year now and there's still no engagement to Mai. Any problems in their relationship?

- What about the other ships? We see no Sokka and Suki interaction, are they no longer together? What about Smellerbee and Longshot?

- You mentioned in earlier interviews that you wanted to introduce "conflict" in Katara and Aang's relationship. What kind of conflict did you have in mind?

- How did Smellerbee and Longshot escape from Lake Laogai? Will we get to know about that in the comics?

- Were you a fanboy of the cartoon series? How did it feel when you could work with the creators?

- Could you tell us more about the comic writing process? How long does it take from the start to the publishing of the comic?

- Ultimately, we know Aang and Zuko will create Republic City together so would the character development of both characters be mind blowing awesome? =D

^I second those, those are really great questions, especially the ones I bolded Tongue

- Why does Katara nod at Aang when Zuko asks him to make the promise? What's the meaning behind that nod?

^THIS.
Why does Katara so quick to want Zuko to die? He did sort of potentially sacrifice his life for hers. Gosh, Katara, someone's still bitter about Ba Sing Se are we?

- Is Sukka still up and running?

^I need to know! Cry

- Where is Lo and Li?

- What's about the five other assassins before Kori? Who were they? Whats happened with them?

^Those are good questions.

Does spirit Avatar Roku even know his great grandson is the new Firelord? (he kinda agreed on the promise Zuko and Aang made)
^THIS. This so hard. Also: Will Zuko and Aang ever find out that they are technically related?

-Do you know what happened to Ursa? Since this trilogy focuses on the founding of Republic City, are there any plans for future comics that cover Ursa and possibly Azula?

^THIS. But I think it should be mentioned that we saw the interview with Bryke by Darkhorse that lead to these speculations.

-Why were Aang and his friends so quick to assume that Zuko was turning into Ozai, and that he must die? Have they grown apart during the last year? In addition, why did Aang agree to kill his friend when his deep morals caused him to go out of his way to avoid killing a genocidal, evil dictator?

^Yes, Aang, what's with your sudden urge to agree to murders? Tongue
-Will Zuko ever tell Aang that Roku is his great-grandfather?
[/b]
^Again, YES

-Will Toph have any closure with her parents? Will we get a hint as to who her future husband will be?

^SECONDED!

^I agree with most of these also.

but guuuys! what about Azula? or is it because it's a question that'll be answered in pt 2 or 3?
RomioneRawr
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Smellerbee's twin and first ever Borra shipper~

« Reply #87 on: Jan 19, 2012 09:14 am »

^I think we've been told as much about Azula as we can be. Maybe we can ask Gene if he thinks she is redeemable?

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."
ME GUSTA KORRA NATION: http://sot.ag/MzkzMjE1/
fire nation spirit
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #88 on: Jan 19, 2012 09:17 am »

^I think we've been told as much about Azula as we can be. Maybe we can ask Gene if he thinks she is redeemable?

i don't think so. the only thing we got from Gene about Azula was that she will appear (Azure_flame asked him in person) but aside from that, i wanna know if she's gonna be redeemed or not, or whether she will make a connection to the whereabouts of Ursa.
PokemonLotty
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Swag.

« Reply #89 on: Jan 19, 2012 04:37 pm »

^I also want to know that. But the reason, I think, there aren't many Azula questions is because Gene already said something about how she will make an appearance.

Follow me on tumblr! Smiley
http://sub-maureen.tumblr.com/
iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #90 on: Jan 19, 2012 04:41 pm »

^I think thats all we'll need to know about Azula, we'll see her in the comics eventually. (so they say)

Sigs are for the weak
tophness
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

^ She's a cutie.

« Reply #91 on: Jan 19, 2012 05:33 pm »

Err, I vote something else. Tongue

gee, i wonder what *cough*Toth*cough*

Wow, good guess, but no. Tongue I just vote for something other than Azula.

I haven't read the comic but I'm always interested to know about writers' creative processes and artistic insecurities/discarded ideas, what they're unhappy/happy with. But I can't think of a way to word this in one question so oh well. I guess I'm more into that than finding out little story-related facts.

If this could be worded into a question, I would request for this to be asked as well. I've always wondered that too.

Keeps: Sokka's "Yes! Yes it can!"; Young!Mai's hair ribbons; Aang's big ears, the hidden Kataang kiss from 202
Korrasami bromance; Older!Aang's beard; Jinora's "Stay away from my dad's ex-girlfriend!"
iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #92 on: Jan 19, 2012 06:26 pm »

^Uhhh, maybe like : "As a writer, are you ever unhappy about some of the material you put out? Do you ever wish that you could go back and add something you discarded, or change something?"

I am absolutely terrible at wording things so that probably sounds pretty dumb. XD

Sigs are for the weak
azure_flame
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #93 on: Jan 19, 2012 06:28 pm »

^I also want to know that. But the reason, I think, there aren't many Azula questions is because Gene already said something about how she will make an appearance.

actually, Gene has been asks a lot of questions about Azula here and there.

please support The Search - An Avatar: The Last Airbender Film http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-search-an-avatar-the-last-airbender-film
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #94 on: Jan 19, 2012 06:53 pm »

"Can you give a little retrospective about your writing process? For example, things you think worked really well, things you regret, ideas that you weren't able to work in, and little inspirations?"

You're allowed to use two sentences on a single question. Wink

iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #95 on: Jan 19, 2012 07:05 pm »

"Can you give a little retrospective about your writing process? For example, things you think worked really well, things you regret, ideas that you weren't able to work in, and little inspirations?"

^Yeah, this sounds good!

Sigs are for the weak
Mr Grieves
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #96 on: Jan 19, 2012 07:24 pm »

Oh that's good, thanks!
Firenation2
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #97 on: Jan 19, 2012 07:48 pm »

What made you pursue making comics as a career?

Anything to say to aspiring comic makers out there?

Do the thing.
Mr Grieves
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #98 on: Jan 19, 2012 07:50 pm »

Is there anything you just cannot draw very well?
Star Outlaw
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Are you okay?

« Reply #99 on: Jan 19, 2012 09:18 pm »

Okay, I thought of a question.

- Which side has more support? Those in favor of the movement or those against it?
- How do the native Fire Nations citizens feel about the movement (that is, those that live on the Fire Nation homeland)?

Check out my Avatar Music Videos.

I keep Pabu. Sig by LeonsKennedy4815
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: