Nov 22, 2019 10:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Submit questions for Gene Yang (possible spoiler warning)  (Read 22101 times)
Ms.WW
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #50 on: Jan 18, 2012 09:38 pm »

But if we ask about Ursa it reminds him and indirectly (through Gene maybe) M&B that we're still interested in this story and they should seriously consider writing something, a show or comic or an animated movie, to finally answer that question.

My keeps: Korra & Tenzin's relationship, Tenzin's air wheel, Tenzin's locket of Guru Laghima, Tenzin's lecture on Monk Tang Xu's historic fast
RomioneRawr
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Smellerbee's twin and first ever Borra shipper~

« Reply #51 on: Jan 18, 2012 09:39 pm »

^I think they already know we're interested. XD

^^Why don't we just make it vaguer, like "Are Mako and Bolin descended from citizens of the comics' Yu Dao? How much of Republic City is from the original Yu Dao? Are most immigrants from other nations?"

We have to try our best to avoid simple yes/no questions where they are avoidable.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."
ME GUSTA KORRA NATION: http://sot.ag/MzkzMjE1/
iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #52 on: Jan 18, 2012 09:45 pm »

They're not final questions; the mods are doing that. I'm just trying to collect all our ideas. XD

And the list I have only has eleven, and I can't think of what to put for twelve.

Oh, i see. Errmm... Theres a lot of questions that can be asked, are you going to post your list?

EDIT: Oh, nevermind, you already did. XD
« Last Edit: Jan 18, 2012 09:54 pm by iwashere » Logged

Sigs are for the weak
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #53 on: Jan 18, 2012 09:48 pm »

I don't think we should add the energybending part, cause that's kind of a given answer: it's really not gonna take him down from power, and he can still rule as Ozai without his firebending.
What stopped Ozai from ruling after Aang took away his Firebending? Ozai was so weak he could barely move. They could simply lock Zuko up somewhere and and not let him rule.

The fact that they ended the war, mainly, thus putting him in prison for what I suppose could be the penalization of crimes against humanity.
I added the rest of what I originally said. They could easily imprison Zuko for attempting to cause another conflict. Like attempting to disturb the peace or something XD

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
PokemonLotty
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Swag.

« Reply #54 on: Jan 18, 2012 09:52 pm »

^^Why don't we just make it vaguer, like "Are Mako and Bolin descended from citizens of the comics' Yu Dao? How much of Republic City is from the original Yu Dao? Are most immigrants from other nations?"

We have to try our best to avoid simple yes/no questions where they are avoidable.

I like all of the questions you've gathered, they're all good ones! You worded them really well also. I think for the twelfth question you should ask about the Zuko slipping back on his character development and how it angered many fans question. I'm quite curious to hear his response to that. Good job sorting things out though.
Smiley

Follow me on tumblr! Smiley
http://sub-maureen.tumblr.com/
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #55 on: Jan 18, 2012 09:53 pm »

I think for the twelfth question you should ask about the Zuko slipping back on his character development and how it angered many fans question. I'm quite curious to hear his response to that. Good job sorting things out though.
Smiley
RR compiled questions from others and that's my question. =P

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
RomioneRawr
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #56 on: Jan 18, 2012 09:54 pm »

They're not final questions; the mods are doing that. I'm just trying to collect all our ideas. XD

And the list I have only has eleven, and I can't think of what to put for twelve.

Oh, i see. Errmm... Theres a lot of questions that can be asked, are you going to post your list?

I already posted it, edited it, and re-posted it.

Here it is again:

Where's Iroh in the comic? A lot of the fans are worried he's dead. Why doesn’t Zuko ask him for help instead of Ozai? Surely Iroh knows his nephew needs him more than his tea shop?

What kind of "conflict" do you have in mind for Kataang? And what about Sokka and Suki? We know that "no couple is safe", but this one feels the most unsafe to us, for whatever reason. What's in store for these pairings?

Will we see new Flying Bison or Winged Lemurs in the comics? Will it be revealed how they came to be repopulated?

We know you can’t tell us much of anything related to Ursa, but we can’t resist asking. Do you know what happens to her? You don’t have to tell us, but do you know?

Are Smellerbee and Longshot a couple, or do you intend to portray them that way in the comics? It's unclear in the series; can we (or will we) have any confirmation on that, or has it come up at all in your discussions with Mike and Bryan? Will we get to know how they escaped Lake Laogai?

We did see that the story continues for the Freedom Fighters. How big of a role will they play?

How do you feel about the spontaneous leakage of the first comic? What about the leaks (and potential future leaks) of The Legend of Korra?

Katara seems to immediately nod in agreement to Zuko’s “plan” to have Aang kill him if he becomes like his father. Why is she immediately in support of this? Aang also seems not to have as big of an issue killing Zuko as he did with Ozai. Why the sudden change of heart?

Will Toph reconcile with her parents in the comics or afterwards? How do they feel about her metalbending school? And will Toph’s future love interest appear in the comics at all?

Will you be doing any other comic series involving Avatar: The Last Airbender? Are there plans for future comics, or is there potential?

What are some elements of the story that you invented yourself? What about Mike and Bryan? Do any of your ideas from the comics affect The Legend of Korra? Or was everything already mostly planned out?

I like all of the questions you've gathered, they're all good ones! You worded them really well also. I think for the twelfth question you should ask about the Zuko slipping back on his character development and how it angered many fans question. I'm quite curious to hear his response to that. Good job sorting things out though.
Smiley

Thanks. :3 So it's between that question and the Yu Dao one.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."
PokemonLotty
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Swag.

« Reply #57 on: Jan 18, 2012 09:56 pm »

I think for the twelfth question you should ask about the Zuko slipping back on his character development and how it angered many fans question. I'm quite curious to hear his response to that. Good job sorting things out though.
Smiley
RR compiled questions from others and that's my question. =P

Yeah, I saw, I liked that question a lot, I liked the way you worded it too Tongue

Thanks. :3 So it's between that question and the Yu Dao one.

You're welcome! Smiley And what's the Yu Dao one? Tongue

azure_flame
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #58 on: Jan 18, 2012 09:57 pm »

But if we ask about Ursa it reminds him and indirectly (through Gene maybe) M&B that we're still interested in this story and they should seriously consider writing something, a show or comic or an animated movie, to finally answer that question.

vote for an animated movie about Azula!  Grin

please support The Search - An Avatar: The Last Airbender Film http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-search-an-avatar-the-last-airbender-film
PokemonLotty
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Swag.

« Reply #59 on: Jan 18, 2012 10:32 pm »

^LOL I second this.
It should reveal what happened to Ursa and patch up Azula. They could tie into each other! Cheesy

RomioneRawr
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #60 on: Jan 18, 2012 10:35 pm »

@PokemonLotty

Are Mako and Bolin descended from citizens of the comics' Yu Dao? How much of Republic City is from the original Yu Dao? Are most immigrants from other nations?

OR

Something like this: "One thing that really deepened the story in A:TLA was Zuko's gigantic, emotional character arc. He underwent so many changes to become the person he was at the finale. That's why many fans are now asking 'Zuko... what on earth are you doing?!' Why, after so much character development that would influence him to make ANY other decision, would he go back and seek advice from his father? Is he having a relapse?"

iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #61 on: Jan 18, 2012 10:37 pm »

I say the Yu dao one. (because apparently I'm the only one that wasn't bothered by Zuko's slip up, it was kinda expected.)

And I like all of the questions you compiled, I hope there all asked.

Sigs are for the weak
RomioneRawr
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #62 on: Jan 18, 2012 10:40 pm »

Should we take a vote? XD

I'm honestly conflicted between the two.

tophness
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

^ She's a cutie.

« Reply #63 on: Jan 18, 2012 10:53 pm »

I know this wouldn't help at all with the decision, but I wouldn't mind either question being asked. Cheesy

vote for an animated movie about Azula!  Grin

Err, I vote something else. Tongue

Keeps: Sokka's "Yes! Yes it can!"; Young!Mai's hair ribbons; Aang's big ears, the hidden Kataang kiss from 202
Korrasami bromance; Older!Aang's beard; Jinora's "Stay away from my dad's ex-girlfriend!"
PokemonLotty
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Swag.

« Reply #64 on: Jan 18, 2012 10:59 pm »

@PokemonLotty

Are Mako and Bolin descended from citizens of the comics' Yu Dao? How much of Republic City is from the original Yu Dao? Are most immigrants from other nations?

OR

Something like this: "One thing that really deepened the story in A:TLA was Zuko's gigantic, emotional character arc. He underwent so many changes to become the person he was at the finale. That's why many fans are now asking 'Zuko... what on earth are you doing?!' Why, after so much character development that would influence him to make ANY other decision, would he go back and seek advice from his father? Is he having a relapse?"

^The Yu Dao one is pretty interesting too, but I simply have to know the Zuko one. Especially when you worded it like that....I mean, Zuko, GAHHHH. You go through the entire series learning that no, in fact Daddy does not love you and probably wants you dead, but you don't need him, he'd use you like your sister and manipulate you anyway. Who does Zuko go crawling back to? That's right: Daddy.

iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #65 on: Jan 18, 2012 11:04 pm »

I'm sorry but i kinda don't care about having confirmation that Ursa will be in the comics.

And i agree, we should vote! I vote Yu dao! I was just not that surprised that Zuko slipped up so i don't need an explanation (Because the answer is: "Because its Zuko.")

Sigs are for the weak
PokemonLotty
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Swag.

« Reply #66 on: Jan 18, 2012 11:06 pm »

Ah, yes, as for my vote: I vote the Zuko thing ahaha Tongue

Also, do we know when the interview will be taking place? I know when the deadline is, but what about the interview? Do we not know yet?

RomioneRawr
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #67 on: Jan 18, 2012 11:07 pm »

No idea when it is. XD

Zuko- 1
Yu Dao- 1

Stupendous
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

juice for grown-ups

« Reply #68 on: Jan 18, 2012 11:14 pm »

I like the questions so far. ^^

The Zuko one will be answered later in the series, though. Again, steer clear of questions that will be answered in Pts 2/3. He'll just evade them. I prefer the Yu Dao one, myself.

Keeper of Korra's armband, Asami's impeccable style, and the Air Kids' sibling shenanigans
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #69 on: Jan 18, 2012 11:20 pm »

Ultimately, the mods and admins are the ones picking the questions so voting is pointless! Muahahahaha. XD

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
azure_flame
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #70 on: Jan 18, 2012 11:23 pm »

^LOL I second this.
It should reveal what happened to Ursa and patch up Azula. They could tie into each other! Cheesy

it can be named "Avatar: The Last Airbender, the princess returns"
you see? it works on multiple level.  Grin

Err, I vote something else. Tongue

gee, i wonder what *cough*Toth*cough*

please support The Search - An Avatar: The Last Airbender Film http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-search-an-avatar-the-last-airbender-film
Ms.WW
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #71 on: Jan 18, 2012 11:26 pm »

^^I thought that was the case.

I vote for Ursa times infinity to the infinant power.

Try tallying those votes.
« Last Edit: Jan 18, 2012 11:30 pm by Ms.DoubleW » Logged

My keeps: Korra & Tenzin's relationship, Tenzin's air wheel, Tenzin's locket of Guru Laghima, Tenzin's lecture on Monk Tang Xu's historic fast
iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #72 on: Jan 18, 2012 11:29 pm »

Ultimately, the mods and admins are the ones picking the questions so voting is pointless! Muahahahaha. XD

o_O I knew you people were evil!!

Sigs are for the weak
azure_flame
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #73 on: Jan 18, 2012 11:51 pm »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

i was hoping that Gene was going to read directly from the forums!

RomioneRawr
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #74 on: Jan 19, 2012 12:07 am »

...so really we have no say at all? We can't even make a list of the questions we agree to suggest? ...mhm.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: