Dec 13, 2019 03:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Submit questions for Gene Yang (possible spoiler warning)  (Read 22197 times)
PokemonLotty
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Swag.

« Reply #25 on: Jan 18, 2012 07:09 pm »

-Why didn't Katara just blood-bend Ozai into a prison cell or something in the finale? Lol, no jk, jk XD

-Will Toph's daughter's father be introduced in this comic series?

Follow me on tumblr! Smiley
http://sub-maureen.tumblr.com/
tophness
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

^ She's a cutie.

« Reply #26 on: Jan 18, 2012 07:12 pm »

For the Toph's baby's daddy question we should word it specifically so that it's a yes or no question that specifically narrows down the possibilities. For instance,

"Is Toph's baby's daddy in The Promise?"

If yes, then we have a good list to go off of. If no, then we know it's none of those characters.

Oh, that's a good strategy.

Keeps: Sokka's "Yes! Yes it can!"; Young!Mai's hair ribbons; Aang's big ears, the hidden Kataang kiss from 202
Korrasami bromance; Older!Aang's beard; Jinora's "Stay away from my dad's ex-girlfriend!"
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #27 on: Jan 18, 2012 07:25 pm »

Is Gene allowed to discuss which elements of the story were his own ideas, and which came from the Mike and the Bryan, in detail? If so, would he be so kind as to do so, to the best of his memory?

RomioneRawr
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Smellerbee's twin and first ever Borra shipper~

« Reply #28 on: Jan 18, 2012 08:01 pm »

Okay, so I compiled and tweaked a bunch of recurring questions I thought were most interesting/likely to be answered. The ones that might not be answered are worth the risk, I think. What do you guys think about these questions? We can have a max of twelve.

• Where's Iroh in the comic? A lot of the fans are worried he's dead. Why doesn’t Zuko ask him for help instead of Ozai? Surely Iroh knows his nephew needs him more than his tea shop?
  • You mentioned in earlier interviews that you wanted to introduce "conflict" in Katara and Aang's relationship. What kind of conflict did you have in mind?
  • Will we see new Flying Bison or Winged Lemurs in the comics? Will it be revealed how they came to be repopulated?
  • We know you can’t tell us much of anything related to Ursa, but we can’t resist asking. Do you know what happens to her? You don’t have to tell us, but do you know?
  • Are Smellerbee and Longshot a couple, or do you intend to portray them that way in the comics? It's unclear in the series; can we (or will we) have any confirmation on that, or has it come up at all in your discussions with Mike and Bryan? Will we get to know how they escaped Lake Laogai?
  • We did see that the story continues for the Freedom Fighters. How big of a role will they play?
  • How do you feel about the spontaneous leakage of the first comic? What about the leaks (and potential future leaks) of The Legend of Korra?
  • Katara seems to immediately nod in agreement to Zuko’s “plan” to have Aang kill him if he becomes like his father. Why is she immediately in support of this?
  • Will Toph reconcile with her parents in the comics or afterwards? How do they feel about her metalbending school? And will Toph’s future love interest appear in the comics at all?
  • Will you be doing any other comic series involving Avatar: The Last Airbender? Are there plans for future comics, or is there potential?
  • What are some elements of the story that you invented yourself? What about Mike and Bryan? Do any of your ideas from the comics affect The Legend of Korra? Or was everything already mostly planned out?
  • Whatever happened to Sokka and Suki? Are they still together? Do you plan to introduce conflict with them as well? We know that “no couple is safe”, and we have a hunch this one is the least safe of all, for whatever reason. What are your thoughts on this pairing? What kinds of things are in store for them?

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."
ME GUSTA KORRA NATION: http://sot.ag/MzkzMjE1/
Ms.WW
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #29 on: Jan 18, 2012 08:02 pm »

^^^ of course, it all goes down the drain if he answers, " maybe. Maybe not."

My keeps: Korra & Tenzin's relationship, Tenzin's air wheel, Tenzin's locket of Guru Laghima, Tenzin's lecture on Monk Tang Xu's historic fast
RomioneRawr
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #30 on: Jan 18, 2012 08:04 pm »

^We can plug the drain by saying "maybe" answers are punishable by death. ...violent, slow death.

LOL JK GENE WE LOVE YOU but seriously no "maybe"s. >:I

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."
Stupendous
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

juice for grown-ups

« Reply #31 on: Jan 18, 2012 08:08 pm »

^Can we have less ship related questions? I mean, all of those will be answered in due time...

And on a related note, we should probably be careful about asking questions that will be answered in Pt 2 and 3 in the Promise. They will be answered anyway, and he'll probably just give us a total non-answer.

Keeper of Korra's armband, Asami's impeccable style, and the Air Kids' sibling shenanigans
Ms.WW
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #32 on: Jan 18, 2012 08:11 pm »

Gene, if you're reading this, feel free to say, "That will be answered in part x," to whatever that reply is appropriate for.

My keeps: Korra & Tenzin's relationship, Tenzin's air wheel, Tenzin's locket of Guru Laghima, Tenzin's lecture on Monk Tang Xu's historic fast
RomioneRawr
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #33 on: Jan 18, 2012 08:14 pm »

^^ That's the stuff that keeps coming up, but I think we can get away with squeezing together Sukka and Kataang into one question, as they're both canon. Lemme try that now...

~What kind of "conflict" do you have in mind for Kataang? And what about Sokka and Suki? We know that "no couple is ssfe", but this one feels the most unsafe to us, for whatever reason. What kind of plans do you have for these pairings?

Is that okay? Then we can squeeze another question in.

And this is by no means the final list. That's decided by the mods. I'm just trying to compact all our ideas a bit.

somethingmysterious
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Christmas present from tokotothe end. Thanks ;)

« Reply #34 on: Jan 18, 2012 08:20 pm »

My Questions:

-Will Zuko find Ursa in the comics?
-Where'd Azula go after the Agni Kai? Nick.com really isn't a trustworthy website (seriously, -having Actor Iroh and saying *that's* Iroh? ugh)
-Will Azula's bangs grow within that year time period? Or at least look different?
-Are any members of the rivaling earthbending and firebending camps that Sokka and Toph are fighting against going to be Mako and Bolin's parents by any chance?
-Why the sudden lovey-doveyness in Aang and Katara's relationship?
-Will we see Suki and Sokka together in the comics?
-Is MomoxAppa canon?

Keepin: EIP Iroh's "Prince Zuko, you must try this cake", Aang's death in 220, Azula's widow's peak and Zuko's widow's peak

To do: Change avvi and sig...
RomioneRawr
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #35 on: Jan 18, 2012 08:28 pm »

My Questions:

-Will Zuko find Ursa in the comics?
-Where'd Azula go after the Agni Kai? Nick.com really isn't a trustworthy website (seriously, -having Actor Iroh and saying *that's* Iroh? ugh)
-Will Azula's bangs grow within that year time period? Or at least look different?
-Are any members of the rivaling earthbending and firebending camps that Sokka and Toph are fighting against going to be Mako and Bolin's parents by any chance?
-Why the sudden lovey-doveyness in Aang and Katara's relationship?
-Will we see Suki and Sokka together in the comics?
-Is MomoxAppa canon?

-That won't be answered
-An insane asylum
-Too much "what if" and we'll likely just get a simple "no"
-Wasn't it said Bryke wanted a long "honeymoon" phase?
-Asking that question

iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #36 on: Jan 18, 2012 08:47 pm »

Whoo-hoo, yay!

- The last page showed Zuko slipping back after so much character development, that angered a lot of fans. Any reason for that?

- Where's Iroh in the comic? A lot of the fans are worried he's dead.

- Zuko has been Fire Lord for a year now and there's still no engagement to Mai. Any problems in their relationship?

- What about the other ships? We see no Sokka and Suki interaction, are they no longer together? What about Smellerbee and Longshot?

- You mentioned in earlier interviews that you wanted to introduce "conflict" in Katara and Aang's relationship. What kind of conflict did you have in mind?

- How did Smellerbee and Longshot escape from Lake Laogai? Will we get to know about that in the comics?

- Were you a fanboy of the cartoon series? How did it feel when you could work with the creators?

- Could you tell us more about the comic writing process? How long does it take from the start to the publishing of the comic?

- Ultimately, we know Aang and Zuko will create Republic City together so would the character development of both characters be mind blowing awesome? =D

^I second those, those are really great questions, especially the ones I bolded Tongue

- Why does Katara nod at Aang when Zuko asks him to make the promise? What's the meaning behind that nod?

^THIS.
Why does Katara so quick to want Zuko to die? He did sort of potentially sacrifice his life for hers. Gosh, Katara, someone's still bitter about Ba Sing Se are we?

- Is Sukka still up and running?

^I need to know! Cry

- Where is Lo and Li?

- What's about the five other assassins before Kori? Who were they? Whats happened with them?

^Those are good questions.

Does spirit Avatar Roku even know his great grandson is the new Firelord? (he kinda agreed on the promise Zuko and Aang made)
^THIS. This so hard. Also: Will Zuko and Aang ever find out that they are technically related?

-Do you know what happened to Ursa? Since this trilogy focuses on the founding of Republic City, are there any plans for future comics that cover Ursa and possibly Azula?

^THIS. But I think it should be mentioned that we saw the interview with Bryke by Darkhorse that lead to these speculations.

-Why were Aang and his friends so quick to assume that Zuko was turning into Ozai, and that he must die? Have they grown apart during the last year? In addition, why did Aang agree to kill his friend when his deep morals caused him to go out of his way to avoid killing a genocidal, evil dictator?

^Yes, Aang, what's with your sudden urge to agree to murders? Tongue
-Will Zuko ever tell Aang that Roku is his great-grandfather?
[/b]
^Again, YES

-Will Toph have any closure with her parents? Will we get a hint as to who her future husband will be?

^SECONDED!

^I agree with most of these also.

Sigs are for the weak
tophness
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

^ She's a cutie.

« Reply #37 on: Jan 18, 2012 08:49 pm »

Good news, everyone!

Just caught this...the Professor...Cheesy

Keeps: Sokka's "Yes! Yes it can!"; Young!Mai's hair ribbons; Aang's big ears, the hidden Kataang kiss from 202
Korrasami bromance; Older!Aang's beard; Jinora's "Stay away from my dad's ex-girlfriend!"
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #38 on: Jan 18, 2012 08:53 pm »

Can we please not waste a question on Ursa, we're not gonna get an answer people!

Here's another question:
Why is Aang all of the sudden ok with killing? And of all people Zuko, a friend. Why wouldn't he just Energybend Zuko's Firebending away like he did Ozai?

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
RomioneRawr
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #39 on: Jan 18, 2012 09:01 pm »

Can we please not waste a question on Ursa, we're not gonna get an answer people!

Here's another question:
Why is Aang all of the sudden ok with killing? And of all people Zuko, a friend. Why wouldn't he just Energybend Zuko's Firebending away like he did Ozai?

The Ursa question I included I think would have a shot at being answered. Then, if he knows what happened, we can assume it will be answered at some point, as it's been planned. There's no way we're going to get an answer if we plainly ask what happened, so I think this is the best way.

That's a good question I think I've seen mentioned before as well. I think maybe we can squish that one in with Katara's nodding? Lemme edit the compilation list thingy (which I'm trying to keep at twelve questions, BTW, as that's our limit- because of this, we need to prioritize the questions).

Updated:

Where's Iroh in the comic? A lot of the fans are worried he's dead. Why doesn’t Zuko ask him for help instead of Ozai? Surely Iroh knows his nephew needs him more than his tea shop?
    What kind of "conflict" do you have in mind for Kataang? And what about Sokka and Suki? We know that "no couple is safe", but this one feels the most unsafe to us, for whatever reason. What's in store for these pairings?
    Will we see new Flying Bison or Winged Lemurs in the comics? Will it be revealed how they came to be repopulated?
    We know you can’t tell us much of anything related to Ursa, but we can’t resist asking. Do you know what happens to her? You don’t have to tell us, but do you know?
    Are Smellerbee and Longshot a couple, or do you intend to portray them that way in the comics? It's unclear in the series; can we (or will we) have any confirmation on that, or has it come up at all in your discussions with Mike and Bryan? Will we get to know how they escaped Lake Laogai?
    We did see that the story continues for the Freedom Fighters. How big of a role will they play?
    How do you feel about the spontaneous leakage of the first comic? What about the leaks (and potential future leaks) of The Legend of Korra?
    Katara seems to immediately nod in agreement to Zuko’s “plan” to have Aang kill him if he becomes like his father. Why is she immediately in support of this? Aang also seems not to have as big of an issue killing Zuko as he did with Ozai. Why the sudden change of heart?
    Will Toph reconcile with her parents in the comics or afterwards? How do they feel about her metalbending school? And will Toph’s future love interest appear in the comics at all?
    Will you be doing any other comic series involving Avatar: The Last Airbender? Are there plans for future comics, or is there potential?
    What are some elements of the story that you invented yourself? What about Mike and Bryan? Do any of your ideas from the comics affect The Legend of Korra? Or was everything already mostly planned out?
    *room for another question*

EDIT: Sorry, double post... <.<'

Double post merged. ~ Icy
« Last Edit: Jan 18, 2012 09:16 pm by Icy_Ashford » Logged

iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #40 on: Jan 18, 2012 09:10 pm »

Here's another question:

I don't think we should waste a question on her either tbh...

And thats a good question, but I don't know about energybending his powers away, thats like messing with his soul, not very nice...

Sigs are for the weak
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #41 on: Jan 18, 2012 09:15 pm »

^But killing him is ok? That's like messing with his life and future and stuff.

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
tophness
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

^ She's a cutie.

« Reply #42 on: Jan 18, 2012 09:16 pm »

I don't think we should add the energybending part, cause that's kind of a given answer: it's really not gonna take him down from power, and he can still rule as Ozai-like without his firebending.

Though, that's still a good question. Can we see if we can reword it like, "Why is Aang so quick to go along with Zuko's promise?" or something like that?
« Last Edit: Jan 18, 2012 09:24 pm by tophness » Logged

iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #43 on: Jan 18, 2012 09:19 pm »

^Yeah, that sounds better, I really wondered why Aang wouldn't kill Ozai, but he would agree to kill his friend.

Sigs are for the weak
RomioneRawr
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #44 on: Jan 18, 2012 09:23 pm »

We still have an extra space. Any thoughts on how to fill it?

aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #45 on: Jan 18, 2012 09:27 pm »

I don't think we should add the energybending part, cause that's kind of a given answer: it's really not gonna take him down from power, and he can still rule as Ozai without his firebending.
What stopped Ozai from ruling after Aang took away his Firebending? Ozai was so weak he could barely move. They could simply lock Zuko up somewhere and and not let him rule.

Are those the final questions?

iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #46 on: Jan 18, 2012 09:28 pm »

Extra space as in questions to ask? What are the ones we have now?

Sigs are for the weak
tophness
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

^ She's a cutie.

« Reply #47 on: Jan 18, 2012 09:30 pm »

I don't think we should add the energybending part, cause that's kind of a given answer: it's really not gonna take him down from power, and he can still rule as Ozai without his firebending.
What stopped Ozai from ruling after Aang took away his Firebending?

The fact that they ended the war, mainly, thus putting him in prison for what I suppose could be the penalization of crimes against humanity.

RomioneRawr
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #48 on: Jan 18, 2012 09:31 pm »

They're not final questions; the mods are doing that. I'm just trying to collect all our ideas. XD

And the list I have only has eleven, and I can't think of what to put for twelve.

tophness
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

^ She's a cutie.

« Reply #49 on: Jan 18, 2012 09:32 pm »

This is just me but, I really want to ask this question:

Do you know if Kori's multi-cultural family has any connection between Mako and Bolin's multi-cultural family?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: