Aug 22, 2019 07:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "My Brother and Many of My Friends..."  (Read 23173 times)
Breakfast at Tophs
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

love is watching someone die

« Reply #25 on: Jan 16, 2012 12:57 pm »

I don't see Zuko being too long lived either,  or Toph.  I could see Toph going out fighting a whole Bolivian army or driving a car over a cliff.  She's to awesome for this average world.

Sig and Avie by the very lovely Georgie
Proud keeper of Narook\'s seaweed noodlery
Ms.WW
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #26 on: Jan 16, 2012 01:11 pm »

Toph was having a "who's the strongest bender" match with her daughter and things went wrong. Sad

My keeps: Korra & Tenzin's relationship, Tenzin's air wheel, Tenzin's locket of Guru Laghima, Tenzin's lecture on Monk Tang Xu's historic fast
Sianna
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #27 on: Jan 16, 2012 01:17 pm »

^ Shocked

I... really want Azula to be alive, for some reason. Like I said before, she's had 70 years to recover. Maybe she's an advisor to the current Firelord. It would just be so awesome to see her as an old lady with the same amount of cunning and craftiness as her teenage self. Any Korra/Azula interaction would be golden. Cheesy

colle
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #28 on: Jan 16, 2012 01:34 pm »

I'm not confident at all we'll have anyone other than Katara, but our best bet in that regard is probably Toph. Not so sure about Zuko.

Wow. Halfway through typing that sentence, it hit me that Sokka was dead. Katara says her brother died. He's dead. I'm feeling teary...

Okay, I'm pathetic.

When i first heard Sokka was dead, i was like "Aww, man, that sucks!". But then i actually saw the clip, and i was all like "WHY'D YOU HAVE TO DIE?! I THOUGHT YOU WERE IMMORTAAAAALLLL!!" It is sad when you think of it...

And I don't see why everyone thinks it's so possible for Zuko to be alive, like pokemonlotty said, he had a lot of stress on him at an early age; just because you're stressed doesn't mean you'll kneel over and die, but being stressed does cause a lot of health problems, and sure makes you look old... just saying...

True, my theory as to why Zuko may not have lived as long as some pervious fire lords is because of the stress of his life, between his grandfather, father, sister, at least seven attempted assins and the stress they caused(this is the short list); it is bound to take a toll on one physically sooner or later.

Same with Aang, besides stress, he went though a lot of trama phyically so it is not surprising he didn't live as long as soon other avatars.

Sure it is sad to hear, it is like old friends are gone, though I'd like to think they all died in peace with themselves.  I am looking forward to new friends in Korra and I am sure there wil be a flashback or two.
« Last Edit: Jan 16, 2012 01:39 pm by colle » Logged
Eudaemon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Why must all of my favorite characters die?!

« Reply #29 on: Jan 16, 2012 01:52 pm »

I really want to believe that Toph is still alive and something like the following happens (not exactly, just an idea):

One day, Police Chief Bei Fong finally gives up trying to arrest Korra and curb her destructiveness. This time, instead of interrogating Korra, she tells her that there is someone that she should meet. Korra agrees and the Police Chief leads her to a house that looks out of repair. The floors are made of dry dirt and everything is coated in a fine layer of dust.
Korra walks into the dark room. There is a mysterious figure sitting in the middle with only a ray of light shining upon the figure. She can tell it is an elderly woman from the grey hair covering her eyes. The woman smiles, twists her foot slightly and the earth beneath Korra shifts, causing her to slip.
"Hey there, Twinkletoes," Toph says.

RIP Noatak. You were hot, but you were a psychopath.
I keep Bolin's green sash. Cheesy
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #30 on: Jan 16, 2012 02:12 pm »

^I would die of shiver overload. Then my spirit would die from a fangasm.

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
FluffyAppa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Unf

« Reply #31 on: Jan 16, 2012 02:49 pm »

^^....Oh god oh god oh god oh god...

http://kamisangel.deviantart.com
http://ask-avatarkorra.tumblr.com/
Follow my Ask Korra tumblr! Ask Korra questions!
PokemonLotty
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Swag.

« Reply #32 on: Jan 16, 2012 02:57 pm »

Oh, yeah, I totally forgot about the lightning thing with Azula, yeah, poor Zuko, he probably kicked the bucket at an early age. Cry

And, omg if Toph was alive and she called Korra twinkletoes I would implode, I would implode. What if Toph was alive and she taught Korra metalbending because Korra had taken an interest in it. Someone could then say to her "Why are you learning from a blind, old, lady?" (Toph obviously isn't around at this moment, otherwise she'd kick his/her butt.) To this Korra would relpy: "Hey, nothing better than learning from the master, the one who invented it herself!"

And I'm starting to miss Sokka more and more! Am I the only one who thinks that Sokka would make a hilarious old guy? It's so sad that Sokka is now pushing daisies. ;n; SOKKA, WHY, GOD, WHY DO THE GOOD DIE YOUNG!! D':

Follow me on tumblr! Smiley
http://sub-maureen.tumblr.com/
FluffyAppa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Unf

« Reply #33 on: Jan 16, 2012 03:28 pm »

I know ughhh. Sokka, I LOVED HIM. SO MUCH. But hopefully Bolin will make up for the comedic void that was left by Sokka...R.I.P.

http://kamisangel.deviantart.com
http://ask-avatarkorra.tumblr.com/
Follow my Ask Korra tumblr! Ask Korra questions!
TallBoy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

My Heart Burns For You

« Reply #34 on: Jan 16, 2012 03:33 pm »

I know ughhh. Sokka, I LOVED HIM. SO MUCH. But hopefully Bolin will make up for the comedic void that was left by Sokka...R.I.P.

he's got some big shoes to fill. not Kyoshi sized, but still

3DS FC: 2836-0221-8587
PM me if you add me
Owl
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #35 on: Jan 16, 2012 03:34 pm »

Sokka is "gone." Come, on "gone" could mean anything...anything! *DENIAL!!!* ;_;

But seriously, if no one else, Toph NEEDS to be alive.

But really by saying "many" and not "all" that seems to be an implication that someone else is still around - yes?

I am not obsessed with Avatar. I am in love with it.
owldee on tumblr
korra nation
PokemonLotty
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Swag.

« Reply #36 on: Jan 16, 2012 04:05 pm »

^I agree, someone, at least one more person is alive. I think Toph would be most fitting to still be alive as well, or a side-character like Mai, Sukki or Ty Lee, maybe even Azula, if they ever became friends, who knows. But someone else is out there that we know of. I've a feeling it's only one more, but someone is around.

aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #37 on: Jan 16, 2012 04:12 pm »

I don't know if I would consider Suki a side-kick. She is also included in the leaked opening, so if anything she is a member of the Gaang, or at least that's how Bryke want us to see her.

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #38 on: Jan 16, 2012 04:17 pm »

^I'd say she's a side character; she only joined the gaang second half of season three (Yeah, she was showed before that, but she never really joined them), and then she goes back to the kyoshi warriors... Even if you wanna call her a main character, i still wouldn't consider her apart of the gaang.

Sigs are for the weak
PokemonLotty
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Swag.

« Reply #39 on: Jan 16, 2012 04:21 pm »

I think she could be a part of the gaang, I mean, especially if you consider Zuko a part of the gaang, he was with them for even shorter a time. With her being in the opening sequence, I guess we are supposed to look at her like a main character, but I can't bring myself to doing it, she's too side-kick-ish. Don't get me wrong, Suki's cool, but...she'll always be a side-kick, at least in my head.

iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #40 on: Jan 16, 2012 04:24 pm »

^Yeah, but at least Zuko seemed like... He added something... And was officially stated to be apart of the gaang. But Suki, just kinda came up again, and i guess we were supposed to accept her...

But, again, she did join back up with the kyoshi warriors afterwards... just saying...

Sigs are for the weak
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #41 on: Jan 16, 2012 04:28 pm »

But she is probably supposed to be considered a part of the Gaang seeing as she was in the opening. Technically the whole Gaang could be considered side kicks to Aang.

Sianna
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #42 on: Jan 16, 2012 04:32 pm »

I think it would have helped if Suki formed a friendship with anyone else in the Gaang besides Sokka. She basically seemed like a tagalong. And compared to everyone else, she had the least character development.

iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #43 on: Jan 16, 2012 04:34 pm »

^I feel the same, she didnt really connect with anyone else... honestly, she barely talked to anyone else period. I just feel like we would need more story from Suki to really consider her apart of the gaang... But thats just me.

Sigs are for the weak
Avapony
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

You're gonna need some upgrades

« Reply #44 on: Jan 16, 2012 04:35 pm »

I think Suki was just in the opening because she participated in the Avatar finale.
Because while we're looking at the picture of the Gaang in the Korra opening, Teznin says, "When I was a boy, my father, Avatar Aang, told me the story of how he and his friends heroically ended the hundred year war."
So that picture basically tells us that Suki helped end the war, which we all already know. I don't know if I would consider Suki a part of the Gaang though.

PokemonLotty
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Swag.

« Reply #45 on: Jan 16, 2012 04:36 pm »

^Yeah, but at least Zuko seemed like... He added something... And was officially stated to be apart of the gaang. But Suki, just kinda came up again, and i guess we were supposed to accept her...

But, again, she did join back up with the kyoshi warriors afterwards... just saying...
Yeah, they always tossed her to the side during the show. Like, she seemed more side-kick-ish than the rest of them, they really just offed her to the side. I think we are supposed to think she's part of the gaang, but hey, they can't make me think anything. XD

But she is probably supposed to be considered a part of the Gaang seeing as she was in the opening. Technically the whole Gaang could be considered side kicks to Aang.
This is true, but, idk, she just seemed so....

I think it would have helped if Suki formed a friendship with anyone else in the Gaang besides Sokka. She basically seemed like a tagalong. And compared to everyone else, she had the least character development.

Yeah, I agree, she never really developed or had any interaction with any other characters. Poor Suki was brutally neglected when it came to such things. We didn't even get any insight to her back-story or anything either. I feel like she could've been good friends with Toph too... Sad Poor Suki...

I think Suki was just in the opening because she participated in the Avatar finale.
Because while we're looking at the picture of the Gaang in the Korra opening, Teznin says, "When I was a boy, my father, Avatar Aang, told me the story of how he and his friends heroically ended the hundred year war."
So that picture basically tells us that Suki helped end the war, which we all already know. I don't know if she's going to be in the new series or not, though.

Yeah, I was also thinking that, she was only there because, well, she was there.

aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #46 on: Jan 16, 2012 04:44 pm »

But then she was also with the Gaang at the end, not dressed as a Kyoshi Warrior and so was Mai. I'm still mad Ty Lee wasn't there. It's partially why I feel the end was rushed, well mainly season 3. Characters and relationships should have been developed more. Idk even Zuko's addition felt like it could have used a few more episodes.

iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #47 on: Jan 16, 2012 04:47 pm »

But then she was also with the Gaang at the end, not dressed as a Kyoshi Warrior and so was Mai.

And so was Iroh, and I don't consider him apart of the gaang...

(And we know from the promise that she stays with the kyoshi warriors)

Sigs are for the weak
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #48 on: Jan 16, 2012 04:52 pm »

And during which she gets closer to Zuko, Mai, and Ty Lee. And Toph and Zuko go their separate ways too.

iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #49 on: Jan 16, 2012 04:59 pm »

^Yes, but they for one, were overall more prominent characters, and even though their not together anymore, they didnt join a whole 'nother group like Suki. (It was her original group after all) And i'm not really talking about what happened after ATLA ended, I was just pointing it out.

Anyway, none of this really has anything to do with whose dead or not...
« Last Edit: Jan 16, 2012 05:05 pm by iwashere » Logged

Sigs are for the weak
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: