Apr 26, 2017 01:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spoiler Music  (Read 14019 times)
Wanderer255
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« on: Dec 29, 2011 02:22 pm »

The Track Team's facebook page has just posted a link to a video containing, what they claim to be, the Korra end credits music.

Can't post the direct link considering forum rules, but I'm wondering what you all think of this and whether it's "legit" or not.
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2011 02:33 pm »

Well, if the Track Team has said that this is in fact the end credits for TLOK (though "looped a bunch of times"), then I guess it's legit -- meaning, it's really the end credits music; the leak was still unauthorized when it happened.

This music had been included in one of the leaks from a few weeks ago, and people had wondered if it was true that they were the end credits music. I guess now we know for sure.

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
Wanderer255
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2011 02:58 pm »

Interesting, I wasn't sure if The Track Team facebook page was actually maintained by them or by fans, so that's one mystery solved.

As for the music, it definitely sounds very different from ATLA's end credits music. It's much smoother, with less reliance on percusion and more on the strings and melody. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the string instrument that's playing is called the Erhu?
kitsuneopal
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2011 03:30 pm »

It has a much more melancholy tone then ATLA end credits. Still lovely though Cheesy
Noirsam
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #4 on: Dec 29, 2011 03:40 pm »

Dont sound like the 1920 inspired music with an Asian twist that I was promised.

Sig made by Dorky.
kitsuneopal
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5 on: Dec 29, 2011 03:45 pm »

Dont sound like the 1920 inspired music with an Asian twist that I was promised.

Well it's only one 32 second track out of who knows how many....
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #6 on: Dec 29, 2011 04:36 pm »

^And it's just the end credits. We've only heard like 3 tracks from the series.

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
DynoMyte
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: Dec 29, 2011 04:58 pm »

I wonder if that's the whole end credits (cause that would be pretty short) or just part of it being looped.

HIPPO HAPPY TO BREED WITH BLIND BANDIT!

Ty Lee cleavage rules Cheesy
Noirsam
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8 on: Dec 29, 2011 05:11 pm »

It is looped. remember that a Credits is usually only 30 seconds long.

Sig made by Dorky.
FluffyAppa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Unf

« Reply #9 on: Dec 29, 2011 05:15 pm »

That facebook page is moderated by the actual Track Team, right?
I'm following them, but I just wanna make sure..

http://kamisangel.deviantart.com
http://ask-avatarkorra.tumblr.com/
Follow my Ask Korra tumblr! Ask Korra questions!
joinred1127
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Bryke be with us. Bryke give us strength.

« Reply #10 on: Dec 29, 2011 07:44 pm »

Interesting, I wasn't sure if The Track Team facebook page was actually maintained by them or by fans, so that's one mystery solved.

As for the music, it definitely sounds very different from ATLA's end credits music. It's much smoother, with less reliance on percusion and more on the strings and melody. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the string instrument that's playing is called the Erhu?

Yep, fascinating instrument, the Erhu. I heard one in concert a few months ago at the University of Delaware's music department. For a two stringed instrument, it's capable of quite a magnificent sound. Not many people play it — the woman at the concert flew in from Shanghai.

Yue "It's my duty Sokka. I have to do this."
Azula "Because I'm a people person."
Toph's burnt feet | Ocean Kumquats
Avatar Aang Memorial Island Clock
Nonbender "You're our Avatar too!"
FN Councilwomen's Keys
Eska "It's okay. I tried to kill cousin Korra when she ruined my wedding. It happens…
Ms.WW
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #11 on: Dec 29, 2011 09:16 pm »

That facebook page is moderated by the actual Track Team, right?
I'm following them, but I just wanna make sure..

Heck yes, it is! I've talked to Jeremy through facebook a couple of times.  He confirmed a person (I don't remember his name) who told me he was trying to get something together at one point.  That included me getting a free copy of the DC Showcase.  He didn't go very far with it, but I can assure you it's Ben and Jeremy.

I'm positive the jazz sound will be something unique to Republic City, and not something that occurs throughout the whole show. What I mean is, we probably won't be hearing jazzy stuff when we're at Tenzin's crib.

Yep, fascinating instrument, the Erhu. I heard one in concert a few months ago at the University of Delaware's music department. For a two stringed instrument, it's capable of quite a magnificent sound. Not many people play it — the woman at the concert flew in from Shanghai.

It's beautiful!! Almost sounds like a human voice singing. Sadly, Viacom took the video down.  Otherwise, I'd be listening to it some more.
« Last Edit: Dec 30, 2011 12:04 am by Ms.DoubleW » Logged

My keeps: Korra & Tenzin's relationship, Tenzin's air wheel, Tenzin's locket of Guru Laghima, Tenzin's lecture on Monk Tang Xu's historic fast
TheMist
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #12 on: Dec 29, 2011 11:33 pm »

It'll spread; knowing our fandom, it's being reposted as we speak.

Join the Official Legend of Korra fanclub! They have prizes!

I'm also the keeper of the Fire Nation Palace's gratuitous flame decals.
Eman5805
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A Soulful Brother

« Reply #13 on: Dec 30, 2011 01:19 am »

Since none of the links I've seen work anyway, if I assume it's the same piece I've heard, through means I won't mention, it's quite...subdued, even melancholic. It's a FAR cry from the uptempo drums, pan flute, and "ch-ch" sounds of the A:TLA's outro.

I definitely like it all the same.

DynoMyte
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #14 on: Dec 30, 2011 02:21 am »

This piece is exactly what I hoped it would be.

Like a night time Republic City/ ATI.

HIPPO HAPPY TO BREED WITH BLIND BANDIT!

Ty Lee cleavage rules Cheesy
Sword-of-Sokka
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #15 on: Jan 02, 2012 04:11 am »

It sounds great, but also sounds very ... sad.  This makes me wonder if TLoK will end in tragedy...

"And just as the imagination is limitless, so too are the possibilities of the sword."

Keeper of one of Piandao's wooden jian, Sokka's set of free swordplay armor, and the jian on sale in AtLA 304

Keeper of Aang's cape (TLoK)
Ms.WW
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #16 on: Jan 02, 2012 04:14 am »

It doesn't sound sad as much as it does contemplative, for me.

My keeps: Korra & Tenzin's relationship, Tenzin's air wheel, Tenzin's locket of Guru Laghima, Tenzin's lecture on Monk Tang Xu's historic fast
Avapony
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

You're gonna need some upgrades

« Reply #17 on: Jan 02, 2012 11:05 am »

If anyone doesn't mind, what is the track teams Facebook name? If this isn't allowed, then...never mind Smiley I'm just having trouble finding their page.

tweedledee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #18 on: Jan 02, 2012 11:16 am »

I love the song.  I even made an mp3 of the loop.
Noirsam
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #19 on: Jan 02, 2012 11:19 am »

If anyone doesn't mind, what is the track teams Facebook name? If this isn't allowed, then...never mind Smiley I'm just having trouble finding their page.

here it is: http://www.facebook.com/thetrackteam

Sig made by Dorky.
Avapony
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #20 on: Jan 02, 2012 11:34 am »

^ Thanks!

EDIT: It was taken down wasn't it? Undecided
« Last Edit: Jan 02, 2012 12:26 pm by Avapony » Logged

Ms.WW
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #21 on: Jan 02, 2012 10:38 pm »

^No, it's their group that's obsolete.  Their page is what they update on. Their latest update was on Saturday.

Avapony
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #22 on: Jan 03, 2012 11:56 am »

^ No, I meant the video containing the music. I'm not able to view it because it was blocked by Viacom. Grrr...

Ms.WW
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #23 on: Jan 03, 2012 10:00 pm »

Oh, sorry.  Yeah, they took it down awhile ago, but people are re-posting it on YouTube everyday.

Avapony
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #24 on: Jan 03, 2012 10:05 pm »

Hmm, maybe I'll be lucky and catch it there. Thanks!

EDIT: found it. Wow, it does sound kinda sad. But I like that it still has that same feel from the old series and not something completely different. That's what I got out of it anyway.
« Last Edit: Jan 03, 2012 10:58 pm by Avapony » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: