Dec 14, 2019 08:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Promise- Part 2 Speculation (Spoilers)  (Read 96425 times)
Smellerbee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Freedom Fighter

« Reply #25 on: Jan 05, 2012 08:01 pm »

Yay! Tokka love is good (though I am rooting for The Doph)

I really want the Freedom Fighters to be stirring stuff up. King Kuei and Zuko will probably be at a standoff in negotiations. The X factor is going to be what the Yu Dao citizenry and the Freedom Fighters do in the meantime.

I want this too. I mean, Aang only has 3 days to do something, and honestly I can't really imagine him actually solving the problem by then. Also, why would the writer set it up like that if the Freedom Fighters weren't going to return?
I could easily see them being the C Story for Part 2, if not Part 3.

Triplets with RomoineRawr and Dorky
Ms.WW
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #26 on: Jan 05, 2012 11:21 pm »

Gene Yang has said in a letter to a fan that Toph and Sokka are the main characters of volume 2 of the comic.

http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Toph%27s_Fanboy/%22Tokka%22_Correspondence_With_Gene_Yang

I can't say I'm not dissapointed.  I was expecting all of the stuff built up in the first volume to be further developed in the second volume, but it sounds like we won't get that much development.

My keeps: Korra & Tenzin's relationship, Tenzin's air wheel, Tenzin's locket of Guru Laghima, Tenzin's lecture on Monk Tang Xu's historic fast
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #27 on: Jan 05, 2012 11:26 pm »

I'm a little disappointed too, Ms.DoubleW.  I don't know. Personally I'm not really feeling these books anymore. It seems like a slightly above average fan fiction.
« Last Edit: Jan 05, 2012 11:28 pm by aa623 » Logged

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
ElMariachi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #28 on: Jan 06, 2012 02:00 pm »

There's two things I was wondering : in part 1 we have seen how the EK people manifested in front of Yu Dao gates about how they wanted Yu Dao to be dismantled, but how about the EK citizens of Yu Dao? How they feels about this : did they want the FN citizen gone, even if that undermine the city metalworking industry, which is what permitted the city to prosper and grow, or did they lived with the FN people for so long that they want them to stay, even if they're not equals with the FN citizen(which can change : the mayor married an EK woman and had a interbreed daughter, it's possible that in fact, the two population are slowly mixing).

Second thing, WARNING SPOILERS FROM KORRA

~snip~
Nope, sorry. No Korra spoilers (especially from leaks!) outside of the Korra Spoilers board. ~SMBH
« Last Edit: Jan 06, 2012 03:14 pm by SMBH » Logged

English isn't my native language, so excuse me for my misspells.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #29 on: Jan 06, 2012 11:03 pm »

Gene Yang has said in a letter to a fan that Toph and Sokka are the main characters of volume 2 of the comic.

http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Toph%27s_Fanboy/%22Tokka%22_Correspondence_With_Gene_Yang

I'm holding out hope that Suki and Mai are the main characters of Book 3, and resolve things without Aang and Zuko's input.

aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #30 on: Jan 06, 2012 11:08 pm »

I'm holding out hope that Suki, Ty Lee, and Mai are the main characters of Book 3, and resolve things without Aang and Zuko's input.
Fixed that. Wink

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #31 on: Jan 06, 2012 11:17 pm »

Much obliged. Smiley

FluffyAppa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Unf

« Reply #32 on: Jan 08, 2012 06:50 pm »

Has anyone seen the leaked page from the Promise (Part 2)? It shows Aang and Katara being all lovey-dovey, and of course Sokka complaining about it...I would post the picture, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone.

http://kamisangel.deviantart.com
http://ask-avatarkorra.tumblr.com/
Follow my Ask Korra tumblr! Ask Korra questions!
iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #33 on: Jan 08, 2012 06:59 pm »

^No, i haven't seen it. In couldn't find the whole picture anywhere >.<

Sigs are for the weak
Noirsam
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #34 on: Jan 08, 2012 07:00 pm »

Yes.

But it is not a leaked page. It is from the comic book industry catalog Previews.

Sig made by Dorky.
FluffyAppa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Unf

« Reply #35 on: Jan 08, 2012 07:02 pm »

^It is on KataangForever forum (LOL I'm on there too). Some random person with only 2 posts just posted it, and then left :| No idea if it's legit or not, but it looks extremely well made. Gurihuri's art style is hard to miss.

Yes.

But it is not a leaked page. It is from the comic book industry catalog Previews.
So, it's legit? Awesomeeeee!

LoyalSubject
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #36 on: Jan 08, 2012 07:21 pm »

Yes.

Unless the person who claimed it was from Previews is lying. I was never able to find the page on Previews' website...unless they only sent it out only through the mail...

I don't know how I feel about Sokka and Toph being the main characters of the second volume. On one hand, it might be able to work. But on the other, I don't think it will based on what the Promise part 1 had.
« Last Edit: Jan 08, 2012 07:24 pm by LoyalSubject » Logged

This is my Destiny.

PLEASE CLICK FOR ME! http://sot.ag/Mzk5NDMw/
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #37 on: Jan 08, 2012 07:30 pm »

I wonder how long it will be before we get more. Are fandom can be so spoiled sometimes.

Noirsam
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #38 on: Jan 08, 2012 07:31 pm »

Yes.

Unless the person who claimed it was from Previews is lying. I was never able to find the page on Previews' website...unless they only sent it out only through the mail...

Maybe. But if it was a leak we should have more than one picture.

Sig made by Dorky.
iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #39 on: Jan 08, 2012 07:46 pm »

So, can the picture be posted? I can't seem to find it.

Sigs are for the weak
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #40 on: Jan 08, 2012 08:05 pm »

I found it, it's nothing special.  They're just flying on Appa and Toph is picking her nose.

FluffyAppa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Unf

« Reply #41 on: Jan 08, 2012 10:00 pm »

^ And Katara and Aang hugging LOL. Being all lovey-dovey and Sokka trying to deal with the "oogies"

iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #42 on: Jan 09, 2012 12:39 am »

Oh, yup, just found it!

Sigs are for the weak
RissieChie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Party slime ;)

« Reply #43 on: Jan 09, 2012 01:42 am »

It's all over tumblr. Everywhere. O_o

WARNING: May show serious signs of a fangirl.
Follow my Avatar Tumblr
mike50333
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'Zula's still runnin' this, fools!

« Reply #44 on: Jan 09, 2012 11:33 pm »

^ And Katara and Aang hugging LOL. Being all lovey-dovey and Sokka trying to deal with the "oogies"
Sokka in the second panel sums up my reaction. 

STOP LOVING EACH OTHER AND START BICKERING AND B*TCHING AND WANTING TO CUT EACH OTHERS' THROAT LIKE A NORMAL COUPLE!

Seriously, at least Mai and Zuko have a few minor bumps in that he's not keeping her in the loop with his diplomatic happenings.

Korra is Best Avatar!  You gotta Deal With It!

Quote of the month:

Quote from: Sarcastic Master
I hate that Fred came on after Korra. I actually saw a stupid second of it... A second! I will never get that second back!

T:LOK Keeps: Equalist Battle Cruiser
Alec
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

« Reply #45 on: Jan 10, 2012 08:23 am »

I'm holding out hope that Suki and Mai are the main characters of Book 3, and resolve things without Aang and Zuko's input.
We can only dream.

But then I suppose that means Katara will have been ignored, relatively, throughout the story.... Oh well, I suppose she did get that whole narrative to herself.
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #46 on: Jan 10, 2012 09:19 am »

We can only dream.

Actually, the whole "mixed-up-nation" could be Suki's idea. I mean, Kyoshi Island is pretty much a Republic City Light.

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
ElMariachi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #47 on: Jan 10, 2012 12:13 pm »

^ I don't think Kyoshi Island is comparable to Republic City as is still part of the Earth Kingdom, it's just that now it's an island.

Republic City is a completely independent city, responding only to himself, a whole new country if you prefer, accepting anyone as potential citizens, regardless of the previous nationality or the bending power.
So I don't think Suki came up with the"mixed-up-nation" idea, because it's not the same situation as her home.

English isn't my native language, so excuse me for my misspells.
PokemonLotty
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Swag.

« Reply #48 on: Jan 10, 2012 03:39 pm »

^It's already been confirmed that Zuko and Aang founded Republic City in the L:oK it says so...
Am I allowed to say that here? Ahaha

Follow me on tumblr! Smiley
http://sub-maureen.tumblr.com/
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #49 on: Jan 10, 2012 03:55 pm »

I think so. I'm pretty sure it was said at Comic-Con and in interviews and such.

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: