Oct 24, 2017 05:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you name your child after an Avatar character?  (Read 16877 times)
azure_flame
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #225 on: Jul 06, 2016 05:49 am »

I dunno. Asami is a really nice name...I guess I would if I like what the name meant.
I have a friend named Asami! She's Japanese! and she edited her face over TLOK's Asami and said she got together with Mako =))

http://i46.tinypic.com/20fx542.jpg

I died laughing xD

Man, hindsight got to be interesting now.

Please remove the img tag when quoting images next time. ~ Icy
« Last Edit: Jul 18, 2016 04:39 am by Icy_Ashford » Logged

please support The Search - An Avatar: The Last Airbender Film http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-search-an-avatar-the-last-airbender-film
Bre1003
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #226 on: Jul 17, 2016 09:52 am »

Yue sounds really pretty.

I like Death Note, Fruits Basket, Shugo Chara, and A:TLA!

Updated my profile in 2016 here, it's sad to see that my picture and signature went away. Also sad to see the size of the community; was it always this small? Ah, nostalgia....
Fig
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #227 on: Apr 07, 2017 10:54 am »

As a parent I will say I didn't name my child after an Avatar character, but there are some really nice names to consider.

Yue, Suki, Korra, Katara, Kya, Suyin, Asmai and Jinora are all beautiful names that wouldn't be thought of as bad. Depending on where you are from or travel it is possible to meet several people with these days.

As for the boys, Tenzin and Rohan are popular names in India and Tibet. I also like the names Jet and Bumi, but probably for middle names. Smiley

Most of the names used in both shows are names used in different parts of the world. So I guess it really depends on where you live and your culture. But I do agree that you should try to pick a name where you child isn't ridiculed or teased.

"...you will find that if you look for the light, you can often find it. But if you look for the dark, that is all you will ever see." - Uncle Iroh
hmweasley
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #228 on: Jul 20, 2017 08:27 pm »

When I was younger, I thought I might name a daughter Katara. Now, though, I'm not so sure. I don't know how the kid would feel about it.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #229 on: Jul 21, 2017 07:00 pm »

As long as you give her an actual katara I think it would be fine.

skybison
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The Song Remains

« Reply #230 on: Jul 24, 2017 02:24 am »

At the grocery store the other day my cashier was named Anakin.  He was born right before The Phantom Menace came out and his parents were huge star wars fans and completely hyped for the movie so they named him after Darth Vader. 

I imagine they came to regret their choice.

\\\\\\\"The earth is my country, all mankind are my breathren, and to do good is my religion\\\\\\\" - Thomas Paine
sig by tophness
hmweasley
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #231 on: Jul 24, 2017 04:11 am »

As long as you give her an actual katara I think it would be fine.

This may have successfully made me want to use the name again.

I do question the decision to name a kid after Darth Vader though, with or without the prequels. Then again, 'Kylo' was apparently a really popular baby name last year...
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #232 on: Jul 24, 2017 05:53 pm »

I imagine they came to regret their choice.

We can only hope.

Tamerlan Pahlavi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Selam, Sahib

« Reply #233 on: Jul 26, 2017 02:44 pm »

Then again Kylo sounds just like some variant of Kyle which is a pretty common and normal name so I don't see much wrong with it. Similar to how Daenearys and Eddard became popular through Game of Thrones. They are just old forms of Dennis and Edward so it's no big deal but still kinda cool. Personally, I can imagine calling my son Zuko even though I probably wont do it since it's actually not an uncommon name in Bosnia where I'm from, it's short for Zulfikar.

All my written material is free of any and all copyright, it can be used freely for everyone's inspiration
Spitfire
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

"I don't like sand."

« Reply #234 on: Jul 27, 2017 05:16 pm »

I like Azula a ton, and I have blue eyes, so if I had a girl with blue eyes, I might name her Azula. Also, I really like the name Asami, but I probably wouldn't name any of my kids after her as I don't like Asami as a character and it would seem weird for an American to give their kid a Japanese name.
Pages: « previous page   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: