Oct 24, 2017 05:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you name your child after an Avatar character?  (Read 16879 times)
Sis
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #150 on: Apr 02, 2012 03:49 am »

Considering kids these names have retarded names, I can safely say that yes, I would probably name my kid Suki or Mako (Mako, not just because of the Korra character, but because of the IRL Mako as well. And, because of the Mako in Final Fantasy)

YellowButterfly
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #151 on: Apr 03, 2012 02:29 am »

I probably wouldn't. Pets are as far as I'd go. I convinced my sister to name her cat Momo, an I had a fish named Zuko. But I think naming kids after tv show characters is kinda weird unless it's something that isn't too obvious.
Fleur du Feu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avi by EndlessFlame55 resized by puddlesandmistake

« Reply #152 on: Apr 06, 2012 01:20 am »

On that topic, I once named some goldfish Beren and Luthien (from the silmarillion) but then they died and it was sad. So I don't recommend naming something shortlived after characters you like.

Keeps "Ikkirupter",  Mako's moxie, Jinora and Ikki's on-board shipping & Korra's doorbusting definition of 'cautious'. Proud Maiko, Kataang, and Sukka shiper. Sig is by PonDeReplay
Boris
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #153 on: Apr 06, 2012 12:03 pm »

Well, I know a girl named Toph. Although I doubt she's named after Toph from Avatar considering she was born long before the show existed. I think some names, you could get away with. Like Katara for example, because it's a pretty name. But naming your son Aang is a no go.

My cousin does have several pets named after Avatar characters though. He has a mouse named Zuko, a cat called Iroh, and he did have a bunny named Appa, but it unfortunately passed away. I also wanted to name our dog Azula, but my mother wouldn't. She named it Queenie instead, which is a terrible name.

Keeper of the cabbage merchants hat and Appa's Roar.
Facebook (message me and tell me you're from here.)
Toph13139
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Four for you, Glen Coco! You go, Glen Coco!

« Reply #154 on: Apr 06, 2012 12:45 pm »

Well, I know a girl named Toph. Although I doubt she's named after Toph from Avatar considering she was born long before the show existed. I think some names, you could get away with. Like Katara for example, because it's a pretty name. But naming your son Aang is a no go.

Oh, you'll see how my son will be respected ONLY because of the fact that he's named Aang. I really think that, of all the names, Aang is the prettiest/most normal one. Azula is also pretty but in my language, it's like the weird, inexistent feminine tense of the word "azul", that means blue.

Boris
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #155 on: Apr 06, 2012 03:41 pm »

Oh, you'll see how my son will be respected ONLY because of the fact that he's named Aang. I really think that, of all the names, Aang is the prettiest/most normal one. Azula is also pretty but in my language, it's like the weird, inexistent feminine tense of the word "azul", that means blue.
What language would that be?

drhorrible61
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I am the first Jinora fan.

« Reply #156 on: Apr 06, 2012 03:42 pm »

^Spanish.

azure_flame
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #157 on: Apr 06, 2012 03:45 pm »

as i said befor

Azula name mean's blue sky
Azura – French meaning is blue sky
Aozora - japanese meaning is blue sky

please support The Search - An Avatar: The Last Airbender Film http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-search-an-avatar-the-last-airbender-film
Boris
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #158 on: Apr 06, 2012 06:35 pm »

^Spanish.
Are you sure? Because it's also the same in Portuguese.

tophness
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

^ She's a cutie.

« Reply #159 on: Apr 06, 2012 06:37 pm »

^Spanish.

Well, considering Toph#'s lives in Venezuela, and in fact speaks Spanish, yes. And also Spanish and Portuguese are very similar, yes? So really, it's not a surprise that those would be the same in the two languages.

Keeps: Sokka's "Yes! Yes it can!"; Young!Mai's hair ribbons; Aang's big ears, the hidden Kataang kiss from 202
Korrasami bromance; Older!Aang's beard; Jinora's "Stay away from my dad's ex-girlfriend!"
LittleBigPerson
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

One does not simply deny Sackboy's adorable smile

« Reply #160 on: Apr 06, 2012 09:23 pm »

Would I name my kid after an Avatar character?

Sure.  Jake Sully sounds like a great name.

No, but seriously, I most likely won't name my kids after characters from our beloved Avatar show.

Although...if my kid ends up selling cabbages, or has to pee in a public bush one day, I can think of a few good Avatar inspired nick names. Grin

As for naming my Pets and Pokémon after characters from Avatar?  Hell yes. Grin

Keeper of Tenzin's glorious beard, Korra's "Woo Hoo!", and Aang's "Everything is Connected."  Toph13139 and I are twins, even our hugs are fueled by twin power. Grin
momo_toph26
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Meelo and his potato head

« Reply #161 on: Apr 07, 2012 12:06 am »

^For a second I read that as "my pet Pokemon" I was thrown for a loop to say the least.

Sig by arasam22
Boris
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #162 on: Apr 07, 2012 05:09 pm »

^Spanish.

Well, considering Toph#'s lives in Venezuela, and in fact speaks Spanish, yes. And also Spanish and Portuguese are very similar, yes? So really, it's not a surprise that those would be the same in the two languages.
Ah, fair enough then.

Unclebarney
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

And no more potty breaks!

« Reply #163 on: Apr 08, 2012 11:31 am »

No, I would not name my baby after a Atla character. But I am thinking of a tattoo with the four elements combined in a vortex + LIGHTNINGPOWAH!

Sokka is Freud!
iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #164 on: Apr 08, 2012 04:09 pm »

Actually, I think the name Aang would be the cutest for a little kid.

So... I always said I liked the name Topher (Well, its a shortened version of Christopher, but whatever...) and I notice that has 'Toph' in the name! So If i ever name my kid Topher and s/he becomes obsessed with Avatar like me, they can shorten it to Toph if they like. Tongue

Sigs are for the weak
Toph13139
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Four for you, Glen Coco! You go, Glen Coco!

« Reply #165 on: Apr 08, 2012 04:14 pm »

IKNORITE? Aang is perfect for a little, cutsey, pwetty little baby! And when they grow up, they can always change their names.

I do have my own bias against the name Christopher, though... And it's a bias I created by myself... Stupidly. And that's why the fact that 'Toph' is in "ChrisTOPHer" makes me... Extremely sad.

iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #166 on: Apr 08, 2012 04:18 pm »

^Yeah, Aang would be adorable!

And I actually don't like the name Christopher (I hate Chris even more...) but I like Topher. (Pronounced Toe-Fur, if anyone wants to know...)

Sigs are for the weak
Ironlion
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #167 on: Apr 09, 2012 10:41 am »

I wouldn't mind having a daughter named Mei, even Korra. Korra is a beautiful name.
I also think Toph would be cool, but it would be like the weirdest name in my country. She'd be a target of bullying :/

Also Mako sounds really cool. I wish I was named Mako
Fire Lord Iroh
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #168 on: Apr 09, 2012 10:51 am »

And the name of your child sir?

Azula!

Hehe, nah, I probably won't be naming any of my kids after the characters in either Avatar The Legend of Aang or The Legend of Korra. But as Ironlion said, Mai is a great name and more common than most of the other names in the series, it's actually one of my mothers favourite names Grin

Fire Lord Iroh
Nyokou
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The Perfect Atrocity

Nyokou@live.com Nyok0u Nyokou
« Reply #169 on: Apr 11, 2012 04:53 pm »

For children, probably not...

But we just had baby kittens about 3 weeks ago and haven't figure out what to name them yet. Well, only one of them so far... after my Sailor Moon fandom hehe. She's a black kitty so her name is Luna. I think I'll discuss with my bf naming another one after an ATLA/TLoK character. And... yeah. Perfect timing!

Girls' Generation - "Paparazzi" Dance Edit GOLD | 효연

Keeper of Lin & Tenzin's Friendship | Lin Regaining Her Bending [112]
Noatak's Single Tear [112]
KineticRaiden
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

J/K I'M ALWAYS ATTRACTIVE.

« Reply #170 on: Apr 11, 2012 04:56 pm »

I dunno. Asami is a really nice name...I guess I would if I like what the name meant.

azure_flame
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #171 on: Apr 12, 2012 12:51 am »

I dunno. Asami is a really nice name...I guess I would if I like what the name meant.

The Japanese girls' name Asami may be written with the characters for "flax; linen" (asa) and "beauty; beautiful" (mi). Other possibilities include "Asia" (a), "sand" (sa) and "beauty" (mi).

please support The Search - An Avatar: The Last Airbender Film http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-search-an-avatar-the-last-airbender-film
KineticRaiden
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

J/K I'M ALWAYS ATTRACTIVE.

« Reply #172 on: Apr 12, 2012 12:53 am »

Well, in that case I would name my child Asami. Not because of the character, of course. *lies*

Keyblade Master Roxas
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Shake the Core.

« Reply #173 on: Apr 12, 2012 08:04 pm »

I would totally name my daughter Toph because Toph sounds like Tough and its cool. XD

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Fire Nation

« Reply #174 on: Apr 15, 2012 11:58 pm »

hmmm...I wish that I would but so many people would judge me because the names aren't normal. That's why I'm really happy when I read a book or something and the name is kind of normal so I can name my child that and I wouldn't get the you are way to obsessed look from my family.
If I could do any name though I would actually use Azula. I just love the name and even though towards the end she lost it and went completely insane, the name is very regal and portrays power. Just my thoughts.
« Last Edit: Apr 16, 2012 12:38 am by avatarfreak1996 » Logged

The people of the Fire Nation have desire and will, and the energy to drive and achieve what they want.

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: