Sep 20, 2017 04:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Destron23's Avatar Art (Update 09/11/2014)  (Read 9789 times)
Destron23
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« on: Dec 08, 2011 08:56 pm »

Just became a member today and I thought that I'd share some of my Avatar art here, though I'm just copy/ pasting from my deviantart http://destron23.deviantart.com/gallery/ .

This was a picture I drew of Zuko back in July of 2010, I've improved a whole lot since then.

Here's a recent picture I did of Mako and Bolin (it also happens to be my most popular picture), hope you guys will enjoy. Smiley

See below reply for artist comments on this piece.
« Last Edit: Nov 09, 2014 12:23 pm by Destron23 » Logged

Mr Grieves
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1 on: Dec 08, 2011 09:17 pm »

Oh heeeyyy I've seen that Mako and Bolin picture circulated heaps! Really good job on that.
Destron23
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Dec 08, 2011 09:40 pm »

Oh heeeyyy I've seen that Mako and Bolin picture circulated heaps! Really good job on that.

Haha, thanks! Cheesy Did you see it on DA or elsewhere?

Mr Grieves
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #3 on: Dec 08, 2011 09:41 pm »

In the TLOK shipping thread here I'm pretty sure...
Destron23
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #4 on: Dec 08, 2011 09:47 pm »

In the TLOK shipping thread here I'm pretty sure...
Oh wow! I'll have to go take a look.

Ubern00b
On Probation
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Moar Avatar makes me happy in my smile parts!

« Reply #5 on: Dec 09, 2011 02:32 am »

Loving the soft light work for the Korra characters.

Destron23
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6 on: Dec 09, 2011 06:49 am »

Loving the soft light work for the Korra characters.

Thank you. Smiley

Destron23
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: Apr 30, 2012 10:03 pm »

Update!

I did this just as a quick piece. Unfortunately it can't even compare with my "Brothers" pic. Sometimes art can be hit or miss for me. I need to definitely work more on female anatomy, everything here looks so disproportionate. Anyways, I guess this might be a possible reaction of Korra if that party had turned out a wee bit better. I was really captivated by her party outfit design and wanted to draw it. To me though, this won't be my main Korra subject piece. I plan to do a much better one of her waterbending that will hopefully rival my "Brothers" pic.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012 08:37 am by Destron23 » Logged

King Kazma
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

~~KSRF~~

« Reply #8 on: Apr 30, 2012 10:16 pm »

Very nice work!

The proportions aren't too bad, but I do see where you're coming from, I think her head is just a tad too big. As for the coloring, its perfection, I love that "soft" feeling it has. Smiley

Can't wait to see the waterbending piece!
Destron23
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #9 on: Apr 30, 2012 10:42 pm »

Very nice work!

The proportions aren't too bad, but I do see where you're coming from, I think her head is just a tad too big. As for the coloring, its perfection, I love that "soft" feeling it has. Smiley

Can't wait to see the waterbending piece!

Thank you very much! Cheesy You do indeed have a point actually. I'll have to make sure not to make her head too large next time I draw her (along with other traits being more refined). Smiley I'm glad I could at least pull off a god job on the colouring. Smiley I tried my best to match the show's colouring style.

Mr Grieves
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2012 04:19 am »

I'm with the King on this one - the style and colouring is really top notch.

The head's not too bad really...but you've got a lot going for you so you should really look to perfect your proportions. Similarly, her left arm could be shaded better to show it going behind her body - at the moment it looks to me like its going into her torso and she's wearing one of those tops with the pocket down the front. Or maybe its just me.
September
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

aang is best pony

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2012 07:39 am »

Great work there!

I must admit tho, I can see why Mako and Bolin's pic is the most popular one.

Signature by me.
Destron23
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2012 08:41 am »

The head's not too bad really...but you've got a lot going for you so you should really look to perfect your proportions. Similarly, her left arm could be shaded better to show it going behind her body - at the moment it looks to me like its going into her torso and she's wearing one of those tops with the pocket down the front. Or maybe its just me.

Oh, thank you very much! Cheesy Thanks for the constructive criticism too, I really appreciate it. Smiley When you say left arm, do you mean her left or the viewer's left?

Great work there!

I must admit tho, I can see why Mako and Bolin's pic is the most popular one.

Thanks! Cheesy Yeah, I actually want to change that. On my deviantart it has the highest favourites, views and pretty much highest everything when it comes to stats. I want to make a piece, not necessarily LOK related, that can become my most popular piece.

Mr Grieves
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2012 08:46 am »

Oh, thank you very much! Cheesy Thanks for the constructive criticism too, I really appreciate it. Smiley When you say left arm, do you mean her left or the viewer's left?

Her left.

And I like your ambition.
Bally_Corgi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2012 02:06 pm »

I really love them all. The brothers picture is the best. yesh.
I would love to know your coloring method!!! The colors looks so awesome and professional. Tips???
Destron23
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #15 on: Jun 23, 2012 08:45 am »

Here's a pic I made in order to celebrate the season finale. I hope you guys like it. Smiley So Happy Season Finale! You can see the full version here: http://destron23.deviantart.com/art/The-Airbending-Master-310156663 Normally I "Pen Tool" my Korra pieces for the lines, but this time I hand drew it. Do you guys prefer one over the other? I actually beleive this pic is the best that I've made in digital media. Smiley

Anyways, I'm super excited for the finale! Cheesy I just wonder if Tenzin or Lin will be involved in it or not? We haven't seen them in any of the previews.

NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #16 on: Jun 23, 2012 10:59 am »

That's a wonderful pic. Smiley

Destron23
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #17 on: Jun 23, 2012 09:19 pm »

That's a wonderful pic. Smiley

Thanks so much NeeNee! I'm glad you like it! Cheesy Do you think I captured the show's style at all?

NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #18 on: Jun 23, 2012 11:22 pm »

^ Yes, I think it looks really realistic.

I actually thought it was a screenshot for a moment first.

Maivry
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #19 on: Jun 27, 2012 05:18 pm »

I love Tenzin, and it looks just like him. Grin I can totally see that this is your best yet.

Also, I really like the lines. They're crisp and dynamic this way.

ArtFicsGraphics
Zombie_Chinchilla
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

See ya later...crocodile.

« Reply #20 on: Jun 27, 2012 05:22 pm »

Nice work! I love how sweet and simplistic everything is. Your style is lovely, and I'd love to see more.

The character in my icon is from the webcomic Paranatural.

A vacation, just the two of us.
Destron23
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #21 on: Jun 29, 2012 02:39 pm »

Nice work! I love how sweet and simplistic everything is. Your style is lovely, and I'd love to see more.

Why thank you very much! Cheesy Some day, I really need to get to making a picture of Korra waterbending. I definitely need to make an Amon pic too and possibly one of a young Noatak.

I love Tenzin, and it looks just like him. Grin I can totally see that this is your best yet.

Also, I really like the lines. They're crisp and dynamic this way.

Yeah, Tenzin's probably in my top 3 characters list. Thanks, I tried my best. Smiley It really is my best. I poured my heart and soul into it and it actually is currently my most popular piece on Deviantart! Cheesy I guess I need to put WAY more time into my future pics if I can make something like this. I'm glad you like the lines too. My sketch was really what made this pic become what it is though. I actually always have trouble posing characters and using perspective + foreshortening. For some reason when making this I was able to make a great sketch within a couple minutes and without difficulty. It was ironically easy. Maybe it was easier since LOK has such good character models though. Cheesy Thank goodness for those SDCC character turnabouts.

Jinhen
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Within and without.

« Reply #22 on: Jul 06, 2012 09:23 pm »

Out of all the work here, the Tenzin one is definitely the strongest.

I like your Brothers piece, mainly because you did a nice job with the expressions and poses.  But that picture of Tenzin is just channeling so much energy with the air bursting out of his hand and out at the viewer; it's simply fantastic.  I can see some slight issues with perspective, but they're so minimal that they don't matter all that much.  It's an awesome piece of artwork.  You should be very proud!
KorraLover
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

BolinxKorra - Borra

« Reply #23 on: Jul 07, 2012 05:40 pm »

Wow, they're really well drawn! I like all of them Smiley

S.S Borra will NEVER sink!
Too many good moments of Avatar: TLA and LoK to put here to remind myself of how awesome both series are and their momen
johnmacklin26
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #24 on: Jul 10, 2012 11:40 am »

I think this might be a possible result of Korra if that celebration had converted out a wee bit better. I was really fascinated by her celebration clothing style and desired to sketch it. To me though, this won't be my primary Korra topic item.

Tattoo Guns and other Tattoo Supplies from leading Xtreme Tattoo.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: