Nov 18, 2019 05:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting Things Noticed In Korra *Spoilers*  (Read 50883 times)
Ms.WW
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #125 on: Jan 04, 2012 12:01 am »

^Nothing says they arn't.  Besides, this would be for medicinal purposes.

Edit: Ninja'd

My keeps: Korra & Tenzin's relationship, Tenzin's air wheel, Tenzin's locket of Guru Laghima, Tenzin's lecture on Monk Tang Xu's historic fast
iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #126 on: Jan 04, 2012 12:04 am »

^I just couldn't imagine them having alcohol, not saying they don't use it. I would think they would use herbs and things for medicine.

Sigs are for the weak
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #127 on: Jan 04, 2012 01:06 am »

Or maybe cactus juice....

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #128 on: Jan 04, 2012 01:27 am »

^They would never allow such hallucinogents! Even though, thats probably what the guru was on... Actually, I wouldnt be surprised if the monks used that. But i doubt there are any cactus around.

Sigs are for the weak
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #129 on: Jan 04, 2012 01:51 am »

I meant they used it to clean fresh tattoos.  They had flying bison and were nomads...

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #130 on: Jan 04, 2012 02:15 am »

^haha, i knew what you meant, I was just kidding.

Sigs are for the weak
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #131 on: Jan 04, 2012 06:57 pm »

I didn't mean they would drink the alcohol. It's a good disinfectant, too, you know. Tongue

aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #132 on: Jan 04, 2012 07:02 pm »

I understood you Loopy. They definitely would have some disinfectant and alcohol would probably be the easiest for them to come by.

Noirsam
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #133 on: Jan 04, 2012 07:07 pm »

I didn't mean they would drink the alcohol. It's a good disinfectant, too, you know. Tongue

But Waterbennders can heal wounds by redirecting energy paths (or chi) throughout the body using water as a catalyst.

In other words she dont need alcohol to disinfectant wounds.

That is if she learnd how to heal wounds with Waterbending.

Edit. I saw first now that you were talking about using alcohol to tattoos. And not damage to the body.  Tongue
« Last Edit: Jan 04, 2012 07:11 pm by Noirsam » Logged

Sig made by Dorky.
iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #134 on: Jan 04, 2012 10:22 pm »

^I know you meant for disinfecting and not drinking the pain away XD

Sigs are for the weak
proudinfidel
On Probation
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee Cleavage Rules!!

« Reply #135 on: Jan 08, 2012 01:17 am »

Well Avatar seems to be a mix of religions...and I know the Catholic clergy of old got smashed on a regular basis.  In fact I know some who still do... Don't know about the Buddhist monks..But hey I don't see why not! God gave us alcohol..therefore let us DRINK!!  (Responsibly of course Smiley
Landshark
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #136 on: Jan 10, 2012 05:09 am »

^They would never allow such hallucinogents!

They did in the first series. Why not this one?
lilykt7
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #137 on: Jan 15, 2012 09:48 am »

one of the metal cops has GOLD yes. im excited, he's probably gonna have more of a part in the story other then the generic bumbling cop.

i dont think alcohol would be a big deal if they showed adults using it. drugs on the other hand....

Double post merged. ~ Icy
« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2012 09:56 am by Icy_Ashford » Logged
Sianna
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #138 on: Jan 15, 2012 04:16 pm »

Rewatching the metalbender clip again... not too interesting, but it looks like the one who says "Arrest them!" has a lighter helmet than the other three. He has black shoulder pads too, which probably signify a higher rank or something.

aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #139 on: Jan 15, 2012 06:02 pm »

^Maybe he is the Lieutenant character. Lieutenant of the Metalbenders like how Toph's daughter is the chief.

Ms.WW
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #140 on: Jan 15, 2012 06:05 pm »

one of the metal cops has GOLD yes. im excited, he's probably gonna have more of a part in the story other then the generic bumbling cop.

Clearly, a sign that he has fire nation lineage.  I wonder, even, if he has royal lineage.  That'd be cool.

My keeps: Korra & Tenzin's relationship, Tenzin's air wheel, Tenzin's locket of Guru Laghima, Tenzin's lecture on Monk Tang Xu's historic fast
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #141 on: Jan 15, 2012 06:07 pm »

What if he is Zuko's grandson or something. Or a dirty cop who is related to Azula...

iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #142 on: Jan 15, 2012 06:17 pm »

^Well, i guess it could technically be both; Zuko can't have a grandson thats not related to Azula... Unless you don't mean genetically related XD

Sigs are for the weak
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #143 on: Jan 15, 2012 06:23 pm »

Oh, haha I see.  I meant a grandson of Zuko or son or grandson of Azula.

worldends08
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm an Avatard. Big whoop. Want to fight about it?

« Reply #144 on: Jan 15, 2012 06:27 pm »

^Most likely it'll be Zuko and Mai's [great] grandson. (I doubt even "The Promise" would be enough to support Azula's chance for redemption.)
« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2012 06:31 pm by worldends08 » Logged

Keeper of nothing but my own imagination & and this->
Sianna
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #145 on: Jan 17, 2012 12:10 pm »

...I JUST realized something. You know how the four elements apparently correspond to the four seasons? Water-Winter, Earth-Spring, Fire-Summer, Air-Autumn? In Avatar, that's when each book took place. And now we know that Book 1 of Korra is called Air. Well...

Sorry if I'm really slow and everyone already knew this. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Jan 17, 2012 12:21 pm by Sianna » Logged

Stupendous
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

juice for grown-ups

« Reply #146 on: Jan 17, 2012 12:54 pm »

^Nice catch! I never noticed that before.

Keeper of Korra's armband, Asami's impeccable style, and the Air Kids' sibling shenanigans
TheMist
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #147 on: Jan 17, 2012 01:41 pm »

Nice catch! You win a cookie! Quick everyone talk about this for the net page to boost morale!

Join the Official Legend of Korra fanclub! They have prizes!

I'm also the keeper of the Fire Nation Palace's gratuitous flame decals.
Lavanya Six
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #148 on: Jan 17, 2012 02:04 pm »

Good catch, Sianna!
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #149 on: Jan 17, 2012 02:21 pm »

I noticed that too, but I didn't connect the actual season with first season being titled Air. It makes sense. It seems they're being consistent with having the season of the show to match the season that pairs with the element.

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: