May 29, 2017 05:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting Things Noticed In Korra *Spoilers*  (Read 36911 times)
Luna
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ah, the sound of dying.

« on: Dec 04, 2011 06:07 pm »

So, we've got a buttload new stuff from the leaks, and people are noticing things, so I thought I'd make a Spoiler version of the Interesting Things In Korra thread.

So...
In the clip we got, we saw the three OWL folks chilling in the background.
But in the pictures we got later on, in a flashback we see them again.
And during the first few seconds we saw of the episode, I'm willing to bet it was those three we saw in that blizzard.

Hopefuly this is allowed. :]

It's a classic sig that I can never let go of|I still keep my keeps :]|♥♥♥ Kuzai ♥ Urzai ♥♥♥|President of the Azulon Fan Club|
mike50333
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'Zula's still runnin' this, fools!

« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2011 06:10 pm »

Oh, that last note is such an homage to the Three Wise Men. :p

here's my far less important observation.

Just noticed something.  I think the Southern Water Tribe has a water tower.  No city can be called modernistic until they have a water tower.  :p

Korra is Best Avatar!  You gotta Deal With It!

Quote of the month:

Quote from: Sarcastic Master
I hate that Fred came on after Korra. I actually saw a stupid second of it... A second! I will never get that second back!

T:LOK Keeps: Equalist Battle Cruiser
Waterbending USApotterfan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Stand in the Rain

« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2011 06:40 pm »

The facial structure of the Fire Nation guy reminds me of Jeong Jeong. *shrug*
The hair loopies live on.
There's debate over whether the person on our right is a man or a woman.
The grandkids are adorable.

Avvie by cavesareforshipping, sig by me
Keeper of Music Night on the ship, fire squats, Zuko's "You're just a big blah" and "The scar's NOT on the wrong side"
NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2011 06:44 pm »

I'm glad we get a clearer look at Aang with the higher quality video. He definately has a beard.

The beard Aang's got going on really reminds me of Bryan Mike.

Stupendous
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

juice for grown-ups

« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2011 06:50 pm »

Someone else noticed this one: Jinora seems really shy around Gran Gran Katara. (And Meelo seems to resist her too.) The kids probably don't visit much.

Which makes sense since Tenzin & co. live way up north.

Keeper of Korra's armband, Asami's impeccable style, and the Air Kids' sibling shenanigans
worldends08
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm an Avatard. Big whoop. Want to fight about it?

« Reply #5 on: Dec 04, 2011 06:58 pm »

^Well, Jinora's described as a bookworm, so I guess she doesn't interact much - despite the fact she's the eldest. Meelo looked like he just wanted to get out of Gran-Gran Katara's bear-hug.

What stuck with me after watching the clip:

1. It sounds like Stephen Root was voicing the "skeptical" White Lotus member.
2. The guy with glasses COULD be Sokka. (It'd be funny/ironic/classy for him to end up with a "Wang Fire" beard.)
3. I thought the guy next to him (^above) was Korra's dad. It's a female O.W.L. (She's wearing a skirt while the other two members are wearing pants.)
4. It sounded like Katara was addressed as "Kataro."
« Last Edit: Dec 04, 2011 07:32 pm by worldends08 » Logged

Keeper of nothing but my own imagination & and this->
FluffyAppa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Unf

« Reply #6 on: Dec 04, 2011 07:35 pm »

Well, poo. The other thread got locked, lol.

Intersting things noticed in Korra hm....Well Katara still has on her necklace. The kids know the air scooter. Theres no Mako and Bolin, so I guess they will come in the nest episode.
« Last Edit: Dec 04, 2011 07:43 pm by FluffyAppa » Logged

http://kamisangel.deviantart.com
http://ask-avatarkorra.tumblr.com/
Follow my Ask Korra tumblr! Ask Korra questions!
worldends08
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: Dec 04, 2011 07:38 pm »

^Well, that sucks..Hmm, it was worth it.

RomioneRawr
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Smellerbee's twin and first ever Borra shipper~

« Reply #8 on: Dec 04, 2011 07:40 pm »

I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS.

I GET GROUNDED AND ALL THIS HAPPENS?

THEN VIACOM CRACKS DOWN?

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."
ME GUSTA KORRA NATION: http://sot.ag/MzkzMjE1/
TallBoy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

My Heart Burns For You

« Reply #9 on: Dec 04, 2011 07:44 pm »

what about the OWLS member on the right looks female? im unsure where this claim is coming from

3DS FC: 2836-0221-8587
PM me if you add me
Unbridled Joy of Flight
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #10 on: Dec 04, 2011 07:47 pm »

NO LINKS TO THE RECENT LEAK.  Look to my post in the other spoiler topic for details.  Seven day bans will be handed out if this warning is disregarded.
worldends08
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #11 on: Dec 04, 2011 07:47 pm »

^^It was from the clip. (It definitely looks like a woman at the end when you look at two of the members - who are clearly male - are wearing pants, while the member all the way on the right is wearing a big skirt. Also, note the design on that member's chest & compare it with the other members.)

High Elemental
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Searching for My True Steak

« Reply #12 on: Dec 04, 2011 07:53 pm »

Yeah one of them is definitely a chick, you can see her a bit better in that slideshow.

TallBoy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

My Heart Burns For You

« Reply #13 on: Dec 04, 2011 07:55 pm »

^^It was from the clip. (It definitely looks like a woman at the end when you look at two of the members - who are clearly male - are wearing pants, while the member all the way on the right is wearing a big skirt. Also, note the design on that member's chest & compare it with the other members.)
oh wow, you're right. i had to rewatch it but its clear she's wearing a dress. what had me unconvinced before was the facial structure. but i guess i was wrong

PM me if you add me
Lavanya Six
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #14 on: Dec 04, 2011 07:57 pm »

* Of the three Magi White Lotus officials who visit a young Korra, one of the dudes is wearing glasses. In the original series, Kuei was the only person to be shown wearing those.

* Korra's family house is pretty fancy. Lots of rock and wood. The SWT isn't impoverished anymore, and even the coastal city seems to be electrified. Architecture is different than the NWT, which was primarily ice-based.

* Ikki's eyes are grey like Aang's. Jinora's eyes seem to be brown or golden-brown.

* Jinora seems shy around her grandmother, which suggests they don't meet that often. Shy children tend not to behave so much that way around close family members.

+2
worldends08
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #15 on: Dec 04, 2011 07:58 pm »

Chief Bei Fong seems like a pompous bi- Well, I guess I'd be pissed off too with Korra's behavior; but with the way her officers acted, I wouldn't be surprised if she's gets complaints on a daily basis based on their behavior. (Police brutality may be RE-DEFINED in this series. No wonder there'll be Anti-benders.)

* Of the three Magi White Lotus officials who visit a young Korra, one of the dudes is wearing glasses. In the original series, Kuei was the only person to be shown wearing those.

Well, the Mechanist did, or was it just a monocle? Close enough.

oh wow, you're right. i had to rewatch it but its clear she's wearing a dress. what had me unconvinced before was the facial structure. but i guess i was wrong
Hey, I originally thought it was her father.
« Last Edit: Dec 04, 2011 08:19 pm by worldends08 » Logged

TallBoy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

My Heart Burns For You

« Reply #16 on: Dec 04, 2011 08:02 pm »

im pretty sure the student at Ba Sing Se University had glasses too

PM me if you add me
worldends08
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #17 on: Dec 04, 2011 08:35 pm »

It may not be Madam Wu's EXACT prediction; but I have a sinking feeling Katara will die shortly after Tenzin's 4th child is born.

NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #18 on: Dec 04, 2011 08:44 pm »

^ Aunt Wu was talking about aftergrandchildren. Tenzin's kids are only her grandchildren.

Why do people keep making this mistake every time..?

Alec
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

« Reply #19 on: Dec 04, 2011 08:46 pm »

... So unless there is a time-skip or Tenzin's and three great-grandchildren all pop out quickly, Katara is fine for the entire series! Cheesy

Sokka is totally going to die during the show, though.
NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #20 on: Dec 04, 2011 08:47 pm »

... So unless there is a time-skip or Tenzin's and three great-grandchildren all pop out quickly, Katara is fine for the entire series! Cheesy

Erm, Katara's got more children, you know. Wink

Perhaps the others were faster...

Alec
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

« Reply #21 on: Dec 04, 2011 08:49 pm »

Isn't Tenzin the youngest of Aang and Katara's kids? That means...

worldends08
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #22 on: Dec 04, 2011 09:08 pm »

^ Aunt Wu was talking about aftergrandchildren. Tenzin's kids are only her grandchildren.

And why don't you think outside the box? Tenzin's her YOUNGEST child; and only M&B know how old her other two children are, as well as her grandchildren through THEM. (It's like what everyone else has been saying: maybe Tenzin's siblings acted faster; b/c it seems like Tenzin may have waited a while before he got married & had kids. Still, it's a shame Aang never had a chance to see his Airbending grandchildren; my guess is Jinora, the eldest, is about 10 years old.)
« Last Edit: Dec 04, 2011 09:12 pm by worldends08 » Logged

Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #23 on: Dec 04, 2011 09:10 pm »

Anyone noticed that the music in the fighting sounded slightly similar to the one used in the dance party in The Headband?

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Alec
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

« Reply #24 on: Dec 04, 2011 09:13 pm »

And why don't you think outside the box? Tenzin's her YOUNGEST child; and only M&B know how old her other two children are, as well as her grandchildren through THEM. (It's like what everyone else has been saying: maybe Tenzin's siblings acted faster; b/c it seems like Tenzin may have waited a while before he got married & had kids. It's a shame Aang never had a chance to see his Airbending grandchildren.)

She did just point that out right here in this thread:

Erm, Katara's got more children, you know. Wink

Perhaps the others were faster...
So yeah.

Also, does anyone notice that the OWL seems to have developed a much wider influence and sense of control over the Avatar? I suppose it emphasizes how the Avatar belongs to everyone, instead of simply allowing an individual nation to inform the Avatar, but yeah.
Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: