Nov 20, 2017 12:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Korra Leaks: Opening, Clips of First Episode, Screenshots  (Read 403229 times)
High Elemental
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Searching for My True Steak

« on: Dec 03, 2011 05:07 pm »

The intro just got leaked today and its pretty darn legit, J.K. Simmons' voice is unmistakable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kecWETS1Zck&feature=watch_response

Now let us discuss it, shall we? Tongue

Mod edit 1: Thread title edited to add spoiler warning. ~SMBH

Mod edit 2: Spoiler warning removed since I moved the thread to the Korra Spoilers board. ~SMBH

Mod edit 3: Title changed again to include screenshots, and to emphasize that these are leaks. ~SMBH
« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2012 07:31 pm by SMBH » Logged

somethingmysterious
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Christmas present from tokotothe end. Thanks ;)

« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2011 05:10 pm »

All i have to say is EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE KORRA PLEASE COME TO MEEEEEE

BOOK 1: AIR!?!?!?!?
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA KORRAAAAAAAAAA PLEASE *foams*

Keepin: EIP Iroh's "Prince Zuko, you must try this cake", Aang's death in 220, Azula's widow's peak and Zuko's widow's peak

To do: Change avvi and sig...
Owl
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2011 05:11 pm »

*walks in awkwardly*

Hey, it's been awhile everyone! Just saw this on Tumblr and thought, I really need to get my butt back over to ASN!

*DIES*

*Revives to say* BOOK AIR. Totally saw that coming and I'm SOOO happy about it.<3<3<3

I am not obsessed with Avatar. I am in love with it.
owldee on tumblr
korra nation
High Elemental
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #3 on: Dec 03, 2011 05:12 pm »

Not to mention AVATAR: Legend of Korra.

That made me happy.

SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #4 on: Dec 03, 2011 05:12 pm »

The title card says "Avatar: Legend of Korra".

If this is real, then this is a good change. A very good change. An excellent change.

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
EndlessFlame55
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Riddle Me This, Riddle Me That~

« Reply #5 on: Dec 03, 2011 05:12 pm »

OOOOHHHH MY GOSH.

ASFASDFGSDGH. OH MY GOSH.

THE ANIMATION. Tenzin's the narrator. The past Avatar's doing their bending in the opening. Republic City! THE AVATAR CYCLE BEGAN ANEW! BOOK AIR! AFGSDGSDGSDH. MY LORD. ALL THE FEELINGS. I CAN'T. I CAN'T. I CAN'T. IT'S TOO BEAUTIFUL FOR ME TO PHYSICALLY CAN.

*~*ASN's Queen of Bromance*~* (Tumblr link in siggy. <3)

Keeper of: The 'Iroh Is Zuko's Father' theory, and the Irko reunion scene.
(I love these boys with my whole entire heart~)
Owl
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6 on: Dec 03, 2011 05:14 pm »

That made me happy.

OMG I wasn't even paying attention to that.o_o

DAY HAS BEEN COMPLETELY MADE.

*TEARBENDING*

I am not obsessed with Avatar. I am in love with it.
owldee on tumblr
korra nation
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #7 on: Dec 03, 2011 05:15 pm »

So... what's the source for this?

MoonlitShadow
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Head in the Clouds

« Reply #8 on: Dec 03, 2011 05:20 pm »

No friggin clue, I'M JUST SO EXCITED! I'm gonna go try and track it down now though.

Clicky? Smiley http://t.co/0HbsQhiK

Keeper of Hama's grudge against the Fire Nation
Sig and Avatar by the awesome Snid
Up to date news on Korra and "The Promise"[/u
Pants Are An Illusion
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

And so is death.

« Reply #9 on: Dec 03, 2011 05:21 pm »

Did anyone else get teary-eyed when Tenzin talked about how Aang told him stories about how they ended the war?  

THE WHOLE THING WAS TOO BEAUTIFUL FOR ME TO HANDLE!

Graphics by Pebs. :3
Keeper of Sozin and Roku's matching beards and the gap in Meng's teeth. <3
High Elemental
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #10 on: Dec 03, 2011 05:23 pm »

To confess, I'm not positive where it came from for sure. But it has to be a leak from someone related to Nick, because this isn't just some fanmade trailer or troll. That's clearly J.K. Simmons' voice, the animation is exactly the same as we have seen from the official trailer,  and there's even a few seconds of the beginning of the first episode. You can take my post down in the News thread if this isn't solid enough of a source but I think its definitely legit enough to talk about.
« Last Edit: Dec 03, 2011 05:27 pm by High Elemental » Logged

MoonlitShadow
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Head in the Clouds

« Reply #11 on: Dec 03, 2011 05:26 pm »

To confess, I'm not sure where it came from for sure. But it has to be a leak from someone related to Nick, because this isn't just some fanmade trailer or troll. That's clearly J.K. Simmons' voice, the animation is exactly the same as we have seen from the official trailer,  and there's even a few seconds of the beginning of the first episode. You can take my post down in the News thread if this isn't solid enough of a source but I think its definitely legit enough to talk about.

Oh, it's DEFINITELY legit, the question is, who is the user who uploaded it? You notice it's flipped, which is usually a tool used to avoid copyright infringement, so I think this person is slightly worried about getting caught. XP Most likely a leak from someone inside Nick.

AND IF IT'S SO SHINY AND READY WHY DON'T THEY AIR IT ALREADY.

SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #12 on: Dec 03, 2011 05:28 pm »

Hmm, everyone's all excited, understandably, so I guess I have to play the role of the skeptical party-pooper.

This show is about Korra, right? The opening is all about Aang. That seems a bit weird. Though since it's narrated by Tenzin (which I do absolutely love), I guess that makes sense a bit. Still, Aang already had a show about him, this one's about Korra.

The way the camera moved from Republic City to Aang's statue and then upward seemed a little... odd.

I'd love to see a full-sized shot of that still image of the gaang.

If they were going to name the show "Avatar: Legend of Korra" after all, why oh why did they mess with our heads and talk about "The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra" all this time?!?! Not that I'm complaining about the change, no no. Having it be "Avatar: Legend of Korra" means that all is right and good in the world, but why would they so evilly tease us with the other horrible title for so long?

Having the Avatars do the opening bending is pretty sweet, I do like that Smiley

I don't want to say that it's fake, but perhaps it's an early draft and not the finalized product?

High Elemental
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #13 on: Dec 03, 2011 05:29 pm »

Oh, it's DEFINITELY legit, the question is, who is the user who uploaded it? You notice it's flipped, which is usually a tool used to avoid copyright infringement, so I think this person is slightly worried about getting caught. XP Most likely a leak from someone inside Nick.

AND IF IT'S SO SHINY AND READY WHY DON'T THEY AIR IT ALREADY.
Not to mention that this person also has access to the first episode.

Come on buddy, if you're going to lose your job over this you might as well give us the whole thing. Cheesy

TallBoy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

My Heart Burns For You

« Reply #14 on: Dec 03, 2011 05:29 pm »

this is sooo amazing!!!

its fantastic

anyone else notice Aang has a beard, or is that Tenzin in the opening?

3DS FC: 2836-0221-8587
PM me if you add me
MoonlitShadow
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Head in the Clouds

« Reply #15 on: Dec 03, 2011 05:30 pm »

Hmm, everyone's all excited, understandably, so I guess I have to play the role of the skeptical party-pooper.

This show is about Korra, right? The opening is all about Aang. That seems a bit weird. Though since it's narrated by Tenzin (which I do absolutely love), I guess that makes sense a bit. Still, Aang already had a show about him, this one's about Korra.

The way the camera moved from Republic City to Aang's statue and then upward seemed a little... odd.

I'd love to see a full-sized shot of that still image of the gaang.

If they were going to name the show "Avatar: Legend of Korra" after all, why oh why did they mess with our heads and talk about "The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra" all this time?!?! Not that I'm complaining about the change, no no. Having it be "Avatar: Legend of Korra" means that all is right and good in the world, but why would they so evilly tease us with the other horrible title for so long?

Having the Avatars do the opening bending is pretty sweet, I do like that Smiley

Well, who outside of the core fandom remaining online even KNOW about this series? When it does finally air, they're going to want to connect it to the old series as much as possible, simply to clarify what the heck is going on. The general population knows NOTHING about Korra, but odds are if they've watched Nick they know something about Aang.

I agree, the camera angles were odd, but perhaps they're trying something new? XP

SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #16 on: Dec 03, 2011 05:33 pm »

You can take my post down in the News thread if this isn't solid enough of a source but I think its definitely legit enough to talk about.

Oh, I do also think it's legit to talk about. I'd known about this video for a few hours already and I was waiting to see if someone made a thread about it, because when I first saw it, my second reaction (first one was to freak out and foam, of course) was that the whole thing seems odd and that made me be skeptical about it.

It's definitely worth discussing. And I won't remove the post from the news thread, at least while there's a possibility that this is real.

drhorrible61
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I am the first Jinora fan.

« Reply #17 on: Dec 03, 2011 05:34 pm »

This is awesome!

I have a feeling this will be the opening for the first episode only, like how the original series had one unique to the first episode.

SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #18 on: Dec 03, 2011 05:36 pm »

I have a feeling this will be the opening for the first episode only, like how the original series had one unique to the first episode.

That may be the case, and if so I'd be quite happy with that.

Chaobunny
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Maker of Chaobunny's Guide to Zutarian Logic

« Reply #19 on: Dec 03, 2011 05:36 pm »

That made me happy.

THIS. JUST THIS. YES.

I'm super excited right now, this looks super legit and it's something at least. So much awesome! =D

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #20 on: Dec 03, 2011 05:37 pm »

THE SPAZZING HAS COMMENCED AND IT WILL NOT STOP.

AHHHHHHHHHH

4 YES

TallBoy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

My Heart Burns For You

« Reply #21 on: Dec 03, 2011 05:37 pm »

This is awesome!

thats what i was thinking

3DS FC: 2836-0221-8587
PM me if you add me
ina300
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #22 on: Dec 03, 2011 05:39 pm »

This is awesome!

That's what I thought too. The first intro in ATLA made no mention of Aang, and similarly this one didn't mention Korra.
Chaobunny
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Maker of Chaobunny's Guide to Zutarian Logic

« Reply #23 on: Dec 03, 2011 05:44 pm »

This is awesome!

That's what I thought too. The first intro in ATLA made no mention of Aang, and similarly this one didn't mention Korra.

That makes a lot of sense. So we still get to look forward to one with Korra!

*fangirl excitement*

EndlessFlame55
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Riddle Me This, Riddle Me That~

« Reply #24 on: Dec 03, 2011 05:45 pm »

I honestly think this is going to be the case, considering how similar both openings are in the things they mention, like people telling the stories of the olden days, no mention of the actual Avatar, and what not:

Water... Earth... Fire... Air...

My grandmother used to tell me stories about the old days, a time of peace when the Avatar kept balance between the Water Tribes, Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation, and Air Nomads. But that all changed when the Fire Nation attacked.

Only the Avatar mastered all four elements. Only he could stop the ruthless Firebenders. But when the world needed him most, he vanished.

A hundred years have passed and the Fire Nation is nearing victory in the war. Two years ago, my father and the men of my tribe journeyed to the Earth Kingdom to help fight against the Fire Nation, leaving me and my brother to look after our tribe.

Some people believe that the Avatar was never reborn into the Air Nomads and that the cycle is broken, but I haven't lost hope. I still believe that somehow the Avatar will return to save the world.

Korra:

Earth...Fire...Air...Water...

When I was a boy my father, Avatar Aang, told me the story of how he and his friends heroically ended the 100 year war. Avatar Aang, and Fire Lord Zuko transformed the Fire Nation colonies into the United Republic of nations. A society where benders and non-benders, from all over the world, could live and strive in peace and harmony. They named the capable of this great land Republic City.

Avatar Aang accomplished many remarkable things in his life, but sadly, his time in this world came to an end. And like the cycle of the seasons, the cycle of the Avatar began anew.

Probably, once the pilot airs and the story really kicks in, there will be a new opening with Tenzin talking about Korra, Mako and Bolin. Cheesy

*~*ASN's Queen of Bromance*~* (Tumblr link in siggy. <3)

Keeper of: The 'Iroh Is Zuko's Father' theory, and the Irko reunion scene.
(I love these boys with my whole entire heart~)
Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: