Aug 16, 2017 04:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Avatar Couples You Support - Part 13  (Read 868093 times)
luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7425 on: Apr 18, 2017 01:40 pm »

You know, I could buy Zuko as romantically inclined towards one or both genders, but asexual. He obviously prioritizes companionship over physical attraction.
I got that impression with Kuei. I just had a hard time believing he would be able to settle down and have a daughter.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #7426 on: Apr 18, 2017 06:55 pm »

You know, I could buy Zuko as romantically inclined towards one or both genders, but asexual. He obviously prioritizes companionship over physical attraction.

Also where is Izumi's mom? I'm starting to think when he learned he needed an heir - and how to make one - he was like I HAVE TO DO WHAT

Izumi was made in a lab. Or a surrogate. June

Or Azula dropped her off one day and Zuko decided not to ask any question.

I got that impression with Kuei. I just had a hard time believing he would be able to settle down and have a daughter.

Agreed, but with him I think it's because he comes across as having the maturity of a prepubescent. Maybe after he matures a little he'll stop thinking girls have cooties. Grin

Cybersun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7427 on: Apr 20, 2017 06:54 pm »

Izumi's mom is most likely mai, but i think it'd be cool if suki was the mother.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #7428 on: Apr 21, 2017 06:27 pm »

I guess you missed Gene confirming that Maiko will be endgame if there are ever any more AtLA comics?

Kyatto
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I need you to let me touch it.

« Reply #7429 on: Apr 23, 2017 02:39 am »

But Mai as Fire Lady (Fire Queen?) would clearly have her own harem. And a never ending supply of fruit tarts.  They also likely like to roleplay to help Zuko work out his issues. Like perhaps Mai dresses up and pretends to be Jet to help Zuko work out his guilt over playing a part in Jet getting captured by the Dai Li, brainwashed, and falling to his demise at the hands of Long Feng. It must've been crushing for him that Sokka found Suki at the Boiling Rock but Jet wasn't there. Though of course Mai helping him was a pleasant surprise. (But even though she helped him they were still technically broken up in the show then, too.)  ... Wait. These two have broken up at least twice now (comics included)?  Yeah they need therapy.  And Zuko has issues. But Mai is likely pretty tolerant of him being unsure of himself and needing self-exploration. Like "you do you just don't be stupid".  She's boss like that.

I can still see Zuko being petrified of being a parent despite knowing he'd need an heir. Given how he and his sister were raised, and how Azulon raised Iroh and Ozai and so on and so forth. He'd be terrified of messing it up from the point of conception.

Whole time Mai is pregnant "have I ruined them for life yet with that thing I just said near you where your belly was in range". "Have I ruined them for life yet with that political decision I just made."  During delivery: "Have I ruined them for life yet because I don't know how babies work."

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #7430 on: Apr 24, 2017 06:04 pm »

And then one day Aang returns to the palace, hands Izumi back to Zuko and says, "I'm really glad you're trying to do the best for her, but Air Nomads only take Airbender babies to be raised in our Temples. Pretty woke of you to think of it, though! And next time, don't just leave her on a doorstep."

And Mai is all, "I thought you people told me that field trips with Zuko are good for people! That's the last time I'm letting him take her out unsupervised."

AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #7431 on: May 01, 2017 11:29 pm »

Man, all this Maiko talk reminds me how Urzai is now a sunk ship  Sad. Let's honor its memory with Urzai times:

And this is now all sunk! Suuuuuunk  Cry!

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7432 on: May 01, 2017 11:32 pm »

According to the comics, it never even left the harbor.
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #7433 on: May 02, 2017 09:27 am »

According to the comics, it never even left the harbor.

Being sunk while still in the drydocks is the worst kind of being sunk.

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Antiyonder
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7434 on: May 03, 2017 02:58 am »

Man, all this Maiko talk reminds me how Urzai is now a sunk ship  Sad. Let's honor its memory with Urzai times:

"Snip to prevent browser problems"

And this is now all sunk! Suuuuuunk  Cry!

True.  It's funny really, because while Ozai was never really the best villain of the Avatar franchise or was just plain hateful, there was still the vibe that he wasn't on par with Snidely Whiplash.  But comics Ozai?  Snidely seems like a subtle villain compared to him.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #7435 on: May 03, 2017 07:09 pm »

Good thing everyone wrote those Arranged Marriage fics for Zutara instead. At least everyone knows where that ship stands.

I admit, I like the idea of Ursa and Ozai only knowing of each other prior to the wedding, with Ursa being shipped over from another island, maybe. There's more potential for drama in there, I think, as Ursa gets to know Ozai and maybe goes through several wrong impressions of him.

AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #7436 on: May 03, 2017 11:14 pm »

I like the Urzai arranged marriage scenario being dramatic from the other way around than usual: it is Ozai who is not too happy about it, and it is Ursa who is pushing for it.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #7437 on: May 04, 2017 05:48 pm »

I could definitely see that. Ozai might want to focus on combat accomplishments, or just not have an interest in anyone but himself, while Ursa either wants the social advantage or finds the guy hot and visionary.

And, of course, I loves me some dramatic irony.

Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7438 on: May 04, 2017 06:17 pm »

I never knew Urzai had a name! Or fanart!

And yeah, I prefer a version of events where Ursa wasn't forced into the marriage, but gradually recognises Ozai's faults over the years.

Antiyonder
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7439 on: May 04, 2017 07:59 pm »

I never knew Urzai had a name! Or fanart!

And yeah, I prefer a version of events where Ursa wasn't forced into the marriage, but gradually recognises Ozai's faults over the years.

This, plus if we're to take Zuko at face value in The Ember Island Player about his family actually being happy at one point, and he wasn't speaking with rose tinted goggles?  The arranged marriage scenario fits that view more than the version where Ursa was forced into a shotgun wedding and told that she could never see her parents again.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #7440 on: May 05, 2017 05:01 pm »

So, less of a shotgun, more of a AK-47 pointed in the general direction of everyone she cared about.

AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #7441 on: May 05, 2017 08:34 pm »

So, less of a shotgun, more of a AK-47 pointed in the general direction of everyone she cared about.

Or maybe her parents were totally cool about it, and the imaginary AK was leveled at Ozai. I can see him becoming the jerk he was in ATLA from being forced into a marriage and then having a power trip with Ursa the Social Climber.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Antiyonder
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7442 on: May 05, 2017 09:00 pm »

Incidentally, I wonder how well Iroh would get along with Ms. Potts (during the time she was a teapot) from Beauty and the Beast.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #7443 on: May 10, 2017 06:48 pm »

Indecently.

AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #7444 on: May 23, 2017 01:26 pm »

I've got some nice finds for shipy art while browsing through DA:

I like the kind of Maiko where Mai is smiling. She is a lot cuter that way IMO.

On the other hand, Sokkla is kinda growing on me. It is like a topsy-turvy Suzuki, with all its charm but the dynamics being messed up a little.

I've just also realized that I miss the days when I could find 10+ new ATLA shipping art each day on DA  Undecided.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #7445 on: May 23, 2017 06:19 pm »

I'm kind of sad that Sokkla has been designated as a "hot" ship. Most of the fanfiction is just all about sex. I just want to see Azula being completely flustered and out of her element, with Sokka being terrified but also desperately intrigued.

luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7446 on: May 24, 2017 07:37 pm »

For crackships I am more of an Azulaang fan. Also I am still a little upset that we don't have at least ONE drawing of Ursa and June out there. If I could draw I totally would have at least a few sketches of those two. The best looking women in the Avatarverse and nobody has put them together?
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #7447 on: May 25, 2017 01:28 pm »

Hey, I can remember something on the UrsaxJune front. Maybe it was a fanfic? Or maybe we just talked about it here?

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #7448 on: May 25, 2017 05:51 pm »

We pretty much would have had to talk about it at one point or another. Cheesy I don't know about any fanfic, though, as there's nothing coming up under the character filters on FF.net.

Old School
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7449 on: May 25, 2017 06:20 pm »

I'm kind of sad that Sokkla has been designated as a "hot" ship. Most of the fanfiction is just all about sex. I just want to see Azula being completely flustered and out of her element, with Sokka being terrified but also desperately intrigued.

Hang on.

Azula [...] completely flustered [...] with Sokka

While I admittedly never gave Sokkla much thought - aside from thinking "Sokkla" is a bad ship name for them and that Azuka is much better - if I were to picture them together I honestly can't imagine a scenario in which Sokka is doing the flustering. Could Azula fall for a guy like Sokka, with his sharp wit and good looks and uncanny ingenuity? Absolutely. But I feel as if Azula would always be two steps ahead of him.

Case in point, this scene:

Look at Azula's face. This is her "B*tch I wish you would" face. No amount of smooth talking or feet sweeping is going to dramatically alter the relationship dynamic that was established by the making of this face.

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: