Jul 21, 2017 10:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Avatar Couples You Support - Part 13  (Read 858163 times)
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #7400 on: Dec 11, 2016 05:11 pm »

What is Sokka doing in that third one? Cheesy He looks like he's wielding an imaginary sword.

AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #7401 on: Dec 11, 2016 05:45 pm »

What is Sokka doing in that third one? Cheesy He looks like he's wielding an imaginary sword.

He is taking cover behind Suki, obviously.

Also, have another personal favorite:

Ah, the Sukka family from Kyoshi-Fan. Good memories.

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #7402 on: Dec 12, 2016 05:41 pm »

So here's a discussion point:

Did Sokka and Suki ever get formally married?

I think, at least for these two, the answer can be "no" and yet the picture above could still happen with no angst or falling-out.

AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #7403 on: Dec 12, 2016 06:11 pm »

They definitely did. Sokka was high on the tradition kool-aid and Suki struck me as a character who liked formalities (might be a result of her KW membership).

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Cybersun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7404 on: Dec 13, 2016 03:52 pm »

They definitely did. Sokka was high on the tradition kool-aid and Suki struck me as a character who liked formalities (might be a result of her KW membership).
Sorry man but i'm Zuki all the way.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #7405 on: Dec 13, 2016 06:35 pm »

But they kind of walked back from that, by the end. Sokka was dating a fighting foreign girl, not a Water Tribe Princess, and Suki was parading around without her makeup teaching boys the secret Kyoshi fighting techniques.

They both started as orthodox teenagers and became total hippies as they matured.

Sorry man but i'm Zuki all the way.

It's cool, dude, we like crackshipping here. I'm a Maikka girl, myself.

AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #7406 on: Dec 14, 2016 08:40 am »

Sokka was dating a fighting foreign girl, not a Water Tribe Princess

For all we know, Suki can be a Water Tribe Princess. She has the blue eyes for it  Wink.

and Suki was parading around without her makeup teaching boys the secret Kyoshi fighting techniques.

Both were under exceptional circumstances. She was teaching the Avatar's self-appointed bodyguard after all, that should be something, and she was running an undercover op when she abandoned her traditional appearance.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #7407 on: Dec 16, 2016 07:51 pm »

Suki's bloodline isn't the issue. Sokka doesn't think she's a Princess. Tongue

And I find the fact that a Kyoshi Warrior is even acknowledging the possibility of an exception for Sokka goes to show that a formal marriage isn't necessary. When it comes to that boy, everything is an exception for Suki. Cheesy

AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #7408 on: Dec 17, 2016 07:13 am »

Sokka doesn't think she's a Princess.

I dunno but he made the same circles with her than with Yue: cocky flirting -> feeling inferior -> giving in. Either Sokka knows something we don't, or he doesn't make a difference between women of authority.

So yeah, even if Suki is not up to a formal marriage, Sokka might be very well still in for that ride.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #7409 on: Dec 17, 2016 03:02 pm »

Yeah, I think that's just Sokka's pattern. It proves that there was no romantic possibility in Tokka. Grin

Cybersun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7410 on: Dec 21, 2016 03:27 pm »

Sokka was dating a fighting foreign girl, not a Water Tribe Princess

For all we know, Suki can be a Water Tribe Princess. She has the blue eyes for it  Wink. Actually they changed her eyes to green.

and Suki was parading around without her makeup teaching boys the secret Kyoshi fighting techniques.

Both were under exceptional circumstances. She was teaching the Avatar's self-appointed bodyguard after all, that should be something, and she was running an undercover op when she abandoned her traditional appearance.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #7411 on: Mar 14, 2017 06:51 pm »

I am soliciting Maiko prompts for Maiko Week 2017.

Also, there will be a Maiko Week 2017 on tumblr (and presumably spreading outward from there).

Cybersun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7412 on: Mar 16, 2017 12:44 am »

Idk, a part of me thinks that suki is very slowly falling in love with zuko in a way she never did with sokka.
Nikkel
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

King of kings, monster of monsters.

« Reply #7413 on: Mar 17, 2017 04:24 pm »

Sure, I'll bite.

Keeper of Urzai, Ursa's Survival, and Azula's Lies + Psychotic Breakdown
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #7414 on: Mar 17, 2017 06:19 pm »

I'd love to know how that's actually coming across on Suki's part.

Besides, it's not even really Suki. We all know that it's her green-eyed evil twin, Tuki, and it will be revealed later that she's been masquerading all this time under Ozai's orders.

AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #7415 on: Mar 18, 2017 08:04 am »

She can't beat Avatar Kyoshi's "1008 boyfriends in one lifetime" challenge, but she is traditionally compelled to try.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Nikkel
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7416 on: Mar 19, 2017 09:52 am »

Besides, it's not even really Suki. We all know that it's her green-eyed evil twin, Tuki, and it will be revealed later that she's been masquerading all this time under Ozai's orders.

So does this make the couple Tuki-Zuki?

Old School
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7417 on: Mar 19, 2017 01:06 pm »

So does this make the couple Tuki-Zuki?

Tzuki. The T is silent.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #7418 on: Mar 20, 2017 07:10 pm »

Or Zuki-Tu.

We'll let them all the names fight and see which one is left alive at the end.

Nikkel
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7419 on: Mar 23, 2017 10:03 pm »

Sutzuki it is! Por que no los tres?

moerajab
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Fire Nation

« Reply #7420 on: Mar 29, 2017 08:08 am »

wow its been so long since ive been on this site. I thought id come check if it was still running this is amazing. well obviously from my picture you can guess im a Ty Luko fan! Yes thats Ty Lee and Prince Zuko

The Ty Feens! WILL KEEP I ALIVE FOREVER!
(OLD ASNer)
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #7421 on: Mar 30, 2017 05:48 pm »

I always had a soft-spot for that one.

Maybe it makes me a bad Maikoer, but I prefer the idea of Zuko crushing on Ty Lee before his banishment, and everyone but Mai was oblivious, and it was only after Zuko came back from his banishment that was all, "Wow, Ty Lee really filled out but now every time she talks I kind of what to light myself on fire."

And Mai would be, "That's called maturity." And inside she's doing a touchdown dance.

Kyatto
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I need you to let me touch it.

« Reply #7422 on: Apr 16, 2017 08:42 am »

I always had a soft-spot for that one.

Maybe it makes me a bad Maikoer, but I prefer the idea of Zuko crushing on Ty Lee before his banishment, and everyone but Mai was oblivious, and it was only after Zuko came back from his banishment that was all, "Wow, Ty Lee really filled out but now every time she talks I kind of what to light myself on fire."

And Mai would be, "That's called maturity." And inside she's doing a touchdown dance.

See people kept treating me like I've always been nuts for legit interpreting Zuko as ace/demisexual or bisexual leaning more towards homosexual.  Spends an awful amount of time with dudes, yet he's propositioned by Jin (who had quite lovely assets) and was clueless and had to be pushed along by Iroh and then he's immune to Ty Lee meanwhile every other dude practically explodes in her presence. And his interactions with Mai were always kinda awkward. Cute but awkward. But he was more comfortable around men and characters he viewed platonically (like Toph).

And the backstory of Zuko with the abuse from Ozai and taunting from Azula does mirror the struggles faced by LGBT youth.  There's many reasons why Zuko (and really both of the Fire Siblings) were the go-to for the Slash pairings.

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #7423 on: Apr 17, 2017 09:56 pm »

You know, I could buy Zuko as romantically inclined towards one or both genders, but asexual. He obviously prioritizes companionship over physical attraction.

Kyatto
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I need you to let me touch it.

« Reply #7424 on: Apr 18, 2017 07:02 am »

You know, I could buy Zuko as romantically inclined towards one or both genders, but asexual. He obviously prioritizes companionship over physical attraction.

Also where is Izumi's mom? I'm starting to think when he learned he needed an heir - and how to make one - he was like I HAVE TO DO WHAT

Izumi was made in a lab. Or a surrogate. June

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: