Sep 21, 2017 06:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Avatar Couples You Support - Part 13  (Read 880714 times)
shorewall
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yeah, baby!

« Reply #7375 on: Mar 19, 2016 07:43 pm »

I see it now, and Iiiiiiiiiiii like it!  Leave to Loopy to have an awesome understanding of Mai's character.

As a reward, here is some art!

source

These are soooo good.  Smiley

"The true mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can tough the poison of hatred without being harmed. Since beginning-less time, darkness thrives in the void but always yields to purifying light."
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #7376 on: Mar 20, 2016 03:15 pm »

I'm not immersed enough in Japanese culture to understand the implications in the first picture (Zuko is obviously a ronin, but otherwise I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be taking from the other characters besides good art), but I'm definitely on board with the Dangerous Ninja Ladies and the stereotypes picked to represent them.

shorewall
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yeah, baby!

« Reply #7377 on: Mar 20, 2016 08:06 pm »

I'm not immersed enough in Japanese culture to understand the implications in the first picture (Zuko is obviously a ronin, but otherwise I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be taking from the other characters besides good art), but I'm definitely on board with the Dangerous Ninja Ladies and the stereotypes picked to represent them.

Yeah, I don't know either, but it looks sweet! 

And yeah, the Dangerous Ladies look boss!

"The true mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can tough the poison of hatred without being harmed. Since beginning-less time, darkness thrives in the void but always yields to purifying light."
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #7378 on: Mar 21, 2016 05:52 pm »

Oh, well if no one knows, let's make junk up.

Aang is a Chinese monk who came to Japan to demonstrate the ways of Buddhism. He wanders around and does good deeds for people based on his teachings, relying on the kindness of others along with his fantastic Kung Fu. He travels with Katara, a junior priestess making a pilgrimage as part of her final trial. She's accompanied by her brother Sokka, who is acting as her chaperon, but really is using the job as an excuse to get out and see the world. Toph is the daughter of a martial arts master, one who runs a famous school, but because she's a girl, she is proving her ability to inherit the school by defeating one thousand martial artists in combat. She was at 999, but then Aang beat her, so she's traveling with him to gain strength and eventually challenge him again.

I figure Zuko used to be a ninja like his sister, but he got Honor and took up the way of the samurai, choosing to Walk the Warrior's Path to atone for his past. Iroh had previously become a samurai after the death of his son, but Lu Ten's death was seen as karma enough, so Iroh was accepted by a Lord and was allowed to serve as a proper samurai. Zuko needs to be a ronin until he is declared as purified by a priest (or monk or priestess). He has something of a reputation as The Scarred Swordsman, with stories of his ninja days mixing with tales of his new more benevolent life now.

Azula is following in the family business of being a ninja. She's the sabotage expert, Mai is the weapons expert, and Ty Lee is the espionage expert. Zuko has a death mark on his head for leaving the clan, and Azula has taken it upon herself and her team to enforce it.

As for shipping, I figure we go whole hog and do a Kataang/Zutara love triangle, but a friendly and comedic one where no one gets mad at each other. Zuko wises up when Mai saves him from Azula, so we get Maiko. Sokka and Ty Lee get together when she tries to seduce him as part of a plan to kill Zuko, but then Ty Lee finds out about Mai's true loyalties and kind of just ends up liking where she's at. Azula lives and isn't insane, and she's given to Toph at the end to learn proper honor at Toph's newly inherited school. And Kataang go on wandering together, meeting up on and off with their friends and having all kinds of adventures.

Disclaimer: the only "research" that went into any of this are fuzzy recollections of Usagi Yojimbo and Samurai Champloo stories.

shorewall
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yeah, baby!

« Reply #7379 on: Mar 21, 2016 07:26 pm »

Oh, well if no one knows, let's make junk up.

Aang is a Chinese monk who came to Japan to demonstrate the ways of Buddhism. He wanders around and does good deeds for people based on his teachings, relying on the kindness of others along with his fantastic Kung Fu. He travels with Katara, a junior priestess making a pilgrimage as part of her final trial. She's accompanied by her brother Sokka, who is acting as her chaperon, but really is using the job as an excuse to get out and see the world. Toph is the daughter of a martial arts master, one who runs a famous school, but because she's a girl, she is proving her ability to inherit the school by defeating one thousand martial artists in combat. She was at 999, but then Aang beat her, so she's traveling with him to gain strength and eventually challenge him again.

I figure Zuko used to be a ninja like his sister, but he got Honor and took up the way of the samurai, choosing to Walk the Warrior's Path to atone for his past. Iroh had previously become a samurai after the death of his son, but Lu Ten's death was seen as karma enough, so Iroh was accepted by a Lord and was allowed to serve as a proper samurai. Zuko needs to be a ronin until he is declared as purified by a priest (or monk or priestess). He has something of a reputation as The Scarred Swordsman, with stories of his ninja days mixing with tales of his new more benevolent life now.

Azula is following in the family business of being a ninja. She's the sabotage expert, Mai is the weapons expert, and Ty Lee is the espionage expert. Zuko has a death mark on his head for leaving the clan, and Azula has taken it upon herself and her team to enforce it.

As for shipping, I figure we go whole hog and do a Kataang/Zutara love triangle, but a friendly and comedic one where no one gets mad at each other. Zuko wises up when Mai saves him from Azula, so we get Maiko. Sokka and Ty Lee get together when she tries to seduce him as part of a plan to kill Zuko, but then Ty Lee finds out about Mai's true loyalties and kind of just ends up liking where she's at. Azula lives and isn't insane, and she's given to Toph at the end to learn proper honor at Toph's newly inherited school. And Kataang go on wandering together, meeting up on and off with their friends and having all kinds of adventures.

Disclaimer: the only "research" that went into any of this are fuzzy recollections of Usagi Yojimbo and Samurai Champloo stories.

Works for me!  Cheesy  I especially like the epilogue.  Smiley

Btw, Toph's sneer is my favorite part of the whole art.  Grin

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #7380 on: Mar 21, 2016 08:39 pm »

Yeah, Toph's expression was inspiring, hence my being able to give her more story than I usually manage in my AU's.

Cybersun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7381 on: May 30, 2016 06:39 pm »

I ship Zuki all the way!!!
shorewall
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yeah, baby!

« Reply #7382 on: May 30, 2016 06:51 pm »

I ship Zuki all the way!!!

Zuki!  Zuki!

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #7383 on: May 31, 2016 06:01 pm »

A Sokkla fan group on fanfiction.net is doing a new Sokkla challenge:

https://www.fanfiction.net/topic/165482/151328471/1/
Word Count per installment: 200 words max.
Ratings: K to M
Genres: All are allowed

- List #1 -
6/11/2016 - Fascination
6/18/2016 - Attraction
6/25/16 - Confidence
7/2/2016 - Scar
7/9/2016 - Muse
7/16/2016 - Question
7/23/2016 - Dream

At a limit of 200 words, everyone is going to be challenged, so I hope some new writers will give it a try.

shorewall
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yeah, baby!

« Reply #7384 on: Jun 01, 2016 02:13 pm »

That's sounds pretty interesting.  I really want to give that a try!  Smiley

Cybersun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7385 on: Jun 01, 2016 04:36 pm »

I'm not a big sokkla shipper but if that means that he breaks up with suki then i'll support the ship
Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7386 on: Jun 02, 2016 01:00 am »

˄  Cheesy Because you don't like Suki (or, Sokka with Suki) or because you'd rather see her with another character?

shorewall
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yeah, baby!

« Reply #7387 on: Jun 02, 2016 03:19 am »

I think they ship Zuki.  Smiley

Cybersun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7388 on: Jun 02, 2016 08:47 am »

˄  Cheesy Because you don't like Suki (or, Sokka with Suki) or because you'd rather see her with another character?
It's because i want Suki to get with Zuko.
doratchi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7389 on: Sep 13, 2016 03:05 pm »

I just rewatch the series and can't figure out whats between Katara and Aang.
On the final episodes she doens't look like she really cares from him, and then in the end they are kissing like everything normal. Any ideas/did I miss something?
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #7390 on: Sep 13, 2016 04:08 pm »

Ah yes, Kataang (the shipping name of the Katara + Aang relationship) does not really get much light in the finale. Its progression in Book 3 goes like this: the cave dance in The Headband (>>>>implying) -> character interactions in The Painted Lady -> the awkward kiss in The Day of the Black Sun Part 1 (aaaaawkwaaard) -> the balcony scene in The Ember Island Play (Katara is not ready yet because there is stuff (a war) to do) -> final scene (Katara is ready because the stuff that held her back before (the war) is done).

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
doratchi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7391 on: Sep 13, 2016 10:21 pm »

I don't know its like came from nowhere...but she had Jet even though the war was going on
Its strange for me that Aang wife a thot
There isn't an obvious answer for this changing?

Why do you find the kiss at the invasion awkward
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #7392 on: Sep 14, 2016 06:23 am »

"What changed in Katara during the final episodes? " merged with the "Avatar Couples You Support - Part 13" as we only allow one catch-all shipping thread for each series.

Admin's post, do not reply or it will be deleted.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #7393 on: Sep 14, 2016 09:05 pm »

I just pretend The Ember Island Players didn't actually happen. Kataang makes perfect sense without that episode.

doratchi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7394 on: Sep 15, 2016 03:14 am »

I just pretend The Ember Island Players didn't actually happen. Kataang makes perfect sense without that episode.
You mean Jet.
Maybe Katara was really thinking about the war and her mother at that time and couldn't give mind to Aang.
But Jet make it much worse
I mean Sokka and Zuko had ex too, but Jet and Katara really ruined it
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #7395 on: Sep 15, 2016 05:08 pm »

Eh, Jet was a crush, not a relationship. I bet she didn't even realize she was pursuing him.

Besides, even if she was consciously trying to seduce him, her priorities might have changed after she saw Aang die.

doratchi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7396 on: Sep 16, 2016 01:46 am »

Eh, Jet was a crush, not a relationship. I bet she didn't even realize she was pursuing him.

Besides, even if she was consciously trying to seduce him, her priorities might have changed after she saw Aang die.
You are 100% right, I thought about it and Jet wasn't a real thing like Sokka trying to make it. She even made her choice after all (left him for Aang and gave Aang his hat), not to mention that Jet kind of pushed hard on her, like Zuko's "girlfriend" in Ba Sing Se.

And yes, Aang getting shot and leaving her eventually exposed her feelings
Cybersun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7397 on: Dec 06, 2016 08:53 pm »

I just rewatch the series and can't figure out whats between Katara and Aang.
On the final episodes she doens't look like she really cares from him, and then in the end they are kissing like everything normal. Any ideas/did I miss something?
Tbh while i enjoy shipping couples in avatar i must admit that bryke are not very good at writing relationships (ex: makorra & ginora and that other guy)
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #7398 on: Dec 06, 2016 10:25 pm »

I think they're good at not writing relationships, though.

Maiko got together between episodes, and I think it's the most believable romance in the franchise! Cheesy

AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #7399 on: Dec 10, 2016 11:04 am »

Oh man, I haven't been in this thread since forever! I almost forgot how it feels to have SUKKA TIME!
First, something almost new:

Then, have some classics from my imaginary "personal favorites" folder:

This one was one of the fanarts that bought me for the ship back in the good old days.

I like this one because fanarts where the artists get Suki's eye color right (it is blue, not green) are kinda rare.

I really like how the artist bulked up the KW armor in this one. Makes it less awkward-looking on Sokka so that the composition can work better.

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: