Jul 25, 2014 10:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Avatar Couples You Support - Part 13  (Read 312130 times)
Wan-Shi-Tong-Servant
Chief Crankypants

« Reply #5350 on: Sep 06, 2013 05:19 pm »

And we all know the only deflowering that happened during ATLA and the main crew, plus Suki, Azula, Mai and Ty Lee was:

Sokka/Suki. Duh.
Suki/Toph. xD
Suki/Azula Favourite "prisoner" xD

Wait, "deflowering" means your first time, right, so technically only one of these can be so. I'm leaning towards Azula/Suki being the most probable . . .

Unless.... it was Sokka's first, and Toph's first and Azula's first time, that is...

This should be the truth.

I don't think Azula, erhem, lost anything while deflowering Suki. Mutuality is not required by this concept, either, I don't think. Tongue And generally it doesn't apply to males . . .

Not much love for Ty Lee here otherwise, huh? You know she and Toph are the only main character, sane, unattached people left by series end.

That's because they not wanted us to see the love for each other...
I think, Toph Lee/ TyLoph is one underrated ship anyway...
Snarky ROCKLIKE and carefree bubbly upbeat dancing like... Neat combi.

Chibis!

Ash Ketchum laughs at your logic.

And I laugh at Ash Ketchum. Quite some tasteful fanarts cot deleted from dA cause they called it "underage nudity", even when the characters in these fanarts have been portrayed as adults.

Rules is Rules. FAQ #248.

Quote from: http://help.deviantart.com/248/ dA FAQ #248
characters presented as being under the age of eighteen (18)

When the character is portrayed as being of age ( greater / equal 18) this rule should never apply. It's like characters could not grow up, but since virtual characters are modelled from real life ideas and such, and since each and every living being grows up and gets older, so should virtual characters do, too!
At least fanartists should be allowed to draw characters as being of age, or as being old!

But this is getting off topic, we should either find a thread that fits this trail or create a new one, or move to PM, 'K?

Eh, Deviantart is a major vehicle through which shippers ship. I think it's on topic.

This rule makes absolutely sure no underage characters are exploited. If the series ends and they're still the same age, art still, in a roundabout way, relates to them at that age.

I do agree that the part about their aging during-series still not counting as aging is kind of over the top.

I think it's uber creepy when people draw the character's face the way they are in the series and then ages up their body.

Ohhh how devious of you, trying to trick me losing hours and hours of today's neat sunshine by trying to hide the tytropes article as google URL?
I won't fall for that trickery... what is this trying to force to click on that link... must... resist-.... ..--.drhhh must..... resissssstttt!

I wasn't trying to hide anything, I just copied it from the google search because I know that trope well enough not to have to click on it and read it again . . .

Warrior rabbit! W00T! More than once I've wanted to make a character like that. X3

I hate how the tumblr pic shows off Sokka's muscles but we can't see any of Toph's. :'^(

An in-depth examination of ATLA. Ty Lee meets Azula's targets: complete strangers, yet their auras glow invitingly, their positive chi drawing her like a magnet. She finds many things in common with two of them. Kataang, TyLokka, sibling!Toko http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5732344/1/What_Meets_the_Eye
Suz
Chief Crankypants

« Reply #5351 on: Sep 06, 2013 06:11 pm »

Hairy!Sokka is something I can get behind!
Rava
Chief Crankypants

♪ CANON! ♪ TyZula ♬ Korrami ♫ Linami ♫ Jumai ♪

« Reply #5352 on: Sep 07, 2013 02:38 am »

I don't think Azula, erhem, lost anything while deflowering Suki. Mutuality is not required by this concept, either, I don't think. Tongue And generally it doesn't apply to males . . .

You used logic in the shipping threads! Therefore, you lose. xD (Tongue)

Isn't that the cutest crack ship fanart of ever? <B

This rule makes absolutely sure no underage characters are exploited. If the series ends and they're still the same age, art still, in a roundabout way, relates to them at that age.

I do agree that the part about their aging during-series still not counting as aging is kind of over the top.

I think it's uber creepy when people draw the character's face the way they are in the series and then ages up their body.

When a character is portrayed as, say, in her mid 20th, with aged body and aged face... then this is a portray of a mid 20th person, and nothing else...
Duh. Again: body of a mid 20th person, face of a mid 20th person: this makes the portray the one of a mid 20th person...

I wasn't trying to hide anything, I just copied it from the google search because I know that trope well enough not to have to click on it and read it again . . .

Ohh... so you wanted to not click it is as well... that makes it no less devious. </shipping thread logic> (Tongue)

Warrior rabbit! W00T! More than once I've wanted to make a character like that. X3

Go for it, all of Stan Sakai's Usagi Yojimbo comic have great storytelling and neat characterization... If you are into that, you will <B the stuff. Oh, and the drawings are neat as well...

yours Rava

Keeper of Aang's Vision of Toph - Iroh's Spirit World sight - Toph's badgermole kiss - Lion turtle's chanting ---  Smiley
Quote from: Fishfood1
you're the king of yuri on ASN
AtoMaki
Chief Crankypants

ENTP

« Reply #5353 on: Sep 07, 2013 03:44 am »

Unless.... it was Sokka's first, and Toph's first and Azula's first time, that is...

This should be the truth.

Suki deflowered Azula, duh  Grin! And after that ride, Sokka sure felt himself deflowered even though he is a boy  Cheesy.

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.
Wan-Shi-Tong-Servant
Chief Crankypants

« Reply #5354 on: Sep 07, 2013 04:54 am »

You used logic in the shipping threads! Therefore, you lose. xD (Tongue)

Eh, this is not precisely true. We shippers like to write essays and essays on why a certain pairing makes sense! At least, here we do. I won't speak for groups like CAPSTARA and CAPSTAANG.

Yes. It is. Completely. And totally. Hands down.

Suki deflowered Azula, duh  Grin!

Haha, oh the sheer absurdity. Almost as funny as:

Since Ty Lee was the only possible factor that could have interrupted Mai and Azula's fight, then Mai was clearly expecting for a fight to the death. And if you argue that she really believed she would be able to kill Azula,

BWAHAHAHA*wheeze*HAHAHAHA

An in-depth examination of ATLA. Ty Lee meets Azula's targets: complete strangers, yet their auras glow invitingly, their positive chi drawing her like a magnet. She finds many things in common with two of them. Kataang, TyLokka, sibling!Toko http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5732344/1/What_Meets_the_Eye
Rava
Chief Crankypants

« Reply #5355 on: Sep 07, 2013 10:31 am »

Suki deflowered Azula, duh  Grin!

Haha, oh the sheer absurdity.

Only partly, cause we know that Suki had better relationships to lots of folks that 'Zula ever knew could exist.
Zula is opressed and tries to be the headstrong perfect outer self, while suppressing all other inner and more tender needs...

So, it could have gone like this:
Azula tries to interrogate and have fun with Suki, but she knew what it's about, since we can be sure that an elite force like the KWs also trained counter measurements for the case of imprisonment and interrogation...
And Suki is clever enough to see behind the outer mask of Zula... and we saw how far Zula went with manipulation Zuko, when she acted all flirty towards him, so, when acting against her own brother this way, she also would use that trick with Suki...

And Suki just turned tables and showed what's like to really have a good time, and so Zula got her first orga**m, while Suki telling her that in life there is more than a cruel and cold exterior, and how flawed Zula's theory of "I can trust no one, only fear gets my subjects working like they should"...

Could have played out like this.  Cool

yours Rava

Keeper of Aang's Vision of Toph - Iroh's Spirit World sight - Toph's badgermole kiss - Lion turtle's chanting ---  Smiley
Wan-Shi-Tong-Servant
Chief Crankypants

« Reply #5356 on: Sep 07, 2013 11:52 pm »

Nope, not buying it. Sorry. Tongue

BTW you put one too many asterisks there. Tongue

Rava
Chief Crankypants

« Reply #5357 on: Sep 08, 2013 12:26 am »

Nope, not buying it. Sorry. Tongue

Hey, that's too simple. Don't be a spoil sport here! Argue what parts are against the characters we know from canon...

yours Rava

Wan-Shi-Tong-Servant
Chief Crankypants

« Reply #5358 on: Sep 08, 2013 02:49 am »

*sigh* Fine. *Warning: Ruthless Evisceration of a Crack Ship*

Wan Shi Tong: "Oh, this is going to be good."

Only partly, cause we know that Suki had better relationships to lots of folks

The only relationship we saw developed was hers and Sokka's. She hardly spoke a word to the rest of the Gaang, and we don't get to see any interaction between her girls, either. She's called a flat character in the fandom for a reason. Nothing much to go on, here. Sure, they may be assumed to be objectively better than Azula's, which all fell around her ears, but still. Lacking info here.

Azula tries to interrogate and have fun with Suki

Given Azula's sadistic nature, you make this sound a lot more innocuous than it was, if it occurred.

And Suki is clever enough to see behind the outer mask of Zula...

Again, next to no evidence that Suki is emotionally adept as physically adept. Who does she read in the series that she wasn't explicitly told was not okay? She doesn't even deal well with playful jabbing from Sokka. "Are you trying to get on my bad side?" Then again, you could say what he was saying might be traumatizing, which would be more evidence against this. (Not that it was ever addressed.)

All the while, Azula's two lifelong friends are never shown as being able to tell how she was feeling, seeing behind the mask, unless Azula chose to shift it herself. Even the girl that sees auras!

and we saw how far Zula went with manipulation Zuko, when she acted all flirty towards him

That was unintentional on Azula's part, and I think Mike and Bryan have even said so. In fact, it's inherently sexist to assume when a woman is being devious, manipulative, and secretive that she's automatically trying to sexually seduce. Because she's pretty!

Also, we saw in The Beach that Azula is not versed in seduction whatsoever.

And Suki just turned tables and showed what's like to really have a good time, and so Zula got her first orga*m

Fix'd.

Azula, the Agni scorching princess of the Fire Nation, the most elitist, above it all system in the world, allowing her EK prisoner to touch her in any way without a broken finger, nose, burn, or all three as recompense? Just not happening.

In sum, the comment about "favorite prisoner" was likely made up on the spot (Queen of Lies!) to get a reaction out of Sokka, which it did, and meant nothing. In fact, let's hope for Suki's sake that IS the case.

Could have played out like this.  Cool

No. Q.E.D.

Post Scriptum for Public Service: R*** =/= Sexy Fun Times. Ever.
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2013 05:00 pm by Wan-Shi-Tong-Servant » Logged

Spirit of Flame
Banned Member
Chief Crankypants

History teacher @ the first school of Soundbending

« Reply #5359 on: Sep 08, 2013 05:30 am »

Post Scriptum for Public Service: Rape =/= Sexy Fun Times. Ever.

Why must you fill this thread with lies?

Keeper of Tahno's mp3 player.

http://firenationfan.deviantart.com/art/Fire-Nation-Pride-Signature-65391719

"Some traditions have purpose."
AtoMaki
Chief Crankypants

ENTP

« Reply #5360 on: Sep 08, 2013 05:34 am »

The way Suki interacted with Sokka tells me that she had quite a few boyfriends before him (at lest two or three). She acted very maturely yet casually. An amateur couldn't pull out this in the way she did. The mere fact that she was eager to have tenttime with Sokka after, like, the third night they spent together shows that she wasn't exactly inexperienced with that kind of stuff.

Then, Suki can believe that she saw behind Azula's mask. Girl is riding on a very high horse ("I'm an elite warrior." and all that stuff), and if she gets the idea that Azula is not the strongest strong girl around then she will treat her that way.

And this leads us to the next point: Suki is definitely not an average prisoner. Technically, she is not Earth Kingdom (Kyoshi Island is a little bit of everything), she isn't really committed to either parties in the war (she and her KWs could join the Fire Nation too) and she possesses a great variety of skill and abilities that could be invaluabe for someone like Azula (remember: at one point, Suki even captured the Avatar himself). And I can't see Azula turning a blind eye to these facts. Yeah, Kyoshi Wariors... sounds fine... but what about Azula Warriors?

In my opinion, this is the very essence of Azuki: Azula plays a game to convert Suki to her side and have her very own cadre of ninja/samurai girls. She doesn't torture her physically (you don't hurt the animal you try to befriend) but she sows the seeds of doubt then use lures and promises, playing on Suki's pride. On the other side of the table, Suki tries to win by playing the game on her own rules... or at least that's what she thinks because those rules are in fact Azula's and Suki can only get an edge over the fire princess when she flips the table. But since their personalities are rather similar, this whole thing would end up in an endless mirror battle where Narcissistic Suki faces Emphatic Azula and nobody can really break the stalemate.
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2013 12:58 pm by AtoMaki » Logged

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.
Aangs True Love
Global Moderator
Chief Crankypants

"That lady is my hero."

« Reply #5361 on: Sep 08, 2013 11:32 am »

Just a quick reminder that references to rape aren't appropriate.  Keep the convo family-friendly, please!

I keep TokKataangletoe/Toph's statue/Aang's legacy/Bolin's dumplings/Lin's sacrifice.
Let your heart guide you. It whispers...so listen closely. <3 Icon=Maivry
shorewall
Chief Crankypants

« Reply #5362 on: Sep 08, 2013 11:37 am »

^^ Yeah, it might not be a happy ending, but nobody ever said it had to be a happy ending!  Cheesy  We just want to watch the world burn!  (We're such hedonists.  Tongue  Cheesy)

(also, I don't think anyone here endorses r*pe.  The furthest we go is love/hate relationships and semi consensual dom/sub relationships.)
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2013 11:39 am by shorewall » Logged

\\\\\\\"The true mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can tough the poison of hatred without being harmed. Since beginning-less time, darkness thrives in the void but always yields to purifying light.\\\\\\\"
Rava
Chief Crankypants

« Reply #5363 on: Sep 08, 2013 12:30 pm »

Kinda stalemate here, our resident librarian (Wan-Shi-Tong-Servant) raises some good points;
But AtoMaki does, too... and since he argues in my favour here... I say, he got the better arguments...

Also, I need to somehow save face with my absurd drabble thingy above... No, I don't need to save face, this is all just for fun... but it's more fun to raise some arguments for pro Azuki...

@Spirit of Flame
Not funny... at all what you wrote above! Don't try to get this thread locked, please!

yours Rava

Loopy
Chief Crankypants

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #5364 on: Sep 08, 2013 03:28 pm »

The way Suki interacted with Sokka tells me that she had quite a few boyfriends before him (at lest two or three). She acted very maturely yet casually. An amateur couldn't pull out this in the way she did. The mere fact that she was eager to have tenttime with Sokka after, like, the third night they spent together shows that she wasn't exactly inexperienced with that kind of stuff.

See, you're making a giant leap in the middle of this statement. I agree that Suki probably had one or more boyfriends before Sokka (I'm not sure whether it's been canonized or not, but the Mike and the Bryan have joked that she dated Foamy), but you can't then just say that her eagerness to screw her current boyfriend- after being locked up in the worst prison in the world, successfully interrogated, and then rescued by said boyfriend- means that she's experienced with sex. Virgins are allowed to be enthusiastic about the concept, after all. Tongue

And this leads us to the next point: Suki is definitely not an average prisoner. Technically, she is not Earth Kingdom (Kyoshi Island is a little bit of everything), she isn't really committed to either parties in the war (she and her KWs could join the Fire Nation too) and she possesses a great variety of skill and abilities that could be invaluabe for someone like Azula (remember: at one point, Suki even captured the Avatar himself). And I can't see Azula turning a blind eye to these facts. Yeah, Kyoshi Wariors... sounds fine... but what about Azula Warriors?

...what are you on? Kyoshi Island may or may not technically be Earth Kingdom, but Kyoshi Island obviously feared Fire Nation invasion, hence why its people were going to kill Aang, Katara, and Sokka just on the chance that they might be Fire Nation spies. There's no chance of Kyoshi Island ever working with the Fire Nation, because Kyoshi Island revers Avatar Kyoshi, and the Fire Nation is both anti-Spirit and anti-Avatar. They fed Avatar Aang simply because he was Kyoshi's reincarnation, and the Fire Nation attacked them for just feeding him.

Also, Kyoshi Island doesn't seem that into genocide, which is a popular Fire Nation past-time.

Finally, the Kyoshi Warriors joined the Earth Kingdom in the war against the Fire Nation. They were guarding Earth Kingdom refugees. They joined up with the local police outside of Ba Sing Se. They took orders from Ba Sing Se bureaucrats and wore the local uniforms. They were acting as Earth Kingdom soldiers when they were captured by Azula. Whatever Kyoshi Island's official status, the Kyoshi Warriors were firmly part of the Earth Kingdom army in the war against the Fire Nation.

In my opinion, this is the very essence of Azuki: Azula plays a game to convert Suki to her side and have her very own cadre of ninja/samurai girls. She doesn't torture her physically (you don't hurt the animal you try to befriend) but she sows the seeds of doubt then use lures and promises, playing on Suki's pride. On the other side of the table, Suki tries to win by playing the game on her own rules... or at least that's what she thinks because those rules are in fact Azula's and Suki can only get an edge over the fire princess when she flips the table. But since their personalities are rather similar, this whole thing would end up in an endless mirror battle where Narcissistic Suki faces Emphatic Azula and nobody can really break the stalemate.

Nice fantasy, but keep in mind it would have to be AU and we'll all be able to enjoy it. Smiley

Sig by Danger
shorewall
Chief Crankypants

« Reply #5365 on: Sep 08, 2013 05:10 pm »

Nice fantasy, but keep in mind it would have to be AU and we'll all be able to enjoy it. Smiley

I will keep that in mind.  Cheesy  After all, AU and fanfiction are what the fandom lives on, long after the show is over.  Smiley
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2013 05:12 pm by shorewall » Logged

\\\\\\\"The true mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can tough the poison of hatred without being harmed. Since beginning-less time, darkness thrives in the void but always yields to purifying light.\\\\\\\"
Wan-Shi-Tong-Servant
Chief Crankypants

« Reply #5366 on: Sep 08, 2013 05:48 pm »

Whoops, sorry ATL. Censored now.

@Spirit of Flame
Not funny... at all what you wrote above!

Seconded.

The furthest we go is love/hate relationships and semi consensual dom/sub relationships.

Sure, but some of the fandom (along with lots of anime fans) does like the idea of abuse/violence turned relationship and part of this thread is to talk about what the pairing's image is in the fandom at large. Azuki is definitely one of the ones birthed in fire.

Kinda stalemate here, our resident librarian (Wan-Shi-Tong-Servant) raises some good points;
But AtoMaki does, too... and since he argues in my favour here... I say, he got the better arguments...

Now that's some impartial judging! Not. Thanks a lot, Rava.  Roll Eyes

The way Suki interacted with Sokka tells me that she had quite a few boyfriends before him (at lest two or three) . . . The mere fact that she was eager to have tenttime with Sokka after, like, the third night they spent together shows that she wasn't exactly inexperienced with that kind of stuff.

you can't then just say that her eagerness to screw her current boyfriend- after being locked up in the worst prison in the world, successfully interrogated, and then rescued by said boyfriend- means that she's experienced with sex. Virgins are allowed to be enthusiastic about the concept, after all. Tongue

This.

Apologizing for kissing someone when it was clear it made them uncomfortable is just common decency.

Technically, she is not Earth Kingdom (Kyoshi Island is a little bit of everything), she isn't really committed to either parties in the war (she and her KWs could join the Fire Nation too) and she possesses a great variety of skill and abilities that could be invaluabe for someone like Azula 

...what are you on? Kyoshi Island may or may not technically be Earth Kingdom, but Kyoshi Island obviously feared Fire Nation invasion, hence why its people were going to kill Aang, Katara, and Sokka just on the chance that they might be Fire Nation spies. There's no chance of Kyoshi Island ever working with the Fire Nation, because Kyoshi Island revers Avatar Kyoshi, and the Fire Nation is both anti-Spirit and anti-Avatar. They fed Avatar Aang simply because he was Kyoshi's reincarnation, and the Fire Nation attacked them for just feeding him.

She's on fanon. It's a h*lluva drug. Wink

Protip: Elitism is elitism. Everything that's not like you, including people from your own Nation who are not nobles are far below you. Azula has the entire FN army at her disposal, plus adult, highly trained earthbenders from Ba Sing Se, wielding many of the same subterfuge skills you advocate. Suki is a plaything at best and at worst a suspected harborer of information about the Gaang that she actually doesn't have (*shudder* Nothing worse that having no info to give to violent interrogators who think otherwise).

Quote from: AtoMaki link=topic=20619.msg2304140#msg2304140
But since their personalities are rather similar

I'm not even convinced of this, especially after you advocated for angry Suki, (in contrast to composed Azula) but we've already discussed it, so . . .

AtoMaki
Chief Crankypants

ENTP

« Reply #5367 on: Sep 09, 2013 03:17 am »

Virgins are allowed to be enthusiastic about the concept, after all. Tongue

I' met enough virgins to confidently say that this isn't the case at all. 'cept said virgin wants to lose it so badly that she jumps at every occasion to do that.

because Kyoshi Island revers Avatar Kyoshi

And this is why I think they are effectively and independent "nation" on their own. Remember: the Avatar is above the four nations - she is just as Fire Nation as Earth Kingdom or Water Tribes or an Air Nomad. It is natural the the islanders feared a FN invasion: not just that their island is right on a strategic location and the FN clearly on an invasion-spree that is a clear danger to the island's neutrality.

Not to mention that apart of Avatar Kyoshi's stuff, Kyoshi Island has absolutely nothing that even distantly resembles the Earth Kingdom: its people wear blue, its building's architecture is more Fire Nation-ish, and there is no authority figure other than the village chief and maybe the leader of the KWs.

Finally, the Kyoshi Warriors joined the Earth Kingdom in the war against the Fire Nation. They were guarding Earth Kingdom refugees. They joined up with the local police outside of Ba Sing Se. They took orders from Ba Sing Se bureaucrats and wore the local uniforms. They were acting as Earth Kingdom soldiers when they were captured by Azula. Whatever Kyoshi Island's official status, the Kyoshi Warriors were firmly part of the Earth Kingdom army in the war against the Fire Nation.

Yeah, but they volunteered to do that. They weren't drafted or recruited but joined as an outside force. They were like Hakoda and co. only much smaller in numbers and capabilities. They pretty much did their own thing... y'know like escorting the Avatar through the Serpent's Pass and wandering kilometers away from their assigned post for no apparent reasons only to be captured by Azula  Wink...

But we are in AU/fanon land anyway, aren't we? I mean the chances for some canon Azuki are meager to say at least  Cheesy.

He's on fanon. It's a h*lluva drug.

Don't even mention it. Traitor!Suki is my weak spot. If they had dropped something like that in the show, her character would have been so much better! And some classic evil lord/loyal samurai dynamic from those two girls would have been so awesome! But no, so its fanon time for me  Roll Eyes,
« Last Edit: Sep 09, 2013 03:21 am by AtoMaki » Logged

My fanficions.
Rava
Chief Crankypants

« Reply #5368 on: Sep 09, 2013 03:57 am »

I will keep that in mind.  Cheesy  After all, AU and fanfiction are what the fandom lives on, long after the show is over.  Smiley

And technically, every fanfiction is AU, unless it is a 1:1 retelling of the show itself...

Now that's some impartial judging! Not. Thanks a lot, Rava.  Roll Eyes

My love, I know you did argue very good, but I cannot abandon the ship after the first rough night at a stormy sea, now, can I?

Apologizing for kissing someone when it was clear it made them uncomfortable is just common decency.

To whom do you refer here? Suki's good bye kiss after the gAang left Kyoshi island for the first time?

Technically, the KW's are all on the same fanon drug, being fans of Avatar Kyoshi.
Only an Avatar Toph fanclub could have been worse... *hides from Toph's wrath*

Protip: Elitism is elitism. Everything that's not like you, including people from your own Nation who are not nobles are far below you. Azula has the entire FN army at her disposal, plus adult, highly trained earthbenders from Ba Sing Se, wielding many of the same subterfuge skills you advocate. Suki is a plaything at best and at worst a suspected harborer of information about the Gaang that she actually doesn't have (*shudder* Nothing worse that having no info to give to violent interrogators who think otherwise).

Reading this, I wonder why there are not way more fanfics about Azula/Suki tiemz in prison...

Especially since Suki now can have her fun visiting Zula in the Asylum...

"So, Azula... you remember the one time you used *censored* to get information out of me? What about showing you how it is to receive your own medicine you were so eager and pleased to give me back then?"

yours Rava

AtoMaki
Chief Crankypants

ENTP

« Reply #5369 on: Sep 09, 2013 04:22 am »

To whom do you refer here? Suki's good bye kiss after the gAang left Kyoshi island for the first time?

The Sukka kiss at the end of The Serpent Pass. I think Suki's embarrassment there came from the imperssion that Sokka friendzone'd her.  

Oh, and to the "Why would Azula care about the KWs when she has the FN army/Dai Li/whatever?":
Well, the answer is simple: because neither of those are the KWs. Each of these groups have different strengths and weaknesses and offer distinctive advantages and disadvantages. You can say that Azula woul simply care because she has more with the KWs than without them.
« Last Edit: Sep 09, 2013 04:34 am by AtoMaki » Logged

My fanficions.
Rava
Chief Crankypants

« Reply #5370 on: Sep 09, 2013 06:13 am »

The Sukka kiss at the end of The Serpent Pass. I think Suki's embarrassment there came from the imperssion that Sokka friendzone'd her.  

You meant "impression", right?

... So, we still need to wait for our resident evil </lame pun> librarian to confirm if that's the kiss she meant.

Oh, and to the "Why would Azula care about the KWs when she has the FN army/Dai Li/whatever?":
Well, the answer is simple: because neither of those are the KWs. Each of these groups have different strengths and weaknesses and offer distinctive advantages and disadvantages. You can say that Azula woul simply care because she has more with the KWs than without them.

I agree. Also, another pro argument is, well, Azuki. xD

yours Rava

shorewall
Chief Crankypants

« Reply #5371 on: Sep 09, 2013 09:51 am »

More Any!Suki is my weak spot!  Cheesy  She's like Asami in that they are both introverts, and as such, people think they are less developed than they really are.  But if you read between the lines...  Cheesy  I think less coverage, combined with introversion, leaves them a cipher to us, but I like it because it allows us to try and discover her.  It's like how in the last couple of months, I have seen a lot of fanart and fanfiction that makes me like Mai a lot more than I did in the show, because there is more to play around with.  The main characters are almost set in stone, especially with LOK.

Rava
Chief Crankypants

« Reply #5372 on: Sep 09, 2013 01:09 pm »

It's like how in the last couple of months, I have seen a lot of fanart and fanfiction that makes me like Mai a lot more than I did in the show, because there is more to play around with.

Care to share the best of these Mai fics with us?

yours Rava

Wan-Shi-Tong-Servant
Chief Crankypants

« Reply #5373 on: Sep 09, 2013 02:54 pm »

She's like Asami in that they are both introverts

Evidence?

Introverts don't typically jump into relationships so quickly, or open up quickly in the first place, or take positions of outright, active leadership.

I can see it more for Asami since we don't meet any other friends of hers, I suppose.

I have seen a lot of fanart and fanfiction that makes me like Mai a lot more than I did in the show

Again, fanon. I'll bet I can make some Zutarians like Aang. Anyone's opinion on a character as presented in canon is the most authentic, in a certain sense.

Yes, that's what I was referring to, as I assumed that's what AtoMaki was talking about when she said Suki handled her relationship maturely.

I don't think she thought she was friendzoned permanently. He just needs time to get over the dead girl. Friendzoning is when you have no other objection or obstacle against someone except you just plain don't want to date them. Right?

You can say that Azula would simply care because she has more with the KWs than without them.

Eh, still a flimsy reason. Especially since canon!Suki would probably staunchly rebuff any efforts. Azula's got better things to do. Like plan for the impending eclipse and comet.

My love, I know you did argue very good, but I cannot abandon the ship after the first rough night at a stormy sea, now, can I?

Accepting an argument against a ship does not mean you're obligated to abandon it, silly! I've accepted a couple of valid arguments against Kataang, remember?

...what are you on?

Kyoshi Island revers Avatar Kyoshi, and the Fire Nation is both anti-Spirit and anti-Avatar.

Technically, the KW's are all on the same fanon drug, being fans of Avatar Kyoshi.
Only an Avatar Toph fanclub could have been worse... *hides from Toph's wrath*

Oh dang, then Toph would get an even larger head. O_O

Suki is a plaything at best and at worst a suspected harborer of information about the Gaang that she actually doesn't have (*shudder* Nothing worse that having no info to give to violent interrogators who think otherwise).

Reading this, I wonder why there are not way more fanfics about Azula/Suki tiemz in prison...

Especially since Suki now can have her fun visiting Zula in the Asylum...

"So, Azula... you remember the one time you used *censored* to get information out of me? What about showing you how it is to receive your own medicine you were so eager and pleased to give me back then?"

Whoa, whoa, whoa, we've jumped from angry!Suki to sexuallyvindictive!Suki?

I think that needs some correcting.

AtoMaki
Chief Crankypants

ENTP

« Reply #5374 on: Sep 09, 2013 03:12 pm »

I don't think she thought she was friendzoned permanently. He just needs time to get over the dead girl. Friendzoning is when you have no other objection or obstacle against someone except you just plain don't want to date them. Right?

Suki didn't know about Yue.

Eh, still a flimsy reason. Especially since canon!Suki would probably staunchly rebuff any efforts. Azula's got better things to do. Like plan for the impending eclipse and comet.

And I don't say that Azula spent more than a few days with Suki, trying to convert her. And getting a bunch of non-bender ninjas to work for you is a pretty good preparation for the eclipse if you ask me  Wink.

But I also throw in this: given the time frame between her imprisonment and eventual release, it would be nigh impossible for Ty Lee to befriend the Kyoshi Warriors after the events of The Boiling Rock. But she could befriend them before as the KWs were locked up in the Capital City Prison, only a small walk away from the Capital City. And it raises the question: why did Ty Lee befriend them anyways? A good answer could be: because Azula "advised" her to do i!

My fanficions.
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: