Sep 25, 2017 01:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A:TLA & TLOK Graphic Novels (DH Comics) & other books  (Read 20637 times)
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #50 on: Feb 20, 2012 07:19 pm »

I don't have the "Journeys through the Earth Kingdom" book, but I have all the individual "Earth Kingdom Chronicles" books.

Doesn't make sense to me why they only collected four out of the six in the "Journeys" book.

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
Noirsam
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #51 on: Apr 10, 2012 03:57 pm »

I just read a interesting tweet from Gene Yangs twitter.

Quote from: MarkTweedale
Is "The Promise" supposed to be the first of several Avatar comics or is the trilogy a once-off thing?

Quote from: Gene Yangs
Hey Mark! Dark Horse may make an announcement about this soon...

Looks like it will be more ATLA comics in the future.

Sig made by Dorky.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #52 on: Apr 10, 2012 05:48 pm »

No, I can't even summon up cautious optimism. I'm in full-on "wary" mode.

azekeprofit
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A picture is worth a thousand words

« Reply #53 on: Apr 11, 2012 01:36 am »

They might announce the cancellation of entire Avatar comics thing ;p

How Avatar is titled throughout the world:

PM if you see a mistake
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #54 on: Apr 11, 2012 11:53 am »

^I actually would prefer that if Gene has any involvement. The Promise should be his last involvement.

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
Noirsam
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #55 on: Apr 13, 2012 01:27 pm »

Now Michael Dante is talking about more Avatar comics.

AVC: Mike, What kind of involvement have you and Bryan had in the Dark Horse Last Airbender books that are coming out right now, tying the two series together?

MDD: We’ve been very involved. We worked with Dark Horse on the art-of-Avatar book [Avatar: The Last Airbender—The Art Of The Animated Series] that Bryan and I wrote and put together with them, and we had a great working relationship with them. When they came and said, “Hey, we want to do some comics. We have this great writer, Gene Luen Yang, and a great group of artists in Japan to work on the comics.” So yeah, I’ve been working with Gene pretty closely on the first three books, and then we’re actually just starting to come up with ideas for the next batch of stories. But it’s been a great collaboration, and it’s nice to be able to tell some more stories in that fold, with the old characters, without having to do the entire animation part of it. [Laughs.]

Sig made by Dorky.
gonewiththewind17
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Asami, the nonbending swagbender

« Reply #56 on: Apr 13, 2012 01:31 pm »

Woohoo! We need a comic focused on Azula. And old!Gaang.
The franchise will live on! Expanded Avatar Universe.

Hopefully Gene Yang will improve his characterizations somewhat.

“Until the day when God will deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is contained in these two words,—'Wait and hope.'”
 -Alexander Dumas, The Counte of Monte Cristo

Icon by Plushu Smiley
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #57 on: Apr 13, 2012 02:02 pm »

We can only hope that Gene's writing improves. I don't know how much more I can handle.

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #58 on: Apr 13, 2012 06:02 pm »

Sigh. More Gene.

tophness
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

^ She's a cutie.

« Reply #59 on: Apr 13, 2012 06:02 pm »

You guys are so mean to him. Tongue

Keeps: Sokka's "Yes! Yes it can!"; Young!Mai's hair ribbons; Aang's big ears, the hidden Kataang kiss from 202
Korrasami bromance; Older!Aang's beard; Jinora's "Stay away from my dad's ex-girlfriend!"
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #60 on: Apr 13, 2012 06:45 pm »

Sigh. More Gene.

i appreciate your opinion, but i feel i need to remind most people that he's writing for a younger audience. the YA audience (which by definition starts as young as 12 years old)

or is the issue that some in fandom are saying that the story doesn't make sense and its gene's fault? im confused... i'll reread the opinions

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #61 on: Apr 13, 2012 06:51 pm »

Well, ATLA was for a YA audience, wasn't it? Korra is for a YA audience. All I'm asking for is brand consistency.

or is the issue that some in fandom are saying that the story doesn't make sense and its gene's fault? im confused... i'll reread the opinions

I, at least, am saying that the story is rubbish and full of plot holes, and it's someone's fault, but since Korra wound up being awesome it's probably not the Mike and the Bryan's fault.

ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #62 on: Apr 13, 2012 07:11 pm »

Well, ATLA was for a YA audience, wasn't it? Korra is for a YA audience. All I'm asking for is brand consistency.

I, at least, am saying that the story is rubbish and full of plot holes, and it's someone's fault, but since Korra wound up being awesome it's probably not the Mike and the Bryan's fault.

i dont know the reason for the plot holes... its was only the first book? plot holes happened in the show too, things that just were not explained, or it seemed that the staff... forgot? but getting back to your point... gene has stated that mike and bryan worked closely with him on the comic to help develop the story... the plot holes could be deliberate. im looking over the comics thread to get a better understanding of the opinions.

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #63 on: Apr 13, 2012 07:15 pm »

I made a handy list of all the plot holes, if you're having trouble finding them. It doesn't even get to the questionable characterizations, which I admit are much more a matter of opinion.

tophness
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

^ She's a cutie.

« Reply #64 on: Apr 13, 2012 07:22 pm »

^ As negative as that review was (and even I must agree, pretty accurate), it was freaking funny. Cheesy

Keeps: Sokka's "Yes! Yes it can!"; Young!Mai's hair ribbons; Aang's big ears, the hidden Kataang kiss from 202
Korrasami bromance; Older!Aang's beard; Jinora's "Stay away from my dad's ex-girlfriend!"
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #65 on: Apr 13, 2012 07:43 pm »

I made a handy list of all the plot holes, if you're having trouble finding them. It doesn't even get to the questionable characterizations, which I admit are much more a matter of opinion.

thank you kindly sir. now, i shall read

NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #66 on: Apr 28, 2012 05:44 pm »

The Promise 3 is ready for pre-order! Cheesy
http://www.bookdepository.com/Avatar-Last-Airbender-Promise-Part-3-Gene-Yang/9781595829412

With another 10% off if you order within two weeks. I don't get people who say it's too expensive.

Noirsam
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #67 on: Jun 21, 2012 11:31 am »

Quote from: Official Press Release

Pretty impressive given that relatively few fans were talking about it. Now when korra is on tv.

But not as impressive as the fact that the promise part 1 is still selling well.

Sig made by Dorky.
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #68 on: Jun 28, 2012 03:13 pm »

the cover for the search had me immediately palpitating. i am hoping it outsells everything ... i want my ursa!! <3

Shogun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #69 on: Jun 28, 2012 06:57 pm »

Hey everybody I got a quick question.

I was wondering are The Lost Scroll books as well as the Earth Kingdom Chronicles books just narratives of episodes or do they actually share a bunch of new information? Just wondering if they are worth ordering from Amazon. Thanks  Smiley

Bre1003
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #70 on: Aug 05, 2012 10:11 am »

Do you know where I can find one of these books? I've looked at Amazon, and can't get one there unless I pay at least 50 dollars.

I like Death Note, Fruits Basket, Shugo Chara, and A:TLA!

Updated my profile in 2016 here, it's sad to see that my picture and signature went away. Also sad to see the size of the community; was it always this small? Ah, nostalgia....
iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #71 on: Aug 05, 2012 11:45 am »

They have them at barnes & noble for like, 20$.

Sigs are for the weak
eMoN
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

"Lord Momo of the Momo dynasty, Your Momoness ..."

« Reply #72 on: Aug 05, 2012 07:24 pm »

You can probably buy it at The Book Depository which is an online bookstore in the UK.

~ Icon by GG, Sig by Schellibie ~
~ Keeps: Aang's "Monkey Feathers!" from 313 & Katara's "I'M COMPLETELY CALM!!!" from 208 ~
NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #73 on: Aug 05, 2012 08:43 pm »

"Where can I buy an Avatar: Art of the animated series book?" merged with "A:TLA Graphic Novels (DH Comics) & other books".

theblindbandit1
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #74 on: Oct 22, 2012 05:14 pm »

As of 10/22/2012 "Avatar the Last Airbender" is available to preorder on darkhorse.com. The cost is $10.99 plus shipping but it routes you to tfaw.com(things from another world) which is the store that processes darkhorse comics preorders and ships them. The cost there is $8.79 plus shipping. Usually you will get the book 1-3 days after the comic store release date if you order through these sites.

Dark Horse Comics "The Search" page:
http://www.darkhorse.com/Books/21-708/Avatar-The-Last-Airbender-The-Search-part-1-TPB

Things From Another World's "The Search" page:
http://www.tfaw.com/Profile/Avatar-The-Last-Airbender-Volume-4-TPB---The-Search-Part-1___416302

Happy shopping
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: