Jun 25, 2017 02:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A:TLA & TLOK Graphic Novels (DH Comics) & other books  (Read 20346 times)
NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #25 on: Nov 29, 2011 05:27 pm »

^ I don't believe you.

What distant rock do you live on that Bookdepository can't reach you? They ship for free to pretty much anywhere in the world.

I must pay a basic tax for transportation anyways. For a free transportation it is 2000HUF if the pack comes from the EU and can go up to 10000HUF (usually in the case of packs from the USA) if it comes from elsewhere. So getting the book from a foreign store is a bad business for me  Cheesy...

In that case, Bookdepository.com is €7.52 for the book plus 2000HUF taxes.

€14 isn't that much. I bet there are American shops where you'd pay more.

AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #26 on: Nov 29, 2011 06:01 pm »

^ I don't believe you.

What distant rock do you live on that Bookdepository can't reach you? They ship for free to pretty much anywhere in the world.

I must pay a basic tax for transportation anyways. For a free transportation it is 2000HUF if the pack comes from the EU and can go up to 10000HUF (usually in the case of packs from the USA) if it comes from elsewhere. So getting the book from a foreign store is a bad business for me  Cheesy...

In that case, Bookdepository.com is €7.52 for the book plus 2000HUF taxes.

€14 isn't that much. I bet there are American shops where you'd pay more.

Oh, 2000HUF is the transportation tax only. I still need to pay the sales tax and some other stuff. But it will maybe stop at 30 Euro or such. A relatively good buy, but i need to wait for a better exchange rate.

Thanks for the tip anyways!

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
azekeprofit
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A picture is worth a thousand words

« Reply #27 on: Nov 30, 2011 02:41 am »

Hah! You guys are the lucky ones! For me, only transportation would cost nearly four times the cost of the book  (~2500HUF for the book, ~9000HUF for transportation) Cheesy.
Try german Amazon. It's 6 euro for shipping for one package regardless for how many goods are in there. You can also get Artbook and Lost Adventures.

And of course it's in Europe.

I am getting all my comics and video games from there, and i'm not even in Europe.

How Avatar is titled throughout the world:

PM if you see a mistake
djinn
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Fish genetics is a very small field

« Reply #28 on: Jan 12, 2012 03:55 am »

Hmmm...Angus and Robertson have The Promise at $17, no shipping fees within Aus and it's due to come out in February. Wonder if I should get it...

TallBoy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

My Heart Burns For You

« Reply #29 on: Jan 21, 2012 05:24 pm »

just special ordered this at my local comicbook shop. the owner said this is a popular special order. looks like there are some fellow avatards neaby Tongue

3DS FC: 2836-0221-8587
PM me if you add me
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #30 on: Jan 21, 2012 11:49 pm »

just special ordered this at my local comicbook shop. the owner said this is a popular special order. looks like there are some fellow avatards neaby Tongue

sounds like my kind of area!

two comic book stores are holding copies for me. i try to support local stores when i can Smiley

TallBoy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

My Heart Burns For You

« Reply #31 on: Jan 22, 2012 04:57 pm »

two comic book stores are holding copies for me. i try to support local stores when i can Smiley
thats really nice of you!
i really like this shop. i go there every week for my pull list. he was kind of surprised that i was ordering something not superhero related.

PM me if you add me
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #32 on: Jan 22, 2012 10:27 pm »

thats really nice of you!
i really like this shop. i go there every week for my pull list. he was kind of surprised that i was ordering something not superhero related.

its kinda "super hero" ish. hehehe. maybe more will want the book, and they will special order more Smiley i really want the comics to do well. and i am going to repeat myself here... but the better they do, the more reason dark horse and nick have to continue the store Smiley and gosh darn it, i really really want MORE story <3

TallBoy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

My Heart Burns For You

« Reply #33 on: Jan 23, 2012 12:15 am »

its kinda "super hero" ish. hehehe. maybe more will want the book, and they will special order more Smiley i really want the comics to do well. and i am going to repeat myself here... but the better they do, the more reason dark horse and nick have to continue the store Smiley and gosh darn it, i really really want MORE story <3
it in their best interest to keep these books coming. its something for the old fans to enjoy their favorite characters  while making some new ones in TLOK.

and I really do think the comics will do well. amazon will help a lot in that aspect. as much as buying from a shop is awesome, most people will get it online, which is great as well. after i read mine i will most likely write a quick review for the amazon page. i know how much those persuade me to buy, so i hope i can help someone pick one up as well

PM me if you add me
Stupendous
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

juice for grown-ups

« Reply #34 on: Jan 23, 2012 12:39 am »

^^^Speaking of continuing the story, I wonder if Korra herself will have a comic, especially about her early years of Avatar training. :?

But in any case, I hope I can find a store with it. It was a scavenger hunt finding the last comic book in my area and I'd hate to order online. xD
« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2012 12:41 am by Stupendous » Logged

Keeper of Korra's armband, Asami's impeccable style, and the Air Kids' sibling shenanigans
tophness
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

^ She's a cutie.

« Reply #35 on: Jan 23, 2012 01:33 am »

I know of no comic book shops in my area (I was never, ever a geek for comic books) and I can't just ask my dad for his debit card number to order online ("What are you buying? What is this 'Avatar'? You are wasting my money!") so whenever I have money, I mosey on down to the local Barnes and Noble and order online from there at the customer service desk. Been doing that since I got the Avatar Art Book. Cheesy

Keeps: Sokka's "Yes! Yes it can!"; Young!Mai's hair ribbons; Aang's big ears, the hidden Kataang kiss from 202
Korrasami bromance; Older!Aang's beard; Jinora's "Stay away from my dad's ex-girlfriend!"
TallBoy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

My Heart Burns For You

« Reply #36 on: Jan 23, 2012 10:08 pm »

^^ if you want to find a comic book store... http://www.comicshoplocator.com/  Wink

PM me if you add me
NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #37 on: Feb 13, 2012 09:35 pm »

Received The Promise, Part 1.

Pre-ordering Part 2. Smiley

Noirsam
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #38 on: Feb 17, 2012 09:37 am »

So according to bookscan. So was Dark horse The Promis number one on the list of most sold books last week.

Sig made by Dorky.
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #39 on: Feb 17, 2012 09:53 am »

^ Hopefully the sales figures keep up for parts 2 and 3 and that encourages Dark Horse to make more Avatar comics Grin

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
Noirsam
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #40 on: Feb 17, 2012 10:02 am »

^ Hopefully the sales figures keep up for parts 2 and 3 and that encourages Dark Horse to make more Avatar comics Grin

Probably given that parts 2 and 3 will not leak a month in advance.

I'm hope that we will get the full list for all books soon.

But hear is Dark Horse take on it.

Sig made by Dorky.
plushu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

157% PIANDAOIST

« Reply #41 on: Feb 17, 2012 10:23 am »

So according to bookscan. So was Dark horse The Promis number one on the list of most sold books last week.

Where did you get your information?

Noirsam
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #42 on: Feb 17, 2012 10:30 am »

Where did you get your information?

From themarysue. And they got it from The Beat. And The Beat got it from Dark Horse

Sig made by Dorky.
Mr Grieves
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #43 on: Feb 17, 2012 05:19 pm »

When I asked the comic book store in town about Free Comic Book Day I heard something similar.
katara1018
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #44 on: Feb 20, 2012 04:34 pm »

Found this on the nick.com website:
http://shop.nick.com/Journeys-Through-the-Earth-Kingdom-Avatar/A/1416994467.htm

Anybody heard of this? It seems kind of interesting.

Sig by WaterLady from KF/Tumblr.
Keeper of Sokka's "FLYING KICKAPOW!!! From EIP
Follow me on tumblr: http://avatardedinthetardis.tumblr.com/
NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #45 on: Feb 20, 2012 04:42 pm »

^ "Fantastic collection of 4 of the single Earth Chronicles series."

So I suppose it's a new version of the "The Tales of" series? I'm not sure...

EDIT: Ah, found it.

Earth Kingdom Chronicles
- Journeys Through the Earth Kingdom - This is a collection of 4 of the 6 Earth Kingdom Chronicles (Aang, Azula, Toph, & Sokka). If you want them all you will need to purchase Zuko & Katara separately. These look pretty promising as they are written in diary format, which means they should have insight into what the characters were thinking during the second season.

http://forums.avatarspirit.net/index.php?topic=392.0
« Last Edit: Feb 20, 2012 04:47 pm by NeeNee » Logged

Noirsam
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #46 on: Feb 20, 2012 04:45 pm »

Found this on the nick.com website:
http://shop.nick.com/Journeys-Through-the-Earth-Kingdom-Avatar/A/1416994467.htm

Anybody heard of this? It seems kind of interesting.

In this collection of four books, Aang, Azula, Toph, and Sokka tell about their exciting and eye-opening journeys through the Earth Kingdom. This amazing collection is a great way to gear-up for the summer 2010 movie The Last Airbender--it's sure to be a hit!

Well.... Undecided

Sig made by Dorky.
iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #47 on: Feb 20, 2012 04:47 pm »

^Woah wait, what is this? I can't see it... It won't load for me, its just an orange screen.

Sigs are for the weak
Noirsam
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #48 on: Feb 20, 2012 04:50 pm »

^ You can see it here too.

Sig made by Dorky.
tophness
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

^ She's a cutie.

« Reply #49 on: Feb 20, 2012 05:20 pm »

I remember reading that once. This book is also the reason my library card has been blocked because I failed to return it in time. It was pretty good. Only thing I didn't like was the fact that Toph story was written in present tense the whole time. Don't know why, but that bugged me more than it should have. Tongue

Keeps: Sokka's "Yes! Yes it can!"; Young!Mai's hair ribbons; Aang's big ears, the hidden Kataang kiss from 202
Korrasami bromance; Older!Aang's beard; Jinora's "Stay away from my dad's ex-girlfriend!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: