Dec 07, 2019 04:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Promise, Part 1 - Speculation (NO SPOILERS!!!)  (Read 77586 times)
ByStorm
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Look with favor upon a bold beginning.

« Reply #675 on: Dec 14, 2011 06:32 pm »

I snatched up an early "used" copy from Amazon from a reputable seller. I'm getting it tomorrow.
Whaaaat!? You are lucky!

It surprised me too and it sounded too good to be true. So I checked the seller and he's gotten 98% on Amazon with the condition of the "used" book being "Like New" condition. From that inference , I believe it to be one of the earlier copies of the comic that arose with the leak unless it was the final release copy. Either way, it is very fortunate I got it, especially discounted price of 7 bucks alongside the Lost Adventures book , a 8 GB SD card and a book so I can get exactly 25 bucks for free shipping. All shipped with the Prime trial ,which is the biggest loophole Amazon has for frugal people who want to buy 25 bucks worth at least. Best part is it's for a month.

I suggest anyone in America and Canada to buy it this way alongside other books if you need to.

_________

On topic ,though, I would love a twist ending where their children go "Children of the Corn" , kill their parents and train Korra for their own  whim. Katara escapes barely and plays along , getting Korra to rebel against the Gaang's children and bring vengeance.

Got the package today and it became Avatar the Last Airbender "A Broken Promise". I got the Tokyopop Cine-Manga instead of the new comic and I'm returning it promptly.

I am gonna reserve the real version in its place once I return it or buy the Lost Adventures comic set, since the one I bought is gonig to my sister for Christmas.

_________

It would be a buzzkill if Amon is their child,if it's done wrong.

I know that an open ended ending would suck for those who watched the intro , but an ending where we see Zuko and Aang at each other's throats due to stress and pressure would be interesting and up the ante. Then release a second comic series where we see them developing the URN with that kid assassin  in the colonies would assume the lead of. We then see the children of the Gaang and it cuts from there to leave us mystery. The Fire Nation Royal Family with Ursa holding her  youngest grandson, Aang and Katara with their three children, Sukka with their child and Toph/? with her daughter. We are given an ambiguous ending considering their children and any deaths to pull our hearts out and bang! we have our prologue to Korra.

« Last Edit: Dec 15, 2011 05:53 pm by ByStorm » Logged

"For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted God, adorned themselves, being in subjection to their owl husbands." - The Owl Bible , 1 Strigidae Bubo 3:5. Taken from a typo in 1 Peter 3:5.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #676 on: Dec 14, 2011 06:33 pm »

Ah, so Amon is Sokka and Suki's kid.

NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #677 on: Dec 14, 2011 06:43 pm »

Everyone remember not to post spoilers here.

And discussion on buying the books should go in The Marketplace.

Nikkel
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

King of kings, monster of monsters.

« Reply #678 on: Dec 18, 2011 12:52 pm »

I'm excited, but I'll probably just pick it up at my local comic book store...

Keeper of Urzai, Ursa's Survival, and Azula's Lies + Psychotic Breakdown
Noirsam
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #679 on: Jan 02, 2012 07:24 pm »

so one question for any business experts on this forum.

I read an interesting post from TheLastAirbendersfans that said that it was weird that Dark Horse publishing The Promise.

Dark Horse is Americas largest independent American comic book and manga publisher.

And it is not own by Viacom.

is it not wierd that The Promise is not published by a Viacom owned companies.

I mean...

This http://www.amazon.com/Last-Airbender-Prequel-Zukos-Avatar/dp/0345518543

And this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0345518551/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=1278548962&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=0345518543&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=02KWE73PP8E5EDC2NP1T

was published by Viacom owned companies.

Sig made by Dorky.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #680 on: Jan 03, 2012 10:52 pm »

Viacom owns Del Ray?

I find that hard to believe.

In fact, I outright disbelieve it.

Noirsam
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #681 on: Jan 04, 2012 04:49 am »

So the post from TheLastAirbendersfans was wrong?

I should have known better than to trust a M. Night The Last Airbender fan site.

Sig made by Dorky.
Marieke
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #682 on: Jan 04, 2012 05:45 am »

Of all the publishers, I wasn't surprised at all that Dark Horse Comics picked up Avatar: The Last Airbender. Their best selling titles are the film/TV to comic book adaptations Star Wars and Buffy The Vampire Slayer and they also publish and promote a lot of Japanese manga. I think A:TLA is a perfect fit for them.
RissieChie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Party slime ;)

« Reply #683 on: Jan 04, 2012 10:40 pm »

I am forcing myself to not read the leaks and just wait for the book (even though I saw the leaks that Amazon had). It's extremely hard.... but I'm managing.... *cough21dayscough*

WARNING: May show serious signs of a fangirl.
Follow my Avatar Tumblr
soul reaper
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #684 on: Jan 21, 2012 08:28 pm »

^ oh...like i already read all the spoilers and stuuuufffff... i always do that with anything and everything, i dont mind it at all. i am so excited about the books, i wish they were made into episodes though. but at least we get to know what happens after the war Smiley and wonder what they will say about zukos mom??

ByStorm
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #685 on: Jan 22, 2012 02:49 pm »

^ oh...like i already read all the spoilers and stuuuufffff... i always do that with anything and everything, i dont mind it at all. i am so excited about the books, i wish they were made into episodes though. but at least we get to know what happens after the war Smiley and wonder what they will say about zukos mom??

Blame Bryke for not striking the iron hot and not taking up the offer to making more episodes back in 2008, which led to the monstrosity that is TLA. Though it might have taken away from Sozin's Comet, it would've been neat if more episodes or TV films were made about after the War. Can't blame them for wanting to keeping the story as is at the time though, but dang it , they missed an opportunity. An Avatar Z to be precise.  Let's hope Korra picks up steam and makes us forget the four year lapse without Avatar material.

"For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted God, adorned themselves, being in subjection to their owl husbands." - The Owl Bible , 1 Strigidae Bubo 3:5. Taken from a typo in 1 Peter 3:5.
soul reaper
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #686 on: Jan 22, 2012 05:51 pm »

yea lol, but at least even dbz had an ending. now if it ended up like bleach...never ending and getting annoying that would have sucked more

azure_flame
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #687 on: Jan 22, 2012 06:25 pm »

Blame Bryke for not striking the iron hot and not taking up the offer to making more episodes back in 2008, which led to the monstrosity that is TLA. Though it might have taken away from Sozin's Comet, it would've been neat if more episodes or TV films were made about after the War. Can't blame them for wanting to keeping the story as is at the time though, but dang it , they missed an opportunity. An Avatar Z to be precise.  Let's hope Korra picks up steam and makes us forget the four year lapse without Avatar material.

whoa! whoa! whoa!
they had a offer to make MORE episodes?!

please support The Search - An Avatar: The Last Airbender Film http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-search-an-avatar-the-last-airbender-film
ByStorm
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #688 on: Jan 22, 2012 07:12 pm »

whoa! whoa! whoa!
they had a offer to make MORE episodes?!

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2010/07/21/legend-of-korra-the-creators-of-avatar-the-last-airbender-on-the-new-spinoff/

"Although the creators of the show had planned an ending to the show, the success of Avatar: The Last Airbender caused Nickelodeon to ask for more episodes."

I recall hearing this at the press release of the confirmation of Korra , further haering it was around 2008/9 that Nick approached them. Knowing and believing the film to be a success they pushed the potential continuation and it evolved while the film developed and bombed.

Bryke wanted to end the series ,but then started development on Korra ,Viacom probably hoping it would attract fans to the film and vice versa. That would have been a great plan had TLA not sucked and been the hit.

azure_flame
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #689 on: Jan 22, 2012 07:20 pm »

Why didn't they just continued the original series!?
« Last Edit: Jan 22, 2012 07:33 pm by azure_flame » Logged

please support The Search - An Avatar: The Last Airbender Film http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-search-an-avatar-the-last-airbender-film
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #690 on: Jan 22, 2012 07:27 pm »

I can't blame them. Considering how much of this comic is influenced by what was developed for Korra, there was obviously no story for Aang and Zuko left.

No, seriously, how does anyone think this comic could exist with Korra setting it up?

Noirsam
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #691 on: Jan 22, 2012 07:29 pm »

We should probably get this thread in the right direction again.

I think that The Promise is going to make more money than M. Nights The Last Airbender.

Because that is going to be a big challenge.  Roll Eyes

Production:                                   -$150,000,000.00
Advertising:                            -$130,000,000.00
Domestic Theater Gross profit            $131,772,187.00
52.5% Domestic Theater's Cut   -$69,180,398.18
International Theater Gross profit    $187,350,834.00
80% International Theater's Cut   -$149,880,667.20
DVD Sales Gross profit                    $28,921,884.00
15% DVD production & sales Cut    -$4,338,282.60
----------------------------------------------------  
Total                                            -$155,354,442.98

Sig made by Dorky.
NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #692 on: Jan 22, 2012 07:31 pm »

^ Who knows how expensive paper is nowadays? Tongue

Noirsam
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #693 on: Jan 23, 2012 02:40 pm »

So we have a new Interview.

With sound this time.

http://www.authorsarerockstars.com/2012/01/gene-luen-yang-special-edition.html

Sig made by Dorky.
kitsuneopal
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #694 on: Jan 23, 2012 04:27 pm »

Simply put they were done with that story. And I applaud them for not caving in and making "book 4" and going on with another story, mainly Korra.
ByStorm
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #695 on: Jan 23, 2012 11:38 pm »

Maybe the next will be a video recorded by a potato.

iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #696 on: Jan 23, 2012 11:46 pm »

Simply put they were done with that story. And I applaud them for not caving in and making "book 4" and going on with another story, mainly Korra.

Yes, I'm glad they didn't make book 4, since everything is pretty much resolved, it could easily get boring. The story is just done now, I don't really know what people want them to do with the story... We better be happy were even getting this.

Its better they ended it with people craving for more, instead of ending it with people wishing it ended before it became crap.
« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2012 11:48 pm by iwashere » Logged

Sigs are for the weak
ByStorm
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #697 on: Jan 24, 2012 06:44 pm »

Yes, I'm glad they didn't make book 4, since everything is pretty much resolved, it could easily get boring. The story is just done now, I don't really know what people want them to do with the story... We better be happy were even getting this.

Its better they ended it with people craving for more, instead of ending it with people wishing it ended before it became crap.

I wrote a Book 4 that dealt with them going to a Classical Influenced nation mirrored of Constantinople/Tang Dynasty capital where the emperor was Ursa's and Iroh's lovechild who happened to be an Airbender for no reason alongside being (a firebender).  Set ten years after the show ended , it covers how the the Air Nomads survived in temples there, IE, their spirituality is aligned with the state and the entire mindfreak that ensues .  Aang finds out he is not the last and everyone is wondering why Iroh's son is a badass Airbending emperor and the conundrum that ensues.  Sounds like a horrible Disney sequel doesn't it?

I also had a Mad Max like story where the Fire Nation takes over America, unintentionally creating a ripoff of Red Dawn and Battle Royale in the process where the heroes flee the States ,vowing to get back their nation, but with bending. I didn't even know either film until I learned of it , lol..

I'm glad Avatar did end, as I saw what happened to Japan and their version of Transformers G1. It went from being remotely like G1 to Power Rangers(Masterforce) to something GaoGaiGar-ish. By the time Zone was made, it was NOTHING like G1 and more like some stock Robot anime and no one cared about it...

SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #698 on: Jan 25, 2012 09:04 am »

The Promise, Part 1 is out in comic book stores today, so the speculation thread is now closed.

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
Pages: « previous page   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: