Nov 12, 2019 12:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Food and other Comestibles in United Republic and the world of Korra  (Read 708 times)
joinred1127
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Bryke be with us. Bryke give us strength.

« on: Jul 25, 2011 01:01 pm »

The United Republic was founded as a way for all the Nations to come together and live in harmony post-100 Years War, so how has the food culture been affected by the mingling of the Four Nation's cultures? The food will most definitely be Asian inspired, but will it be an equal mix of the Four Nations or will it develop its own terrior? I can see it developing its own new cuisine, but traditional foods still remaining popular in the little immigrant enclaves that are going to form when people of the Four Nations emigrate to the United Republic. I can imagine little Fire Nation where smoked sea slugs and imported foods like fire-gummies and ash bananas can be found, as well as little Water Tribe with stewed sea prunes (that I can see someone offering to Korra, but her being disgusted by them due to her spiritual connection with Aang), seal jerky, and five flavour soup.

Yue "It's my duty Sokka. I have to do this."
Azula "Because I'm a people person."
Toph's burnt feet | Ocean Kumquats
Avatar Aang Memorial Island Clock
Nonbender "You're our Avatar too!"
FN Councilwomen's Keys
Eska "It's okay. I tried to kill cousin Korra when she ruined my wedding. It happens…
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: